Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay II!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Mar 09, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
(OOC obviously) Our forums have a very difficult time when copying and pasting from word processing programs and even from cross posting from other sites like Pirate101 Central. We try to catch most of these, but they occasionally slip through. I've edited your post above, but if I may make a recommendation . . . try pasting your text into Notepad first, and then again from Notepad into our forums to remove any HTML or Word Processing formatting code that may be hiding in the background.
Hehe, yes obviously OOC thanks Jack! Good gosh, I thought I had done something wrong. XD Thanks for clearing that up for me, i'll try notepad next time (Or actually using this program!)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
[OOC: Hmm. Elizabeth's action took place much faster than I expected, which is fine, but I need to wait and see what to do next. Certainly very dramatic! Okay, Elizabeth, which scenario do we go after?
(a) The double Lizzies in the prison cell - which if we don't figure it out fast, all that commotion will draw the Armada... if it hasn't done so already.

(b) The rescue of a Lizzie, which considering how easy it was to get to her (though the pirates would not realize that, attributing their success to their excellent scouting and patience) could well be the wrong one. This would delay the denoument of discovering the clockwork 'fetch' (that's what Charlotte would call it), the evil double, drawing out the plot a bit. You'd probably be playing the evil double for a bit, Elizabeth, and then action would split to both of them. Your encounter between the two Lizzies in the prison cell would still work excellently in the story line, but then there would be separation between the false and the true before the rescue party arrives on the scene... and perhaps is bamboozled by the false one (who would guess? This is not a clockwork like the others).
If you do this one, Elizabeth, consider the offering of food as a test, though Charlotte does so unintentionally (she's been a prisoner of the Armada, she knows you will need sustenance after days to walk out of there). How does the false Lizzie deal with food?

So, your call. We can do a bit of revisionist history to omit or incorporate bits, and continue...
I think we should go with (a) but i'm waiting for Keira to respond to Elizabeth's plea of the coin. I'm not sure what to do next! I feel as if i've changed to plot too much and kinda regret putting up that post about Lizzy getting captured... You're call, Anne and Highlander Fox!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
CdeWinter on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
(OOC:I guess I'm going backwards a bit for Scarlet here.)

Scarlet decided to take just a pistol from Emma and slipped it into a hidden pocket in her dress.

"Adieu, Emma, and please don't tell the others I'm a pirate just yet, I have a feeling you will be needing a distraction soon." Scarlet whispered to Emma then quietly turned away from the group and began casually walking away down the diserted corridors. Trusting that the Armada Captain had not yet time to reveal Scarlet's identity, and using the commotion at the docks as cover, Scarlet calmly climbed into a gondola and crossed over to the main docks.

With none of the Armada paying any attention to her, Scarlet boarded one of the many small ships that the common Valencian people used as transports, and began to sail away in the direction of Captain Steed's Villa.

(OOC: Anybody may join Scarlet in her upcoming distraction, but I really think it should be a very small group, smaller than the rescue party.)
Emma nodded. "It was nice to see ya again, Scarlet." The blonde winked and offered a smile. She remembered the chaos with the tea leaves and all the, err, fun they had.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
Charlotte passed out once she saw the two Lizzies together, and Keira wretched. Only Mormo didn't have a major reaction, but instead he froze and stared at both Lizzies with fear and shock.

“I'm the real Elizabeth!” Both Lizzies said at the same time. They turned towards each other sharply and angrily. “No, I'm the real Elizabeth! No, I am!” Dangit! Human Lizzy thought. She knows everything that I would do, and is copying it! “Keira, it's me!” Both Lizzies said. Keira was getting more and more confused, as was Mormo, and Human Lizzy was getting really upset. Both Lizzies screamed in anger. What is something that only I would say?

Charlotte passed out once she saw the two Lizzies together, and Keira wretched. Only Mormo didn't have a major reaction, but instead he froze and stared at both Lizzies with fear and shock.

“I'm the real Elizabeth!” Both Lizzies said at the same time. They turned towards each other sharply and angrily. “No, I'm the real Elizabeth! No, I am!” Dangit! Human Lizzy thought. She knows everything that I would do, and is copying it! “Keira, it's me!” Both Lizzies said. Keira was getting more and more confused, as was Mormo, and Human Lizzy was getting really upset. Both Lizzies screamed in anger. What is something that only I would say?

“Long live The Golden Gryphon Crew! Long live The Resistance!” Human Lizzy shouted. It would have worked, if Clockwork Lizzy hadn't said it too. Both Lizzies looked near tears, and both let out another cry of exasperation. There was no winning against this imposter!

Both Lizzies cut each other sharply on the right shoulder. Although Human Lizzy was searing with pain, she knew this would happen. She looked at Keira fleetingly and pointed at the clockwork. “See! No blood! No... no blood...” but there was indeed blood from Clockwork Lizzy, which made no sense at all. Lizzy wasn't used to seeing blood... and this made her feel utterly queasy... both Lizzies wretched. How was this possible? Clockwork Lizzy wasn't Human Lizzy! She shouldn't have been throwing up, or making blood!

Both Lizzies stood up straight once more, panting, and looking defeated. They took in a deep breath and concentrated their Chi to be pure once more. Both Lizzies looked relaxed again. “Keira.” they duo said. “The coin.”

OOC: Your turn. Good luck! I know I left you in a little bit of a tight spot, but it's tight for me too. I don't really know what to do next. I'm excited to see what you guys do with it!
Keira stared in disbelief, and held both hands over the coin. She was utterly confused. Which one was real and which one wasn't? Knowing herself she'd end up picking the wrong one. There was only one way to figure it out....

The black haired girl took out her staff. She glared at both Lizzies, murmuring an apology to whichever one was real, and the purple gem that turned within the branchy grasp of the top of the staff spun faster, glowing brighter, and Keira's eyes glowing too. The Witchdoctor's intention was visible currently - she was trying to use an identification spell. Moments later, she narrowed her eyes in confusion. "What in the Spiral?" She exclaimed in utter disbelief. The spell didn't work.

She was still pondering, hoping there was a way to tell the difference. Mormo, however, had observed both the Lizzies. He remembered, back at the battle in the library, that the Armada seemed to flinch uncomfortably when near magic. During Keira's spell, one of the Lizzies had been trying to hide that fact that she didn't like the magic Keira was using. Or seemed to.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
Keira stared in disbelief, and held both hands over the coin. She was utterly confused. Which one was real and which one wasn't? Knowing herself she'd end up picking the wrong one. There was only one way to figure it out....

The black haired girl took out her staff. She glared at both Lizzies, murmuring an apology to whichever one was real, and the purple gem that turned within the branchy grasp of the top of the staff spun faster, glowing brighter, and Keira's eyes glowing too. The Witchdoctor's intention was visible currently - she was trying to use an identification spell. Moments later, she narrowed her eyes in confusion. "What in the Spiral?" She exclaimed in utter disbelief. The spell didn't work.

She was still pondering, hoping there was a way to tell the difference. Mormo, however, had observed both the Lizzies. He remembered, back at the battle in the library, that the Armada seemed to flinch uncomfortably when near magic. During Keira's spell, one of the Lizzies had been trying to hide that fact that she didn't like the magic Keira was using. Or seemed to.
[OOC: (a) it is then . Only, one change as revisionist history: Charlotte doesn't faint. She will be shocked, and momentarily indecisive, but for all her gentleness, she's made of pretty tough stuff)

Seeing Kiera's confusion, Charlotte laid a gentle hand on her arm. "Save your strength," she murmured quietly to Kiera. Charlotte turned her attention to the two Lizzies. "We have no time to argue about which one of you is the true Elizabeth, here," she informed them coolly. "The Armada guards are going to be back on the loop any moment now. You will both come with us, and --my apologies to the real Elizabeth-- both under guard."

Charlotte's usually gentle, pensive face took on a cold expression. "If one of you should alert the guards, then we will certainly know who the false Elizabeth is. You will not survive betrayal." Then her expression softened again, and she pulled out the flask of water and bag of bread and pemmican she had brought to succor the unfortunate prisoner. She gave one of the Lizzies the flask of water, and quickly divided the food between each. "Here. I don't know which of you is my friend, but she will need this. I am sorry, but you will have to eat what you can on the run. We have to leave, now." She nodded to Kiera, Mormo, and the other pirate captains [if there are any right now], and pulled open the cell door.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
I think we should go with (a) but i'm waiting for Keira to respond to Elizabeth's plea of the coin. I'm not sure what to do next! I feel as if i've changed to plot too much and kinda regret putting up that post about Lizzy getting captured... You're call, Anne and Highlander Fox!
OOC: No, don't regret it -- it's good! And, if I'm not being too bold to suggest it, the way you introduced your plot was a good model for these Message Board stories:

1) You introduced the action in the same time and place as the other characters

2) You gave the other characters a chance to react before continuing on

3) You didn't interrupt the existing plot in a way that would fragment what was already going on.

In fact, you introduced your plot very nicely as the 'Library' sequence was wrapping up. I was anticipating the characters figuring out how to get out with the Armada flagship in the way! Your twist was a surprise, and everybody loves surprise plot twists that work (and it does ).

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
OOC: No, don't regret it -- it's good! And, if I'm not being too bold to suggest it, the way you introduced your plot was a good model for these Message Board stories:

1) You introduced the action in the same time and place as the other characters

2) You gave the other characters a chance to react before continuing on

3) You didn't interrupt the existing plot in a way that would fragment what was already going on.

In fact, you introduced your plot very nicely as the 'Library' sequence was wrapping up. I was anticipating the characters figuring out how to get out with the Armada flagship in the way! Your twist was a surprise, and everybody loves surprise plot twists that work (and it does ).
OOC: Aw, now you made me feel all special and stuff! *blush and grin* I'm so glad you guys liked it, I was worried I had ruined some ultimate plan, but I guess I just kept the story going. :D Awesomeness! Thanks, Anne!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
[OOC: (a) it is then . Only, one change as revisionist history: Charlotte doesn't faint. She will be shocked, and momentarily indecisive, but for all her gentleness, she's made of pretty tough stuff)

Seeing Kiera's confusion, Charlotte laid a gentle hand on her arm. "Save your strength," she murmured quietly to Kiera. Charlotte turned her attention to the two Lizzies. "We have no time to argue about which one of you is the true Elizabeth, here," she informed them coolly. "The Armada guards are going to be back on the loop any moment now. You will both come with us, and --my apologies to the real Elizabeth-- both under guard."

Charlotte's usually gentle, pensive face took on a cold expression. "If one of you should alert the guards, then we will certainly know who the false Elizabeth is. You will not survive betrayal." Then her expression softened again, and she pulled out the flask of water and bag of bread and pemmican she had brought to succor the unfortunate prisoner. She gave one of the Lizzies the flask of water, and quickly divided the food between each. "Here. I don't know which of you is my friend, but she will need this. I am sorry, but you will have to eat what you can on the run. We have to leave, now." She nodded to Kiera, Mormo, and the other pirate captains [if there are any right now], and pulled open the cell door.
Keira still kept a forced smile. Though her eyes uncovered fear, confusion, and anger. "So, um, we have to get out of here, right?" She asked. The Witchdoctor still turned to face any sound besides them with staff at the ready for attack, even if it was just a squeak. This place was making her paranoid. Mormo was also worried, but not for anyone except his captain. The fact that a clockwork was amongst them also made him nervous. At any minute the clockwork could attack them all.

"Under guard you say?" Keira asked. "I'll guard this one." The black haired girl held her staff to the back of the clockwork, not knowing if it was her though. "My apologies if you're the real Lizzy...."

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
(OOC: Right, so, the rescue party has both Lizzies and are now trying to get out of the armada fortress, Time, I think, for Scarlet's distraction.)

A dull explosion was heard echoing from within a nearby storm cloud. At first the clockworks took it only as thunder, until the first cannon ball smashed into the side of the armada fortress.

A flag emerged first, waving in the rain wracked sky, a blue cross on a white field. Then, slowly a marleybonean galleon rode out from the storm bank, it's prow still darkenend with mist and it's masts glowing with St. Elmo's fire. It was a sight that even made the clockworks stop in their tracks for a moment.

Scarlet stood on the bowsprit, holding onto the ropes behind her and leaning precariously over the edge of her ship the Jolly Rover.
"Double shot the cannons, canister and solid shot! Aim for their gun ports!" Scarlet called out her orders without looking behind her knowing her crew would follow her every word. All except Ratbeard and El Torro who were busy hauling up the magic lantern they had salvaged from the Beachhead in Marleybone.

Subodai who had been with Scarlet the longest skillfully guided the Jolly Rover closer to the Fortress enabeling the ships guns to fire at a closer range. The Jolly Rover's cannons fired faster than those of the armada fortress which gave Scarlet a slight advantage, though she knew her ship stood no chance in a long battle, but Scarlet only wanted to cause a distraction.

The solid shot tore through the canister shot causing the smaller balls to scatter in a cloud of metal punching through the sides of the fortress and taking out multiple clockworks at once. The larger solid shot smashed into the Armada's cannons knocking them off of their carriages and making the entire fortress shake.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
Keira still kept a forced smile. Though her eyes uncovered fear, confusion, and anger. "So, um, we have to get out of here, right?" She asked. The Witchdoctor still turned to face any sound besides them with staff at the ready for attack, even if it was just a squeak. This place was making her paranoid. Mormo was also worried, but not for anyone except his captain. The fact that a clockwork was amongst them also made him nervous. At any minute the clockwork could attack them all.

"Under guard you say?" Keira asked. "I'll guard this one." The black haired girl held her staff to the back of the clockwork, not knowing if it was her though. "My apologies if you're the real Lizzy...."
[OOC: I have been assuming that there were other pirates with Kiera and Charlotte, but if this is not the case, we should have at least one more character on board for the rescue mission -- it needed to be small, but 3 people is perhaps a bit too small. Kiera, that could be another of your companions, or Charlotte's companion, Egg Shen. We'll see how things go...]

Charlotte tucked her head back into the cell after a quick look about. "The corridor between the cells is clear. Let's go." She moved back a step to murmur quietly to Kiera. "I'm going to go in front and be the scout. Stay towards the back and keep an eye on both of them." Then turning her attention to Mormo, "Keep an eye on Kiera; protect her." The dark eyes of the brave Water-Mole brightened, glad to be given a command to do exactly what he wanted to do anyway.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:

Human Lizzy breathed a sigh of relief. She'd definitely not rather have a witchdoctor at her back, literally or figuratively. She looked at Clockwork Lizzy and noticed that she flinched rather hard when Kiera's magic staff touched her back. She hoped other people noticed it too.
Lizzy uncharacteristically stuffed all of the food that Charlotte had given her into her mouth, and nearly swallowed the whole thing. As soon as she was done, she spoke. "Excellent idea. Thank you for taking precautions, it is perfectly understandable and I very thoroughly appreciate you guys rescuing me, even though we just met a few days ago." Human Lizzy hugged first Keira, then Charlotte. "Let's get out of here, please. We've rotted here long enough."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
(OOC: Oh, very nice Scarlet! and I love the description of 'St Elmo's fire', the naval preparations... and the comic relief of Ratbeard and El Toro making plans to preserve the battle action for posterity -- or at least to watch later!)

As Charlotte reached the end of the cell block corridor to look out into the main corridor, she felt the ground beneath her feet rock violently, causing her to take a moment to regain her balance. An alarm clanged, reverberating off the steel plate walls, the frequencies and volume very painful to human ears. Charlotte, a musician, was more sensitive than most, and stumbled, clasping her hands to her ears.

As she fought to control the painful sensation and get on with the rescue, the station again rocked and the sound of a muffled explosion added to the clamor. Armada soldiers calmly marched away from the main corridors, following orders shouted with cold discipline that could be clearly heard even above all the racket. In a moment, Charlotte estimated, the main corridor would be clear of the soldiers that were presently marching to the upper levels.

"Looks like someone is attacking this battle station," Charlotte commented. "Good. Let's use this diversion and get out of here before this station is destroyed, and then, good riddance to the Armada!"

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: Oh, very nice Scarlet! and I love the description of 'St Elmo's fire', the naval preparations... and the comic relief of Ratbeard and El Toro making plans to preserve the battle action for posterity -- or at least to watch later!)

As Charlotte reached the end of the cell block corridor to look out into the main corridor, she felt the ground beneath her feet rock violently, causing her to take a moment to regain her balance. An alarm clanged, reverberating off the steel plate walls, the frequencies and volume very painful to human ears. Charlotte, a musician, was more sensitive than most, and stumbled, clasping her hands to her ears.

As she fought to control the painful sensation and get on with the rescue, the station again rocked and the sound of a muffled explosion added to the clamor. Armada soldiers calmly marched away from the main corridors, following orders shouted with cold discipline that could be clearly heard even above all the racket. In a moment, Charlotte estimated, the main corridor would be clear of the soldiers that were presently marching to the upper levels.

"Looks like someone is attacking this battle station," Charlotte commented. "Good. Let's use this diversion and get out of here before this station is destroyed, and then, good riddance to the Armada!"
"Yes, let's get out of here..." Keira murmured. She continued on, hoping that whoever was assaulting the battle station was an ally rather than not. She kept a curse ready to be thrown as the small group walked on with the two Lizzies. "I hope we manage to get out of here."

"Mormo agrees."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
(OOC: Elizabeth, is the evil clockwork twin going to do anything prior to our escape from the Armada battle station? Were I her, it would probably be a good idea as here she has allies, even though it would be risky since she is under guard. However, here she is under guard by very few, and probably enough diversion going on (or she can create one) to scatter attention. You can decide if then she wants to (a) escape -- leaving a clockwork Lizzie somewhere around in Valencia, a very dangerous thing; (b) attack and seek the recapture of the real Lizzie, now with the bonus of capturing her friends (gulp!); (c) escape briefly and return with reinforcements for more assured success of (b); (d) something else!

Or she might decide to bluff it out and hope that the real Lizzie is the one believed to be a clockwork, and take her place. That would be extremely risky with both Elizabeths side by side, unless she has something she believes will 'prove' the true Lizzie is the false one, duping us all.

So, your call Elizabeth. If the evil clockwork twin makes no move, with Scarlet's diversion we have an excellent chance of escaping without drawing attention of the Armada...)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: Elizabeth, is the evil clockwork twin going to do anything prior to our escape from the Armada battle station? Were I her, it would probably be a good idea as here she has allies, even though it would be risky since she is under guard. However, here she is under guard by very few, and probably enough diversion going on (or she can create one) to scatter attention. You can decide if then she wants to (a) escape -- leaving a clockwork Lizzie somewhere around in Valencia, a very dangerous thing; (b) attack and seek the recapture of the real Lizzie, now with the bonus of capturing her friends (gulp!); (c) escape briefly and return with reinforcements for more assured success of (b); (d) something else!

Or she might decide to bluff it out and hope that the real Lizzie is the one believed to be a clockwork, and take her place. That would be extremely risky with both Elizabeths side by side, unless she has something she believes will 'prove' the true Lizzie is the false one, duping us all.

So, your call Elizabeth. If the evil clockwork twin makes no move, with Scarlet's diversion we have an excellent chance of escaping without drawing attention of the Armada...)
OOC: I think we should do (d) something else. I planned on both Lizzies being rescued, and for a few days or weeks the group tries and figures out which Lizzy is the real Lizzy. During that amount of time, Clockwork Lizzy is constantly feeding back personal information about weaknesses in the group, and once the real Lizzy is revealed, then the armada strikes. Even though I thought about this, I haven't been writing because I don't know what to do next. It's up to you guys, and for a little bit I might just watch. You're welcome to use my character all you want: You know what she's like, you know what kinds of things she'll say. Good luck, guys! I'll tag in whenever I feel I can.

~Elizabeth, level 22 ~

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I think we should do (d) something else. I planned on both Lizzies being rescued, and for a few days or weeks the group tries and figures out which Lizzy is the real Lizzy. During that amount of time, Clockwork Lizzy is constantly feeding back personal information about weaknesses in the group, and once the real Lizzy is revealed, then the armada strikes. Even though I thought about this, I haven't been writing because I don't know what to do next. It's up to you guys, and for a little bit I might just watch. You're welcome to use my character all you want: You know what she's like, you know what kinds of things she'll say. Good luck, guys! I'll tag in whenever I feel I can.

~Elizabeth, level 22 ~
(OOC: very good Elizabeth, we can run with that. Inspiration will probably strike you as the tests are put forth, and I think you will like them. I assume the false Lizzie can eat and drink, or at least have the credible appearance of doing so?)

As the pirates had hoped, the Armada was sufficiently occupied with the attack on the fortress that they were able to slip out the way they had carefully planned before. The escape went without a hitch. When she could, Charlotte critically scanned the faces of the two Elizabeths, but both looked equally frightened when danger appeared and both were equally joyous to board Kiera's ship. Charlotte felt she could have kissed the deck of the ship herself, and was very glad to be enfolded in the firm embrace of Egg Shen's feathered arms, his eyes brimming with unshed tears of relief.

As they looked over the bow of the ship, they saw the ship that had been attacking the Armada battle fortress turn about, pursued by the sinister black-sailed Armada ships. Kiera was commanding her crew to head into the nearest windlane, an action that seemed to the intent of the other ship, its blue cross blazoned on white sails bright in the murky clouds. As they made for the windlane, Charlotte saw the captain of the other ship standing on the bowsprit. The red-haired captain gave a wave and a cheeky salute, which Charlotte returned with a smile wide on her face. That captain, though, looked familiar somehow...

Charlotte turned her attention to the two Lizzies who were seated on the deck somewhat apart from each other, and both under armed guard -- albeit politely. To Charlotte's eye, one seemed thinner, more pale and strained than the other. She named that one in her mind 'Lizzie 1'. 'Lizzie 2' however, was identical in every other way, down to the last nuance of voice and mannerism.

Charlotte considered. If they knew Elizabeth better, they might know better how to discern the copy. However, since they did not, what they could do was employ what they knew of clockworks.

They were safely in the windlane now, and Kiera, now that her captain's duties were lessened, spoke to the Lizzies, trying to get some hint which was false and which was true. So far, they answered all her questions exactly the same.

"Lizzie must surely be exhausted," Charlotte entered the conversation. "She needs rest, and more food, more than conversation. And we can combine that with a bit of a celebration in your quarters, perhaps, Captain Moone?"

Kiera's eyes narrowed. Charlotte gave her a suspiciously bland smile, which only confirmed Kiera's suspicions: Charlotte was up to something.

Petty Officer
Jun 05, 2011
Guys, I sort of got confused in this roleplay, but you can use my characters. Don't make Luke die. He is important in alot of different Roleplays.
And if someone could tell me whats happening in a quick summary, that would be helpful.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Bikaneri on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
Guys, I sort of got confused in this roleplay, but you can use my characters. Don't make Luke die. He is important in alot of different Roleplays.
And if someone could tell me whats happening in a quick summary, that would be helpful.
Okay so you saw the whole library thing, right? So Lizzy got a special book for Charlotte and Keira that they needed, and then left the library. She shortly after that got captured by the armada, and was taken prisoner into a dark dungeon with no food and very little water (Lizzy doesn't want me to tell you how she got her water) and she was left there for several days while the other group got their plan together. They rescued Lizzy only to find that there were two, and they couldn't tell the difference! Right now Captain Scarlet just caused a distraction and allowed them a clean escape -- they are currently leaving on Keira's ship. Hope that helps!

~Elizabeth, level 22 ~

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Bikaneri on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
OOC: No worries, Luke. So, employing a little revisionist history, Luke was there all along with the rescue team (what a relief! Just Kiera, Mormo, and Charlotte seemed too few). They were careful (must have been hard for the impulsive Luke!), and got in, found Elizabeth, and then a beautifully timed distraction caused by Captain Scarlet doing a hit-and-run attack on the Armada battle station allowed the rescue party to escape without a hitch. So you would be on Kiera's ship now.

So the original mission to the Sivella Library is complete, the rescue of the Armada captive accomplished, there's only one problem left: a dangerous Armada spy has been brought aboard Kiera's ship. Elizabeth has been duplicated by a sophisticated clockwork which is indistinguishable from the real Elizabeth... or so the Clockwork double believes. Charlotte has a plan up her sleeve which I think has a very high chance of working. That's going to be subtle, but when the Clockwork Elizabeth realizes she's been discovered, there may be a fight. But either way, probably drawing close to a conclusion of this story.

Charlotte is just going to arrange a few things with Kiera (whose player may be busy for a few days, so response may not happen right away). You are welcome to be part of that discussion, and Scarlet may want to come aboard too if she wishes!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: very good Elizabeth, we can run with that. Inspiration will probably strike you as the tests are put forth, and I think you will like them. I assume the false Lizzie can eat and drink, or at least have the credible appearance of doing so?)

As the pirates had hoped, the Armada was sufficiently occupied with the attack on the fortress that they were able to slip out the way they had carefully planned before. The escape went without a hitch. When she could, Charlotte critically scanned the faces of the two Elizabeths, but both looked equally frightened when danger appeared and both were equally joyous to board Kiera's ship. Charlotte felt she could have kissed the deck of the ship herself, and was very glad to be enfolded in the firm embrace of Egg Shen's feathered arms, his eyes brimming with unshed tears of relief.

As they looked over the bow of the ship, they saw the ship that had been attacking the Armada battle fortress turn about, pursued by the sinister black-sailed Armada ships. Kiera was commanding her crew to head into the nearest windlane, an action that seemed to the intent of the other ship, its blue cross blazoned on white sails bright in the murky clouds. As they made for the windlane, Charlotte saw the captain of the other ship standing on the bowsprit. The red-haired captain gave a wave and a cheeky salute, which Charlotte returned with a smile wide on her face. That captain, though, looked familiar somehow...

Charlotte turned her attention to the two Lizzies who were seated on the deck somewhat apart from each other, and both under armed guard -- albeit politely. To Charlotte's eye, one seemed thinner, more pale and strained than the other. She named that one in her mind 'Lizzie 1'. 'Lizzie 2' however, was identical in every other way, down to the last nuance of voice and mannerism.

Charlotte considered. If they knew Elizabeth better, they might know better how to discern the copy. However, since they did not, what they could do was employ what they knew of clockworks.

They were safely in the windlane now, and Kiera, now that her captain's duties were lessened, spoke to the Lizzies, trying to get some hint which was false and which was true. So far, they answered all her questions exactly the same.

"Lizzie must surely be exhausted," Charlotte entered the conversation. "She needs rest, and more food, more than conversation. And we can combine that with a bit of a celebration in your quarters, perhaps, Captain Moone?"

Kiera's eyes narrowed. Charlotte gave her a suspiciously bland smile, which only confirmed Kiera's suspicions: Charlotte was up to something.
As Scarlet saw the other pirate ship slipping away from the Armada Fortress she signaled to Subodai that it was time to break off the attack. The Jolly Rover had suffered enough damage anyways. The crew were putting out fires in a couple places on deck, and the main mast had a large crack running through it. It was a miracle that the mast still stood and had not fallen over yet. Besides the mast, the sails were full of holes and several of the ropes in the rigging had been cut by chain and bar shot.

Subodai calmly guided the ship into the nearest windlane and followed the other pirate ship.
"Bring us up along side Kiera's ship Subodai, then take the Jolly Rover to the nearest safe port for repairs. I'll rejoin you when I can." Scarlet called from her position on the bowsprit.

As the Jolly Rover gained on Kiera's ship, Scarlet noticed one of the pirates watching the progress of her own ship. "I guess they all know I'm a pirate too now" Scarlet thought to herself as she waved and tipped her tricorne towards the other ship.

Soon the Jolly Rover was along side Keira's ship (The Jolly Rover has a copper plated hull allowing it to sail faster than most other ships). With a graceful leap, Scarlet landed lightly on the deck of Keira's ship.
"Salut! I see the rescue went well then. But, why are there two Lizzie's I did not know she had a twin."
(OOC: for anyone who doesn't know, Salut is an informal french greeting and farewell, however there is no real equivelent for Salut in English)

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
OOC: Sorry, I don't want to read through 3 pages of roleplay that I missed (sorry!) Can someone catch me up? I might want to jump in.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:

Keira knew Charlotte was definitely up to something. However, the Witchdoctor went along with it, knowing a plan from a Privateer was usually bound to be a good plan. Keira nodded simply and headed for her captain's quarters, which was quite large actually.

The black haired girl took a seat at her desk, and considered what Charlotte might be up to. She knew it was beneficial to them, but she couldn't help but wonder.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Charlotte drew Kiera aside. "I believe you have a privacy screen in your cabin? If you would please seat the Lizzies so that they are on either side of the screen, it would be most helpful. Ideally, they should not be able to see each other at all so they can not judge each other's reactions. If you could then arrange seating so that you and the other captains are able to see the two Lizzies clearly, then you all can form a judgment. Where I sit does not matter -- I will become focused on my own work and not able to judge myself.

Kiera raised a cool eyebrow. "Mind telling me what this is all about?"

Charlotte gave her a slight smile. "The Armada is 'heartless, soulless, and ruthless'. They care nothing for art -- and that includes music. Lizzie has spent sufficient time in Valencia to become aware of the Valencians' often exquisite music, and I doubt the true one can remain unaffected by it. I am glad I brought a viola da gamba with me as is my usual custom, though my other instruments remain on my ship. As we have refreshments and conversation in your cabin, Kiera, perhaps in a lull you could ask me for some entertainment? That would set me up nicely."

"Our red-headed captain friend also needs to be informed about the situation, and both captains need to be aware that they have a role in watching the two Lizzies. Best not tell the plan at hand in case our Armada spy has superb hearing, only that the girls need a constant watch. Perhaps you could quietly inform them while I go get my viol and see to its initial tuning?"

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Charlotte drew Kiera aside. "I believe you have a privacy screen in your cabin? If you would please seat the Lizzies so that they are on either side of the screen, it would be most helpful. Ideally, they should not be able to see each other at all so they can not judge each other's reactions. If you could then arrange seating so that you and the other captains are able to see the two Lizzies clearly, then you all can form a judgment. Where I sit does not matter -- I will become focused on my own work and not able to judge myself.

Kiera raised a cool eyebrow. "Mind telling me what this is all about?"

Charlotte gave her a slight smile. "The Armada is 'heartless, soulless, and ruthless'. They care nothing for art -- and that includes music. Lizzie has spent sufficient time in Valencia to become aware of the Valencians' often exquisite music, and I doubt the true one can remain unaffected by it. I am glad I brought a viola da gamba with me as is my usual custom, though my other instruments remain on my ship. As we have refreshments and conversation in your cabin, Kiera, perhaps in a lull you could ask me for some entertainment? That would set me up nicely."

"Our red-headed captain friend also needs to be informed about the situation, and both captains need to be aware that they have a role in watching the two Lizzies. Best not tell the plan at hand in case our Armada spy has superb hearing, only that the girls need a constant watch. Perhaps you could quietly inform them while I go get my viol and see to its initial tuning?"
Keira nodded in response. "You're a genius, Charlotte. That really is a good plan." The Witchdoctor also smiled at Charlotte before heading toward her cabin to set up what was required.

Luckily, Emma had finished up some pomegranate tea with some lime added, along with a variety of different, delicious looking desserts. Thank you Emma. Did Charlotte let her in on the plan too? Keira mentally thanked the blonde Musketeer. Keira pulled down the screen, and set up multiple armchairs in the room. Mormo's was shorter than the others.

Once Keira finished setting up her cabin, she walked down the steps to the main deck. "Um, Lizzy, and Lizzy, can I request you join Charlotte, Emma, Mormo and I upstairs in my cabin?" She politely inquired. "Just a minor celebration, you see. Emma has made some desserts and tea just for the occasion." Keira explained to the Lizzies. They both walked up the stairs afterward, and as soon as they disappeared into the cabin, Keira walked off to find Scarlet and aware her of the plan.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Keira nodded in response. "You're a genius, Charlotte. That really is a good plan." The Witchdoctor also smiled at Charlotte before heading toward her cabin to set up what was required.

Luckily, Emma had finished up some pomegranate tea with some lime added, along with a variety of different, delicious looking desserts. Thank you Emma. Did Charlotte let her in on the plan too? Keira mentally thanked the blonde Musketeer. Keira pulled down the screen, and set up multiple armchairs in the room. Mormo's was shorter than the others.

Once Keira finished setting up her cabin, she walked down the steps to the main deck. "Um, Lizzy, and Lizzy, can I request you join Charlotte, Emma, Mormo and I upstairs in my cabin?" She politely inquired. "Just a minor celebration, you see. Emma has made some desserts and tea just for the occasion." Keira explained to the Lizzies. They both walked up the stairs afterward, and as soon as they disappeared into the cabin, Keira walked off to find Scarlet and aware her of the plan.
Emma and Luke were apprised of the plan, and were comfortably seated and starting to enjoy a sip of tea and a bite of a sweet when the Lizzies -- still necessarily under guard by Mormo -- entered the captain's quarters. "Please, sit down," Charlotte said courteously, leading the girls to their respective seats. A plate and a cup of tea had been thoughtfully placed by each girl's seat, a mirror to those being enjoyed by the other captains.

Charlotte passed a hand wearily through her short cut black hair. "You both have answered the questions we have put to you exactly the same, so it is Captain Moore's decision that no more questioning should take place tonight. I agree. Which ever of you is the real Lizzie needs food and rest." Charlotte measured her words carefully, trying to be sure to give no more information than she was sure the duplicate, the evil fetch, already knew. "Those who know the real Lizzie will probably be able to discern the difference. For that, I fear we may have to return to Sivella, but I do not know how we will get there without the notice of the Armada. It was blind luck that we managed to do so in the first place, a few days ago," Charlotte lied, confident that Elizabeth had not known how they got to Sivella. "Any advice on how to sneak in will be much appreciated."

Then she smiled. "But that is a matter for tomorrow. Tonight we celebrate! We are alive! We have escaped the Armada!" Charlotte sat in her seat, taking a sip of sweet pomegranate tea herself, waiting for the entrance of Kiera and Scarlet. The girl she named 'Lizzie 1' was on the right; 'Lizzie 2' on the left.