Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Old scratch

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 17, 2013
I promoted old scratch and expected for the skeletal pirate he summons would be better, but i used bone chant and it was the same thing. I have seen other peoples old scratch summon better minions.

How do you get a better minion for old scratch to summon?

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
You have to promote Old Scratch once more and he receives a new skeletal minion to summon. He promotes at Lvl 34/35. Have fun!

Captain
May 16, 2011
Old Scratch first begins with Bone Chant, yes? When you promote him to Bokor he gets Jobu's Kiss, but no upgrade to the summon is made. However, once you promote Old Scratch to Houngan, the Skeletal Pirate summon changes to a Skeletal Corsair summon, and Jobu's Kiss stays the same. Does this make sense to you?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CressHall on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
I promoted old scratch and expected for the skeletal pirate he summons would be better, but i used bone chant and it was the same thing. I have seen other peoples old scratch summon better minions.

How do you get a better minion for old scratch to summon?
It will get higher as scratch levels. Plus if you boost his will before you do the summons it will make your minion a higher level.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
As I understand it, the Summoned Minion statistics depend on how high a level you are and how high your Will is.
Also, if you cast some powers that add to your Will (ie Big Juju, Juju, Calm the Troops, etc.) before you cast the Summons, your Summoned Character will be stronger. My impression is that just going up levels will increase the Summoned Character statistics but I wouldn't expect to see much if any improvement until the caster has gone up at least 5 levels and possibly more.