Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

References you'd like to see

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Hello pirates, today I made a dark chocolate cake with peanut butter filling, and milk chocolate icing with some raspberries edging the cake... (Beautifulmonkey knows what I mean ) and I also made some Moolong tea. I paid a visit to Hamamitsu earlier.

So, if you could see any reference to anything be added to the game, what would it be? I, personally, would LOVE to see a "This... Is... SPARTA!" reference, maybe being, "This... Is.... AQUILAAA!"

Ciao!

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
Not so much movie references but some good character references would be nice.
Captain Hook would be a prime example.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
I would love to see more Monty Python and Mel Brooks references. I just love those movies.

we are the pirates who say ni!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
i'd love to see an alexander the great reference, you know he created one of the largest empires.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Undead Obeah: Don't konw if you have ever played KI's other game, Wizard101, but the realm of Avalon is packed with Monty Python references - mostly to MP and the Holy Grail, naturally.

-Indigo

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Ooh! Harry Potter before the annual professional Quiditch match: "I love magic."

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Maybe put the frogfather in the next chapter

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Pirates of the Caribbean... I feel that they've probably already done an reference to it, but if not, then I want one! Or at the very least, a main companion named Sparrow Jack (or something along those lines), who's just as crazy as Captain Jack Sparrow from the movie

Captain
May 16, 2011
Personally, I'd like to see as many references to Shakespeare. I remember that someone mentioned that Hawkules used a reference to Shakespeare which was something like, "All right, you rude mechanicals!" Many references to Shakespeare would be appreciated, KI

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
As long as it is a reference to star wars i will be satisfied

Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
Maybe a reference to... The Walking Dead? I would love to see that. And, no, I know there's a whole area full of the dead. I mean a world where most of the people have been bitten and turned into zombies. Or maybe a reference to the first cut scene of The Last of Us. That was really good.

Captain
May 16, 2011
RiverWhooshP101 on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
Maybe a reference to... The Walking Dead? I would love to see that. And, no, I know there's a whole area full of the dead. I mean a world where most of the people have been bitten and turned into zombies. Or maybe a reference to the first cut scene of The Last of Us. That was really good.
It's a good idea.... but I don't know if many people would like it......but still, good idea.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
RiverWhooshP101 on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
I love it! I'm not sure what Thunderchu9801 was talking about. I think lots of people would enjoy that reference (and it's a new world). I think Thunder may had been worried about the 'younger audience' in the game, but we had to face scary creatures before that freaked even me out (and i'm in High School)! An example probably being that dungeon filled with those dead, mutated Monquistadors! And if that wasn't creepy enough, when you finally killed them, a hand from... "the underworld"... would suddenly grab for their bones, while their spirits went to heaven. And to the other half, their skulls would fly off their bodies and land, rolling next to their bones.

As creepy as that was, I still liked it. I like this idea as well, that's for sure. I would love to see it added to the game! Us saving the few people/animals that weren't bitten yet and possibly adding a few to the crew! Epic idea, if you ask me (almost as good as the one The Outlander Fox pitched about the dark, carnival-styled world that has circus rides and is filled with danger )

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Indigo Ring on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
Undead Obeah: Don't konw if you have ever played KI's other game, Wizard101, but the realm of Avalon is packed with Monty Python references - mostly to MP and the Holy Grail, naturally.

-Indigo
Actually, I do play Wizard 101. However, I am only at Dragonspire so I haven't yet made it there. But thanks for telling me that.

Good luck in the Spiral!

Impish Omar Underwood

Captain
May 16, 2011
Bloody Belle on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
I love it! I'm not sure what Thunderchu9801 was talking about. I think lots of people would enjoy that reference (and it's a new world). I think Thunder may had been worried about the 'younger audience' in the game, but we had to face scary creatures before that freaked even me out (and i'm in High School)! An example probably being that dungeon filled with those dead, mutated Monquistadors! And if that wasn't creepy enough, when you finally killed them, a hand from... "the underworld"... would suddenly grab for their bones, while their spirits went to heaven. And to the other half, their skulls would fly off their bodies and land, rolling next to their bones.

As creepy as that was, I still liked it. I like this idea as well, that's for sure. I would love to see it added to the game! Us saving the few people/animals that weren't bitten yet and possibly adding a few to the crew! Epic idea, if you ask me (almost as good as the one The Outlander Fox pitched about the dark, carnival-styled world that has circus rides and is filled with danger )
Well, yeah. But I do agree with you, that would be pretty cool idea if we saw The Walking Dead references.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
KI has already included Barkeley Square in the Isle of Dogs which is a reference to Berkeley Square in London. What I would love to see is a reference to number 50 Berkeley Square, a notoriously haunted house. There have been several stories and novellas written in the late 1800's and early 1900's about 50 Berkeley Square. I just think it could be used for an awesome quest line in Marleybone.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CdeWinter on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
KI has already included Barkeley Square in the Isle of Dogs which is a reference to Berkeley Square in London. What I would love to see is a reference to number 50 Berkeley Square, a notoriously haunted house. There have been several stories and novellas written in the late 1800's and early 1900's about 50 Berkeley Square. I just think it could be used for an awesome quest line in Marleybone.
I am unfamiliar with those stories, Mademoiselle Scarlet, and I am interested in 18th & 19th C.literature. Do you have any of the titles on hand? Sounds like an excellent idea of yours.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
I am unfamiliar with those stories, Mademoiselle Scarlet, and I am interested in 18th & 19th C.literature. Do you have any of the titles on hand? Sounds like an excellent idea of yours.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
The most well known one I can think of is The Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing But the Truth by Rhoda Broughton. It was a part of her Tales for Christmas Eve published in 1873.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
I just decided I need to see a sheep boss or NPC named Miranda Lamb-ert. XD (Best. Country Singer. Ever.) or a group of bosses named the Pistol Annes. XD

Ciao!

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
I just decided I need to see a sheep boss or NPC named Miranda Lamb-ert. XD (Best. Country Singer. Ever.) or a group of bosses named the Pistol Annes. XD

Ciao!
How about a white snow fox named The Village Highlander

I would love to get a snow fox whenever we're in Polaris... but the name itself would be an extra kick of awesome

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Bloody Belle on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
How about a white snow fox named The Village Highlander

I would love to get a snow fox whenever we're in Polaris... but the name itself would be an extra kick of awesome
I would die of happiness.

Ciao!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
I would die of happiness.

Ciao!
Arctic Foxes are even more awesome when seen in the wild.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
CdeWinter on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Arctic Foxes are even more awesome when seen in the wild.
Arctic foxes are one of my favorite animals! I would LOVE to see KI add one to the game as a main companion (if not, then how about a side quest for us Swashbucklers here ).

Okay, let's be fair (i have four other accounts under different classes ). Let's make him a companions ALL classes can get

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Bloody Belle on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Arctic foxes are one of my favorite animals! I would LOVE to see KI add one to the game as a main companion (if not, then how about a side quest for us Swashbucklers here ).

Okay, let's be fair (i have four other accounts under different classes ). Let's make him a companions ALL classes can get
Or her. I love foxes, all of them, if my name did not entail so. If it was named the Village Highlander, I promise I'd be so happy.

Ciao!

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Or her. I love foxes, all of them, if my name did not entail so. If it was named the Village Highlander, I promise I'd be so happy.

Ciao!
I'd think it'll be a good salute for all you've done for the Message Boards and their FanFiction site (they sure would be boring without you ). Perhaps make him/her an Archer warrior, covered in Armor with a few battle scars here and there. He/she having a knife sticking out of their boot, ready to grab if ever they lost his/her Bow and Arrow in a battle. We can get him/her as a side or main quest in either Polaris or maybe even Wintertusk (assuming there will be a Wintertusk whenever we get to Grizzleheim)...

Hmm... what kind of accent should they have..?