Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Loyalty and bad luck

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
I was here from the start. I played Beta and got the Boochbeard bundle. I always get a years membership. I buy all the mounts and stuff in the crown shop. But what started as a mild annoyance has grown into major frustration. I have the worst luck when it comes to getting rare drops. I have friends that buy a months membership, finish a world and then don't play the game again until a new world comes out. They have incredible luck with drops. Several friends got the Dragoon Autocannon on their first try. Others got the Blades of Shade on their first try. I had to farm Friar Sand for 2 months to get his weapon. Other people I know had 4 or 5 of them before I got mine. By the time I got one it wasn't useful to me anymore because I had leveled past the point of it being a practical weapon for me. If these drops are rare then I don't understand why some people who put a tenth of the time and expense into the game that I do end up getting several of these rare items and I get it after it becomes useless to me. Very frustrating. My loyalty to the game has been very fruitless for me.

Wicked Erin

Administrator
Spiral Cowboy on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
I was here from the start. I played Beta and got the Boochbeard bundle. I always get a years membership. I buy all the mounts and stuff in the crown shop. But what started as a mild annoyance has grown into major frustration. I have the worst luck when it comes to getting rare drops. I have friends that buy a months membership, finish a world and then don't play the game again until a new world comes out. They have incredible luck with drops. Several friends got the Dragoon Autocannon on their first try. Others got the Blades of Shade on their first try. I had to farm Friar Sand for 2 months to get his weapon. Other people I know had 4 or 5 of them before I got mine. By the time I got one it wasn't useful to me anymore because I had leveled past the point of it being a practical weapon for me. If these drops are rare then I don't understand why some people who put a tenth of the time and expense into the game that I do end up getting several of these rare items and I get it after it becomes useless to me. Very frustrating. My loyalty to the game has been very fruitless for me.

Wicked Erin
Aww! Don't feel down. Your loyalty to the game has nothing to do with the drops you receive in game, and you're talking about some pretty rare weapons in this post that a lot of people struggle to obtain (it's part of the fun)! Keep at it and create your own luck! You can do it, and most of all remember to have fun while you're at it.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
Feb 27, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
Aww! Don't feel down. Your loyalty to the game has nothing to do with the drops you receive in game, and you're talking about some pretty rare weapons in this post that a lot of people struggle to obtain (it's part of the fun)! Keep at it and create your own luck! You can do it, and most of all remember to have fun while you're at it.
He sure knows how to make everyone's day!

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
Sorry. You're right. I was just feeling frustrated. Getting there is half the fun as they say. I will just keep trying. And if I ever get one of those weapons it will just make it that much more valuable to me. Thanks.

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme

P.S.
It's impossible not to have fun while playing this game.

Ensign
Dec 08, 2012
You're not the only one, took me like a week straight of farming the palace of hyssarik just to recieve the Prince of Illios quiver from one of the bosses. This whole game is actually 50% luck if you ask me considering with all the criticals and a bunch of other things. Trust me, one day you'll get your share dose of luck.