Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay IV

AuthorMessage
Captain
Mar 09, 2011
*facepalm* I just realized that I could have made a new post about it, rather than make you wait until the edits are moderated... imma derp...

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
(8/20 - edits are clear if you're reading this message. Feel free to post.)

"Yeah." Warwick murmured, biting his tongue mid-thought. His brow furrowed, revealing a look of confusion and vulnerability in his eyes. Come on, Captain, Warwick thought to himself, Get ahold of yourself and come up with something! The breaking bits of the HMS Victory flashed into Warwick's mind, Grant's cries for a plan bouncing off of Warwick's skull.

Look, Warwick's subconscious pointed out, Lizzy's always had a plan. Try being like her. Warwick leaned on the wall, making an arc with his hunched back and hands on his knees. He sighed. Lizzy had her head in her knees - this was scarily different than who she normally was. Warwick knew Lizzy as the spritely, spirited girl who always had an plan. But with the casting out of one final idea - a rather valid one at that - Lizzy seemed defeated.

"My general," Warwick thought aloud, "Has traveled to Grizzleheim before. He carries relics from a 'quite snowy region', as he explained. Maybe, once we see Alexandra, we could visit him for a possible route. I mean, he had to have gotten there somehow, right?" Warwick watched small crabs scuttle along the sand, glancing at him, as if checking their wind-stinking plates' reflections in Warwick's helmet. His armor had long been tarnished and dull.

Warwick slid to sit down, crossing his straight legs and folding his hands on his stomach. Stifling a tired yawn, Warwick marveled in how much energy was spent in the early hours of the day, making him feel sleepy by mid-afternoon. (OOC: Ah, the things I make my characters feel while I have headaches...) He was still shocked by how optimistic and free Lizzy had chosen to be, even while the war on the clockwork Armada raged on. It was a quality that Warwick both feared and greatly admired. Warwick ran his hand through his hair, tackling tough knots and putting away the need for warm water and soap for another evening.

A blue skarakeet (OOC: is the second consonant a c or a k?) drifted down from the sky, landing on Warwick's boots and squawking loudly. It was carrying a paper bag tightly kept closed between its tiny talons. Warwick took the bag and removed three objects; a photograph, short note, and large locket. Warwick nudged Lizzy and showed her a picture of two pirates, a boy and a girl.

"That's Mary Forthing, and Roland the Avenger," Warwick explained. He read over the note and sighed shakily as his tone fell, "They've decided to forfeit the mission." Warwick popped the locket open to find two small shards from the end of the windstone embedded into the locket's inside panels. Warwick bit his lip and put the locket on near his own shard. "They've given up on me." Warwick felt his own sense of hopelessness and fear wash over him. He sat, watching the crabs, dodging the thought of sending a note back as the skarakeet flew off.

"Food," Warwick remembered, "Food, that's right."
OOC: Lol I don't rightly know, though I think the second consonant is a 'c', making 'scarakeet'.
~
Lizzy plucked the photograph from Warwick's hand and examined the picture and the note. She breathed a sigh through her mouth, her own eyebrows furrowing in thought. How awful it must be to have one's friends just... give up on you.

"I'll never do that." She muttered to herself, though Warwick heard. Lizzy wrapped her arms around her legs and rested her chin on her knees. She closed her eyes, a smile crossing her lips. "I might get to go home." Lizzy murmured. For a blissful moment, she felt Hrundle Fjord's snowflakes gently dancing themselves onto her cheeks. She heard the bear cubs playing with the wolf pups in the distance, along with Grandmother Raven smiling and laughing as she watched. She felt the winds lift her hair, and the comfortable warmth from her fur coat.

Then the feeling evaporated.

She was back in the intense heat of Skull Island. Lizzy sighed a little sadly, but then brightened. She was going back, and she knew it. Just 'when' was the question.

The blonde glanced over at Warwick, then scooted over to be next to him. Lizzy bumped her shoulder against his, then smiled. "Come on, brighten up." She said in response to Warwick's gloominess. Her smile was instantly wiped off her face. If her friends had just given up on her like that, she would be gloomy too. "Sorry." she said, looking to the ground again, her legs stretching out to be straight. Lizzy leaned back against the wall, her jaw making a 'click' sound in her head as it shut against her skull. She picked up Warwick's hand with her own, wrapping her fingers around his, hoping to comfort him. She could imagine few things worse than friends not believing in you. Friends are the families you choose yourself -- you surround yourself with the best family you can, and then to have them leave you must be awful.

Lizzy shrugged. "I'm game for an apple before we go see Alex. What would you like to eat?"

Captain
May 16, 2011
Connor silently walked into the room Warwick and Lizzy were in, and shut the door without noise. After hearing Lizzy and Warwick talking about getting to Wintertusk, Connor spoke up. "I know how to get there. My brother, Sean, a privateer, has visited that world." When Connor spoke; Lizzy jumped and Warwick gasped in surprise. Then Connor tossed Lizzy a shard of a white windstone. "When my brother went there, the gods of Wintertusk were angry, and they shattered his white windstone into seven pieces. The pieces were then scattered across Grizzleheim. Sean gave his only piece to me."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Thunder Hawk on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
Connor silently walked into the room Warwick and Lizzy were in, and shut the door without noise. After hearing Lizzy and Warwick talking about getting to Wintertusk, Connor spoke up. "I know how to get there. My brother, Sean, a privateer, has visited that world." When Connor spoke; Lizzy jumped and Warwick gasped in surprise. Then Connor tossed Lizzy a shard of a white windstone. "When my brother went there, the gods of Wintertusk were angry, and they shattered his white windstone into seven pieces. The pieces were then scattered across Grizzleheim. Sean gave his only piece to me."
OOC: Btw, Lizzy and Warwick are outside in the back, hint from the heat of the sun. Now that there are three people participating in this roleplay, should we set up an order again? Idk, i'll just go ahead and post Lizzy's side...
~
Lizzy nearly leaped out of her skin, jumping over Warwick to hide behind him, peaking over his shoulder. She breathed a sigh of relief, then looked at Conner with a nervous coldness. "Please don't scare me like that again." She said. Then she tilted her head at him. "Have you been following us around?"

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Weird, I'm still waiting on my post from yesterday. I'll write a new one now. If this post is posted at the same time as my old post, this post is the "legit" one.

"My general was gifted a windstone," Warwick explained, "And in turn gifted his best officials shards of it. I was given two, though I gave one to Lizzy and came out with three." And I don't have a good feeling about this, Warwick's subconscious told him through the stomach. Either that, or he was ravenously hungry. Or both. Warwick stood, brushing the dust from his knees. He compared the glint of his windstone to the one Connor had thrown. They were very similar in hue, though his had more of a white swirl inside of the clearer bit, though he doubted it made any difference.
"If we're going to sail to Grizzleheim," Warwick noted, "Then what will we do? It's us three, four or five at best, against the entire Armada trying to squish us under their boots." I'm a Privateer, too, you know.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Lizzy gulped. She rubbed the back of her neck, the cogs and gears known as her brain churning, but not being able to come up with any ideas. One kept on recurring, though -- shouldn't they sneak into Grizzleheim? But she turned this thought down, considering that the armada had already proven that they know where they are by attacking. Twice. Lizzy moaned, for she had never been at such a loss before. She buried her head in her hands and closed her eyes, her brain almost hurting for how hard she was thinking. They can't just go to Grizzleheim -- that would endanger her home to the armada, and, if the armada is still following the windstone, it would be taking them to the wizard's side of the spiral. They couldn't afford that to happen.
Then Lizzy came up with an idea, and, before she could turn it down, she casted it out to the world. "Let's ask the wizards for help!" She said a little to loudly. Lizzy then threw away the idea. "Nah..." Lizzy moaned again, then plopped into a laying-down position in the sand. She felt utterly helpless.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Btw, Lizzy and Warwick are outside in the back, hint from the heat of the sun. Now that there are three people participating in this roleplay, should we set up an order again? Idk, i'll just go ahead and post Lizzy's side...
~
Lizzy nearly leaped out of her skin, jumping over Warwick to hide behind him, peaking over his shoulder. She breathed a sigh of relief, then looked at Conner with a nervous coldness. "Please don't scare me like that again." She said. Then she tilted her head at him. "Have you been following us around?"
"Errr.......I might have been following you two at one point. Uhhh " Connor said uneasily. Then, glancing at the piece of windstone Warwick was looking at, he added, "But if we are going to Grizzleheim, I know a quick way there. But I'm starving. Maybe we should get something to eat and then leave for Grizzleheim?" Then Connor started toward the tavern.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Thunder Hawk on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
"Errr.......I might have been following you two at one point. Uhhh " Connor said uneasily. Then, glancing at the piece of windstone Warwick was looking at, he added, "But if we are going to Grizzleheim, I know a quick way there. But I'm starving. Maybe we should get something to eat and then leave for Grizzleheim?" Then Connor started toward the tavern.
Lizzy raised her head from the sand at the mention of food. "Before we leave for Grizzleheim, we need to get some healing potions. I've an uneasy notion that we're definitely going to require the assistance of them, considering the rate at which the armada is attacking us. I'm not sure we're safe at all anymore." Lizzy stood up, brushing some of the sand out of her hair and clothes. She attempted to get in between her shoulder blades, but the few fingers of hers that could reach couldn't do very much about the sand. She sighed, shoulders slumping in defeat. "Although I am hungry," she began, "I don't want a big meal. Just an apple or a few bananas is usually what suffices me for most of the day." She chuckled. "In fact, that's all I had yesterday before I, ahem, met you guys."
She still didn't feel very comfortable around Conner, and when the group walked away from the spot at the back of the bazaar, Lizzy was walking on the very edge of the group next to Warwick and away from Conner. She trusted Warwick, and she knew he trusted her, but she had a feeling that Conner wasn't so sure about the blonde. Likewise. As they were walking, Lizzy attempted at the sand between her shoulder blades some more, but just plain couldn't do it. She quickly noticed that the windstone pendent of hers was out in the open, then she took off the pendent and stuck it into the pouch in her belt, where she knew it would be safe from prying eyes. Her hand was always near the pouch, just for safe keeping. She lowered her head, feeling extremely uncomfortable, like she was now in constant danger. Although in the past when she was undercover in Sivella, Lizzy knew she was safe. This was a completely different level of insecurity, and Lizzy felt extremely paranoid, glancing over her shoulder at the slightest sound or the smallest movement. Gosh, being scared was awfully tiring.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy raised her head from the sand at the mention of food. "Before we leave for Grizzleheim, we need to get some healing potions. I've an uneasy notion that we're definitely going to require the assistance of them, considering the rate at which the armada is attacking us. I'm not sure we're safe at all anymore." Lizzy stood up, brushing some of the sand out of her hair and clothes. She attempted to get in between her shoulder blades, but the few fingers of hers that could reach couldn't do very much about the sand. She sighed, shoulders slumping in defeat. "Although I am hungry," she began, "I don't want a big meal. Just an apple or a few bananas is usually what suffices me for most of the day." She chuckled. "In fact, that's all I had yesterday before I, ahem, met you guys."
She still didn't feel very comfortable around Conner, and when the group walked away from the spot at the back of the bazaar, Lizzy was walking on the very edge of the group next to Warwick and away from Conner. She trusted Warwick, and she knew he trusted her, but she had a feeling that Conner wasn't so sure about the blonde. Likewise. As they were walking, Lizzy attempted at the sand between her shoulder blades some more, but just plain couldn't do it. She quickly noticed that the windstone pendent of hers was out in the open, then she took off the pendent and stuck it into the pouch in her belt, where she knew it would be safe from prying eyes. Her hand was always near the pouch, just for safe keeping. She lowered her head, feeling extremely uncomfortable, like she was now in constant danger. Although in the past when she was undercover in Sivella, Lizzy knew she was safe. This was a completely different level of insecurity, and Lizzy felt extremely paranoid, glancing over her shoulder at the slightest sound or the smallest movement. Gosh, being scared was awfully tiring.
"It'll be alright," Warwick murmured just loud enough for Lizzy to hear. He too was a little uneasy around Conner, knowing that he had established the level of trust that a pirate would a clockwork - nil. Warwick decided that he liked it that way, anyways.
Warwick strayed from the group, approaching a humble wooden stand smelling of Yum. Warwick smiled wide and shook a pirate's hand. The two conversed a little, Warwick actually laughing - something rather scary for anybody who hadn't seen it before - and accepted a belt of ten or twelve small vials filled with pink liquid.
"It's Yum-n-Ade," Warwick explained, "Ryan peddles it over there. I defended his stand once, and this was the favor I got back. Let's go see Alex!" Warwick removed a packet of dried yum-yum fruit from his pack, tossing it to Lizzy. "Could this do you over until we find actual food?"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
"It'll be alright," Warwick murmured just loud enough for Lizzy to hear. He too was a little uneasy around Conner, knowing that he had established the level of trust that a pirate would a clockwork - nil. Warwick decided that he liked it that way, anyways.
Warwick strayed from the group, approaching a humble wooden stand smelling of Yum. Warwick smiled wide and shook a pirate's hand. The two conversed a little, Warwick actually laughing - something rather scary for anybody who hadn't seen it before - and accepted a belt of ten or twelve small vials filled with pink liquid.
"It's Yum-n-Ade," Warwick explained, "Ryan peddles it over there. I defended his stand once, and this was the favor I got back. Let's go see Alex!" Warwick removed a packet of dried yum-yum fruit from his pack, tossing it to Lizzy. "Could this do you over until we find actual food?"
Lizzy appreciated Warwick trying to make her feel better, and gave him a week smile. "Thanks." She murmured quietly back.
Elizabeth shook Ryan's hand politely nodding to him in acknowledgement. "Pleasure to meet you, Ryan!"

She looked down at the dried yum-yum fruit packet that she had just caught, which reminded her of prunes. Lizzy hated prunes. "I guess so..." She shrugged. Lizzy took out one of the dried fruit and popped it into her mouth, surprised by the wonderfully sweet and salty taste that jump-started her taste buds. "Mmm..." She closed her eyes to fully enjoy the taste. What a pleasant surprise!
"Right. Alex." Lizzy blushed, coming back to reality. She swallowed her bite of yum-yum fruit, then cleared her throat. She pointed over the jewelry shop. "Alex lives on that cliff: hint by the mist coming from the top of it. Do you guys want to climb the cliff with me, or should I go up there on my own?" Lizzy popped another dried fruit in her mouth.

Captain
May 16, 2011
DS Devereaux on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
"Right then. To Alex" Connor said. After a few moments of silence he added, "You two don't trust me, do you?" Connor sighed. "I understand. But just know, if anything goes bad in Wintertusk, I'd give my life for you two to live." Then Connor finished by saying, "Go to Mooshu, and into the imperial skyway, that skyway which is blocked by an enormous door. Show them this pass, and the guards will let you in. Go to the closest stormgate, and it will be the Grizzleheim one. I will meet you in Northguard." Connor gently handed Lizzy a white card, and then walked to the docks without stopping by the tavern to get some food.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
"I can climb," Warwick said, gazing at the cliff. It looked like a steep climb, but Warwick felt strong enough to support his own body weight as needed. The two approached the cliff, and Warwick started up close behind Lizzy, copying the use of footholds and ledges. The climb was close to vertical. The further he got up, it seemed, the more wind and chill got in his way.
"How does somebody live up here?" Warwick complained, scrambling up another few yards, "Honestly!" Warwick glanced over to find that Lizzy was having a good time, though. Warwick tried to the find the trick to her climbing, but ultimately decided that it had to be a swashbuckler thing. Reaching the top, Warwick stretched his arms up and out, seeing only fog below him.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Thunder Hawk on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
"Right then. To Alex" Connor said. After a few moments of silence he added, "You two don't trust me, do you?" Connor sighed. "I understand. But just know, if anything goes bad in Wintertusk, I'd give my life for you two to live." Then Connor finished by saying, "Go to Mooshu, and into the imperial skyway, that skyway which is blocked by an enormous door. Show them this pass, and the guards will let you in. Go to the closest stormgate, and it will be the Grizzleheim one. I will meet you in Northguard." Connor gently handed Lizzy a white card, and then walked to the docks without stopping by the tavern to get some food.
Lizzy blinked. Did Conner really just say that he would give his life for them? She watched his back head to the docks for as long as she could, noticing that he didn't stop for food. Gosh, this must be important to him too. Lizzy popped another piece of dried fruit into her mouth, then handed the rest of the pack to Warwick so that he could eat. She didn't really need more than a couple of those fruit, and she expected that her family would welcome them with open arms -- and an open feast. All in all, Warwick could have most of the bag. Lizzy plucked a vial of Yum-n-Ade from Warwick's belt, once again pleasantly surprised, discovering that it not only tasted wonderful, but it also completely satisfied her hunger and made her feel comfortable and relaxed. "Wow... this stuff is amazing!" She tilted back the vial further until she had had about half of the bottle, then she glided it into her pouch (this thing can hold as much as a house!) and latched the pouch shut.
She turned to Warwick. "From now on, I'm going to you for food." Lizzy began to walk in the direction of the cliff, then she stopped and opened her pouch once again. Lizzy reached her entire arm into the small pouch, feeling around in there until she felt a bottle. She took out her arm to find her Skull Island Galleon, then tossed it to Warwick. "You're welcome to go ahead and leave if you want to, or you can come with me to see Alex. What do you want to do?"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
"I can climb," Warwick said, gazing at the cliff. It looked like a steep climb, but Warwick felt strong enough to support his own body weight as needed. The two approached the cliff, and Warwick started up close behind Lizzy, copying the use of footholds and ledges. The climb was close to vertical. The further he got up, it seemed, the more wind and chill got in his way.
"How does somebody live up here?" Warwick complained, scrambling up another few yards, "Honestly!" Warwick glanced over to find that Lizzy was having a good time, though. Warwick tried to the find the trick to her climbing, but ultimately decided that it had to be a swashbuckler thing. Reaching the top, Warwick stretched his arms up and out, seeing only fog below him.
Lizzy was absolutely enjoying herself. "Come on, slowpoke!" She giggled as she climbed. While she was climbing she remembered that it used to be her favorite activity when she lived in Grizzleheim, and how wonderful it was to be taller than the others for a change, considering that she's shorter than Warwick, even with heels. She clambered up the steep cliff like a monkey to a tree and was at the top well before Warwick was. Lizzy got a little dizzy when she looked down and instantly pressed her back against the entrance of Alex's cave, gulping. She closed her eyes and mastered her fear of heights, just being thankful that there were no spiders on her way up. That would have been utterly disastrous.

She nodded to Warwick and walked shakily over to him, looping her arm through his to help support herself. Lizzy and Warwick entered the cave to find a girl with brownish black locks that curled at the bottom, misty violet eyes seeming to glow in the dim cave light.
"Hyālō, Alex!" Lizzy smiled, feeling proud of herself for finally figuring out how to pronounce the greeting correctly. "Any chance you could help us out?"
~
OOC: If Emma doesn't reply, do you think you could be Alex, Dev? I really don't feel comfortable taking over other people's characters and I feel that I would fail utterly at it, so you would be doing me a great favor by being Alex if Alex isn't Alex, if that made any sense. ;) I really hope Emma can help us out.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy was absolutely enjoying herself. "Come on, slowpoke!" She giggled as she climbed. While she was climbing she remembered that it used to be her favorite activity when she lived in Grizzleheim, and how wonderful it was to be taller than the others for a change, considering that she's shorter than Warwick, even with heels. She clambered up the steep cliff like a monkey to a tree and was at the top well before Warwick was. Lizzy got a little dizzy when she looked down and instantly pressed her back against the entrance of Alex's cave, gulping. She closed her eyes and mastered her fear of heights, just being thankful that there were no spiders on her way up. That would have been utterly disastrous.

She nodded to Warwick and walked shakily over to him, looping her arm through his to help support herself. Lizzy and Warwick entered the cave to find a girl with brownish black locks that curled at the bottom, misty violet eyes seeming to glow in the dim cave light.
"Hyālō, Alex!" Lizzy smiled, feeling proud of herself for finally figuring out how to pronounce the greeting correctly. "Any chance you could help us out?"
~
OOC: If Emma doesn't reply, do you think you could be Alex, Dev? I really don't feel comfortable taking over other people's characters and I feel that I would fail utterly at it, so you would be doing me a great favor by being Alex if Alex isn't Alex, if that made any sense. ;) I really hope Emma can help us out.
Let's see what I can do. I'll try to poke Emma when I can. If I got this character wrong at all, I apologize. From what I've seen, Alex seems to be a well-mannered witchdoctor with a hint of deceit in her actions. I can play as such. One of my favorite outside characters to roleplay was a thief trying to get a pennyless wanderer to guide him...
-
Alex stood slowly from her shroud of mist from a recent elixir-brewing, sending clouds of periwinkle around the knees of those entering. ,
"Hyālō," she murmured, smiling. Something about it set Warwick off a little, but he calmed himself down. If Lizzy held Alex in such high regard, then she was a friend to him, "What is it?" Alex, now standing at full height, towered an inch or two over Lizzy, making Warwick feel dwarfed in comparison. Stuck on brightly dyed robes were feathers both local and exotic, as if the withdoctor had just picked them up and placed them on as she traveled. Warwick guessed as much.
"If I may," Warwick said, trying to be courteous but firm, "We're going on a major trip, something involving the clockwork Armada and the undisclosed location of a windstone."
"You want to know where it-"
"Goes?" Warwick uneasily interrupted Alex, "We have an idea and want to test it before all else. We were just wondering if -"
"Healing potions," Alex cooed, making Warwick go pale, "Right." Touche, Warwick's mind grumbled to itself. The darkness of the cave was a little overwhelming for Warwick, but he had neither sparks nor matches. He couldn't read the labels of things on shelves, and tell the difference between what was furniture and what was alive. He was sure that something else had to have been. Alex ducked out of view, and after some clattering, appeared as if she had flickered back on, making Warwick jump in shock. He tried to keep himself composed.
"These will do," Alex said, "Brewed just dawns ago." Warwick chose a vial from the box Alex presented, holding it to the shaft of daylight filtering in through the cave's opening.
"Are these Yum-based?" The sunlight revealed a bright green speckled with orange inside the vials.
"Always," Alex cooed, "Nothing's better." Warwick eyed her and remembered his logic. He looked to Lizzy and then back to Alex.
"How much must we pay?" Warwick asked.
"They're yours," Alex dipped her head and let Warwick take and close the wooden box. He shook hands with the witchdoctor.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
Let's see what I can do. I'll try to poke Emma when I can. If I got this character wrong at all, I apologize. From what I've seen, Alex seems to be a well-mannered witchdoctor with a hint of deceit in her actions. I can play as such. One of my favorite outside characters to roleplay was a thief trying to get a pennyless wanderer to guide him...
-
Alex stood slowly from her shroud of mist from a recent elixir-brewing, sending clouds of periwinkle around the knees of those entering. ,
"Hyālō," she murmured, smiling. Something about it set Warwick off a little, but he calmed himself down. If Lizzy held Alex in such high regard, then she was a friend to him, "What is it?" Alex, now standing at full height, towered an inch or two over Lizzy, making Warwick feel dwarfed in comparison. Stuck on brightly dyed robes were feathers both local and exotic, as if the withdoctor had just picked them up and placed them on as she traveled. Warwick guessed as much.
"If I may," Warwick said, trying to be courteous but firm, "We're going on a major trip, something involving the clockwork Armada and the undisclosed location of a windstone."
"Goes?" Warwick uneasily interrupted Alex, "We have an idea and want to test it before all else. We were just wondering if -"
"Healing potions," Alex cooed, making Warwick go pale, "Right." Touche, Warwick's mind grumbled to itself. The darkness of the cave was a little overwhelming for Warwick, but he had neither sparks nor matches. He couldn't read the labels of things on shelves, and tell the difference between what was furniture and what was alive. He was sure that something else had to have been. Alex ducked out of view, and after some clattering, appeared as if she had flickered back on, making Warwick jump in shock. He tried to keep himself composed.
"These will do," Alex said, "Brewed just dawns ago." Warwick chose a vial from the box Alex presented, holding it to the shaft of daylight filtering in through the cave's opening.
"Are these Yum-based?" The sunlight revealed a bright green speckled with orange inside the vials.
"Always," Alex cooed, "Nothing's better." Warwick eyed her and remembered his logic. He looked to Lizzy and then back to Alex.
"They're yours," Alex dipped her head and let Warwick take and close the wooden box. He shook hands with the witchdoctor.
OOC: Nice job! Although I've never seen Alex act with deceit, I'd say you did an excellent job being Alex; I do believe she would have given Lizzy and Warwick the box for free, she likes to do that a lot and Lizzy is a friend, so it makes sense. But to point something out, Alex is an Alchemist and not a Witchdoctor. Although I don't really know what the difference is, I know that Alchemists make potions while Witchdoctors summon spirits, and I don't know whether or not Alex would take offence in that...
~
"Oh, thank you so much, Alex!" Lizzy exclaimed, throwing her arms over her friend. "I honestly don't know what I would do without you." Lizzy tapped her thigh, "Just last night I broke my leg, and after one of your potions it was almost completely better." She grinned, backing away from one friend to loop her arm through the other's, preparing herself for going back outside... near the big cliff... She gulped. "Race ya to the bottom?" She directed the question to Warwick.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
DS Devereaux on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
-
OOC: Oh my gosh..... You got Alex PERFECT. I repeat, PERFECT. And this gives me a chance to poke in Keira AND Alex! Woohoo! Thank you Des!

"Excuse me Elizabeth, and... Warwick is it?" Alex was polite. The Alchemist smiled at the duo. "Do you mind if I accompany you on your journey? It sounds fun, and I'd love to be of help to you." The brunette tapped her belt, where a multitude of round flasks were locked, each containing a glittering, chromatic liquid that were obviously potions. "It's in my greatest interests to assist others."

She turned to the counter where potions bubbled as they mixed. She examined a malachite one, and picked it up, and she grabbed a pair of rectangular glasses from the desk and put them on to get a closer look at the mixture. She raised an eyebrow, then nodded.

"It seems thymari worked out for this one!" She commented. "Thanks for helping me there, Keira." She turned to face the black haired Witchdoctor who had been waiting quietly in the corner of the cave. The Witchdoctor merely nodded.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Nice job! Although I've never seen Alex act with deceit, I'd say you did an excellent job being Alex; I do believe she would have given Lizzy and Warwick the box for free, she likes to do that a lot and Lizzy is a friend, so it makes sense. But to point something out, Alex is an Alchemist and not a Witchdoctor. Although I don't really know what the difference is, I know that Alchemists make potions while Witchdoctors summon spirits, and I don't know whether or not Alex would take offence in that...
~
"Oh, thank you so much, Alex!" Lizzy exclaimed, throwing her arms over her friend. "I honestly don't know what I would do without you." Lizzy tapped her thigh, "Just last night I broke my leg, and after one of your potions it was almost completely better." She grinned, backing away from one friend to loop her arm through the other's, preparing herself for going back outside... near the big cliff... She gulped. "Race ya to the bottom?" She directed the question to Warwick.
OOC: Quick note- Alex may not seem it, but she can be extremely deceitful- so much that she can scare people at times. She took an instant liking to Lizzy, so it's self explanatory why Lizzy hasn't seen that side of Alex. If you were to look up the roleplay "Resentful Reminiscings" on Pirate Central- you'd find that she can DEFINITELY be deceitful. She's also a little violent to those who anger her, and thankfully she isn't easily angered..... And Alex wouldn't take offense to that, she's a kindhearted one. But be careful not to upset her...

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Oh my gosh..... You got Alex PERFECT. I repeat, PERFECT. And this gives me a chance to poke in Keira AND Alex! Woohoo! Thank you Des!

"Excuse me Elizabeth, and... Warwick is it?" Alex was polite. The Alchemist smiled at the duo. "Do you mind if I accompany you on your journey? It sounds fun, and I'd love to be of help to you." The brunette tapped her belt, where a multitude of round flasks were locked, each containing a glittering, chromatic liquid that were obviously potions. "It's in my greatest interests to assist others."

She turned to the counter where potions bubbled as they mixed. She examined a malachite one, and picked it up, and she grabbed a pair of rectangular glasses from the desk and put them on to get a closer look at the mixture. She raised an eyebrow, then nodded.

"It seems thymari worked out for this one!" She commented. "Thanks for helping me there, Keira." She turned to face the black haired Witchdoctor who had been waiting quietly in the corner of the cave. The Witchdoctor merely nodded.
OOC: Sometimes, I can have an edge with things.

"Yes, Warwick. Captain Warwick Orleans." Warwick was still a little unnerved. He leaned on the entrance to the cave. "You're welcome to join us. I'm sure your expertise will be very useful." A cool breeze broke the humidity blowing Warwick's hair to the side. He gazed briefly out into the sky and back into the cave.
"Who's Keira?" Warwick asked at the mention of another person, "You say that as if she's here." Warwick peeked into the cave, getting a whiff of something smelling sickly sweet. After looking into the daylight, the cave appeared pitch black in comparison. Warwick folded his arms, trying to get his bearings about him.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
DS Devereaux on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Sometimes, I can have an edge with things.

"Yes, Warwick. Captain Warwick Orleans." Warwick was still a little unnerved. He leaned on the entrance to the cave. "You're welcome to join us. I'm sure your expertise will be very useful." A cool breeze broke the humidity blowing Warwick's hair to the side. He gazed briefly out into the sky and back into the cave.
"Who's Keira?" Warwick asked at the mention of another person, "You say that as if she's here." Warwick peeked into the cave, getting a whiff of something smelling sickly sweet. After looking into the daylight, the cave appeared pitch black in comparison. Warwick folded his arms, trying to get his bearings about him.
"Keira? Oh yea, she's a quiet type..." Alexandra gestured to the quiet Witchdoctor who hadn't spoken a word since the arrival of the group of pirates. She shyly nodded. "Keira, if I may ask a favor of you- could you stay here and just do me a favor by watching these potions? You're one of the only ones I know besides myself and Madame Vadima who has the same sense with alchemy." The black haired Witchdoctor nodded again, and her expression lit up as she noticed Lizzy. Keira waved to the Swashbuckler.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
"Keira? Oh yea, she's a quiet type..." Alexandra gestured to the quiet Witchdoctor who hadn't spoken a word since the arrival of the group of pirates. She shyly nodded. "Keira, if I may ask a favor of you- could you stay here and just do me a favor by watching these potions? You're one of the only ones I know besides myself and Madame Vadima who has the same sense with alchemy." The black haired Witchdoctor nodded again, and her expression lit up as she noticed Lizzy. Keira waved to the Swashbuckler.
Lizzy smiled and waved back.

Captain
May 16, 2011
As he rode his skiff to Grizzleheim, Connor stared at a pale letter. As he read, he dipped his head in sorrow. Connor felt for his belt. He tried to slide the letter inside, but something blocked it. Connor glanced at the object which was barricading the letter from going down. It was a pistol. A pistol?! Connor had never used a pistol before, so what was it doing there? He shrugged, and put the letter elsewhere on his belt. Then his skiff dove into the depths of the Grizzleheim Stormgate.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
After Lizzy waved to Keira, another friend of hers, she tilted her head to the side, suddenly realizing exactly what Warwick had said. 'Captain Warwick Orleans'. That's right, he's not just my friend, he's an actual captain. Lizzy smiled, not entirely sure why. Does that make me a companion? Hmm... Lizzy almost enjoyed the prospect of not being the highest rank. It means that she didn't have to make very many decisions, only ask what was needed of the Captain. Jack was the leader of The Golden Gryphon Crew, anyway. I've got a little practice taking orders. She turned her gaze to Warwick. It would be nice, for once, to not need to take charge of herself. But should Warwick be her Captain, or will they be a team? Lizzy furrowed her eyebrows and looked away from Warwick.
Then she turned to Warwick once more. "You know, you really need to lighten up." She said out of nowhere. His arms were currently folded -- that meant that he was either cold, or upset. Lizzy guessed the latter. "I mean, you just seem so glum and serious all the time. When was the last time really enjoyed yourself rather than focusing on your problems?" Lizzy raised her eyebrows and gazed at him keenly. Then she realized, despite what a loner he is, he still has feelings and probably didn't want to discuss them in front of two strangers and a girl he just met yesterday. "Nevermind," she sighed, shaking her head, "we'll talk about that some other time. For now, I think we should go and catch up to Conner. I really hope nobody attacked the foreigner..."

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
After Lizzy waved to Keira, another friend of hers, she tilted her head to the side, suddenly realizing exactly what Warwick had said. 'Captain Warwick Orleans'. That's right, he's not just my friend, he's an actual captain. Lizzy smiled, not entirely sure why. Does that make me a companion? Hmm... Lizzy almost enjoyed the prospect of not being the highest rank. It means that she didn't have to make very many decisions, only ask what was needed of the Captain. Jack was the leader of The Golden Gryphon Crew, anyway. I've got a little practice taking orders. She turned her gaze to Warwick. It would be nice, for once, to not need to take charge of herself. But should Warwick be her Captain, or will they be a team? Lizzy furrowed her eyebrows and looked away from Warwick.
Then she turned to Warwick once more. "You know, you really need to lighten up." She said out of nowhere. His arms were currently folded -- that meant that he was either cold, or upset. Lizzy guessed the latter. "I mean, you just seem so glum and serious all the time. When was the last time really enjoyed yourself rather than focusing on your problems?" Lizzy raised her eyebrows and gazed at him keenly. Then she realized, despite what a loner he is, he still has feelings and probably didn't want to discuss them in front of two strangers and a girl he just met yesterday. "Nevermind," she sighed, shaking her head, "we'll talk about that some other time. For now, I think we should go and catch up to Conner. I really hope nobody attacked the foreigner..."
"I, uh..." Warwick stammered, blushing, "I d-doubt anyone attacked him. Ahem, it sounds like he's been to Grizzleheim before." Lighten up!? Warwick thought to himself, What do you mean, 'lighten up'!? We're in the middle of a war while having to trust this alchemist and let Conner go off on his own. Warwick sighed and attempted regaining his composure. He didn't like change. I don't want to talk about it 'some other time'...
"Well, come on." Warwick gestured to the others. He started for the cliff, digging his Tiger Claws into a smoother bit and sliding down.

(OOC: Emma, if you don't mind, I'd like to ask if I could have Warwick push Alex's buttons a little bit. He doesn't trust her very much - Does he trust anyone besides Lizzy at this point? - and is constantly suspicious of everything.
OOC (2): Ah, memory lane. There's going to be a wonderful time/place for Warwick's reason for being so gruff to kick in and at that point fade. You all just wait for it. I'll say this, though: Being in the MB Navy (and being in debt of it) does have its effects on people who don't stay.)

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
DS Devereaux on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
"I, uh..." Warwick stammered, blushing, "I d-doubt anyone attacked him. Ahem, it sounds like he's been to Grizzleheim before." Lighten up!? Warwick thought to himself, What do you mean, 'lighten up'!? We're in the middle of a war while having to trust this alchemist and let Conner go off on his own. Warwick sighed and attempted regaining his composure. He didn't like change. I don't want to talk about it 'some other time'...
"Well, come on." Warwick gestured to the others. He started for the cliff, digging his Tiger Claws into a smoother bit and sliding down.

(OOC: Emma, if you don't mind, I'd like to ask if I could have Warwick push Alex's buttons a little bit. He doesn't trust her very much - Does he trust anyone besides Lizzy at this point? - and is constantly suspicious of everything.
OOC (2): Ah, memory lane. There's going to be a wonderful time/place for Warwick's reason for being so gruff to kick in and at that point fade. You all just wait for it. I'll say this, though: Being in the MB Navy (and being in debt of it) does have its effects on people who don't stay.)
(OOC: It's fine with me! Don't worry though, Alex CAN usually be trusted... Just don't mention a storm. Do that and you've doomed yourself for eternity.)

"Well, let's go. Extra healing and other various positive and negative potions should be useful, at least I believe so. Be careful with those, I've run low on flasks, beakers, and any other potion bottles I did or do have." The alchemist grumbled something that sounded like 'Thanks, Trinity' but followed the others. It was obvious she's climbed down this cliff a multitude of times, as she seemed to know where the footholds were without even looking. "It's pretty easy to get back down. If you like jumping or blind climbing." The alchemist laughed. In a fairly short amount of time, she had reached the base of the mountain, and she waited for the rest of the group as they came down the mountainside.

(I'm considering sneaking in some new characters when they get to the ship.... Muahahaha!)