Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

how the armadas been keeping tabs on you.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 26, 2013
Do you remember in Valencia that mechanical bird quest? I think the mechanical birds are armada made sentries sent out through the spiral to keep an eye on things. If you look at the archway at the end of the coopers roost docks, you'll actually see one of the robot robins, the bionic blue jays, the automated arthropods. it would make sense

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Chase Donnely on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
Do you remember in Valencia that mechanical bird quest? I think the mechanical birds are armada made sentries sent out through the spiral to keep an eye on things. If you look at the archway at the end of the coopers roost docks, you'll actually see one of the robot robins, the bionic blue jays, the automated arthropods. it would make sense
First nice idea, you will find out exactly what those mechanized passerines are during a later quest.
Second, birds are not arthropods. Arthropods have exoskeletons and jointed appendages, Spiders, Insects, Trilobites and even crabs are some examples of Arthropods.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
First nice idea, you will find out exactly what those mechanized passerines are during a later quest.
Second, birds are not arthropods. Arthropods have exoskeletons and jointed appendages, Spiders, Insects, Trilobites and even crabs are some examples of Arthropods.
Beautiful word usage. I love it.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Oh, I love trilobites! (I even found a lovely little trilobite fossil in the hills somewhat west of where I live) But alas, they are all extinct...

But back to the Armada; yes, I am sure they have an excellent system of spies. After all, Phule unnervingly greets you with "Aren't you supposed to be in Skull Island?" (First time you meet him) and "Aren't you supposed to be Cool Ranch?" (#2). So you have the heart-sinking realization that the evil powers-that-be are very interested in you and quite aware of your whereabouts -- even before you strike any serious blow against them! You also realize that their information is far from perfect, which is comforting. A bit.

How do they accomplish this? I suspect some of their spies are mortal agencies -- people who would gladly inform on you for a bit of gold (and the Armada has plundered Valencia, parts of Skull Island, and who knows where else. They have plenty of cash on hand). Fin Dorsal, I'm sure, told them everything he could about you in order to get chumy with prospective profitable employers. And there is a traitor in Port Regal, one who set up you and Bonnie Anne hand-in-glove with the Armada. I was inclined to think that perhaps this knowledge was gained by other techniques (a mechanical equivalent of a magical crystal ball targeting Mr. M's office perhaps?) until we learned that Catbeard was denounced as a traitor and easily caught. This does seem to indicate that Catbeard was set up by someone who knew not only his very checkered past but the general location of where he could be found (although not the hiding place itself). Catbeard's arrest would reduce Special Branch's operatives in Port Regal, which would be damaging to Marleybonean interests over all.

And other spies? Is there some sort of variation on the crystal ball idea available to the Armada? Are there some mechanized 'bugs' that relay information to the Armada? For instance, that dragonfly that just flew past your head... no, no, getting paranoid.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
"How the armada's been keeping tabs on you."

One of your crew is really an Armada spy. Leave 5 kegs of yum behind Gortez's pyramid and I will tell you which one.

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
I think Chase is talking about the crabs and spiders you find everywhere and not the birds.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Do i have a spy on my crew? im guessing it's ponce varga.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Chase Donnely on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
Arthropods are things like spiders, just to point out.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
Oh, I love trilobites! (I even found a lovely little trilobite fossil in the hills somewhat west of where I live) But alas, they are all extinct...

But back to the Armada; yes, I am sure they have an excellent system of spies. After all, Phule unnervingly greets you with "Aren't you supposed to be in Skull Island?" (First time you meet him) and "Aren't you supposed to be Cool Ranch?" (#2). So you have the heart-sinking realization that the evil powers-that-be are very interested in you and quite aware of your whereabouts -- even before you strike any serious blow against them! You also realize that their information is far from perfect, which is comforting. A bit.

How do they accomplish this? I suspect some of their spies are mortal agencies -- people who would gladly inform on you for a bit of gold (and the Armada has plundered Valencia, parts of Skull Island, and who knows where else. They have plenty of cash on hand). Fin Dorsal, I'm sure, told them everything he could about you in order to get chumy with prospective profitable employers. And there is a traitor in Port Regal, one who set up you and Bonnie Anne hand-in-glove with the Armada. I was inclined to think that perhaps this knowledge was gained by other techniques (a mechanical equivalent of a magical crystal ball targeting Mr. M's office perhaps?) until we learned that Catbeard was denounced as a traitor and easily caught. This does seem to indicate that Catbeard was set up by someone who knew not only his very checkered past but the general location of where he could be found (although not the hiding place itself). Catbeard's arrest would reduce Special Branch's operatives in Port Regal, which would be damaging to Marleybonean interests over all.

And other spies? Is there some sort of variation on the crystal ball idea available to the Armada? Are there some mechanized 'bugs' that relay information to the Armada? For instance, that dragonfly that just flew past your head... no, no, getting paranoid.
The fact that they're keeping tabs on us supports my theory of them slowly creating clones of our pirates and companions. Just think, in the final battle with Kane himself, we have a series of hour or so long dungeons fighting all bosses (of our companion clones!)...

Yes, companion clones. They look exactly like our main companions, stats and all, but they're evil and working for their 'master,' Kane. I'm thinking we'll only be fighting 4 or 5 boss C-Companions (clone companions), that we've added to our crews throughout the game, and has become quite a character icon: Our Starter, Bonnie Anne, El Toro, Gracie, and finally Catbeard (perhaps Ratbeard as well)...

It just seems to make sense to me. The Armada is watching us everywhere, even whenever we fight them, like Deacon, Phule, and Rooke (which i still don't believe to be truly 'dead') and when they fled all those times, making them able to report back to their 'programmers' about our fighting styles and all (giving them our and our companion's stats). Gracie will probably find a 'chip' containing all of that particular companion's stats once he/she is defeated, and then explain to us and our crew what's going on (even though we probably won't get it, lol)...

Finally whenever we fight Kane, we'll come face to face with our pirate's clones and, well... either Kane will flee in a final attempt to escape and leave us to deal with... 'ourselves'... or we'll fight both Kane and out pirate clones in the same, head to head battle, making that probably the end of the Armada, or perhaps a new chapter for Phule and his troops to rise, assuming he has 'troops' and 'Carnival' actually exists (a little inside joke between Highlander Fox and i, lol ).

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
I thought Bishop was trying to find out who made the birds and why the maker sent them to Marleybone an Valencia? If Kane told Bishop to do some research on the birds how could the armada be behind them

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Marleybonian Myth ... on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
I thought Bishop was trying to find out who made the birds and why the maker sent them to Marleybone an Valencia? If Kane told Bishop to do some research on the birds how could the armada be behind them

Good point...

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
BABOOOM!!!

Mind blown.

~Elizabeth, level 56 ~