Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay II!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Hello Pirates! Welcome to the second Roleplay thread, made at the suggestion of Pirates in the Sky! So, this ones a bit less complicated, and your characters can start out anywhere instead of the main location. Feel free to join!

~

Keira Moone sat on the edge of her Mooshuian Galleon, her long black hair swaying in the heavy winds of Valencia. She sensed a storm coming. The Witchdoctor got up and sighed, and made her way to the steering wheel, where her first mate, Kan Po, was steering the ship.

"Kan, I feel like a storm is coming," Keira murmured in her usually grim sounding, ominously quiet voice. Her green eyes were focused on something unreadable.

Kan Po rolled his eyes. "You worry too much, Dragonfly. Just be patient, we're near the Stormgate to Avernus already."

Just then a crackle of lightning spread across the sky. Keira smirked a little and commented, "Told ya so. Now dock in Sivella." She crossed her arms.

Kan Po nodded but groaned, and steered toward Sivella.

~
Whaddaya think? Yea, I think I'm going to add all my pirates here. (I only use three. XD) Join in!

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
"I don't like this, Captain. It's not a good idea," Egg Shen commented quietly to the dark-skinned young woman next to him.

She had short black hair she kept flipping out of her eyes, replying in equally quiet tones. "It is never a good idea to go into the territory of the Armada. But sometimes necessary. Sivella is one of the finest libraries in the entire Spiral, perhaps the finest. And we need the knowledge it could provide."

"Were I a cat who knew of a mousehole," Egg Shen mused somberly. "I would sit at the mousehole and wait for the mouse."

Captain Charlotte Richardson nodded. "That's why we're all working together, and that's why we're on Captain Kiera's ship," she soothed. Her voice was warm and musical. "Kiera's knowledge of magic is more likely to be able to sneak us past any new wards the Armada might have employed. And as long as we can just sneak in, it's simple. Slip into the library, get the information we need if possible, slip out again. No explosions, no battles. If all goes according to plan, the Armada shouldn't even know we were here."

"Coming in with Magic, the sort of thing the Armada expressly prosecutes," Egg pointed out wryly.

"Piracy too," Charlotte countered with a smile. "Since we're all under a death sentence anyway, we can't possibly make it any worse."

[Kiera, Charlotte is a 'Privateer', if that is helpful]

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
then on a rescue mission for Rodolfo Capoferro another witch-doctor named Edward got his wand and used the purge magic spell on the storms thunder

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
Hello Pirates! Welcome to the second Roleplay thread, made at the suggestion of Pirates in the Sky! So, this ones a bit less complicated, and your characters can start out anywhere instead of the main location. Feel free to join!

~

Keira Moone sat on the edge of her Mooshuian Galleon, her long black hair swaying in the heavy winds of Valencia. She sensed a storm coming. The Witchdoctor got up and sighed, and made her way to the steering wheel, where her first mate, Kan Po, was steering the ship.

"Kan, I feel like a storm is coming," Keira murmured in her usually grim sounding, ominously quiet voice. Her green eyes were focused on something unreadable.

Kan Po rolled his eyes. "You worry too much, Dragonfly. Just be patient, we're near the Stormgate to Avernus already."

Just then a crackle of lightning spread across the sky. Keira smirked a little and commented, "Told ya so. Now dock in Sivella." She crossed her arms.

~
Whaddaya think? Yea, I think I'm going to add all my pirates here. (I only use three. XD) Join in!

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
i like Kiera's attitude, but Kan Po is an old Kung Fu master, he dont roll his eyes lol. i dont much have the patience to post anymore, much less role play but, i could try . besides, my posting rights soon be gone. Valecia is a good place to start, Can i use Kan po? if not i will just edit post and take out what said.

~ As He sailed to Sivella Kan po glanced at Kiera breifly and then looked back to what was ahead of him. "you know, i am very well aware that you could have used your spooky mojo abilities to create lightning with a mojo storm just to prove that you are right..." He by default wouldn't be dwelling on being wrong, as he often told his crew mates that being wrong isn't a bad thing because you learn something, even if it was that his Captain didn't worry too much. but in this case he hadn't anything better to do.

Xavier Veldon

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Thanks for making this!

Froggo Villa grumbled as Evan spun the wheel of the ship, so that once again the ship would swirl around the Cool Ranch stormgate. Even he, so used to Evan's crazy steering, was getting tired of the relentless spinning around the whirlpool.

"Hey, Frogggoooooo!" yelled Evan from the upper deck. The salamander began to climb the steps up the ship while still groaning. He needed some Yum. "Where do you wanna go?" Froggo turned his head towards Evan, as if that would clarify what he just said.

Froggo cleared his throat after he reached the upper deck.

"Valencia," was all he said. Evan threw the wheel as hard as he could towards the skyways that would lead them to the foreign stormgate.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012

~

~

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
So then silver joseph vane came in on his newest ship "the golden rabbit" and started firing at the ship as they where hired to do so by a green humanoid snake(NOT ONE OF THE OPHIDIAN) and a blueish pokemon with black stripes on it's face as well as a tan fur on the chest and stomach
silver joseph vane:(looks through telescope)there they are mr.varga tricky vinny,harvley get to the cannons and fire
all:Yes captain vane
*cannons fire at emma's mooshuian galleon*
Ratbeard:THERE SHE GOES we have slowed them down captain maybe we can board there ship
silver joseph vane:not yet we will take out the sails first
Lucky Jack Russel :JOSEPH LOOK OUT!!!!

Captain
Oct 15, 2012

~

~

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
Then joseph realized and said
"wait a moment jack it appears that their crew has docked near sivella"
subodai:perhaps we shall dock there in disquise and search
silver joseph vane:very well subodai my heartie very well
*the crew of the golden rabbit docks and sivella*

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Pirates in the Sky on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for making this!

Froggo Villa grumbled as Evan spun the wheel of the ship, so that once again the ship would swirl around the Cool Ranch stormgate. Even he, so used to Evan's crazy steering, was getting tired of the relentless spinning around the whirlpool.

"Hey, Frogggoooooo!" yelled Evan from the upper deck. The salamander began to climb the steps up the ship while still groaning. He needed some Yum. "Where do you wanna go?" Froggo turned his head towards Evan, as if that would clarify what he just said.

Froggo cleared his throat after he reached the upper deck.

"Valencia," was all he said. Evan threw the wheel as hard as he could towards the skyways that would lead them to the foreign stormgate.
"The spiral threads... They're so... I don't even know! How can you not like them?" Evan leaned over the prow of his Marleybone skiff while shouting back to Froggo Villa, who was steering (much more maturely.)

"I'm just. Going. To. Valencia." Froggo muttered, impatient with Evan and his silly remarks.

"Fine, Froggo. At least we're already through Avernus. And, we're almost there anyway; why do you want to go?" he asked while turning around to sit on the edge of the ship. "I actually want to know, I'm not just making small talk."

The salamander steered the ship off of the windlane and through the edge of the skyway. They were there. "Because of this."

Rain from the oncoming storm immediately began to pound the deck of the ship. The pirate yelled, "You wanted to go to a storm?!" Lightning scintillated across the sky lighting up the whole world. "We have to dock, or we'll be toast! Literally!"

Froggo replied, unusually calmly, "Just Sivella. We are going to Sivella. This is not a time for jokes, captain, you could get us turned into ‘toast. Literally.’"

"Froggo, you know you don't have to be so pessimistic! Just get us docked, somewhere! Don't you know Sivella is crawling with clockworks?" Evan slipped off the prow and failed to gain a grip on the wooden boards. He unsheathed a blade and tore into the deck, stopping his slide.

The ship turned sharply and the fuel boosters on full. They began a beeline towards the biggest library known to pirate.

Ok, that is my pitiful attempt at a good ending. Can't wait to see what happens when we all meet up!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
"I don't like this, Captain. It's not a good idea," Egg Shen commented quietly to the dark-skinned young woman next to him.

She had short black hair she kept flipping out of her eyes, replying in equally quiet tones. "It is never a good idea to go into the territory of the Armada. But sometimes necessary. Sivella is one of the finest libraries in the entire Spiral, perhaps the finest. And we need the knowledge it could provide."

"Were I a cat who knew of a mousehole," Egg Shen mused somberly. "I would sit at the mousehole and wait for the mouse."

Captain Charlotte Richardson nodded. "That's why we're all working together, and that's why we're on Captain Kiera's ship," she soothed. Her voice was warm and musical. "Kiera's knowledge of magic is more likely to be able to sneak us past any new wards the Armada might have employed. And as long as we can just sneak in, it's simple. Slip into the library, get the information we need if possible, slip out again. No explosions, no battles. If all goes according to plan, the Armada shouldn't even know we were here."

"Coming in with Magic, the sort of thing the Armada expressly prosecutes," Egg pointed out wryly.

"Piracy too," Charlotte countered with a smile. "Since we're all under a death sentence anyway, we can't possibly make it any worse."

[Kiera, Charlotte is a 'Privateer', if that is helpful]
"Mormo no enjoy storm!" Mormo exclaimed openly. He did NOT seem to enjoy the situation of being stuck on a ship in the middle of a crazy storm near armada territory.

"Mormo, stop freaking out. We're fine." Keira glared at the Water Mole Witchdoctor that had long been on her crew. "You do realize we'll be fine. Right?"

Mormo shook his head no.

Keira groaned. "Mormo, how many times have we encountered the Armada and won?"

"...Many times..."

"Exactly my point." Keira nodded toward Charlotte. "As Charlotte said, magic can get up anywhere. Remember the teleportation spell? Plus, Charlotte is a Privateer, one of the best planners in the Spiral."

Mormo nodded, but he ran down to the lower deck to be sure.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Suddenly, the sound of someone landing on the ship was heard. Keira turned back on instinct, alarmed highly, but her alarm turned to relief as she recognized the one who jumped to her ship.

"Hey, Emma... Long time no see."

The spunky, blonde haired Musketeer winked and smirked as she always did. "Yea, been a while since that incident in Monquista?"

"Yea, it has."

The blonde and the black haired Witchdoctor stared at each other in silence for a moment. At least, until Mormo broke the silence.

"Mormo see intruder!" Mormo yelled.

Keira glanced back at the panicking water mole. "Mormo, it's just Emma."

Mormo paused. "Oh. Mormo did not recognize Emma."

"Well, maybe that's because I stopped by Tumbleweed and got a new hat?" As she said that, Emma tipped her black and violet Stetson and snickered.

"Mormo feel stupid."

"Don't feel stupid, Mormo," Keira told the hoodoo using water mole. "Oh yes, Emma, this is Charlotte. She's an amazing battle planner, and she's a friend of mine." Keira smiled for once.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Speed Switch on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
i like Kiera's attitude, but Kan Po is an old Kung Fu master, he dont roll his eyes lol. i dont much have the patience to post anymore, much less role play but, i could try . besides, my posting rights soon be gone. Valecia is a good place to start, Can i use Kan po? if not i will just edit post and take out what said.

~ As He sailed to Sivella Kan po glanced at Kiera breifly and then looked back to what was ahead of him. "you know, i am very well aware that you could have used your spooky mojo abilities to create lightning with a mojo storm just to prove that you are right..." He by default wouldn't be dwelling on being wrong, as he often told his crew mates that being wrong isn't a bad thing because you learn something, even if it was that his Captain didn't worry too much. but in this case he hadn't anything better to do.

Xavier Veldon
XD I love her attitude too. I had fun writing her out, and I love drawing her too. I forgot that he doesn't roll his eyes,dangit. You can post as Kan, I have no problem with that.

~

Keira smirked. "I may or may not have..."

Ensign
Feb 07, 2011
- So.. what your are saying is.. you want me to work with him?! are you mad?!, a somewhat upset El Toro said to his captian. " your just jelaous that you get to see the son of Zues in action! " retorted Hawkules in an a display of pirde and arroagnace. " Captian my captian, dere bickering, will it ever end? " Old scratch pitched in, rather annoyed at the pointless debate. I doubt it, since there both so stubborn and arrogant. said Wolf as he navaigted through a spiral thread on his ship, The Deathless Immortal. But i'm gonna need both of them for this.. and allot of gellinite.. -

(( so, did I do good? ))

Petty Officer
Dec 18, 2010
"Okay Charlotte", said Emma, "I'll get you into that library."
Emma quickly flips through her book of spells.

"Oh great! In order to sneak you in, I need to inherit a Swashbuckler's power, but where can I find one?"

Meanwhile...

"Sir, are you comfortable"

"Of course not!" , said Joseph, "Disguising as a Unicorn is difficult!"

Sometime later...

"Ugh! I still can't find an incantation to find Swashbucklers!"

"Wait", said Charlotte, "I found it!"

"Okay let's see... wave staff straight up, then move from side to side, then PRESTO!"

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
Noble Mistydove grabs onto her hat as the storm got worse. Her golden admiral uniform glowed in the darkness as the waves crashed her small Marleybone skiff. She takes out her spyglass in wonder. Catbeard pawed at the waves in hope to catch more fish. Bonnie Anne gives him the dead eye as she scouted above the ship. "Captn'! I see a small island, could it be where Karo is?" pointed out Bonnie Anne. Catbeard stared in shock as the island came closer. He cleaned himself as Bonnie Anne lowered the sails.
"Are we there yet?" screamed El Toro while sharpening his blade. Noble Mistydove could tell that he couldn't wait much longer. The rain got worse as the ship got closer to the island. Noble Mistydove's pet marshadillow curled up into a ball of yellow as a flash of lightning appeared out of the sky. Bonnie Anne screamed her head off in shock as El toro set off the alarms. El toro laughed as Bonnie Anne hid under the ship in fright. She noticed a heavy breathing down her neck. She turned around in shock, it was Neko! "Bah!" yelled out Bonnie Anne in shock. Struggling to find words she apologized and hid behind a small box of gun powder. Noble Mistydove called out her name by the front deck in fright, afraid that Bonnie Anne fell overboard. A flash of lightning struck the ship. A slight mew was heard, someone was in pain. Bonnie Anne and the others rushed forth to the front deck. In shock, they found Neko burned to a crisp.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Sheets of rain now fell heavily on the deck as the storm unleashed its fury. All hands looked uneasily around them. Charlotte pushed her now sopping black hair reflexively behind an ear. "No, this storm called down by Kierra is an important part of the plan," she reassured all gathered. "The Armada won't want to bring their own ships into it for fear of becoming too heavy and sinking below the upper atmosphere, and doubly will not suspect we have snuck in using storms as cover. As long as we are docked at Sivella, we can set our people to manning the bilge pumps and wipe down the decks as best as possible without the need to focus on sailing too. If, however, anyone's ship gets too heavy, sail out into a clear windlane, anchor there and bail."

"We'll get to what we are looking for in a moment, but let's work on our plan. Right now, we have Kierra and Edward with their magic. Kan Po [Xavier] also has an important role to play in the plan. We also have the pirate captains Evan, Silver Joseph, Wolf, Joseph, and myself, each with a chosen companion with them," Charlotte threw an affectionate grin over at her friend, Egg Shen. "There may be more coming under the cover of the storm."

"Now, we will need a small patrol to get into the library. The librarians will help us, I am sure, but we'll have to be careful not to frighten them. We can use our clockwork disguises from before, but too large a patrol will be suspicious. Kierra, you had best be with this patrol as you can read Krokotopian. We will also need a secondary patrol to shadow the first and keep an eye out for potential trouble. And we will need a party to stay behind at the docks and keep watch. If the Armada shows up, you will have the dangerous task of leading them away from Sivella, to be a rabbit to their hounds, as it were. Hopefully it won't come to that. Remember, we want to avoid fighting if at all possible. Have I forgotten anything?" Charlotte looked at the faces around her.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Keira leaned against the sides of the ship, a cup of Moolong tea in her hand. "Hey Emma, Charlotte, you realize we're crazy right?"

"Well, duh!" Emma commented. The Musketeer was used to this. "Quit with the pessimistic act, Keira, you're so much more bearable when you're in optimist mode instead of pessimist."

Keira glared. "Stop saying pessimist. You're giving me a headache."

Emma rolled her eyes. "Pessimist, pessimist, pessimist..." She snickered in the attempt to annoy the Witchdoctor.

"There's no point in asking you to stop so I won't..."

The two bickered some more while Mormo watched in amusement.

"Mormo need video camera!"

Ensign
Feb 07, 2011
- " Well ive taken down many villains, topped evil tax collectors from robbing Santo Pollo blind, and defeated Capitan Blood! what have you done?! " Said Toro to Hawkules, in a way of keeping his ego and pride up. " Ive slain many foul beasts, Defeated Talos, and i'm the son of Zues! " was Hawks reply to El Toro, which annoyed him and everyone else even more. " Will you too just cut it out already! " Wolf said has he tried to properly sail, but the constant bickering has been throwing his consentration off blance. " we would be there already.. but your cosnsat arguing alsmot made me crash into a rock 3 times! " .... -

Ensign
Feb 07, 2011
- The bickering between El Toro and Hawkules continued as Wolf piloted his ship through a spiral tread to valenica. " well at least I don't have big beak! " " Well at least I don't look like a minotaur! " Extremly annoyed at the constant arguing, Old Scratch spoke up. " Enough! all you too do is bicker till de sun goes down! I an' I grow tired of the constant yelling! If dis keeps up, I an' I will send you both down to Davey Jones Locker! " Scratch said to put fear into the 2 and keep them quiet... which worked for like.. a couple of seconds, until they went back to arguing. " Ugh... Can't you both just be quiet for a few- " Wolf suddenly stopped mid sentence when he saw an armada patrol ship flying by... " Showtime! " Said wolf as he took out his halberd that the stole from Rooke and rammed the other ship. " Ok. how about this, Whoever Takes out the most of the clockworks is the better hero! " Said Toro to Hawkules. " Sounds like Fun! " Hawkules said as he readied his massive club. .... -

Petty Officer
Dec 30, 2012
Spark of the land on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
"Okay Charlotte", said Emma, "I'll get you into that library."
Emma quickly flips through her book of spells.

"Oh great! In order to sneak you in, I need to inherit a Swashbuckler's power, but where can I find one?"

Meanwhile...

"Sir, are you comfortable"

"Of course not!" , said Joseph, "Disguising as a Unicorn is difficult!"

Sometime later...

"Ugh! I still can't find an incantation to find Swashbucklers!"

"Wait", said Charlotte, "I found it!"

"Okay let's see... wave staff straight up, then move from side to side, then PRESTO!"
Matthew had just won a fierce battle against some Cutthroats in Skull Island Skyway, and was celebrating with his crew at the Kraken Skulls Tavern.
He soon found himself, however, onboard a ship that was not his in Valencia with Shiruku Neko and Subodai.
"Hey, what gives?" he said.
"Oops." said Charlotte.
"Send us back!" said Matthew.
"Okay," she said, and attempted to send them back with another spell, which failed.
" Sadly, it seems I can't return you right away, so it looks like you're stuck with us for a while." Charlotte
"Oh, great," said Shiruku.
"You said it," said Subodai.
"Why am I here in the first place?" said Matthew.
"Why do you need me here?"
"We'll explain, said Emma.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009

~

~

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
I think its Mooniese like Chinese

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
CyberMaster12 on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
Matthew had just won a fierce battle against some Cutthroats in Skull Island Skyway, and was celebrating with his crew at the Kraken Skulls Tavern.
He soon found himself, however, onboard a ship that was not his in Valencia with Shiruku Neko and Subodai.
"Oops." said Charlotte.
"Okay," she said, and attempted to send them back with another spell, which failed.
" Sadly, it seems I can't return you right away, so it looks like you're stuck with us for a while." Charlotte
"We better stay with the plan... Any more issues, and we're going to be Armada prisoners again..." Keira murmured.

Mormo rushed in, upset. "Mormo never found video camera."

"Why film it when it happens all the time?" Emma snickered and sipped some tea. "Man, Catbeard, thanks for importing this... It's so good..."

Catbeard nods. "No problem."

"So, I'm guessing our first mates are coming with us?" Keira said.

"Bonnie's coming with me then!"

"Then I'll take Catbeard."

Mormo seemed unhappy about it... So Keira told the Water Mole, "It's ok, Mormo, you're coming too, and so is Kan."

Ensign
May 21, 2012
Hi! I am joining!

-
As Sierra watched the Armada ships board the Sivella, her crew began to fend of the Armada clock works along with romantic Devin's crew getting everyone to safety.

"How long will this last?" Devin thought as they went into the library.

"Lucy, andare ad aiutare gli altri!" Sierra said in Valencian.

"Aye, captain!" Lucy said as she ran out the door.

Sierra summoned a dove, wrote a letter to Emma about the crisis in Valencia, and tied the letter to the bird.

"Invia questo a Emma." Sierra said to the bird and watched it fly through the sky.

-

Subtitles:
1. "Lucy, go help the others!"
2. "Send this to Emma."

I'm really happy about the roleplay!

The Privateer'n Wizard

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Privateer of Wizar... on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
Hi! I am joining!

-
As Sierra watched the Armada ships board the Sivella, her crew began to fend of the Armada clock works along with romantic Devin's crew getting everyone to safety.

"How long will this last?" Devin thought as they went into the library.

"Lucy, andare ad aiutare gli altri!" Sierra said in Valencian.

"Aye, captain!" Lucy said as she ran out the door.

Sierra summoned a dove, wrote a letter to Emma about the crisis in Valencia, and tied the letter to the bird.

"Invia questo a Emma." Sierra said to the bird and watched it fly through the sky.

-

Subtitles:
1. "Lucy, go help the others!"
2. "Send this to Emma."

I'm really happy about the roleplay!

The Privateer'n Wizard
Within seconds, the dove found its flight path to Keira's ship. Of course, it ran right into Catbeard's face...

"What in the name of the Royal Navy?" Catbeard calmly questioned, yet his voice had a tone of panic to it.

"Give me that..." Emma picked up the dove and grabbed the letter. "It's from Sierra, I know it, she's the only one I know who uses dove messages...." Minutes later, she sighed. "I was right! And why is half of this written in Valencian? RIDOLFO!"

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CyberMaster12 on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
"Oops." said Charlotte.
(Matthew, is that my Charlotte who teleported you with a spell? LOL, she doesn't know any magic, so yes, her attempting a big spell would be disastrous. But I can't see her doing that. How about Kierra brings you instead? It indeed could be a botched spell as magic is not highly reliable... what I am envisioning right now is 3 groups: the library group, the mobile backup/scout group, and the ship group on watch at the docks. Our characters chose *one* to be in. Groups shouldn't be too large, as smaller groups will give the participants each more of a voice. Each group would have a separate but related adventure, invented primarily by the people in each of the groups. That's what I'm imagining at present, but who knows how it will turn out? I've never done anything like this before...)

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Keira jumped in surprise as she noticed she summoned the trio, Matthew, Subodai, and Shiruku Neko. She tried to look like it hadn't been her, by swinging her staff from view behind her back.

"How in the Spiral?!" Emma lifted her cutlass at Matthew again, but lowered it when she recognized him. "Oh, hi Matthew, Subodai, Neko..." She crossed her arms.

Neko commented, "This is what, the third time she's pointed that cutlass at us?"

"Yup." Emma murmured while sipping some of her tea.

Keira rolled her eyes at the blonde's impulsiveness and defensive attitude. She got used to it, but it still,got on her nerves nonetheless.