Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Portals, Pirate, and Wizards, oh my!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
I know that a lot of people has been discussing having a wizard come here to Skull Island, but what if we pirates went there (Wizard City)!

Think of it this way: Captain Avery tells us that Vadima is in a bad way, and the only way to save her is to go to some old phony named Merle Ambrose. We are given a weird novelty they call a ‘Spiral Key’ and we are sent on our way via a Spiral door in Mooshu, one of the only portals from the Pirate side of the Spiral to the Wizard side. When we get there, it’s all weird and big, and there are wizards everywhere. When we get to Ambrose, he is very surprised, he had heard of pirates but hadn’t believed the dude who told him. A wizard comes in and- oh, I can’t explain this, I must write the dialogue!

Merle: “So, you’re a pirate. Very interesting. What world do you come from?”
Bonnie: “Skull Island.”
Merle: “What? I have never heard of that place… Could you tell me about it? I would love to-“
(A wizard dressed in green Aztecan robes walks in, muttering to himself) Wizard: “Headmaster, the situation in Azteca is just getting worse! The Dinos are Blaming the Avians for everything and Morganthe is- hey, who is that?” (The wizard turns to look at you)
Merle: “That, Aaron, is a pirate.”
Aaron LifeSpear: “Huh? A pirate? I thought that pirates were bad…” (Aaron starts to take out his wand)
Merle: “Stop! We cannot fight!”
Aaron: “Too late!”
Bonnie: “What do we do now, captain?”
Ratbeard: “CHARGE!”

You proceed to fight Aaron the annoying life wizard, then finally get the message across to Merle that you need help. I don’t want to fill in the rest, so you peeps can help me out!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Ihateseagulls on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
I know that a lot of people has been discussing having a wizard come here to Skull Island, but what if we pirates went there (Wizard City)!

Think of it this way: Captain Avery tells us that Vadima is in a bad way, and the only way to save her is to go to some old phony named Merle Ambrose. We are given a weird novelty they call a ‘Spiral Key’ and we are sent on our way via a Spiral door in Mooshu, one of the only portals from the Pirate side of the Spiral to the Wizard side. When we get there, it’s all weird and big, and there are wizards everywhere. When we get to Ambrose, he is very surprised, he had heard of pirates but hadn’t believed the dude who told him. A wizard comes in and- oh, I can’t explain this, I must write the dialogue!

Merle: “So, you’re a pirate. Very interesting. What world do you come from?”
Bonnie: “Skull Island.”
Merle: “What? I have never heard of that place… Could you tell me about it? I would love to-“
(A wizard dressed in green Aztecan robes walks in, muttering to himself) Wizard: “Headmaster, the situation in Azteca is just getting worse! The Dinos are Blaming the Avians for everything and Morganthe is- hey, who is that?” (The wizard turns to look at you)
Merle: “That, Aaron, is a pirate.”
Aaron LifeSpear: “Huh? A pirate? I thought that pirates were bad…” (Aaron starts to take out his wand)
Merle: “Stop! We cannot fight!”
Aaron: “Too late!”
Bonnie: “What do we do now, captain?”
Ratbeard: “CHARGE!”

You proceed to fight Aaron the annoying life wizard, then finally get the message across to Merle that you need help. I don’t want to fill in the rest, so you peeps can help me out!
Aaron: OK, OK, I give.

El Toro: Listen, we don't want ANY trouble, Avery sent us to help Madam Vadima and...

Ambros: VADIMA?! THE WITCHDOCTOR?!

Ratbeard: Hey, we are not def you know, and yes, Vadima the Witchdoctor

Ambros: She has been hunted down by Pigswick for years now.

Bonnie Anne: That's not the only group hunting her down, Bishop is leading a witch hunting group to find her.

Ambros: Who is Bishop?

Ol' Scratch: Bishop be an Armada elite sir me sir

Gracie: He is Kane's mad tinkerer, and Kane is leader of the Armada.

Ratbeard: If birdbeak finds Vadima before we do, she will be taken to Cadiz, and be executed for practicing Hoodoo.

Ambros: The Armada? This does not bode well.

Sarah Steel: It gets worse, Vadima ran back here to Wizard City to hide from the Armada, and Morgan La Fite is helping her stay a few steps ahead of the Armada.

Catbeard: What they don't know is that Bishop is the Armada's 2nd smartest clockwork, next to Kane of coarse, he will locate them in a matter of minutes.

Aaron: Then time is of the essence, we have to find Vadima and Morgan before Bishop.

Gracie: Since Bishop uses artificial magic to create his devices, it will be good to have a wizard for an ally.
(end)

What do you think will happen next?

Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2013
It would be a cross over quest which would take too long to explain everything !

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
I am getting tired of these threads... I joined Pirate101 for Pirates! Let's keep it like that please!

Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
Quentin Atherton on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
Aaron: OK, OK, I give.

El Toro: Listen, we don't want ANY trouble, Avery sent us to help Madam Vadima and...

Ambros: VADIMA?! THE WITCHDOCTOR?!

Ratbeard: Hey, we are not def you know, and yes, Vadima the Witchdoctor

Ambros: She has been hunted down by Pigswick for years now.

Bonnie Anne: That's not the only group hunting her down, Bishop is leading a witch hunting group to find her.

Ambros: Who is Bishop?

Ol' Scratch: Bishop be an Armada elite sir me sir

Gracie: He is Kane's mad tinkerer, and Kane is leader of the Armada.

Ratbeard: If birdbeak finds Vadima before we do, she will be taken to Cadiz, and be executed for practicing Hoodoo.

Ambros: The Armada? This does not bode well.

Sarah Steel: It gets worse, Vadima ran back here to Wizard City to hide from the Armada, and Morgan La Fite is helping her stay a few steps ahead of the Armada.

Catbeard: What they don't know is that Bishop is the Armada's 2nd smartest clockwork, next to Kane of coarse, he will locate them in a matter of minutes.

Aaron: Then time is of the essence, we have to find Vadima and Morgan before Bishop.

Gracie: Since Bishop uses artificial magic to create his devices, it will be good to have a wizard for an ally.
(end)

What do you think will happen next?
WOW! I love it!

New Quest: Re-design

Gracie: “Wait, how do you know about the Armada?”

Merle: “ A long story…” (Puppetshow) “Long ago, before Ravenwood was a recognized academy, a unicorn appeared in The Commons, with a stand that read: “Come see a living being assembled from gears and wires! The Armada model that won the Polarian War!” He made an Armada musketeer from the gears he brought with him, brought it to life, and everybody was gazing at it when it suddenly got a mind of its own. It began to shoot at anybody in sight, and then the masked robot appeared. The new one called him “Kane”, and treated him with great respect. They left suddenly, but not before the death professor, Malistaire, recorded the event. He attempted to re-create a clockwork, but I told him no. The clockwork killed his wife, and he blamed me and sent the Death School into Nightside. You must read this manual, to understand how the Armada works, so you can build one and re-program it to help prevent Bishop from killing Vadima.”

Aaron Lifespear: “Look, I know I nearly killed you, but you’ll probably need my help getting around here.” (Recruit Aaron Lifespear, lvl 70 life wizard [I know he’s dressed in Aztecan robes but we can’t reach lvl 90 yet…])

You go to the library, where Harold Argleston directs you the restricted section, but tells the wizard to keep an eye on you…

Bonnie: “Looka’ this! They don’t know how to function unless they have a bit ‘o windstone in their brains!”

Gracie: “Captain, I could make one, but we have no windstone, let alone gears…”

Old Scratch: “Captain my Captain, I an’ I see a dangerous hoodoo on that windstone... we not use it, or we be in great danger.”

Barnabus: “Be quiet, Scratch.”

Ratbeard: “Say, captain, what color is that windstone?”

Bonnie: “Good, gracious, Captain! It’s a black windstone!”

Old Scratch: “Oh my Captain, the only way we get the evil stone is in a doomed world. We go talk to Big Wizard.”

Ratbeard: “Hey, whiz boy! What world is he talking about?”

Aaron: “Azteca… but only wizards have been there, and it is held by an evil witch…”

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
LOL! This is funny! And btw somebody move this topic to the tavern.

Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
Ruthless Anthony on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
I am getting tired of these threads... I joined Pirate101 for Pirates! Let's keep it like that please!
I'm sorry you don't like it, but this part of the Messge Boards IS for ideas.

Ensign
May 07, 2013
Another suggestion would be if you got to go to, say, Wizard City, you might see wizard battles on, say, Unicorn Way. These wouldn't be anything you could actually join, of course, they would be strictly cosmetic events being performed entirely by NPCs (much like the henchmen you can buy for battles, representing Student Wizards).

Between these mock wizard battles would be Battle Board setups, where you could engage Lost Souls, Pirate-style.

On the same token, future W101 expansions might take us to P101 worlds, where we'd see mock Pirate battles, but could engage the local enemies Wizard style ...

Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
Ihateseagulls on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
WOW! I love it!

New Quest: Re-design

Gracie: “Wait, how do you know about the Armada?”

Merle: “ A long story…” (Puppetshow) “Long ago, before Ravenwood was a recognized academy, a unicorn appeared in The Commons, with a stand that read: “Come see a living being assembled from gears and wires! The Armada model that won the Polarian War!” He made an Armada musketeer from the gears he brought with him, brought it to life, and everybody was gazing at it when it suddenly got a mind of its own. It began to shoot at anybody in sight, and then the masked robot appeared. The new one called him “Kane”, and treated him with great respect. They left suddenly, but not before the death professor, Malistaire, recorded the event. He attempted to re-create a clockwork, but I told him no. The clockwork killed his wife, and he blamed me and sent the Death School into Nightside. You must read this manual, to understand how the Armada works, so you can build one and re-program it to help prevent Bishop from killing Vadima.”

Aaron Lifespear: “Look, I know I nearly killed you, but you’ll probably need my help getting around here.” (Recruit Aaron Lifespear, lvl 70 life wizard [I know he’s dressed in Aztecan robes but we can’t reach lvl 90 yet…])

You go to the library, where Harold Argleston directs you the restricted section, but tells the wizard to keep an eye on you…

Bonnie: “Looka’ this! They don’t know how to function unless they have a bit ‘o windstone in their brains!”

Gracie: “Captain, I could make one, but we have no windstone, let alone gears…”

Old Scratch: “Captain my Captain, I an’ I see a dangerous hoodoo on that windstone... we not use it, or we be in great danger.”

Barnabus: “Be quiet, Scratch.”

Ratbeard: “Say, captain, what color is that windstone?”

Bonnie: “Good, gracious, Captain! It’s a black windstone!”

Old Scratch: “Oh my Captain, the only way we get the evil stone is in a doomed world. We go talk to Big Wizard.”

Ratbeard: “Hey, whiz boy! What world is he talking about?”

Aaron: “Azteca… but only wizards have been there, and it is held by an evil witch…”
Then a wizard come in.

Bonnie: your Justin Firepetal the wizard who defeated the evil death wizard.

Justin: yes i am pirate now die "burns them with a helgfant