Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Invalid Login

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Sometimes, whenever I decide to play later at night, I disconnect randomly. It says connection lost and after I click okay, it says invalid login and logs me off. I'm able to login again, but this keeps happening at random times.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Gruesome Richard on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
Sometimes, whenever I decide to play later at night, I disconnect randomly. It says connection lost and after I click okay, it says invalid login and logs me off. I'm able to login again, but this keeps happening at random times.
This has happened to me many times. I thought it was just a generic error that the game shot out but I have been told, in alarming tones mind you, by several people telling me that it means someone is hacking into my account. Now I have seen the error you get trying to run two games on the same account and the wording is not even close to that invalid login error. Please, anyone at KingsIsle, Is that true? I have tried to calm people down telling them what it says if you try to have an account open twice but the belief or urban legend is really entrenched in their minds. Please clear this up, Does that mean someone is trying to hack you?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I had this problem recently and, apparently, it was due to the Wifi connection I was having to work with. My connection problems seemed to occur most during the day - so I figured that I was trying to get on when there were too many people using Wifi.

Administrator
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
This has happened to me many times. I thought it was just a generic error that the game shot out but I have been told, in alarming tones mind you, by several people telling me that it means someone is hacking into my account. Now I have seen the error you get trying to run two games on the same account and the wording is not even close to that invalid login error. Please, anyone at KingsIsle, Is that true? I have tried to calm people down telling them what it says if you try to have an account open twice but the belief or urban legend is really entrenched in their minds. Please clear this up, Does that mean someone is trying to hack you?
This definitely doesn't mean someone is hacking into your account. Failed log-ins to an account will not produce an in game message to the player.

If the problem persists, please direct questions to our Customer Support (support@pirate101.com) so they may assist you in identifying the technical problem that you might be experiencing.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
This definitely doesn't mean someone is hacking into your account. Failed log-ins to an account will not produce an in game message to the player.

If the problem persists, please direct questions to our Customer Support (support@pirate101.com) so they may assist you in identifying the technical problem that you might be experiencing.
Thanks Jack, I just knew it was alarmist stuff and hopefully your official declaration will calm them down a bit .

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Okay, if I encounter the problem again, I'll send a snapshot of my screen and send a report in.

Community Leader
This happens to me, usually on weekends.
Both on Pirates, and Wizards if im playing that instead.

It happens almost to the minute of me having been logged in 12 hours straight...

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Administrator
Dr Zeppers on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
This happens to me, usually on weekends.
Both on Pirates, and Wizards if im playing that instead.

It happens almost to the minute of me having been logged in 12 hours straight...
Passed this along to our testers and we were able to recreate the disconnect upon trying to teleport home after running the game for 15 hours. We'll take a look at it.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
Passed this along to our testers and we were able to recreate the disconnect upon trying to teleport home after running the game for 15 hours. We'll take a look at it.
LOL, Its done this to me forever.

I just figured its the nature of the beast, and since it was always at the 12 hour mark.
(no... dont generally play 12 hours straight, ive been known to spin during breaks though)

I call it the get me off the computer, and out of the house bug! ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV