Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What do you think is in El Dorado?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 25, 2010
Other than gold and jewels what do you think will be there? Enemies?, ghosts?, more companions?, a new world?, or not a beautiful world made of solid gold?

Well I think that it will not have a lot of gold, but something even better than gold. You meet your parents there, and El Dorado is really "Heaven". Because your parents say to you, "Find us! Shining city El Dorado!"
And that's what I think will be in El Dorado. What do you think is in El Dorado

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Well there had better be cake there waiting for us. Twinkies are golden. Think about it.That's all I have to say. There better be cake.

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme

Captain
May 16, 2011
Sneaky Assassin on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
Other than gold and jewels what do you think will be there? Enemies?, ghosts?, more companions?, a new world?, or not a beautiful world made of solid gold?

Well I think that it will not have a lot of gold, but something even better than gold. You meet your parents there, and El Dorado is really "Heaven". Because your parents say to you, "Find us! Shining city El Dorado!"
Oh, no, it isn't a world of solid gold, it's a world of solid butter! I would love to see a companion dressed in gold/butter armor. Well it's likely that even if we get all the map pieces, the armada will just follow and ambush us there. Like for the main goal we could have to stop Kane from getting to the center of El Dorado, which holds the most destruction energy. If Kane gets to it, we are doomed for certain.

PS: Sentence 3 was someone else's idea

'"Who are you?! Surrender or feel the wrath of El Toro!" x plays El Toro music x

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Spiral Cowboy on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
Well there had better be cake there waiting for us. Twinkies are golden. Think about it.That's all I have to say. There better be cake.

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme
And twinkies are immortal too... they never decay

But back to speculation... I envision El Dorado rather like Shangri-La, the mystical city of legend set high in the Himalayas (which is practically as remote as far as pre-20th C. transportation goes as a bouncing storm-gate). I think that everything being made of gold is more of a 'myth', on the order of 'I am going to make my fortune in America/London/Venice etc. where the streets are paved with gold!' But there may indeed be shocking quantities of gold there.

Gortez, in his mad rant atop his golden throne before you defeat him, raves that the ancient Aztecans drew gold down from the stars, or something like that. And just because he was mad, doesn't mean he didn't know a piece of the truth. A connection between the element gold and cosmic forces, perhaps? Perhaps there is something like a Stonehenge, but the huge standing stones made of pure gold. How does this interact with cosmic forces? Probably in a benevolent way for the people of El Dorado, but like anything tremendously powerful, could be devastatingly destructive as well.

As for the people, I like to imagine that they are wise and benevolent, hospitable folk who live in peace and harmony. Perhaps they will feed us cake. But who knows...

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
I have seen Marco Pollo's letter to Ambrose (it's the minor reward to the same map that had the ninja pig code). In the letter he warns that El Dorado is not a peaceful and happy place. Pollo and his crew nearly died at El Dorado. The island does indeed contain more gold (actual gold, not a metaphor) than anyone can imagine, however, it is a tomb. What exactly is there and what happened to that caused the fall of the civilization that lived there is unknown. All that we know so far is that something at El Dorado is powerful enough that it is a danger to the entire Spiral.

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
2 things: lots of clockworks and your parent's ghosts.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Armorclad Coyote on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
I have seen Marco Pollo's letter to Ambrose (it's the minor reward to the same map that had the ninja pig code). In the letter he warns that El Dorado is not a peaceful and happy place. Pollo and his crew nearly died at El Dorado. The island does indeed contain more gold (actual gold, not a metaphor) than anyone can imagine, however, it is a tomb. What exactly is there and what happened to that caused the fall of the civilization that lived there is unknown. All that we know so far is that something at El Dorado is powerful enough that it is a danger to the entire Spiral.
And didn't it also say that " Krokotopia and Azteca are nothing compaired to this" (and azteca is considered the oldest world of them all!)? I always remember dialogue from Egg Fu Youg warning us about it. I think that there are things there that were not ment to be meddled with. We all know that the Stormgate had been set adrift for a reason. Maybe the wealth was too great to just leave it there, maybe there is something powerful enough to endanger the Spiral. Either way I question just blindly waltzing into it without truly understanding it.

With great Caution,

Impish Omar Underwood

What you ask for is not Natural!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Sneaky Assassin on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:

I have been noticing something though about el dorado. The people that have been to el dorado on Marco pollos crew (egg foo yung, Erika the red, Argos, catbeard, our mother, and Clark) egg foo yung and Argos have said that el dorado is a realm of dangers and evils and were concerned abut it. So then I was thinking maybe el dorado is not we think it is? Their could be monsters their, evil creatures, or something bad in el dorado why would Argos and egg say el dorado is a dangerous place we will find out...

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
are parents will be there and probably and incredibly hard demon/god boss In the center that our pirates ( which are children) will have to fight, seems legit

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
If you saw my post about the Sky Squid in Aquila to a mysterious stormgate I think that leads to El Dorado. Remember someone said that a strong power lurks in El Dorado. It would be awesome to fight the legendary creature. I also hope the battle music will be fantastic. If that really is the stormgate to El Dorado. But that would be too much. I also think your parents are in there. Because they said find their grave in El Dorado. Egg Fo Yung might be there because he dies. Also Marco Pollo, Erika The Red, maybe Argos will follow you there. But there is one problem. Who is your father? I think Marco might be the father. It's just a theory. But if we do go to El Dorado and the squid isn't there.......what is in there?

Uncover the truth.
Sneaky JonathanLv44

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Guys. I think I know something else interesting. I just read the Secret Code Message. Marco said he would devote his life to never let anyone come in there again. I think that Marco somehow stayed in there. Then other people in the spiral thought he was dead. So he also might have tried to shut the stormgate but forced everyone else out of the stormgate. You're mother and father (Maybe it's Marco it's a hunch.) Probably left and got killed later. But they say they are in El Dorado. So this could mean the mother probably stayed with Marco. Then suddenly got killed. (For the orphan thing you picked.) Then you went with (Whoever you picked for the orphan thing.) When they sent the crew out of the stormgate. The only flaw of my theory is that how would the crew hear about them dying? My only question is. Was Marco in the Bruno Chapel. I couldn't see him. Maybe my two theories are wrong. I mean why would they put a map piece in his tomb when he isn't there? R.I.P Treasure Map. xD

We shall uncover the secrets!
Sneaky Jonathan

Ensign
Nov 28, 2008
I feel El Dorado will be robbed nearly completely of all the gold it once had and our journey will turn from finding El Dorado to finding... El! (Toro!) Dorado!