Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

swashbuckler having no fun

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
how come swashbucklers barley get any companions in Aquila?

Ensign
Dec 31, 2011
awesome265863 on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
Because with their epic goodness they don't get as much companions as other classes. Think of it as a good thing. I know I do.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
go to pirate wiki and see how much buccaneers get. i counted and we get only ten special companions

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Every class gets the same amount of companions in AQ-3 (except Privs who get 4)

Hawkules is granted to everyone for doing the same main quest.

Zeena is granted to everyone for doing the same side quest.

Then each class gets the following determined by class:

Buccaneers-Eagle Hoplite (AWESOME!) (main)
Musketeers-Eagle Archer (main)
Privateers-Eagle Mercenary and Argos (main for both)
Swashbucklers-Samocles (side)
Witchdoctor-Serpent Augur (main)

~SM~

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
I don't know about you, but three Aquilan companions are, kinda, enough for me:
  • Hawkules
  • Samocles
  • Zeena
And yes I am a swashbuckler

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
awesome265863 on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
i managed to get 3 companions from aquila, and yes i am a maxed swashbuckler. however, companions arent my problem, 3 is plenty. my problem is that the prevent healing part of our third tier poison does not work. also, maybe i misunderstood its meaning, but gambit of steel seems no different than dance of steel.

-

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Blixet on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
i managed to get 3 companions from aquila, and yes i am a maxed swashbuckler. however, companions arent my problem, 3 is plenty. my problem is that the prevent healing part of our third tier poison does not work. also, maybe i misunderstood its meaning, but gambit of steel seems no different than dance of steel.

-
You are not the first one I have heard these from. As my swashbuckler is not high enough to state my own experience, Perhaps Ratbeard can offer an explanation?

Ensign
Apr 26, 2010
Blixet on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:

-
Gambit of Steel triggers enemy epic abilities, providing the ability to potentially hit all enemies several times.

I've heard of a bug where the "Curse" doesn't prevent Eagle and Legionnaire Shades from healing. Is this what you're talking about?

Also, the "Curse" could mean one of two things, and I'm not sure which.
1. Cursed enemy cannot be healed by self or team mates
2. Cursed enemy cannot cast heals

Hoping this helps,
Nimble Morgan Quincy, Marleybonian Commander

Ensign
Jan 24, 2009
Swashbucklers have good attacks so that's why they don't get a lot of companions in Aquila