Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay IV

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
DS Devereaux on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
You're back! I was so afraid that the roleplay had died, as it would have without you. But I'm once again calmed and overjoyed by seeing your post.

Nidavellir Order:

Mackenzie was there, already, and so was Connor, I think. Lizzy came in, next. Then was Warwick, who has no clue as to what is going on in the very slightest. Not sure if Hank is there...?
I agree that Mackenzie was already there, she was doing something wizardly in Winterdeep Warrens and walked out just as Lizzie was clearing her mind and looking at the carvings.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
CdeWinter on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
I agree that Mackenzie was already there, she was doing something wizardly in Winterdeep Warrens and walked out just as Lizzie was clearing her mind and looking at the carvings.
OOC: Okay, so, Mackenzie, Connor, Lizzy, Warwick, then Alex? I need to do a lot of catching up, I'll see what I can do...
~
Lizzy accepted the box with interest, examining the features of the wood and running her hands over the craftsmanship before she opened it to see what was inside. Before she could, however, an unfamiliar voice spoke from the shadows and made Lizzy jump, nearly dropping the potion and the box.

"It's never a good sign when you start talking aloud to yourself, or to grendels for that matter." Said the voice. Lizzy turned sharply to see the wizard, and instantly felt on guard when she saw the magical weapon. She put the potion and the box gingerly into her pouch and sighed.

Sometimes talking to oneself helps to keep someone sane. I know. Lizzy thought.

"...I'm Mackenzie Stormhammer, by the way. What class are you?"

The swashbuckler searched her brain. Surely the wizard couldn't so immediately tell that she was a pirate? Oh! She was talking about magic classes, of course. "I'm a Theurgist." Lizzy replied in a small voice. She was in too much thought to try and sound convincing.

Her thoughts were interrupted, though, when she heard the grand doors of Nidavellir opened once more. "H-hello?" Warwick's voice sounded, echoing towards the group.

"Warwick!" Lizzy's eyes grew wide from surprise and she rushed over to the privateer, hugging him. "I remember who I am now. Who you are. I'm sorry I ever forgot." She opened her eyes over Warwick's shoulder and saw the doors open again to reveal Alex. "Oh my goodness!" Lizzy said, sounding just like her mother. She promptly pulled Alex into a hug, too, smiling broadly. "I'm so glad you're okay!" She leaned away, her hands on her friend's shoulders. "You are okay, right?" She lifted her hands away and tilted Alex's chin this way and that, examining her for injuries.

Then she felt something odd on her clothes, and turned around to look to Warwick again, holding her arms away from her body. "You're wet." She said with a small chuckle.

"Oh, more people!" Mackenzie's voice interrupted the reunion. Lizzy shifted her focus to the extremely fuzzy form of the pyromancer (she's quite nearsighted after so many years of reading), and listened to her explain about Nidavellir. Lizzy wanted to respond to the girl's incredible knowledge of the magical place, but didn't get the chance to. "You've all had a run in with Oblivion haven't you?"

Lizzy's smile faded from her lips. She turned back to Alex, a question in her expression. What did happen?

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
OOC: First and foremost, I'd like to apologize for my sudden absence from this Roleplay, and the message boards in general. Not only have I been suffering from stress and uncontrollable anger, I'm finding it much harder to laugh and be happy. I watched ghostbusters to start the year off (literally, I watched it at 12:00 January 1st) and I couldn't force myself to laugh. Same with Madea, which I saw a week ago. I've been suffering from insomnia more than usual. I can't smile simply or have a good day, and it's really starting to tick me off.

I'm so sorry....

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
OOC: First and foremost, I'd like to apologize for my sudden absence from this Roleplay, and the message boards in general. Not only have I been suffering from stress and uncontrollable anger, I'm finding it much harder to laugh and be happy. I watched ghostbusters to start the year off (literally, I watched it at 12:00 January 1st) and I couldn't force myself to laugh. Same with Madea, which I saw a week ago. I've been suffering from insomnia more than usual. I can't smile simply or have a good day, and it's really starting to tick me off.

I'm so sorry....
Hey, it's okay. You don't need to be sorry...I understand why you felt withdrawal necessary with how you're feeling. I'm not angry or disappointed with you in any way. I'm very happy to see you posting here; your roleplay updates overjoy me. No matter what happens, we're all right behind you in it. I wish I knew what to say or what to do to make you feel better besides what I say now, but know that I wish the very best ("Blessings 'n Giggles!") upon you in your current struggles. Hang in there!

-
Warwick chuckled, slightly shocked by Lizzy's sudden personality change. He indeed was wet from the swim, and it was funny to him that Lizzy hadn't noticed it until much later. He shook his hair out, a little, and continued in. Nidavellir was brightly-lit, reflecting off of the moisture on Warwick's skin. He paced, examining the tiles and artwork.

Imagine if Marleybone saw this, Warwick thought in awe, And Doggett wasn't there to ruin it all. This place would be bare. He ran his hand over one of the paintings, not collecting dust of any sort. This confused him, but he walked on.

Meanwhile, the magic was beginning to get to him. The further he walked into Nidavellir, the more the magic pulled at his consciousness. He heard whispers, songs; All drawn from the doors. Glowing wisps surrounded him, and the energy they emitted made him nauseous. He slowly returned to Lizzy and the others. He glanced at Mackenzie, who he found much energy to be floating around.

"Who are you?" He grunted, folding his arms.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:

I'm so sorry....
OOC: Wow. There's no need to apologize, you've been dealing with something emotionally and I'm glad that you were capable of taking a break from the message boards. It's been a little nice, not having to worry about deadlines and how other people view what we write. Though, I must say, it seems a little strange to have such a coincidence of us going through similar things at the same time. I haven't been having any more anger than usual, though instead I've been stressed and depressed. Depressed about things that I can't change, too, which stinks. I'm sad that I don't have any siblings. I'm sad that I don't have a dog that loves me (no, my dog insists on kissing up to my dad, even though I love my dog the most and spend the most time with him). I'm sad that even after more than a year of really trying hard to make friends, I haven't been able to find one that I know will actually be there by my side, that I can just call up and ask them to meet me at a park, then we'll just stroll around and talk. I don't have any of these things, and this won't change. It's not something I can help. And it's made me sad. And I can't change this.

Thus, my absence from the message boards. I've been so focused on what I don't have and what I need to change about myself that I've pushed off this roleplay, the message boards, and my writing all together. Which only starts the cycle of depression over again, as it gives me more time to mope about what I don't have and feel I need. So it's surprising and a little calming to me to know that I'm not the only person who goes through things like this. Emma, you're not alone. I know the feeling. Even if you don't want to tell me things about yourself, that's fine with me, you don't need to. I'm here for you. I can tell you some things that distracts me from my depression and stress if you want me to, though for now, I'd just like you to know that you and I are going through the same things, and that you've got a friend if you need one.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
DS Devereaux on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
Hey, it's okay. You don't need to be sorry...I understand why you felt withdrawal necessary with how you're feeling. I'm not angry or disappointed with you in any way. I'm very happy to see you posting here; your roleplay updates overjoy me. No matter what happens, we're all right behind you in it. I wish I knew what to say or what to do to make you feel better besides what I say now, but know that I wish the very best ("Blessings 'n Giggles!") upon you in your current struggles. Hang in there!

-
Warwick chuckled, slightly shocked by Lizzy's sudden personality change. He indeed was wet from the swim, and it was funny to him that Lizzy hadn't noticed it until much later. He shook his hair out, a little, and continued in. Nidavellir was brightly-lit, reflecting off of the moisture on Warwick's skin. He paced, examining the tiles and artwork.

Imagine if Marleybone saw this, Warwick thought in awe, And Doggett wasn't there to ruin it all. This place would be bare. He ran his hand over one of the paintings, not collecting dust of any sort. This confused him, but he walked on.

Meanwhile, the magic was beginning to get to him. The further he walked into Nidavellir, the more the magic pulled at his consciousness. He heard whispers, songs; All drawn from the doors. Glowing wisps surrounded him, and the energy they emitted made him nauseous. He slowly returned to Lizzy and the others. He glanced at Mackenzie, who he found much energy to be floating around.

"Who are you?" He grunted, folding his arms.
"What? Who am I?" Mackenzie repeated, trying her best to look offended by the question, and possibly succeeding.

"Why I am Mackenzie Stormhammer!", she replied, taking a step back and placing one hand on her chest,
"Transcedent Pyromancer, Order of the Fang, Slayer of the Jade Oni, Hero of Wizard City, Krokotopia, Grizzleheim, Marleybone, Mooshu, and Dragonspyre, Knight of Avalon, A+ Student, Master of Fire, and the Grandmaster of Gardening! Retired, now though. Too many people taking my help for granted." Mackenzie finished, her smile rapidly replacing the proud and haughty look she had worn while reciting her titles.

The room fell silent for a bit as Mackenzie took in the clothes and weapons of the young people. Hmm, only one wand in sight, too little magic and too many swords she thought, and that one is soaking wet, at least that I can help with.

Mackenzie quickly stepped up to Warrick and grabbed his wrist in a firm yet gentle hold. As Warrick reacted to the sudden movement, he noticed Mackenzie's green eyes had changed.They appeared to be filled with a glowing flickering green light as if her eyes contained small flames. He then noticed a strange warming sensation spreading from Mackenzie's hand and travelling throughout his body. Soon small wisps of steam were rising from Warrick's clothing, leaving him completely dry and feeling warmer then when he had first entered Nidavellir.

"So what adventure are you young pirates on, and may I join?" Mackenzie asked as she released her hold on Warrick's wrist.

[OOC: Emma, I'm sorry to hear that you are going through a rough time, and I really hope you are talking about it to your family because it sounds like you could really use their help and company right now. I also agree completely with Lizzy, if you feel you need a break from the message boards and from the roleplays, don't worry we will all patiently await your return.

Destiny; I know I cannont get Warrick's reactions as nearly as accurate as you can, so if you feel the need to expand the interaction between Mackenzie and Warrick in my post, please do so.]

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
OOC: Wow. There's no need to apologize, you've been dealing with something emotionally and I'm glad that you were capable of taking a break from the message boards. It's been a little nice, not having to worry about deadlines and how other people view what we write. Though, I must say, it seems a little strange to have such a coincidence of us going through similar things at the same time. I haven't been having any more anger than usual, though instead I've been stressed and depressed. Depressed about things that I can't change, too, which stinks. I'm sad that I don't have any siblings. I'm sad that I don't have a dog that loves me (no, my dog insists on kissing up to my dad, even though I love my dog the most and spend the most time with him). I'm sad that even after more than a year of really trying hard to make friends, I haven't been able to find one that I know will actually be there by my side, that I can just call up and ask them to meet me at a park, then we'll just stroll around and talk. I don't have any of these things, and this won't change. It's not something I can help. And it's made me sad. And I can't change this.

Thus, my absence from the message boards. I've been so focused on what I don't have and what I need to change about myself that I've pushed off this roleplay, the message boards, and my writing all together. Which only starts the cycle of depression over again, as it gives me more time to mope about what I don't have and feel I need. So it's surprising and a little calming to me to know that I'm not the only person who goes through things like this. Emma, you're not alone. I know the feeling. Even if you don't want to tell me things about yourself, that's fine with me, you don't need to. I'm here for you. I can tell you some things that distracts me from my depression and stress if you want me to, though for now, I'd just like you to know that you and I are going through the same things, and that you've got a friend if you need one.
I've been writing replies to this all day. "Would they care?" I asked myself, "Would I look selfish?" Overall, I decided to reply simply and just hope I'm understood as it is.

So, all I can say is that I'm as well facing something very similar and feel the same pains as you both do. I'm here for the both of you as a friend and will always be. Writing my fan-fiction (fan-fiction especially) has become very difficult, but I'm pushing through with every last drop of effort and coffee that I've got. You are both such strong people, and we'll all together conquer these trials.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
CdeWinter on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
"What? Who am I?" Mackenzie repeated, trying her best to look offended by the question, and possibly succeeding.

"Why I am Mackenzie Stormhammer!", she replied, taking a step back and placing one hand on her chest,
"Transcedent Pyromancer, Order of the Fang, Slayer of the Jade Oni, Hero of Wizard City, Krokotopia, Grizzleheim, Marleybone, Mooshu, and Dragonspyre, Knight of Avalon, A+ Student, Master of Fire, and the Grandmaster of Gardening! Retired, now though. Too many people taking my help for granted." Mackenzie finished, her smile rapidly replacing the proud and haughty look she had worn while reciting her titles.

The room fell silent for a bit as Mackenzie took in the clothes and weapons of the young people. Hmm, only one wand in sight, too little magic and too many swords she thought, and that one is soaking wet, at least that I can help with.

Mackenzie quickly stepped up to Warrick and grabbed his wrist in a firm yet gentle hold. As Warrick reacted to the sudden movement, he noticed Mackenzie's green eyes had changed.They appeared to be filled with a glowing flickering green light as if her eyes contained small flames. He then noticed a strange warming sensation spreading from Mackenzie's hand and travelling throughout his body. Soon small wisps of steam were rising from Warrick's clothing, leaving him completely dry and feeling warmer then when he had first entered Nidavellir.

"So what adventure are you young pirates on, and may I join?" Mackenzie asked as she released her hold on Warrick's wrist.

[OOC: Emma, I'm sorry to hear that you are going through a rough time, and I really hope you are talking about it to your family because it sounds like you could really use their help and company right now. I also agree completely with Lizzy, if you feel you need a break from the message boards and from the roleplays, don't worry we will all patiently await your return.

Destiny; I know I cannont get Warrick's reactions as nearly as accurate as you can, so if you feel the need to expand the interaction between Mackenzie and Warrick in my post, please do so.]
(You did it quite well, actually. On that note, I haven't written Warwick in a while, so he might be a little different. I'll try my best.)

Warwick cleared his throat. The magic Mackenzie used, despite its helpfulness, sent a feeling through him that he found slightly scary. He couldn't combat it at all.

"I'm far from pirate," Warwick snapped, folding his arms, "Captain Warwick Orleans of Marleybone -" Groans echoed throughout the room, "-Soldier with honors, Privateer, Peacemaker of Monquista, Marleybone, Cool Ranch, and the temples of Skull Island, defeater of Scylla, three Minotaurs, the Hydra, and top copper in the Marleybonian underground." He paused, grinning, "But surely you've heard." Mackenzie didn't look pleased, but Warwick wore a clever grin.

"We were to meet Connor," he explained, "As he is carrying some sort of message for Lizzy, Alex, and I..." Warwick looked off towards Connor, masking a scowl. He didn't like the nature of this at all; Firstly, dragging him through the trials of the wolves and Oblivion; then forcing him to keep his head on straight in the presence of a magic user beyond his control. He shook his wrist, revealing the sour face.

Hey, at least I'm dry.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
CdeWinter on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:

Lizzy, who was standing next to Warwick, flinched from Mackenzie's sudden movement and clutched the hilt of her rapier uncertainly. She watched what Mackenzie did with wide eyes, drinking in all of the new information with interest. Lizzy saw the steam rise from Warwick's clothing, awestruck. She had some magic herself, but none like this. She shook her head and shook away her interest, replacing curiosity with uncertainty once more.

"So what adventure are you young pirates on, and may I join?" Mackenzie asked, and as she released her hold on Warwick, Lizzy released her hold on her rapier, though she was still on guard and prepared to take out her weapon if required. Pirates. Lizzy repeated the word in her head. A deeper memory of her old life with her family flickered in her mind, though for now she only wondered how Mackenzie could so easily tell that they weren't wizards.

She cast a glance to her group of friends. There was Alex, who bore the most resemblance to a wizard (OOC: Prolly wrote that wrong, sorry!), though she had no wand, and she didn't have the same level of spotless clean that Lizzy had seen wizards have. There was Connor, who wore the classic armor of a buccaneer, though as Lizzy looked to Mackenzie, she saw that the wizard was wearing armor as well. Then again, Connor had a spear, and he didn't seem like the kind of person to hide behind spells but rather someone who was willing to dive headlong into battle. Lizzy turned her gaze to Warwick, who was wearing hand-made armor and had hardly a trace of magic about him, none that he created, by what Lizzy could see. Then she glanced down to herself. She was wearing light armor, comfortably warm clothing that felt natural on her skin, though there was some metal armor as well. She had seen wizards in Wintertusk wear similar clothing, and Lizzy still had her wand. But, Mackenzie still knew that she was a pirate. And pirates were always the bad guys in stories. Most of the wizards that she had met hated pirates, thus Mackenzie so easily knowing who they really were scared her.

Lizzy pressed closer to her friends.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
Lizzy, who was standing next to Warwick, flinched from Mackenzie's sudden movement and clutched the hilt of her rapier uncertainly. She watched what Mackenzie did with wide eyes, drinking in all of the new information with interest. Lizzy saw the steam rise from Warwick's clothing, awestruck. She had some magic herself, but none like this. She shook her head and shook away her interest, replacing curiosity with uncertainty once more.

"So what adventure are you young pirates on, and may I join?" Mackenzie asked, and as she released her hold on Warwick, Lizzy released her hold on her rapier, though she was still on guard and prepared to take out her weapon if required. Pirates. Lizzy repeated the word in her head. A deeper memory of her old life with her family flickered in her mind, though for now she only wondered how Mackenzie could so easily tell that they weren't wizards.

She cast a glance to her group of friends. There was Alex, who bore the most resemblance to a wizard (OOC: Prolly wrote that wrong, sorry!), though she had no wand, and she didn't have the same level of spotless clean that Lizzy had seen wizards have. There was Connor, who wore the classic armor of a buccaneer, though as Lizzy looked to Mackenzie, she saw that the wizard was wearing armor as well. Then again, Connor had a spear, and he didn't seem like the kind of person to hide behind spells but rather someone who was willing to dive headlong into battle. Lizzy turned her gaze to Warwick, who was wearing hand-made armor and had hardly a trace of magic about him, none that he created, by what Lizzy could see. Then she glanced down to herself. She was wearing light armor, comfortably warm clothing that felt natural on her skin, though there was some metal armor as well. She had seen wizards in Wintertusk wear similar clothing, and Lizzy still had her wand. But, Mackenzie still knew that she was a pirate. And pirates were always the bad guys in stories. Most of the wizards that she had met hated pirates, thus Mackenzie so easily knowing who they really were scared her.

Lizzy pressed closer to her friends.
Alex had remained silent and stationary the entire way, not betraying her solemnity with even a kind, small smile toward Mackenzie in pleasure to have met her. Alex just stood there, arms crossed and a somewhat angry, somewhat cheeky countenance worn on her face, one that read 'I don't care.' Alex was resentful and she wanted the world to interpret that. Besides, a lot of this whole mess was her fault. At least, that's the way the brunette saw it. She refused to communicate with Lizzy or Warwick- heh, let 'em talk. She didn't know Connor or Mackenzie enough to endure a conversation. And whenever she'd glance over at one of the former two mentioned, the only thing she'd see was red. So she didn't really look at anything except the wall.

"How am I supposed to know? I'm just a tag-along who's led us all into about seven detours now." Alexandra sighed as Mackenzie offered to accompany them. "Come along if you want... You're certainly more valuable than I am to this group." She sighed, still doing her best to not flip out or reveal any feelings she concealed. But Alex, who was a fairly mentally weak and emotional person, was struggling to maintain the facade she put up in front of her. Her shield was failing to block.

(OOC: You guys are gonna kill me for this... )

"No one's going anywhere until I hear an explanation!" A voice, with Avalonian undertones demanded. The head of a battleaxe with a platinum luster twirled overhead of them, returning like a boomerang on a chain to a knightly figure standing in an uncomfortable looking battle position. One leg, covered mostly by black thigh high socks and metal armored plates crossed over the other, identically dressed, somewhat covered by two short skirt layers of navy blue and pale sky blue. Cimmerian ribbons tying together the plates of metal, the figure's dirty blonde tresses with a somewhat golden sheen into a ponytail, and the navy corset she wore beneath white fabric for a top waved in the wind like spineless figurines, and armored gauntlets encrusted with gold and jewels held the battleaxe. The person's left arm had a circular shield with a battleaxe resting high on it, and dismal blue eyes glared at them emotionlessly.

Alex recognized the person in front of them- or so she thought. "E-Emma...?" She catechized gently, blinking twice.

"My name is Emma, but I'm not the one you know so well back in your pirate haven. I'm Emma Stormshade, princess and soon-to be queen of Avalon, as well as it's self appointed protector." Emma stated as monotonously as her countenance revealed. "And I'd like to know you pirates' purpose in this territory."

(Bracing self for attack on the several characters I've put into this Roleplay...)

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
"Well, my most sincere pardons, Captain Warrick" Mackenzie replied with a curtsy, and another devilsh grin, "I had no idea you're with the Royal Marleybonean Navy, given your - current attire."

"And you, little one, have little to fear from me," Mackenzie continued, addressing Lizzy, "I have no argument against pirates. In fact, you're the first living pirates I've yet met. I've seen a fair share of skeleton, zombie, and even drowned zombie pirates, but never live pirates. And since leaving Ravenwood, I prefer to judge people based on actions, not stories and hearsay."

Small bouts of steam rose up as Mackenzie sat down on a block of fallen ice. She stopped talking and frowned as she brought back memories of her past exploits. Mackenzie had had a bit of a falling out with Ravenwood and the other wizards. Usually, when asked, she replied it was because of being tired of her help being taken for granted. But really, it was because she had come to disagree with the wizards idea of 'anything for the greater good'.

"Anyway," Mackenzie said as she shook her head slowly, "I know you're pirates, because I know you have little to no real magic. Yet you're all armed, consider yourselves equals, don't belong to a common organised army or navy, and require a rarely visited location for a clandestine meeting. Ergo, I guess pirates!"

"And, by the way." Mackenzie continued, now looking directly at Lizzie, her eyes flashing fire again.
"You're sword is made of tempered steel right? Melts at about 1500 degrees celcius? That is nothing but a fine summer's breeze compared to what I can do, and I only need think."

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
Alex had remained silent and stationary the entire way, not betraying her solemnity with even a kind, small smile toward Mackenzie in pleasure to have met her. Alex just stood there, arms crossed and a somewhat angry, somewhat cheeky countenance worn on her face, one that read 'I don't care.' Alex was resentful and she wanted the world to interpret that. Besides, a lot of this whole mess was her fault. At least, that's the way the brunette saw it. She refused to communicate with Lizzy or Warwick- heh, let 'em talk. She didn't know Connor or Mackenzie enough to endure a conversation. And whenever she'd glance over at one of the former two mentioned, the only thing she'd see was red. So she didn't really look at anything except the wall.

"How am I supposed to know? I'm just a tag-along who's led us all into about seven detours now." Alexandra sighed as Mackenzie offered to accompany them. "Come along if you want... You're certainly more valuable than I am to this group." She sighed, still doing her best to not flip out or reveal any feelings she concealed. But Alex, who was a fairly mentally weak and emotional person, was struggling to maintain the facade she put up in front of her. Her shield was failing to block.

(OOC: You guys are gonna kill me for this... )

"No one's going anywhere until I hear an explanation!" A voice, with Avalonian undertones demanded. The head of a battleaxe with a platinum luster twirled overhead of them, returning like a boomerang on a chain to a knightly figure standing in an uncomfortable looking battle position. One leg, covered mostly by black thigh high socks and metal armored plates crossed over the other, identically dressed, somewhat covered by two short skirt layers of navy blue and pale sky blue. Cimmerian ribbons tying together the plates of metal, the figure's dirty blonde tresses with a somewhat golden sheen into a ponytail, and the navy corset she wore beneath white fabric for a top waved in the wind like spineless figurines, and armored gauntlets encrusted with gold and jewels held the battleaxe. The person's left arm had a circular shield with a battleaxe resting high on it, and dismal blue eyes glared at them emotionlessly.

Alex recognized the person in front of them- or so she thought. "E-Emma...?" She catechized gently, blinking twice.

"My name is Emma, but I'm not the one you know so well back in your pirate haven. I'm Emma Stormshade, princess and soon-to be queen of Avalon, as well as it's self appointed protector." Emma stated as monotonously as her countenance revealed. "And I'd like to know you pirates' purpose in this territory."

(Bracing self for attack on the several characters I've put into this Roleplay...)
[OOC: Interesting, Emma, I don't see any direct attack from Mackenzie towards Emma Stormshade, I have announced Mackenzie as a Knight of Avalon, and she should therefore be a loyal subject to Emma Stormshade. This could be an interesting plot twist. Unfortunatly, I just posted a reply to Lizzie's last post seconds before I saw yours. I really hope my post doesn't mess up and flow or ideas you were having.]

At the sound of Emma's voice Mackenzie looked up from her seat on the ice block, I recognise that voice, although I've only heard it from afar. she thought quickly. Mackenzie quickly recognized the newcomer as Emma Stormshade, Princess of Avalon,

"Your Highness," Mackenzie said clearly as she knelt down on one knee in front of Emma, "I am Mackenzie Stormhammer, knight errant of Avalon. I have yet to have the pleasure of meeting your Grace, but you may be assured that I am still loyal to the Throne of Avalon, retired though I may be."

Well, this should make things much more interesting now,Mackenzie thought, as she remained kneeling, waiting for Emma to acknowledge her.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
CdeWinter on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
[OOC: Interesting, Emma, I don't see any direct attack from Mackenzie towards Emma Stormshade, I have announced Mackenzie as a Knight of Avalon, and she should therefore be a loyal subject to Emma Stormshade. This could be an interesting plot twist. Unfortunatly, I just posted a reply to Lizzie's last post seconds before I saw yours. I really hope my post doesn't mess up and flow or ideas you were having.]

At the sound of Emma's voice Mackenzie looked up from her seat on the ice block, I recognise that voice, although I've only heard it from afar. she thought quickly. Mackenzie quickly recognized the newcomer as Emma Stormshade, Princess of Avalon,

"Your Highness," Mackenzie said clearly as she knelt down on one knee in front of Emma, "I am Mackenzie Stormhammer, knight errant of Avalon. I have yet to have the pleasure of meeting your Grace, but you may be assured that I am still loyal to the Throne of Avalon, retired though I may be."

Well, this should make things much more interesting now,Mackenzie thought, as she remained kneeling, waiting for Emma to acknowledge her.
(Stormshade, as I called her sometimes, was literally my first ever designed character in General. She's the most well developed, as I've worked out her fears, weaknesses, strengths, embarrassments, past, etc. XD I'm sure she'll recognize Mackenzie, but don't expect a smile or even any kind of emotion. She's a very.... Concealing character.)

Emma's defensive stance faded as she stood normally in a few moments. The blade of her battleaxe reattached itself to the platinum pole by a chain reeling into it. She glanced over at Mackenzie, and bowed respectfully, holding one of the corners of her skirts. She readjusted her posture and nodded before speaking once more.

"My apologies, Mackenzie Stormhammer," she began. "For both the sudden appearance and near attack toward you and your companions. I mistook you as one of these pirates." She was very good at hiding her emotions, obviously, by the still monotonous air she kept. "I've been... Busy, and while why is of my purpose and not of yours, I've been having trouble discerning the types of the human folk of the Spiral." Despite her neutrality to her voice and appearance, her apology sounded quite sincere. "If none of you... Mind... I'd like some introductions. Once again, it is of my greatest apology for the hostile greeting."

Alex seemed reluctant as she glanced into Emma's eyes. Normally, Alex could conclude many things about anyone by their eyes. But Emma's were narrowed slightly, and it was hard to discern whether it was in a manner of aggression or just another thing. She blinked to stay on track and straightening, curtsying a bit to the blonde.

"I'm Alexandra. Alexandra Fairlead. I'd appreciate Alex, though," she stated shyly.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
(Stormshade, as I called her sometimes, was literally my first ever designed character in General. She's the most well developed, as I've worked out her fears, weaknesses, strengths, embarrassments, past, etc. XD I'm sure she'll recognize Mackenzie, but don't expect a smile or even any kind of emotion. She's a very.... Concealing character.)

Emma's defensive stance faded as she stood normally in a few moments. The blade of her battleaxe reattached itself to the platinum pole by a chain reeling into it. She glanced over at Mackenzie, and bowed respectfully, holding one of the corners of her skirts. She readjusted her posture and nodded before speaking once more.

"My apologies, Mackenzie Stormhammer," she began. "For both the sudden appearance and near attack toward you and your companions. I mistook you as one of these pirates." She was very good at hiding her emotions, obviously, by the still monotonous air she kept. "I've been... Busy, and while why is of my purpose and not of yours, I've been having trouble discerning the types of the human folk of the Spiral." Despite her neutrality to her voice and appearance, her apology sounded quite sincere. "If none of you... Mind... I'd like some introductions. Once again, it is of my greatest apology for the hostile greeting."

Alex seemed reluctant as she glanced into Emma's eyes. Normally, Alex could conclude many things about anyone by their eyes. But Emma's were narrowed slightly, and it was hard to discern whether it was in a manner of aggression or just another thing. She blinked to stay on track and straightening, curtsying a bit to the blonde.

"I'm Alexandra. Alexandra Fairlead. I'd appreciate Alex, though," she stated shyly.
"My attire!?" Warwick snapped, his fists curling, "My armor was hand-forged by the finest Aquilan eagles, physically stronger than anything wizard-crafted!" He sputtered this without knowing how wrong he was. "If it weren't for my drake-plate armor, had I been wearing a general's measly garb, I would have died in a night!" Warwick's face was reddened over completely and his teeth grit together when he wasn't speaking.

The whoosh of a blade turned the red to pale white.

Warwick fell back - untouched - somersaulting into a kneel with his Tiger Claws covering his face. Who do you think you...Upon Emma's introduction, Warwick straightened himself immediately, shaking off his sudden strain of fear. He approached Emma and bowed shakily.

"Respects and regards from Her Majesty, the Queen of Marleybone," he stammered, "I am Captain Warwick Orleans of the Marleybonian Navy...retired, that is." Warwick stepped back. He wasn't quite sure of Avalon's respects towards Marleybone, but he had done what he had the power to do, as it were.

All this magic, Warwick thought to himself, I can't stand it. He shot a look to Lizzy, one pained and uncomfortable.

(Now is a good time for everyone to insist coming along. :P)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
"My attire!?" Warwick snapped, his fists curling, "My armor was hand-forged by the finest Aquilan eagles, physically stronger than anything wizard-crafted!" He sputtered this without knowing how wrong he was. "If it weren't for my drake-plate armor, had I been wearing a general's measly garb, I would have died in a night!" Warwick's face was reddened over completely and his teeth grit together when he wasn't speaking.

The whoosh of a blade turned the red to pale white.

Warwick fell back - untouched - somersaulting into a kneel with his Tiger Claws covering his face. Who do you think you...Upon Emma's introduction, Warwick straightened himself immediately, shaking off his sudden strain of fear. He approached Emma and bowed shakily.

"Respects and regards from Her Majesty, the Queen of Marleybone," he stammered, "I am Captain Warwick Orleans of the Marleybonian Navy...retired, that is." Warwick stepped back. He wasn't quite sure of Avalon's respects towards Marleybone, but he had done what he had the power to do, as it were.

All this magic, Warwick thought to himself, I can't stand it. He shot a look to Lizzy, one pained and uncomfortable.

(Now is a good time for everyone to insist coming along. :P)
Elizabeth's eyes grew wider still as Mackenzie further spoke, at first saying that she had little to fear from the pyromancer but then moving on to describe how she knew that Lizzy's band of friends were pirates. So, now wizards can read minds. Fantastic. Then, the pyromancer went on and spoke about how she could so easily melt Lizzy's rapier, and she began to shake from fear, so much so that her knees nearly buckled. This means that Elizabeth would be powerless against the wizard's magic, and she would be incapable of defending her friends if there was a need to do so. If she had so little to fear from the wizard, then why did she threaten to force Lizzy to be weaponless? Mackenzie would be doing more than rendering the swashbuckler powerless against her wizarding ways – by taking away Lizzy's sword, the wizard would be taking away her chances of survival. Did this wizard know that she was low on gold and high on owed favors? Did this wizard know that her greatest enemy has invaded her home and devastated land that she loved so much? Did this wizard know that Lizzy felt a powerful need to protect her friends, her family, and her home? Did this wizard know that by melting her sword, she would be destroying all that Elizabeth cared about in the process?

So this is why Warwick didn't seem like wizards. Now she gets it.

Lizzy allowed herself to collapse when the battleaxe soared overhead, scaring the swashbuckler even further. She shivered pathetically as she picked herself back up, only capable of gawking at this new wizard that seemed to feel so high and mighty as to imply that she and her friends were nothing more than mere scum.

And yet, she was only more surprised to find Warwick, Alex, and Mackenzie bow towards this strange new person. Lizzy stared at the three of them, awestruck. She turned her gaze to the new wizard, the one who had thrown the battleaxe so carelessly before she even knew who they really were, or what their objective was. When Warwick stood by her side once again, they looked each other in the eye for a moment, his expression pained and uncomfortable while hers was terrified and insecure.

“I need some air.” She said abruptly. Without another word, she marched out of Nidavellir and threw open the doors, embracing the chilly air with a calmed look. Lizzy plopped herself down at the cliff by the waterfall, legs dangling, leaning against the dark rock to her left, touching her rapier for reassurance. Lizzy calmed herself down and slowed her breathing, feeling the effects of staying up most of the night drain at her awareness. She gave a sigh and stared at the stars in the open sky, singing quietly to herself.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
Elizabeth's eyes grew wider still as Mackenzie further spoke, at first saying that she had little to fear from the pyromancer but then moving on to describe how she knew that Lizzy's band of friends were pirates. So, now wizards can read minds. Fantastic. Then, the pyromancer went on and spoke about how she could so easily melt Lizzy's rapier, and she began to shake from fear, so much so that her knees nearly buckled. This means that Elizabeth would be powerless against the wizard's magic, and she would be incapable of defending her friends if there was a need to do so. If she had so little to fear from the wizard, then why did she threaten to force Lizzy to be weaponless? Mackenzie would be doing more than rendering the swashbuckler powerless against her wizarding ways – by taking away Lizzy's sword, the wizard would be taking away her chances of survival. Did this wizard know that she was low on gold and high on owed favors? Did this wizard know that her greatest enemy has invaded her home and devastated land that she loved so much? Did this wizard know that Lizzy felt a powerful need to protect her friends, her family, and her home? Did this wizard know that by melting her sword, she would be destroying all that Elizabeth cared about in the process?

Lizzy allowed herself to collapse when the battleaxe soared overhead, scaring the swashbuckler even further. She shivered pathetically as she picked herself back up, only capable of gawking at this new wizard that seemed to feel so high and mighty as to imply that she and her friends were nothing more than mere scum.

And yet, she was only more surprised to find Warwick, Alex, and Mackenzie bow towards this strange new person. Lizzy stared at the three of them, awestruck. She turned her gaze to the new wizard, the one who had thrown the battleaxe so carelessly before she even knew who they really were, or what their objective was. When Warwick stood by her side once again, they looked each other in the eye for a moment, his expression pained and uncomfortable while hers was terrified and insecure.

“I need some air.” She said abruptly. Without another word, she marched out of Nidavellir and threw open the doors, embracing the chilly air with a calmed look. Lizzy plopped herself down at the cliff by the waterfall, legs dangling, leaning against the dark rock to her left, touching her rapier for reassurance. Lizzy calmed herself down and slowed her breathing, feeling the effects of staying up most of the night drain at her awareness. She gave a sigh and stared at the stars in the open sky, singing quietly to herself.
Alex continued to study Emma's eyes, scouring for any sign of emotion. Of course, Alex could easily interpret anything off the littlest things. The dismal emptiness in Emma's eyes obviously meant she was not one to help others, and her countenance was so devoid of any positivity that it was sad, in a way. The lack of care for others was obvious. Alex decided Emma and just about everyone else thought that the sorceress was good at concealing her emotions, but no, she wasn't. There was pain reflected in those empty blue orbs. Alex frowned slightly. She wanted to know more about the mysterious blonde girl and her unusual eyes, and that shield... What was with the shield? It had runes in an alphabet Alex somehow comprehended, and when coalesced to form a word spelled 'CHRONO.' The word was connected with time, right?

The alchemist was so painstakingly confused. Lizzy and Warwick both seemed far from pleased at the presence of the two wizards, Warwick aggravated and Lizzy seeming a little insecure of them. Alex never mentioned it, nor implied it, but she was great at analyzing people's emotions. The complexity came easily read to her for some reason. But it was ironic that she could read people like a book through their eyes, but she herself was a lie. A cold, desperate lie to conceal fear of the past. Alex sighed and seated herself against one of the slightly elevated platforms, occupying her attention by looking over some Wintertuskian and Grizzleheim originated plants and herbs for alchemy in her book.

She peered upward for a moment as Lizzy left. Poor girl... Alex felt a pang of sympathy for the swashbuckler, but she had no idea what she could possibly say. Alex wanted to say something, but never felt she could. The alchemist reached into one of her pouches containing her alchemy ingredients and grabbed a pair of glasses with no rimming but were rectangular. She put them on and continued perusing her instructive novel on alchemy. She concluded Warwick was likely to go ahead and go after Lizzy anyway. Alex didn't matter to the Swashbuckler anymore, so why not let her precious Warwick go after her instead? Alex sighed again, but angrily this time.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:

[OOC: Well, with how Warrick reacts to everything, Mackenzie is going to continue having a lot of fun teasing him.
Secondly, great post Lizzy, it gives me a chance to delve further into Mackenzie's personality.
Finally, I hope that the following interchange between Mackenzie and Lizzie can be private, but if because of moderation, some other character is there at the same time, I suppose it could work.]

Mackenzie was just straightening when she heard Lizzy declare her need for fresh air and stormed out of Nidevallir.
A little bit rude when royalty is present, but I think she's only upset and probably upset with me. Mackenzie thought as Lizzie left.

"My pardons, Your Grace, but I must take my leave for the moment," Mackenzie said as she backed away from the group, "And excuse me oh Captain of the invincible armour" she smirked at Warrick as she passed by him "I need some room to stretch my wings".

Still smirking, Mackenzie's eyes briefly flashed fire again as a large pair of black and purple butterfly shaped wings sprouted from her back. With almost no visible effort, Mackenzie lifted up into the air, her wings fluttering madly away. After a quick somersault near the ceiling (just for effect) Mackenzie soared out of the main doors to Nidevellir.

Mackenzie's wings folded away and disappeared as she sat down next to Lizzy.
"I'm honestly very sorry if I alarmed you in anyway young, ah, theurgist." Mackenzi began, "I feel I need to explain a little bit so that you understand me better. I am a fire wizard, more specifically, I am a transcended pyromancer. Not the most powerful level of wizardy, but still pretty powerful. It also means that I possess a portion of the Fire Titan within my mind or soul." Mackenzie paused as her eyes flashed again, even though no spell was cast.

"With that amount of power within me, I sometimes have trouble controlling all of its effects. I don't mean uncontrolled magic leaping from my fingers, but more like trouble controlling thoughts and emotions. Sometimes I say things aloud when I should have only thought them." Again Mackenzie paused, sorting out her thoughts and apparently rummaging about in her pockets.

"Basically, you were kind of unnerving me with how you kept reaching for your sword, and my warning was a result of that, I'm sorry." Mackenzie stood up and held out her hand to Lizzy.

"Here, since you do have some magic, I'd like to give you this. It's a ring given to apprentice wizards to help them focus and control their growing magic. It should make your healing and other magical abilities stronger while you wear it. And no favours required." Mackenzie concluded with a grin.

Captain
May 16, 2011
OOC: Ugh, I'm sooo behind. I've been a bit busy, and also too rapped up in some other games to go on Pirate101 much. Oh well. As for the the stuff about Sean, i'll be scrapping that for now. I'm gonna introduce something new.
~
Connor, who was by then a little bit over confused, got more confused(if that was possible) when he saw Hank, the half-insane Witchdoctor appear out of thin air, quite literally.

"I-I-Ice Angels...." Hank managed to gasp. Then, he quickly passed out. Mere seconds later, two more people: a girl and a boy, also appeared. The girl had long blue hair, the boy: spiky black. They both wore similar gear, damaged light armor, tainted red for the boy, and wavy light blue for the girl, as if they had recently been in a dangerous fight.

"That..." The girl said. "Was crazy. Running from super fast angels while trying to not blink really takes it out of you."

Then the boy spoke up, noticing Connor. "Hey. You there. What year is this?"

At that, Hank popped back up, and almost said the year when......BAM! Hank winced. He yelled, "I'm not gonna let you get that last knock!" At the same time as that door-blasting. He quickly pulled up his spell gun, and shot a thunder dart, a miniscule pill-shaped object then sent a thunder sounding sonic boom out when it made contact with something. Sure enough, it did just that, and then fortunately the door knockers heard it and stopped knocking. Unfortunately, it got stuck in the crack and everyone heard the boom.

"All right then!" Hank yelled over the boom. "Let's get out of here!"

Ice Angels, he thought. Quantum locked angels in ice instead of stone. Just great....

OOC: Yep, I just did that.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
CdeWinter on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
[OOC: Well, with how Warrick reacts to everything, Mackenzie is going to continue having a lot of fun teasing him.
Secondly, great post Lizzy, it gives me a chance to delve further into Mackenzie's personality.
Finally, I hope that the following interchange between Mackenzie and Lizzie can be private, but if because of moderation, some other character is there at the same time, I suppose it could work.]

Mackenzie was just straightening when she heard Lizzy declare her need for fresh air and stormed out of Nidevallir.
A little bit rude when royalty is present, but I think she's only upset and probably upset with me. Mackenzie thought as Lizzie left.

"My pardons, Your Grace, but I must take my leave for the moment," Mackenzie said as she backed away from the group, "And excuse me oh Captain of the invincible armour" she smirked at Warrick as she passed by him "I need some room to stretch my wings".

Still smirking, Mackenzie's eyes briefly flashed fire again as a large pair of black and purple butterfly shaped wings sprouted from her back. With almost no visible effort, Mackenzie lifted up into the air, her wings fluttering madly away. After a quick somersault near the ceiling (just for effect) Mackenzie soared out of the main doors to Nidevellir.

Mackenzie's wings folded away and disappeared as she sat down next to Lizzy.
"I'm honestly very sorry if I alarmed you in anyway young, ah, theurgist." Mackenzi began, "I feel I need to explain a little bit so that you understand me better. I am a fire wizard, more specifically, I am a transcended pyromancer. Not the most powerful level of wizardy, but still pretty powerful. It also means that I possess a portion of the Fire Titan within my mind or soul." Mackenzie paused as her eyes flashed again, even though no spell was cast.

"With that amount of power within me, I sometimes have trouble controlling all of its effects. I don't mean uncontrolled magic leaping from my fingers, but more like trouble controlling thoughts and emotions. Sometimes I say things aloud when I should have only thought them." Again Mackenzie paused, sorting out her thoughts and apparently rummaging about in her pockets.

"Basically, you were kind of unnerving me with how you kept reaching for your sword, and my warning was a result of that, I'm sorry." Mackenzie stood up and held out her hand to Lizzy.

"Here, since you do have some magic, I'd like to give you this. It's a ring given to apprentice wizards to help them focus and control their growing magic. It should make your healing and other magical abilities stronger while you wear it. And no favours required." Mackenzie concluded with a grin.
(OOC: Warwick's going to have a pretty good time nearly getting into a fight with Mackenzie! :P)

Once Mackenzie went after Lizzy, Warwick decided not to follow. Best not end up in the open with a wizard so powerful. He shrugged his shoulders down and returned to the smaller group. He shied away from Emma, scared to see what lurked within the mind of such an influential figure...or what in the Spiral she was doing in Grizzleheim...

Warwick instead took the risk of trying to look over at what Alex was doing. He recognized the language the book was in - just slightly - and could make partial meaning out of the title. He didn't understand alchemy in the slightest. As a survivalist at heart, Warwick understood which plants were probably only slightly hazardous and which ones were worse, but nothing close to the water-into-Yum logic that alchemists could put together. Alex's cool and collected self set her apart from wizards, he concluded. Growing warm under it within Nidavellir, Warwick removed his helmet. Over the past adventures, his hair had grown considerably, resting further down his neck.

"The Armada -" he started, pausing to explain, "-clockwork adversaries of ours - have taken major parts of Grizzleheim. They have major excavation bases set up to the west and may venture towards the east. Wolf and bear camps. No word on Ravenscar, though I'd think that the ravens may have blown the coop." Warwick imagined an overview of Grizzleheim, some parts blurry from less explanation back in Marleybone. "We should be safest here until all surrounding territories have been taken; that would result in a siege of Northguard. This door seems pretty hefty, so Nidavellir may turn into a fort of some kind. No easy way out, though."

The ethereal light now shone on Warwick's shoulders as he thought. Not an idea came to his mind regarding the respect towards Nidavellir, nor the thought that the clockworks could have been overthrown. One could say that it was all war with him. (OOC: *cough*)

"It would be best to find an alternate exit, and then start fortifying this place," he decided, "Your Highness, I'm sure you and Mackenzie could tackle that portion while -" Warwick was immediately cut off.

(OOC: Preferably someone speaks against what Warwick was theorizing?)

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
DS Devereaux on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
(OOC: Warwick's going to have a pretty good time nearly getting into a fight with Mackenzie! :P)

Once Mackenzie went after Lizzy, Warwick decided not to follow. Best not end up in the open with a wizard so powerful. He shrugged his shoulders down and returned to the smaller group. He shied away from Emma, scared to see what lurked within the mind of such an influential figure...or what in the Spiral she was doing in Grizzleheim...

Warwick instead took the risk of trying to look over at what Alex was doing. He recognized the language the book was in - just slightly - and could make partial meaning out of the title. He didn't understand alchemy in the slightest. As a survivalist at heart, Warwick understood which plants were probably only slightly hazardous and which ones were worse, but nothing close to the water-into-Yum logic that alchemists could put together. Alex's cool and collected self set her apart from wizards, he concluded. Growing warm under it within Nidavellir, Warwick removed his helmet. Over the past adventures, his hair had grown considerably, resting further down his neck.

"The Armada -" he started, pausing to explain, "-clockwork adversaries of ours - have taken major parts of Grizzleheim. They have major excavation bases set up to the west and may venture towards the east. Wolf and bear camps. No word on Ravenscar, though I'd think that the ravens may have blown the coop." Warwick imagined an overview of Grizzleheim, some parts blurry from less explanation back in Marleybone. "We should be safest here until all surrounding territories have been taken; that would result in a siege of Northguard. This door seems pretty hefty, so Nidavellir may turn into a fort of some kind. No easy way out, though."

The ethereal light now shone on Warwick's shoulders as he thought. Not an idea came to his mind regarding the respect towards Nidavellir, nor the thought that the clockworks could have been overthrown. One could say that it was all war with him. (OOC: *cough*)

"It would be best to find an alternate exit, and then start fortifying this place," he decided, "Your Highness, I'm sure you and Mackenzie could tackle that portion while -" Warwick was immediately cut off.

OOC: If Mackenzie was still there she would defenitly disagree with Warwick. She would be all for charging into the heart of the Armada controlled territory, burning ruin following in her wake. She may be retired, but Grizzleheim is her chosen home.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
DS Devereaux on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:

Before Warwick piped up, Emma had seated herself as well, and detached her shield from its metal band that connected with it by magic force. The sorceress reached upward and grabbed one of the strands of ribbon that hung down out of the simple bow it was tied in around her ponytail, and pulled it, unraveling the tie and allowing her hair to flow downward to her shoulders, maybe a bit longer. She pulled something out of the creases of the ribbon- a blue gem, similar to the scarlet one Alex had seen the pirate Emma wearing as a choker... But she didn't realize until now. Alex had been watching the sorceress with a close eye. She suspected something about that unnaturally calm exterior.

But it all crashed down on Alex a moment later. The alchemist realized what was the deal beyond those regardless eyes, the Chronic engravements, and the blue gem with such close resemblance to the red one Emma Everhart possessed. It all made sense with this conclusion- if her hypothetical thought was correct, that is. The alchemist didn't think and began walking up to Emma, tossing her glasses to the ground and putting on a determined face.

"You're not from this time, are you?" Alex hissed lowly, as she seated herself next to Emma. No one was likely to hear. She hoped.

And Alex watched again as those blue orbs widened, panicking, searching for a lie. "Wh-what are you talking about?" Emma almost sounded like she was nervously laughing. "Time? Huh? Time travel? What do you mean? I didn't know time travel was possible..." Emma was playing with her black ribbon.

"Don't play dumb, princess. The runes on your shield spell Chrono. And your eyes have no selflessness left in them. You put on a facade because you're scared," Alex stated. "You're scared of losing."

You could see the alarm building in Emma's expression. "Losing? Losing what?" She challenged. "And I don't speak any languages, so how could I know what the runes spell?"

"You don't have to speak languages fluently to be able to read runes." Alex calmly answered. "And I'm curious about this tribulation you seem to be facing. You're panicked, I can read it in your eyes. Why would you attempt to travel through ti-"

The world went monochromatic, and Alex paused. Emma glanced around, panicked, and looked to her hand- resting on her shield.

"I'm doomed," she moaned. "I can't reset! Not again! Not after the success I've had!" She slammed her fist into the ground angrily. "Ngh!" Time went to normal.

And as it did, Warwick had began speaking of a theory. Emma grimaced. Alex looked at the blonde expectantly, waiting for an answer.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
Before Warwick piped up, Emma had seated herself as well, and detached her shield from its metal band that connected with it by magic force. The sorceress reached upward and grabbed one of the strands of ribbon that hung down out of the simple bow it was tied in around her ponytail, and pulled it, unraveling the tie and allowing her hair to flow downward to her shoulders, maybe a bit longer. She pulled something out of the creases of the ribbon- a blue gem, similar to the scarlet one Alex had seen the pirate Emma wearing as a choker... But she didn't realize until now. Alex had been watching the sorceress with a close eye. She suspected something about that unnaturally calm exterior.

But it all crashed down on Alex a moment later. The alchemist realized what was the deal beyond those regardless eyes, the Chronic engravements, and the blue gem with such close resemblance to the red one Emma Everhart possessed. It all made sense with this conclusion- if her hypothetical thought was correct, that is. The alchemist didn't think and began walking up to Emma, tossing her glasses to the ground and putting on a determined face.

"You're not from this time, are you?" Alex hissed lowly, as she seated herself next to Emma. No one was likely to hear. She hoped.

And Alex watched again as those blue orbs widened, panicking, searching for a lie. "Wh-what are you talking about?" Emma almost sounded like she was nervously laughing. "Time? Huh? Time travel? What do you mean? I didn't know time travel was possible..." Emma was playing with her black ribbon.

"Don't play dumb, princess. The runes on your shield spell Chrono. And your eyes have no selflessness left in them. You put on a facade because you're scared," Alex stated. "You're scared of losing."

You could see the alarm building in Emma's expression. "Losing? Losing what?" She challenged. "And I don't speak any languages, so how could I know what the runes spell?"

"You don't have to speak languages fluently to be able to read runes." Alex calmly answered. "And I'm curious about this tribulation you seem to be facing. You're panicked, I can read it in your eyes. Why would you attempt to travel through ti-"

The world went monochromatic, and Alex paused. Emma glanced around, panicked, and looked to her hand- resting on her shield.

"I'm doomed," she moaned. "I can't reset! Not again! Not after the success I've had!" She slammed her fist into the ground angrily. "Ngh!" Time went to normal.

And as it did, Warwick had began speaking of a theory. Emma grimaced. Alex looked at the blonde expectantly, waiting for an answer.
(Sorry! Been overloaded with work. This'll be a quickie.)

Warwick furrowed his brow at no response. He approached the two and folded his arms - not in anger, but in curiosity. He could sense the anxiety and fear in both girls' eyes and chewed on his cheek in trying to decipher it. Emma's hand had suddenly gone from her shield to the ground. Warwick wasn't one to approach a wizard, but he decided that he would have to give it a try in good time.

"Your Highness," he started, "and Alex....you guys alright?" Warwick offered two Yum vials that Alex had crafted before the sailing occurred, not knowing how a wizard like Emma would react to such a concoction.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Deciding to give Lizzie some time to think alone, Mackenzie began to walk towards Nidevallir, "You know, Grizzleheim is my home as well." she said over her shoulder as she left.

She was just crossing the bridge separating the main entrance of Nidevellir from the three testing doors when Mackenzie saw Warrick offering some sort of drink to Emma and Alex.

"Did I miss anything important, besides the yum?" Mackenzie called out as she approached Warrick, but her voice softenend as she drew near, "I think Lizzie needed some time by herself, I'm sure she'll be back when she's ready. But I still haven't heard exactly why you pirates are even here."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:

Warwick furrowed his brow at no response. He approached the two and folded his arms - not in anger, but in curiosity. He could sense the anxiety and fear in both girls' eyes and chewed on his cheek in trying to decipher it. Emma's hand had suddenly gone from her shield to the ground. Warwick wasn't one to approach a wizard, but he decided that he would have to give it a try in good time.

"Your Highness," he started, "and Alex....you guys alright?" Warwick offered two Yum vials that Alex had crafted before the sailing occurred, not knowing how a wizard like Emma would react to such a concoction.
OOC: I know the feeling! I've been so busy these past few days that I decided I was going to wake up early today to write a response. XD Sorry!
~
Elizabeth stopped singing immediately when she realized that Mackenzie was there. She kept her hands away from her rapier, trying really hard not to get it melted, though she found herself pressing against the black rock behind her as she listened to the pyromancer. She sighed when Mackenzie was done explaining. “I'm sorry... I stayed up most of last night and I'm kind of tired. I'm really on edge because of it. I shouldn't have judged so quickly.” Lizzy accepted the wizard's outstretched hand, pausing before she stood up. The wizard's hand was tingling with magical power, so much so that Lizzy's entire arm and some of her torso felt tingly as well.

She stood up, and gazed to the ring that Mackenzie was offering her. It was a beautiful, simple ring, a silver band that fit Lizzy's middle finger comfortably, a small Jade stone sparkling in the pale light. She could feel a similar magic going through her hand as what Mackenzie had, though not as intensely, and it felt slightly different, like it was from a different source that the power came from. Lizzy switched to her aura vision and looked up to Mackenzie, whose fiery red aura was radiating with power, and looked back down to her ring. Her ring's aura was a wonderful green, extremely similar to the one of her own aura. She watched her aura get brighter, starting at the ring and spreading to the rest of herself, feeling the power going through her skin.

“And no favors required.” Mackenzie added.

Lizzy smiled. “Thank you, Mackenzie. This will be really helpful.” She gave Mackenzie a hug, took a deep breath, then went back into Nidavellir. She found Warwick, Alex, and Emma in a group, though what really surprised her was the fact that she saw Hank, eyes wide, flanked by a couple of other people that she had never met. "Hank!" She called, voice slightly shrill from the surprise. "What are you doing here?" She rushed forward and held his forearms to support him -- he looked a little shaky. "Are you okay? Here, lemme try something."

The swashbuckler/theurgist held onto Hank's hands and dug into her memory for some of the life magic that she knew. If only she could remember... Oh yeah! "Dryás." She murmured urgently. She closed her eyes tightly, felt a drainage of power, then looked up to find a tree spirit had sprouted out of the ground. Okay, that was totally awesome. Lizzy nodded to Hank, and the dryad lifted her arms, sang a note of Song, then disappeared. Lizzy, wide-eyed and unable to keep a smile from her face, searched Hank's expression. "Any better?"

OOC: Yep, I just did that too.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
DS Devereaux on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:

"I'm fine," Emma grumbled with a sidelong glare at Alex. But the negativity in her glare subsided as she glanced at the flask of Yum, morphing into an expression of confusion. She scrutinized it, taking it and getting a close eye view. "What the...? What's this?" She continued to observe the lavender substance, clueless as to its name or origin.

Alex paused the drink she was taking from it to answer. "It's called Yum. A favorite drink for pirates, but I dunno about you." She resumed a long drink from it.

Emma reluctantly took a sip, blinking. "It's... Not bad." She answered lowly.

(Sorry for the shortness.)