Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

first five years...?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
Why?

I feel that in this game your pirate should have aged some so... This may sound weird but what if your pirate, like the very first thing they remember in their life then, is just getting locked up by armada? not a good thing is it?

Zane level 64

Community Leader
So... your saying we were apparently 5-6 years old when locked up by the Armada?

Key here is "FIRST" 5 years of your life. As long as I remember who my family is, I probably wouldnt miss much here, as I cannot even remember that much of those first 5 years. ( a glimpse of a birthday, an excited christmas morning... but its all pretty foggy now as an adult) LOL

Then again, from my perspective, I am an old old pirate, that clean spiral air does wonders to keep us looking young! ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
If I'm not mistaken, it was from some sort of Story Thread someone started a while back. I think it was under a pirate's life. It was under the first one, not the second, but Blind Mew answered someone's question about this question. He said somewhere along the lines that there's more to the story than meets the eyes. We may had forgotten our first five years, but that will just add to the story as we go...

I'm sorry if I'm confusing you, my friend. I'm trying hard here to remember what he said, for it's been a while since I've last read a post from him, but I believe there will be a point where we can go back to the place we were raised and that may bring back some memories... Like some sort of quest our companion, that knew our parents, will give...

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
There is a thread in this section, "Childhood Given Up for an Answer", which you may find helpful, Zane, as this question is discussed at length, and a lot of important information given by the author, Blind Mew. As most people have their first memories around age 2, this means your pirate won't remember life with his or her parents, as it seems they were killed somewhere around the time your pirate was between the age of 5-7. You will remember life with your foster family, and you would have more memories of that time anyway, simply being an older child. All those memories of middle childhood and early teen years are still with you. But the tender memories of a small child are gone. It's sad; it's painful -- it's supposed to be. It is also important both in the development of our character and as a plot device. (Read Blind Mew's explanation, and you will see).

Then, the question asked by your companions (Bonnie Anne, I think): 5 years for one answer? But that is how myths and folklore work. They may exact their price, but the keepers of the wisdom will give you exactly what you need, no more, no less, whether it is 3 enchanted nuts ('East of the Sun and West of the Moon') or a single answer... which in the end, is of course all you needed.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Wow Anne I just noticed that your yarrs are higher than your posts. That is for sure the proof of the pudding of the quality of your hand and the wisdom that you impart to us is Very appreciated. Well done MiLady Anne. x Hands a cold tankard of yum and a plate of Emma's best hawklava and a specially decorated cake with your favorite rose scented icing. You are highly valued here on the boards and in the library and now it shows for all to see.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
Dr Zeppers on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
So... your saying we were apparently 5-6 years old when locked up by the Armada?

Key here is "FIRST" 5 years of your life. As long as I remember who my family is, I probably wouldnt miss much here, as I cannot even remember that much of those first 5 years. ( a glimpse of a birthday, an excited christmas morning... but its all pretty foggy now as an adult) LOL

Then again, from my perspective, I am an old old pirate, that clean spiral air does wonders to keep us looking young! ;)
No i'm saying maybe we lost our parents when we were that age

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
Wow Anne I just noticed that your yarrs are higher than your posts. That is for sure the proof of the pudding of the quality of your hand and the wisdom that you impart to us is Very appreciated. Well done MiLady Anne. x Hands a cold tankard of yum and a plate of Emma's best hawklava and a specially decorated cake with your favorite rose scented icing. You are highly valued here on the boards and in the library and now it shows for all to see.
*Blushing, looks very embarrassed, then sees sweets* "Ooo! I love hawklava! And the cake! It's so beautiful! I almost hate to eat it -- share it with me, please!" Gives Chrissy a big hug. "You are always so kind to me, and to everyone on these message boards."

(And I don't think I'm actually very wise, but I appreciate the compliment! )

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Mark: I was four when my parents died. So...maybe I can still remember my foster parent's memories. About Lt. Makahem, the marketplace, the ongoing civil war...

Oswald: Do you want your parent's ghosts to be summoned to remind you of the memories?

Mark: Of course!

Oswald: KATE AND JACK LAVEER! HEAR ME!

Kate Laveer: Son, find Cao Tzu in Subata! Call the Golden Stormgate!

Oswald: That's from my promotion.

Jack Laveer: Fine, I know when I copy dialogue.

Oswald: That's my catchphrase. All I want is for you to remind Mark of his first five years of life.

(One hour of talking later)

Mark: That was easy.

Gaspard: My head is spinning with nostalgia like a weekend in heaven!

Mark: That's from Guiness World Records Gamer's Edition.

Gaspard: Fine, I know when I copy dialogue.

Oswald: YOU DID IT AGAIN!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
*Blushing, looks very embarrassed, then sees sweets* "Ooo! I love hawklava! And the cake! It's so beautiful! I almost hate to eat it -- share it with me, please!" Gives Chrissy a big hug. "You are always so kind to me, and to everyone on these message boards."

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Aww thank you So much Anne. x Returns hug x . x Sits down to enjoy fantastic treats with a fantastic friend x. Thank you for your kind compliments to me also. In the great scrolls that I follow it says that "It is better to bless than to curse" and that "Laughter is a great medicine", so I came up with my signature "Blessings & Giggles On Ya". I have seen again and again how much joy is spread when you compliment someone for doing something well, or for even trying hard, no matter the outcome. The fact that you do not see yourself as wise just confirms how wise and not prideful you truly are. As Aslan says to Prince Caspian: "If you had felt yourself sufficient, it would have been a proof that you were not"

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
I can't agree more with Chrissy. Anne, you're better to have around than all the gold in Marleybone! Which is saying something, coming from a pirate! I also made some cupcakes... -gestures to chocolate, salted caramel filled and milk chocolate icing frosted cupcakes- oh, and have some Aquilan Mountain Tea.

-hugs- You are wise, look at your amazing vocabulary, knowledgeable posts, etc. Anne, lemme just say you're awesome.

Ciao!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
I can't agree more with Chrissy. Anne, you're better to have around than all the gold in Marleybone! Which is saying something, coming from a pirate! I also made some cupcakes... -gestures to chocolate, salted caramel filled and milk chocolate icing frosted cupcakes- oh, and have some Aquilan Mountain Tea.

-hugs- You are wise, look at your amazing vocabulary, knowledgeable posts, etc. Anne, lemme just say you're awesome.

Ciao!
Oh My Goodness O.o Chocolate & salted caramel cupcakes. . These are so good my toes are curling. . I will take the tea to go and would love an ice cold glass of milk with these. Will you adopt me?

Ensign
Mar 26, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:

Ciao!
What is with the increase of food posts and tea lately! You have any Crapes?

P.S. We need to get back on topic people!

Cass Underwood Lvl 65
Ryan Underwood Lvl 23
Andrew Underwood Lvl 11
Brandon Underwood Lvl 8

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
Oh My Goodness O.o Chocolate & salted caramel cupcakes. . These are so good my toes are curling. . I will take the tea to go and would love an ice cold glass of milk with these. Will you adopt me?
-hands three cupcakes, a glass of tea and some milk- There ya go.

Ciao!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Lol x does happy dance x . I am set for a long time now on goodies. At least an hour . I have loved these since I was a little ki..........Um, I thought I loved these from way back. But.....How do I know that and why can't I remember someone making them for me. Ow my head hurts, I Know I should know how I love these. Annie? What is going on? x Looks confused and a little scared x

Ensign
Feb 14, 2013
MightySwashbuckler... on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
Why?

I feel that in this game your pirate should have aged some so... This may sound weird but what if your pirate, like the very first thing they remember in their life then, is just getting locked up by armada? not a good thing is it?

Zane level 64
i feel like my pirate aged too... its like a OLD pirate now its a level 66 that i feel the level is a age.... and its all about the armada how you got locked up and your parents died :( but now.... i think the armada killed my in game pirate101 parents and now my pirate seeks VENEGANCE! - Charming Coraline Ainsley level (or age ) 65

Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
what if i had 2 more questions my entire life would have been erased how do they remember their names.

william level 65

Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
it would be cool if it was like a flash back or something.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
truesaviorofthespi... on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
what if i had 2 more questions my entire life would have been erased how do they remember their names.

william level 65
Not your entire life, just your first five years of life (which makes me assume I was 'orphaned' around the age of 4). Even though you don't remember HOW your parents died, you still remember what you had for breakfast that morning. You still remember your companions. Your name. MOST of your life...

Hahah, joke's on the gatekeeper though (whatever his name was that took my memories). The Armada hit me so hard on the head when they abducted me from my foster parents, I had already forgotten most of my childhood anyways Muhahahah!!! *can't touch this dance *

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
my pirates name is Robert, and I found a book that's called Roberts memoir, and all that's in it is a bunch of pictures of bears, I think it looks like grizzlehiem