Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay IV

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 16, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
Emma = Forever Alone

I kid, I kid. No hard feelings! I'm trying to find a way to get back in here, so I think I'll just forget my posts with Keira and jump in with Valerie. I need to get used to her character anyway.

~

Valerie watched the destruction unfold, her gold hair swiftly blowing back in the winds. Her golden gaze was focused on everything happening. She had been watching it go on for a while now. She reached for her rapier and shield, and strapped the shield to her arm again. She then blew a piece of hair from her face, before leaping down into the cave. She landed on a rock, but because of how unstable it was, it toppled downward, but the Privateer remained calm and kept her blank expression. The rock skidded against gravel, bits of the grey rock flying upward, and Valerie waited for the right time to jump off. She noticed a landing up ahead, which was a path to another cavern, and timed it best she could before leaping from the speeding rock. Her balance was off, which nearly sent her falling, but luck and decent timing let her grip a rock before falling.

"I hate it when this happens...." She mused lowly, but the deep cave's hollow core echoed her voice, probably enhancing the volume loud enough for the others to hear it. "So much for a silent entrance."

The blonde glanced at her leg, which had been previously injured from a disagreement she had with some black haired girl with a rather deadly scythe, and though it was still hurting a little, and the cut was still visible, it was healing. "Ugh, I better thank Alex next time I see her for giving me that potion." Speaking of potions, she checked her satchel to make sure the extra three potions she carried were still there. Sure enough, the spherical beakers containing the healing liquid remained unbroken and fine. The leader of Skull Island's somewhat well known League of Thieves sighed in relaxation.

She had to figure out some way to get out of here. Valerie decided the only way to escape this mess would be to ask for some help. The prideful Privateer loathed requesting assistance, but it was do or die. Or get seriously injured. Either way.

In knowledge there were others down here, she called out: "HEY! Think I could get some help here?"
OOC: Gah! I'm being overwhelmed by roleplays, yet somehow I'm keeping track of them.
~
Connor rose up out of the rocks, gasping for air. The cave in of Skull Cave seemed to be settling down, yet rocks were still tumbling. Connor glanced at his good-luck charm; a golden compass. Was this really worth it? He thought. Then Connor made his decision. Amidst the ultimate destruction of Skull Cave, he ran to Luke and Lizzy. He grabbed them, and ran for the exit, sat them down outside, then ran back inside. Warwick! Where is Warwick?! Connor thought. He quickly located Warwick, and started struggling with the rock. Soon, he had busted the wall open, and pulled Warwick to safety. As he got Warwick out, Connor heard someone yell, "HEY! Think I could get some help here?" Connor froze. Someone was still in there! But who? He dashed back inside, following the sound of the voice. He soon found Valerie. "Come on! Grab my hand! I'll get you out of here!" Connor yelled at her over the powerful sound of tumbling rocks.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Bikaneri on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
Wait.
What happened to Hunter?
I think he escaped the cavern before it collapsed, and high-tailed it out of there and never wanted to be a pirate again. XD You're call, though. He's your character after all.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Bikaneri on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
Can we stop the turn thing? I feel like whwen an inspiration strikes, we do it.
The turns help keep the story in order, that way it's run smoothly and nobody is left out. I understand that sometimes its hard to contain your enthusiasm for the story, and I've had inspiration strike more than twice since the turns were first established, but I've waited my turn to see what happens next, and then used my previous inspiration when my turn comes around. I think we should keep the turn thing, even though I know (first hand!) that it's sometimes hard to do.

~Elizabeth, level 22 ~

Petty Officer
Jun 05, 2011
Luke E. asked, "Where is the other person you are training?"
Luke said, "Oh my gosh. He is somewhere in Skull Mountain! Let's go find Hunter."
Lizzy said, "He is my cousin, I will help him."
The three ran to Skull Mountain.

Meanwhile...
Hunter was wandering through Skull Island.
He asked himself, "Wait, where is Luke? I thought he was right here."
He yelled, "HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Luke and Lizzy heard his voice. They ran so fast, that Hunter appeared in front of them in one second.
Hunter said, "Where were you guys?"
Luke replied, "We split directions. Anyway, I brought a friend. His name is Luke EmeraldFlame."
Hunter asked, "Isn't that your name?"
Luke answered, "We have the same name. He is a wizard from Wizard City. He goes by Luke E.
When everyone hightailed out of there, They were confronted by a spider.
A skeletal spider.
Luke E. said, "She is here! Not now!"
Luke asked, "Who?"
"Morganthe."

~
Guys make sure you check out my Roleplay Party.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Bikaneri on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
Luke said, "Oh my gosh. He is somewhere in Skull Mountain! Let's go find Hunter."

Meanwhile...
Luke and Lizzy heard his voice. They ran so fast, that Hunter appeared in front of them in one second.
Luke replied, "We split directions. Anyway, I brought a friend. His name is Luke EmeraldFlame."
Luke answered, "We have the same name. He is a wizard from Wizard City. He goes by Luke E.
A skeletal spider.
Luke asked, "Who?"
"Morganthe."

~
And... the order is broken.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Bikaneri on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:

Meanwhile...
A skeletal spider.
Luke asked, "Who?"
"Morganthe."

~
OOC: Wait, what?! Sorry everybody but at this point I am really, really, REALLY confused. What's going on?

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Thunder Hawk on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Gah! I'm being overwhelmed by roleplays, yet somehow I'm keeping track of them.
~
Connor rose up out of the rocks, gasping for air. The cave in of Skull Cave seemed to be settling down, yet rocks were still tumbling. Connor glanced at his good-luck charm; a golden compass. Was this really worth it? He thought. Then Connor made his decision. Amidst the ultimate destruction of Skull Cave, he ran to Luke and Lizzy. He grabbed them, and ran for the exit, sat them down outside, then ran back inside. Warwick! Where is Warwick?! Connor thought. He quickly located Warwick, and started struggling with the rock. Soon, he had busted the wall open, and pulled Warwick to safety. As he got Warwick out, Connor heard someone yell, "HEY! Think I could get some help here?" Connor froze. Someone was still in there! But who? He dashed back inside, following the sound of the voice. He soon found Valerie. "Come on! Grab my hand! I'll get you out of here!" Connor yelled at her over the powerful sound of tumbling rocks.
Valerie hesitated, but then took Connor's hand. Better than being stuck in the middle of a rockfall... She considered. "We might as well wanna get out of here," She stated.

(OOc: I like this Roleplay. :D Really fun and intriguing.)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
So are we just going to dump the whole turn thing? I'd like to write, but I won't write because it's not my turn yet. Lizzy (and her personal scribe, which would be me) are amazed that Conner would save her and Luke, just forgetting everything in the past. Lizzy and I are quite shocked and I would definitely like to respond to this, but I won't yet. However, at the suggestion of Luke, if we dump this whole thing than you can expect me to write every day. So what's the plan now?

~Elizabeth, level 22 ~

Petty Officer
Jun 05, 2011
Ok lets put the order together.
Just Add Bacon
The Highlander Fox
Thunderchu
Bikaneri
D.S. Deveraux

Good enough?
Lizzy your turn

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Thunder Hawk on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Wait, what?! Sorry everybody but at this point I am really, really, REALLY confused. What's going on?
I've got no clue. Lizzy's leg is broken, and, yet, she's following Luke around to look for Hunter, and then Morganthe appears? This just got totally out of whack! It's not very much with the storyline anymore, and these roleplays aren't major things that happen, like fighting Kane. They're (somewhat) minor things that happen in the daily lives of the pirates when they're not exploring the spiral... and yet we run into Morganthe, Lizzy with a broken (?) leg...
I'm lost.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
"Morganthe." Warwick woke to the word spoken in the distance. Only he had been unconscious in the escape from the cave, and he saw a scrap from Conner's hat nearby. Rolling to a sitting position, Warwick rubbed his head and stood after a few minutes of catching his breath. He looked to the group, recognizing Conner first.
And to you I owe a debt, Warwick decided, joining the conversation. He locked eyes with the wizard, casting a deathly glare at him. How dare anybody get into his head. Warwick received glares from others in the group, but a kindly expression from Lizzy. He turned to see Valerie approaching. He extended another hand, noticing a slight limp.
"You alright?" Warwick asked. He decided that by helping, perhaps he could get a foothold in this rag-tag group of pirates and be able to repay Conner at last. Then, it would be off to find his parents. No more distractions, Warwick promised himself.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
I've got no clue. Lizzy's leg is broken, and, yet, she's following Luke around to look for Hunter, and then Morganthe appears? This just got totally out of whack! It's not very much with the storyline anymore, and these roleplays aren't major things that happen, like fighting Kane. They're (somewhat) minor things that happen in the daily lives of the pirates when they're not exploring the spiral... and yet we run into Morganthe, Lizzy with a broken (?) leg...
I'm lost.
I so agree. Bikaneri, please just stick to the storyline, don't involve Morganthe. This is a Pirate roleplay. Not a wizard roleplay. Let's keep it that way please.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
DS Devereaux on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
"Morganthe." Warwick woke to the word spoken in the distance. Only he had been unconscious in the escape from the cave, and he saw a scrap from Conner's hat nearby. Rolling to a sitting position, Warwick rubbed his head and stood after a few minutes of catching his breath. He looked to the group, recognizing Conner first.
And to you I owe a debt, Warwick decided, joining the conversation. He locked eyes with the wizard, casting a deathly glare at him. How dare anybody get into his head. Warwick received glares from others in the group, but a kindly expression from Lizzy. He turned to see Valerie approaching. He extended another hand, noticing a slight limp.
"You alright?" Warwick asked. He decided that by helping, perhaps he could get a foothold in this rag-tag group of pirates and be able to repay Conner at last. Then, it would be off to find his parents. No more distractions, Warwick promised himself.
I know there's a whole turn thing so do I post or not? XD?

I'll just respond here I guess?

~

Valerie nodded. "I'm fine. Just uh, never get on the bad side of a Witchdoctor with a rather deadly scythe flanked by an overprotective water mole." She explained ruefully. "It's healing, just not as fast as it should. Alex ripped me off...." She considered. The Privateer then shrugged.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
"SPIDER!!!" Lizzy yelled. Of all the things she feared, it had to be the thing she feared the most. Lizzy's breath came in short, sharp rasps as she thrust herself onto her one good leg and tried to hobble away, ending up more like half-crawling through the sand, sending it flying.
"Lizzy!" Conner said, leaping in front of her and stopping her from going forward. Lizzy, more scared of the spider than she was of Conner, slithered around him and tried to belly-crawl her way up the beach.
She looked pathetic.
"Lizzy, listen to me." He said, marching in front of her. Lizzy, deciding that she was far enough away from the spider now, hauled herself into a sitting position and glared at Conner. How dare he get in her way.
"What?" She snarled uncharacteristically, glancing back with fear to see if the skeletal spider had pursued her. It didn't.
"It won't hurt you." He said.
Lizzy's expression softened. How stupid she was. "You're right." She said, totally embarrassed and hoping that despite the full moon, the night was dark enough to where nobody could see her scarlet face. She winced and clutched her leg, the pain having pierced her thoughts once again. Lizzy moaned, and rolled onto her back. She stared blankly at the star-lit night sky, wondering what in the world she was going to do with her broken leg.

Petty Officer
Jun 05, 2011
Sorry i messed this up. Forget about Morganthe, Lizzy didnt come with Luke.
There happy?

Captain
May 16, 2011
"SPIDER!!!" Lizzy yelled. Of all the things she feared, it had to be the thing she feared the most. Lizzy's breath came in short, sharp rasps as she thrust herself onto her one good leg and tried to hobble away, ending up more like half-crawling through the sand, sending it flying.
"Lizzy!" Conner said, leaping in front of her and stopping her from going forward. Lizzy, more scared of the spider than she was of Conner, slithered around him and tried to belly-crawl her way up the beach.
She looked pathetic.
"Lizzy, listen to me." He said, marching in front of her. Lizzy, deciding that she was far enough away from the spider now, hauled herself into a sitting position and glared at Conner. How dare he get in her way.
"What?" She snarled uncharacteristically, glancing back with fear to see if the skeletal spider had pursued her. It didn't.
Lizzy's expression softened. How stupid she was. "You're right." She said, totally embarrassed and hoping that despite the full moon, the night was dark enough to where nobody could see her scarlet face. She winced and clutched her leg, the pain having pierced her thoughts once again. Lizzy moaned, and rolled onto her back. She stared blankly at the star-lit night sky, wondering what in the world she was going to do with her broken leg.
OOC: Ummmmm, Connor wouldn't have done that. All he did was get everyone to safety, but he didn't suddenly care about everyone. Connor would have let Lizzy go, not stop her.
~
Furious, Connor dashed towards the spider. He took out a huge cutlass(Ratbeard's third promotion sword), and started whacking at the spider with it. He ripped up the spider, and barrel rolled back to his original position.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Thunder Hawk on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Ummmmm, Connor wouldn't have done that. All he did was get everyone to safety, but he didn't suddenly care about everyone. Connor would have let Lizzy go, not stop her.
~
Furious, Connor dashed towards the spider. He took out a huge cutlass(Ratbeard's third promotion sword), and started whacking at the spider with it. He ripped up the spider, and barrel rolled back to his original position.
OOC: Excellent point, Thunderchu. My bad, with all the roleplays and my own writing I kinda got mixed up. Sorry about that! I'm going to go back and edit my post now... Well, at least you guys know about Lizzy's deathly fear of spiders

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Thunder Hawk on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
~
Nevermind, it won't let me edit anymore. Okay so forget about the Conner thing, Lizzy just made a complete and utter fool out of herself and we'll leave it at that.
And Bikaneri, it's okay that you brought up Morganthe. This is your roleplay, and you can do whatever you want with it. However, if I may say my two cents, maybe the spider was a spy of Morganthe, wanting to conquer all parts of the spiral? Morganthe doesn't still need to be in the roleplay and there doesn't need to be a fight against her, but a lot of us have already responded to the Morganthe thing and I think that now we should keep it, but it's up to you. What should we do now?

~Elizabeth, level 22 ~

Petty Officer
Jun 05, 2011
I like your spider spy idea. My turn.

~
A cannonball was heard in the distance. It landed where the spider was.
Then a pirate appeared.
Their name was........
~
First Post names them!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
She looked pathetic.
Let's get things moving again, shall we?
-
In a few hours' time, the pirates had packed themselves into the Kraken Skulls tavern. glasses of Yum were passed around for a few hours while small-talk - inevitably there - resulted in the pirates growing closer to one another. Warwick sat at a table on the other side of the tavern, though, looking outside. Thoughts of the spider pried at his awareness and he felt the need to watch over things. Not at all to his surprise, other arachnids roamed the sand as the skies got darker. Furrowing his brow, Warwick flicked a poison spore from a drawstring back towards where the spiders tread. When each creature stepped over or on the spore, they would become entangled and eventually defeated by the poison. All of this was done silently in Warwick's self-induced solitude.
"Hey, Warwick!" Warwick turned to one of the pirates calling his name, "Why don't you join us, you loner?" Warwick checked on the spore from the corner of his peripheral vision. It looked like as if it would remain stable for the rest of the night. Scratching the back of his head, he walked towards the bar, sitting at the very end. Paler than ever, Warwick held his elbows. He could steal anything he wanted off of anybody he pleased, yet words were still a hard one for him. He folded his arms and leaned on them, pretending to be listening in on the conversation.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
-
In a few hours' time, the pirates had packed themselves into the Kraken Skulls tavern. glasses of Yum were passed around for a few hours while small-talk - inevitably there - resulted in the pirates growing closer to one another. Warwick sat at a table on the other side of the tavern, though, looking outside. Thoughts of the spider pried at his awareness and he felt the need to watch over things. Not at all to his surprise, other arachnids roamed the sand as the skies got darker. Furrowing his brow, Warwick flicked a poison spore from a drawstring back towards where the spiders tread. When each creature stepped over or on the spore, they would become entangled and eventually defeated by the poison. All of this was done silently in Warwick's self-induced solitude.
"Hey, Warwick!" Warwick turned to one of the pirates calling his name, "Why don't you join us, you loner?" Warwick checked on the spore from the corner of his peripheral vision. It looked like as if it would remain stable for the rest of the night. Scratching the back of his head, he walked towards the bar, sitting at the very end. Paler than ever, Warwick held his elbows. He could steal anything he wanted off of anybody he pleased, yet words were still a hard one for him. He folded his arms and leaned on them, pretending to be listening in on the conversation.
OOC: Thanks -- I've been waiting for something to happen. XD
~
Lizzy raised her eyebrows at Warwick, who sat one stool away from the rest of the group, pretending to be interested in what was going on. Lizzy got up, walked over to Warwick, then sat down next to him. She said nothing. Lizzy bought him another bottle of Yum, handing it to him, and smiling at him. She still said nothing. She sighed, looking down at her boots, her smile fading ever so slightly as she went into deeper thought. Lizzy bowed her head, her forehead touching the bar. She closed her eyes.
A lot had just happened, and she knew that things were going to be wrapping up soon. Who knows when she'll next be able to see her newfound friends? (she played with her shirt at this) She knew Warwick wanted nothing but to do something else, and Lizzy could tell he was anxious to leave. Maybe she should offer to help on whatever he needs?
She turned to Warwick and opened her mouth, then closed it again, looking down. He probably wouldn't appreciate it -- if he wanted help, he would ask for it.
Liz rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. What should I do?
Then she decided. She took a deep breath, sat straight up once more, then took a gold coin out of her top coat. Lizzy examined it for a moment, then handed it to Warwick.
He looked down at the coin silently, his eyes gazing over the Golden Gryphon on the front, and the crest of Grizzleheim on the back. Warwick looked at Lizzy questioningly.
She shrugged. "Just in case." was the only thing she said. Lizzy left it up to Warwick to figure it out.

Captain
May 16, 2011
DS Devereaux on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
-
Connor sat up from the table and said, "Well, I must be going now. I'll see you all again sometime, when 'sometime' gets interesting." Connor grinned, and then walked out of the tavern. He then went to his dorm, and changed into a new outfit. He had changed into a Aquilan hat and armor, with a cape flowing behind him. There on his cape bore his signature: A ying and yang symbol with a golden dragon surrounding it.
~
OOC: Take special note that Hank in Roleplay V, and Liam in Roleplay III: redone, both have the same signature.
~
Connor took out his cutlass, and snapped his spear in half. Then, a couple of days later, Connor went straight to Luke. Connor then said, "I heard you're hiring pirates to help show the armada a scheme or two." He grinned. "Tell me when we start."

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
nullOOC: Warwick is the king of awkward silence.
-
Warwick quickly accepted the bottle of Yum, glad to have something to refresh himself with. Fatigue pulled at his thoughts, plaguing his intuition and reasoning. As Lizzy began to think harder, Warwick cupped his chin with his hands, glaring out of focus at the back wall of the tavern. Lizzy and the others had done so much for him, and without any hesitation. Instead of arguing with his captain, he was now surrounded by interesting people who had saved his life. As he was presented with the coin, Warwick nodded and carefully placed it in another pouch under a larger scale in his armor where a drawstring bag had been wedged. Inside were bits of windstones and pendants that he had decided to keep. A pang of guilt bopped him in the stomach, as he didn't have much to give back. Warwick removed and sifted through the bag with two fingers, removing a pendant. It was a long, hexagon-shaped, clear windstone on a thread. Warwick felt at his neck and pulled a similar pendant from under his armor, though his was a little rougher.
"I had another," he said in a shy whisper, "I still don't know where it goes." Warwick sheepishly opened Lizzy's hand and closed it around the stone. Warwick put the drawstring bag back and stood, stretching his arms up. He discreetly saluted Lizzy and started off into the night. The warmth of the tavern quickly faded away once he was on the outside. No longer was he on Avery's tab, meaning that all money spent would have to be made on his own, and he didn't have a coin. Warwick walked aimlessly into the island, mumbling to himself and fiddling with the clear windstone.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Valerie kicked her feet up onto the bar. She snatched a fourth bottle of Yum from the counter and took a long drink from it. The caramel haired Privateer didn't belong in a small group of other pirates. She worked alone.... Sort of. Where were Amy and Savannah when you need them? She then moved her attention to the scratch on her leg.

"Alex ripped me off... Stage three was supposed to heal it instantly!" She stated to no one in particular. "Ugh... At least she gave it to me. Thinking back she did say it wouldn't heal instantly... Something weird about Witchdoctors. Especially ones with scythes."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
nullOOC: Warwick is the king of awkward silence.
-
Warwick quickly accepted the bottle of Yum, glad to have something to refresh himself with. Fatigue pulled at his thoughts, plaguing his intuition and reasoning. As Lizzy began to think harder, Warwick cupped his chin with his hands, glaring out of focus at the back wall of the tavern. Lizzy and the others had done so much for him, and without any hesitation. Instead of arguing with his captain, he was now surrounded by interesting people who had saved his life. As he was presented with the coin, Warwick nodded and carefully placed it in another pouch under a larger scale in his armor where a drawstring bag had been wedged. Inside were bits of windstones and pendants that he had decided to keep. A pang of guilt bopped him in the stomach, as he didn't have much to give back. Warwick removed and sifted through the bag with two fingers, removing a pendant. It was a long, hexagon-shaped, clear windstone on a thread. Warwick felt at his neck and pulled a similar pendant from under his armor, though his was a little rougher.
"I had another," he said in a shy whisper, "I still don't know where it goes." Warwick sheepishly opened Lizzy's hand and closed it around the stone. Warwick put the drawstring bag back and stood, stretching his arms up. He discreetly saluted Lizzy and started off into the night. The warmth of the tavern quickly faded away once he was on the outside. No longer was he on Avery's tab, meaning that all money spent would have to be made on his own, and he didn't have a coin. Warwick walked aimlessly into the island, mumbling to himself and fiddling with the clear windstone.
Elizabeth felt honored, and smiled at Warwick as she put the necklace over her head. Long after Warwick left, Lizzy gazed at the clear windstone and its scratches, closely examining its marks of history. She smiled, having a feeling that she knew where the windstone went. If she and Warwick ever crossed paths again, Lizzy would make sure to tell him. But for now, it was her little secret. Lizzy brushed some of her blonde hair behind her ear, and watched the amulet in silence for the rest of the night.

OOC: This roleplay seems to wrapping up, and from another thread (Roleplay Party!) Bikaneri isn't going to be apart of Pirate101 very much anymore... so what should we do? I feel like this story is too good to end so soon! Anybody have any ideas on what we should do next?