Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay II!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Keira kicked another clockwork back, but this time not half as effective as normal. It was obvious that the Witchdoctor was exhausted to her maximum. The black haired girl exhaled and inhaled slowly, and barely blocked or dodged any incoming attacks, despite the orb protecting her. She wasted too much energy earlier and now she was feeling kind of dizzy. The golden sphere dispelled as Keira fell over and passed out.

On the other hand, Catbeard and Mormo were fighting off the Fusiliers. Catbeard's repeated attacks sent on or two to the ground, while Mormo's fire and mojo slowed them down. The two were doing well together in the fight.

(OOC: Explanation here, Keira's scythe uses a lot of energy and mojo, so she doesn't last long when she uses it unless she's REALLY careful. The last time she did, well... While she's knocked out, I'm sure Emma could come in and explain it... )

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
OOC: We should meet up in game and discuss this, which would not only help us resolve some confusion about what is happening, but also help make our posts in order. Lol. Also, Anne, who's the privateer?

Evan stumbled over to the nearest wall, breathing sharply. He should have known that he can't take on that many enemies by himself.

OOC: This is how I guess item powers work?
Evan waited for everyone else to make their move, and for the armada to lose focus on where he is... Or was. His invisibility began to wear off while his eyepatch began to glow. A bird seemed to fly out of the eyepatch with a gold trail following it. The brown creature flew over some of Evan's wounds, healing them as it passed. After Evan started to recover, he became aware of his surroundings.

Before he could think of a better idea, Evan hurled his knives at the armada captain to distract it from everyone else, who were in greater danger than he was. The armada began their attack.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
The smoke and sparkling lights of Kiera's last push of spells still sparkled and confused Charlotte's vision. She blinked, trying to see better. She realized she could take a deep breath. For the moment, no enemy confronted her. All the nearby clockworks had been taken out in Kiera's frenzy, until the young witchdoctor simply collapsed from exhaustion, though fortunately no more hurt than before. That had been a remarkable burst of attacks and spells, Charlotte considered admiringly. Still, the girl needed to learn to pace herself. Though, perhaps it was all we needed, Charlotte realized. Have we won?

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
A lot of the Armada soldiers had fallen, but still, more were engaged in combat with the others. The pirates seemed to be doing decently, while the other companions were doing well also. Flame, sparks, and the clang of steel echoed on from the area, and pickled herring flew toward the clockworks. (Not literally) The clockworks fought pretty well, which wasn't a good thing for the pirates and their crews.

Mormo used more curses on the clockworks, which they seemed to have a weakness for, and possibly why they could have outlawed it. He lifted his wand and blew a cloud of flame to the group of clockworks, and thanks to Catbeard finishing them off, the clockworks fell over, "dead." The cat offered a high five to the Water Mole, and both seemed happy with themselves.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
OOC: [I'm waiting for Matthew or others who went on the ships to write. I'm expecting that the players on the ships will also make something reasonable up...
And nice try taking out the clockwork captain, Mademoiselle Scarlet. Tres bien. Good explanation for why it would work, but it's not going to be that easy . I should also point out that Blind Mew told us all the students had been sent home. But I bet there's a few work-study students or graduate students around still, Academia being what it is, and you have been posing as one with the conniving of the professors...]

Charlotte's heart momentarily lifted in joyful relief as the Armada Captain slumped to the floor. Flicking her glance upward for just a brief moment, she saw that they had an ally standing on the balcony above, then Charlotte had to scramble to evade the attack of the Armada Marine coming at her, slashing at him with her saber (a blow which unfortunately was blocked by his nimble reflexes).

However, relief was short-lived. To the horror of the onlookers, the Armada Captain began the series of the unnatural undulating motions that clockworks had upon arising, as if they were truly puppets on strings. Made more carefully than his subordinates, the captain was largely undamaged by Scarlet's accurate dagger throw. He plucked the knife out, and immediately gazed upwards to the location where it had been thrown. He gazed at Scarlet for what seemed to be a long moment. Though his blank gaze could reveal no expression, still it seemed as if there was an unnerving sense of recognition there.

But that moment lasted only the space of a couple heartbeats. In short order the Armada Captain had a sniper engaged in targeting Scarlet, and another providing covering fire for a marine who stiffly but with quick movements made for the stairs accessing the balcony.
Alarmed, Scarlet watched the Armada Captain regain his feet and order a sniper and a marine to attack her.
She quickly dodged out of sight behind the balcony railing and thought of a way to stop the marine without actually engaging it. Using a bench and a couple of flower pots, Scarlet barricaded the top of the stairs leading to her balcony, she knew she could still escape through the doorway behind her.

With the stairs blocked, Scarlet could deal with the sniper. She pulled one of her throwing knives from her belt, took aim and threw it at the sniper's neck. Unfortunatly, a marine stepped infront of the armada sniper seconds before the knife hit. Instead of the sniper falling to ground, the marine took a debilitating wound to it's right arm.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Pirates in the Sky on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
OOC: We should meet up in game and discuss this, which would not only help us resolve some confusion about what is happening, but also help make our posts in order. Lol. Also, Anne, who's the privateer?

Evan stumbled over to the nearest wall, breathing sharply. He should have known that he can't take on that many enemies by himself.

OOC: This is how I guess item powers work?
Evan waited for everyone else to make their move, and for the armada to lose focus on where he is... Or was. His invisibility began to wear off while his eyepatch began to glow. A bird seemed to fly out of the eyepatch with a gold trail following it. The brown creature flew over some of Evan's wounds, healing them as it passed. After Evan started to recover, he became aware of his surroundings.

Before he could think of a better idea, Evan hurled his knives at the armada captain to distract it from everyone else, who were in greater danger than he was. The armada began their attack.
OOC: It's going to be hard to get our posts in order, I'm afraid, but I'll do my best. Charlotte is the privateer (she cast 'discipline' on you all, a major heal, and um, I think it is Valor's Armor on Kiera). Elizabeth, who just joined, has a privateer friend in hiding, but not technically in the combat group. Those are the only privateers I know about in the Library group. And nice description of the healing spell from your eye patch, by the way!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
(OOC: Did anyone see my Roleplay III thread? I'd like more people to join. :D)

The clock works were disappearing quickly. By the seconds, fewer and fewer were left standing. The marine's halberds littered the floor, and by now, only the two attacking Scarlet and about five more with that remained fighting, and even then the pirates and companions were terminating them. Had they won?

Mormo noticed the sniper and marine heading toward Scarlet. The water mole called up, "Is Scarlet ok? Mormo will help!" Once more, the water mole blew a cloud of flame directed at the two clockworks.

Petty Officer
Jun 05, 2011
The battle was ending but there still a few clockworks left. Charlotte used her Major Healing Spell and healed everyone. As Clockworks marched toward them Jack and Luke, they were dodging all the attacks swiftly.
They both started using critical hits over and over again. When every clockwork was down. One more entered the battlefield. Of course, everyone tried to get this clockwork but he was way more powerful.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
OOC: I don't have text chat, so I wouldn't be able to talk to you in the game unless my older friend lets me borrow her account, however, i'm just plain enjoying reading all of this. :D What do you guys think we should do now? I'm thinking Elizabeth should usher y'all into the library, but i'm not entirely sure how that would go with the rest of you. So what now? Apparently the armada has just been beaten for the time being * cheers * I'm not sure whether or not i'm helping or just adding an obstacle of difficulty in trying to make everyone's story work, so for now i'll just kinda wait silently and read the awesomeness. ^_^ Btw I don't mind if any of you use my character(s). In fact, i'd be rather honored. :D

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: Did anyone see my Roleplay III thread? I'd like more people to join. :D)

The clock works were disappearing quickly. By the seconds, fewer and fewer were left standing. The marine's halberds littered the floor, and by now, only the two attacking Scarlet and about five more with that remained fighting, and even then the pirates and companions were terminating them. Had they won?

Mormo noticed the sniper and marine heading toward Scarlet. The water mole called up, "Is Scarlet ok? Mormo will help!" Once more, the water mole blew a cloud of flame directed at the two clockworks.
(OOC: I did notice your third roleplay thread, and I'm thinking of join it with my musketeer, Red Jenny, I'm just thinking of how to join it (I don't know Red Jenny as well as Scarlet yet, if that makes any sense))

"Merci beaucoup, Mormo" Scarlet gratefully called as Mormo's fire attack distracted the final two clockworks.
With the sniper distracted, Scarlet was able to hurl her last knife into it's back destroying the clockwork's self-winding spring mechanism.

With no weapons left, Scarlet shoved her hastily made barricade down the balcony stairs crushing the final clockwork marine.

Finally, Scarlet could greet the pirates she had just helped to save. "Salut, I couldn't help notice your predicament, and thought I would join in. What are you doing in Sivella by the way?"

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Bikaneri on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
The battle was ending but there still a few clockworks left. Charlotte used her Major Healing Spell and healed everyone. As Clockworks marched toward them Jack and Luke, they were dodging all the attacks swiftly.
They both started using critical hits over and over again. When every clockwork was down. One more entered the battlefield. Of course, everyone tried to get this clockwork but he was way more powerful.
OOC: I don't know where to go with this. I think I am getting a case of writer's block. (Oh no!)

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I don't have text chat, so I wouldn't be able to talk to you in the game unless my older friend lets me borrow her account, however, i'm just plain enjoying reading all of this. :D What do you guys think we should do now? I'm thinking Elizabeth should usher y'all into the library, but i'm not entirely sure how that would go with the rest of you. So what now? Apparently the armada has just been beaten for the time being * cheers * I'm not sure whether or not i'm helping or just adding an obstacle of difficulty in trying to make everyone's story work, so for now i'll just kinda wait silently and read the awesomeness. ^_^ Btw I don't mind if any of you use my character(s). In fact, i'd be rather honored. :D
OOC: ( Pardon me, Kiera/Emma, for jumping in again with technical details even though you started this thread -- if I am too bossy let me know ) Go ahead Elizabeth, that's fine. All the participants have a go at making this story (and plot), so anything pretty much works (or can be wiggled in to work) if it includes what is presently going on (which is why I haven't pulled some of the other segments posted that take place outside of Sivella into the action; I can't figure out how to do so, sorry guys). I'll wait to see what happens as a result of your next post...

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
OOC: ( Pardon me, Kiera/Emma, for jumping in again with technical details even though you started this thread -- if I am too bossy let me know ) Go ahead Elizabeth, that's fine. All the participants have a go at making this story (and plot), so anything pretty much works (or can be wiggled in to work) if it includes what is presently going on (which is why I haven't pulled some of the other segments posted that take place outside of Sivella into the action; I can't figure out how to do so, sorry guys). I'll wait to see what happens as a result of your next post...
OOC: It's fine, Anne, I have no problem with it.

Ciao!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
All of the clockworks had fallen by now. And the pirates had succeeded, with only one of the team having become exhausted to the point of unconsciousness. The small team had won, and they were quite proud of their victory, well, most were.

Mormo and Catbeard noticed their captain and both rolled their eyes. "She does that too much- she really needs to learn to pace herself."

"Mormo agrees."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Thanks Anne! Btw thank you for calling me Elizabeth, I'd much rather be called that rather than Just Add Bacon, no matter how sentimental that name may be... long story...

Elizabeth watched in awe as the group worked quickly as one to win their battle, displaying incredible talent for teamwork and the awareness of others. Once Lizzy made sure that there were no unwanted prying eyes, she leaped in front of the group with a large smile on her face that extended to her electric green eyes. The young pirates seemed startled at seeing the blonde, which only encouraged her. She was successful.

"Well hello there!" the blonde spoke with the accent of a Grizzleheim warrior in a girl's voice. "My name is Lizzy. Follow me, quickly! Luke, Black Fog please?" asked this strange stranger. Once they were enveloped in invisibility, Lizzy led the group into the Laurentine Library. She then made her way to the East Wing and into the Chemistry Hall. Elizabeth walked behind a blackboard and stared at the wall, her eyes darting around like she was reading something rapid-fire. Lizzy spoke to the wall.

"A circle has no beginning nor end." Lizzy said. She turned around and winked at the group, and on that final note of crazy, walked through the wall. Everyone looked around at each other incredulously, then followed Elizabeth through the wall. When they turned around they saw an open wooden door with a plaque on it that read 'Which came first, the Scarakeet or the egg?'. It then erased itself, and the door silently closed. The young pirates trotted down a flight of stone stairs, and was greeted by Lizzy. She smiled at them, then turned around and faced yet another wooden door. "Claudere bi thi ordin of thi Resistencia!" Elizabeth demanded. Nobody knew what language Lizzy spoke in, except for Old Scratch, who looked as petrified as a skeleton could possibly be.

They then entered a small square wooden chamber lit by nothing but four scented candles in each of the corners of the room. Lizzy sat down in a chair next to a table in the middle of the room, and smiled up at the group. "Please, take a seat. I made some Moolong tea. Welcome to the secret chamber of the resistance! There's absolutely no way possible for the armada to infiltrate this place. First you need to be pure of heart, soul, and mind to see the door. Second, you need to correctly answer the question on the door. Third, you need to speak the Ancient Tongue to gain access. This place is one hundred percent secure."

Elizabeth then fell silent and sipped a cup of steaming tea, pinky extended so far it looked as if it would break at any given moment. Her eyes then darkened as she remembered something. "By the way, you need to be careful who you tell about the resistance. More than clockworks work for the armada. Some people are so broken, so injured, so hopelessly dependent on the armada, they will fight to protect it." Her eyes brightened once more. "So, may I ask what brings you to Sivella?"

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CdeWinter on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: I did notice your third roleplay thread, and I'm thinking of join it with my musketeer, Red Jenny, I'm just thinking of how to join it (I don't know Red Jenny as well as Scarlet yet, if that makes any sense))

"Merci beaucoup, Mormo" Scarlet gratefully called as Mormo's fire attack distracted the final two clockworks.
With the sniper distracted, Scarlet was able to hurl her last knife into it's back destroying the clockwork's self-winding spring mechanism.

With no weapons left, Scarlet shoved her hastily made barricade down the balcony stairs crushing the final clockwork marine.

Finally, Scarlet could greet the pirates she had just helped to save. "Salut, I couldn't help notice your predicament, and thought I would join in. What are you doing in Sivella by the way?"
Charlotte quickly scanned the area. From the dangerous chaos of moments earlier, the battlefield had stilled. All the clockworks were down, and none of the pirates and their companions were seriously hurt. She looked at the red-haired girl in front of her, dressed neatly in a plain gown of Valencian fashion, suitable for a student. Charlotte thus assumed Scarlet was a student, albeit one with some quite adventurous skills.

"Greetings," she answered Scarlet formally, with a little bow. "We appreciate your help." Charlotte briefly considered telling her why they were in Sivella, but her innate caution bade her wait. "We do not mean any harm to the Valencians," Charlotte assured her. "But if we can get to a more private place?" she looked around nervously. Charlotte wished she could clear the battlefield of the broken clockworks, but that would take too much time. No, better to get to safety. The missing patrol would be discovered eventually either way, and the more time they took, the more they jeopardized their mission.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
Charlotte quickly scanned the area. From the dangerous chaos of moments earlier, the battlefield had stilled. All the clockworks were down, and none of the pirates and their companions were seriously hurt. She looked at the red-haired girl in front of her, dressed neatly in a plain gown of Valencian fashion, suitable for a student. Charlotte thus assumed Scarlet was a student, albeit one with some quite adventurous skills.

"Greetings," she answered Scarlet formally, with a little bow. "We appreciate your help." Charlotte briefly considered telling her why they were in Sivella, but her innate caution bade her wait. "We do not mean any harm to the Valencians," Charlotte assured her. "But if we can get to a more private place?" she looked around nervously. Charlotte wished she could clear the battlefield of the broken clockworks, but that would take too much time. No, better to get to safety. The missing patrol would be discovered eventually either way, and the more time they took, the more they jeopardized their mission.
"Mormo seen Scarlet before." Mormo mused. The water-mole was familiar with Scarlet, at least he thought so.... Hadn't he seen her somewhere before? Mormo considered it. Didn't Keira ask Emma to watch him once and she introduced Scarlet to him? Hmmm....

"What about Keira?" Catbeard called. "I mean, seriously, she's unconscious." Catbeard rolled his eyes.

Petty Officer
Jun 05, 2011
A Loud blast came from outside of the library.
The group was very startled. As Jack, being very careful looked, he thought he saw Kane.
He whispered, "Guys, Come over here." The Group silently walked to where Jack was.
Luke said startled. "That's Kane!" He started to charge into battle, but Jack stopped him.
Kane saw the open doors of the library and asked an Armada Captain to check it out.
Jack whispered, "SHHHHH! He is coming!"
Luke said, "You said SHHHHH too loud! The black fog has worn off!"
Kane saw the group and said, "Well, well, well, Look who we have here."

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
OOC: Hmm, I think I will wait to see how Elizabeth's latest addition is pulled in before I say anymore about Scarlet.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Thanks Anne! Btw thank you for calling me Elizabeth, I'd much rather be called that rather than Just Add Bacon, no matter how sentimental that name may be... long story...

Elizabeth watched in awe as the group worked quickly as one to win their battle, displaying incredible talent for teamwork and the awareness of others. Once Lizzy made sure that there were no unwanted prying eyes, she leaped in front of the group with a large smile on her face that extended to her electric green eyes. The young pirates seemed startled at seeing the blonde, which only encouraged her. She was successful.

"Well hello there!" the blonde spoke with the accent of a Grizzleheim warrior in a girl's voice. "My name is Lizzy. Follow me, quickly! Luke, Black Fog please?" asked this strange stranger. Once they were enveloped in invisibility, Lizzy led the group into the Laurentine Library. She then made her way to the East Wing and into the Chemistry Hall. Elizabeth walked behind a blackboard and stared at the wall, her eyes darting around like she was reading something rapid-fire. Lizzy spoke to the wall.

"A circle has no beginning nor end." Lizzy said. She turned around and winked at the group, and on that final note of crazy, walked through the wall. Everyone looked around at each other incredulously, then followed Elizabeth through the wall. When they turned around they saw an open wooden door with a plaque on it that read 'Which came first, the Scarakeet or the egg?'. It then erased itself, and the door silently closed. The young pirates trotted down a flight of stone stairs, and was greeted by Lizzy. She smiled at them, then turned around and faced yet another wooden door. "Claudere bi thi ordin of thi Resistencia!" Elizabeth demanded. Nobody knew what language Lizzy spoke in, except for Old Scratch, who looked as petrified as a skeleton could possibly be.

They then entered a small square wooden chamber lit by nothing but four scented candles in each of the corners of the room. Lizzy sat down in a chair next to a table in the middle of the room, and smiled up at the group. "Please, take a seat. I made some Moolong tea. Welcome to the secret chamber of the resistance! There's absolutely no way possible for the armada to infiltrate this place. First you need to be pure of heart, soul, and mind to see the door. Second, you need to correctly answer the question on the door. Third, you need to speak the Ancient Tongue to gain access. This place is one hundred percent secure."

Elizabeth then fell silent and sipped a cup of steaming tea, pinky extended so far it looked as if it would break at any given moment. Her eyes then darkened as she remembered something. "By the way, you need to be careful who you tell about the resistance. More than clockworks work for the armada. Some people are so broken, so injured, so hopelessly dependent on the armada, they will fight to protect it." Her eyes brightened once more. "So, may I ask what brings you to Sivella?"
(OOC: very nice writing, Elizabeth! Great atmosphere -- Impressive)

Charlotte nodded solemnly, looking about her in awe. All the pirates on the ground and their companions were here, the backup group having joined the first when Kiera's group had fallen afoul of the Armada patrol. Kiera was recovering, the boys were unhurt and presently looking around with curiosity. The young student with the Polarian accent was also there [Charlotte not yet realizing that Scarlet is a pirate in disguise!].

Charlotte took a deep breath. For the first time in a long time, she felt... safe. This secret place enfolded her like the petals of a rose. How curious to feel so relaxed in the heart of enemy territory. She turned to Elizabeth.

"My apologies. We had intended to enter the great Library in secret, without the Armada being aware of us. I have fought with the Resistance," Charlotte could not help but say with a little pride, though truthfully, she had only been a midshipman at the time, "and believe me, we would do nothing to endanger the work of the Resistance -- 'May Liberty Prevail'," she quoted fiercely, folding her fist firmly upon her heart.

She hesitated a moment. Should she reveal their mission? But these newcomers had proved to be skillful and powerful allies. Charlotte's instincts told her plainly that this was the time and place to speak, that the sense of being guarded by the petals of a rose, sub rosa, was almost literal. "We are seeking a text and we believe the library in Sivella has a copy. We want to be careful, however, not to lay any suspicion on the librarians. We know they have suffered," she added gravely.

"The text we seek is one of the lesser works of Ptolemy the Wise, an elementary text on basic mathematics in ancient Krokotopia. We don't know if your copy is in the Krokotopian language or in translation - perhaps translated in Aquillan. We have reason to believe that there are details important to code-breaking in the procedure of mathematics written, but since no one does ancient Krokotopian mathematics these days, we need to read this text to figure it out. Can you help us get to see this text? It probably isn't in the main stacks," Charlotte added with a little gentle humor.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010

"What are you doing?" Evan asked anxiously. He had his doubts. "There are just-as-good places above ground..." "Really do we have to do this?" "Ugh......" was his latest comment when the walls began to shake. "Is this supposed to happen?!" Evan shouted over the earthquake...at least they hope it's an earthquake.

An armada captain's voice echoed down the hall because they were right outside the door. "Welcome back, Rooke, to Sivella." The reply could not be heard. "We're glad you could make it here, we are missing our third fleet of clockworks on this island. We have investigated and have found blood on the ground, which only means one thing."

The earth around then began shaking again, and they could all only assume this was Rooke getting closer.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
(OOC: very nice writing, Elizabeth! Great atmosphere -- Impressive)

Charlotte nodded solemnly, looking about her in awe. All the pirates on the ground and their companions were here, the backup group having joined the first when Kiera's group had fallen afoul of the Armada patrol. Kiera was recovering, the boys were unhurt and presently looking around with curiosity. The young student with the Polarian accent was also there [Charlotte not yet realizing that Scarlet is a pirate in disguise!].

Charlotte took a deep breath. For the first time in a long time, she felt... safe. This secret place enfolded her like the petals of a rose. How curious to feel so relaxed in the heart of enemy territory. She turned to Elizabeth.

"My apologies. We had intended to enter the great Library in secret, without the Armada being aware of us. I have fought with the Resistance," Charlotte could not help but say with a little pride, though truthfully, she had only been a midshipman at the time, "and believe me, we would do nothing to endanger the work of the Resistance -- 'May Liberty Prevail'," she quoted fiercely, folding her fist firmly upon her heart.

She hesitated a moment. Should she reveal their mission? But these newcomers had proved to be skillful and powerful allies. Charlotte's instincts told her plainly that this was the time and place to speak, that the sense of being guarded by the petals of a rose, sub rosa, was almost literal. "We are seeking a text and we believe the library in Sivella has a copy. We want to be careful, however, not to lay any suspicion on the librarians. We know they have suffered," she added gravely.

"The text we seek is one of the lesser works of Ptolemy the Wise, an elementary text on basic mathematics in ancient Krokotopia. We don't know if your copy is in the Krokotopian language or in translation - perhaps translated in Aquillan. We have reason to believe that there are details important to code-breaking in the procedure of mathematics written, but since no one does ancient Krokotopian mathematics these days, we need to read this text to figure it out. Can you help us get to see this text? It probably isn't in the main stacks," Charlotte added with a little gentle humor.
Lizzy smiled at the joke. So long since the mood was light. The purpose of the scented candles in the room were to soothe the mind from all troubles, enabling pure clarity to see what needs to be done. Lizzy noticed the hesitation in Charlotte's revealing their mission, and greatly appreciated the fact that she was trusted. She knew first hand that trust is the most expensive thing in the world; sometimes years to earn and seconds to lose.

However, Lizzy's expression fell. "I apologize, the library does not have an available copy of the book you seek." Lizzy watched as her words took effect on the group. She then smiled once more, and spoke. "However I do. The Ancient Tongue is the very first language, the base of all languages. You need not know the actual language rather than the root of it. I'll be right back."

Lizzy left the room, then came back a few minutes later carrying a large dusty gold book with hieroglyphics on it. She looked at the book's cover, her expression furrowed in concentration, which she then released. She looked at the group apologetically. "I... I see your point. It's been a long time since I've read Krokotopian, and frankly I don't remember how to. However, I believe a little hoodoo magic or another book might be able to translate the hieroglyphics into basic words, then I believe we could read it. Well, here you go." Elizabeth handed the heavy book to Charlotte, which nearly made the girl crumble. She regained her balance and took a proper hold on the book, balancing it on her knee. Her eyes brightened with wonder and her hands glided over the cover, amazed that they had managed to get the book so easily. If you call fighting the armada easy.

Elizabeth sat back down at the table and sipped some more tea. "You're welcome to come here any time," she said, setting down her cup of tea after a few sips. She flipped a gold coin to Keira, who caught it, then gazed at the golden medallion. On one side was a golden gryphon, reared on its back talons and roaring into the oblivion. On the other side was the crest of Grizzleheim, Lizzy's second home after becoming an orphan. "Please come and visit me sometime. However much I love books, I can't drown myself in the incredible tales they tell without any human contact once in a while. I live here, by the way. Well, not exactly in this room. You can stay here as long as you want, but I sense the urgency in your mission and I don't believe you have enough time to hang around with a little bookworm like me. I bid you good luck, and good day."

The blonde girl strided to the back wall of the room, saluted the group, then disappeared with a puff of green smoke. When she left, all of the scented candles went out. The candle chandelier above lit itself, illuminated the room once more. Elizabeth of the Golden Gryphon crew was gone.

OOC: Lizzy will come again in times of need. ;) The coin is Lizzy's symbol, it's up to you how you want to use it.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
(So, Emma and the support crew are here then? Ok, sounds good, I can work with that...)

Keira's eyes fluttered open slowly. She was regaining consciousness, but very sluggishly. "Wh-what happened...?" She inquired unsteadily. Keira may be conscious again, but she didn't seem to be doing well at all.

Emma chuckled in disapprovement and took a sip of the glass of Moolong tea she held in her sniping hand. She shook her head as Keira stumbled over. "Ya don't remember? Well, knowing that whatever I say is gonna start an argument and I wasn't even there, so Lizzy or Charlotte, oh, or Evan or Luke, should explain it to ya better than I could."

Keira sighed, but took a seat quickly and grabbed a glass of tea. "All I remember was there being a ton of clockworks... What happened afterward..?"

Mormo spoke up. "Is Keira okay?"

"I'm fine, Mormo."

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
OOC: Ok, I don't know where this is going or what is going to happen. I am so confused.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
(OOC: Hmm, wiggling in Evan's and Luke's writing, keeping the identity of a higher ranking clockwork vague for now... best not use the Elites, but you know there are going to be formidable clockwork captains and commanders -- and we can make those up! Remember the clockwork captain on the docked ship at the Isle of Fetch? He was plenty scary all on his own!)

Meanwhile, as Elizabeth guides the pirates to the hidden room --

Facing the brunt of the pirate attacks, especially Catbeard's and Mormo's, the Armada Captain had fallen. But the damage had been far from permanent. After some internal repairs had been achieved, the Captain arose, looking around him. Damage was still present, which would have to be dealt with later in order for him to be in perfect form. He saw the pirates slipping away towards the main library, and hesitated. Surely some of his own men could be revived to attack the pirates as there was no time to acquire another detachment, but time was precious here. He swiftly decided instead to act as a scout.

As the Armada Captain silently followed the pirates and their companions, the cannon shot welcoming the arrival of an Armada superior shook the island, including the Library itself. It was of supreme indifference to the Armada that every time this salute occurred, valuable books were shaken off library shelves, and often the beautiful Library itself, an architectural splendor of considerable age, suffered structural damage. Continuing on his mission, the Captain turned a corner -- and met bare wall. Try as he might, he could discover no clue to where the pirates had gone. Frustrated, he turned away to join the others welcoming his superior, and also to brief him on the present threat of the small pirate invasion...