Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Halloween Quest can't open chest to put coins

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 03, 2010
The Halloween Quest is broken at the moment. I did successfully complete the quest on one pirate a few days ago. However, now at this stage, I am tasked to open the chest and put the 5 coins into the chest at the base of the statue. When I approach the statue, my companions comment about the chest, but the chest is already open, and the lid is bobbling up and down. The hot spot won't trigger to hit 'x' to do something. Can't complete this quest on any other pirates.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Shaky Valerian Par... on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
The Halloween Quest is broken at the moment. I did successfully complete the quest on one pirate a few days ago. However, now at this stage, I am tasked to open the chest and put the 5 coins into the chest at the base of the statue. When I approach the statue, my companions comment about the chest, but the chest is already open, and the lid is bobbling up and down. The hot spot won't trigger to hit 'x' to do something. Can't complete this quest on any other pirates.
I only noticed that it is doing that on Avery realm, so far. If you change realms the chest is back to being closed as it should be.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I had this same thing happen too. In my case, I'd completed it on a couple pirates. The third pirate ran into this bug. I tried it with a fourth to see if it was on others. The fourth pirate completed it fine. The third pirate, a buccaneer, also had trouble seeing the town crier. I went back on the buccaneer, after the 4th pirate completed the quest, to see if it had cleared up. The town crier was visible, but chest was still bugged. I'll try changing realm and see what happens.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Thanks Crissy, I was on realm Avery and switching realms did the trick.

Administrator
Yup! Thanks all for your reports. The chest on the Avery Realm does indeed appear to be stuck in the open position. Switching realms is the best work around until we can get it fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*