Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay II!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Kiera allowed herself to be steered away from the deck where a well-earned rest awaited her. Kan Po, in the absence of Kiera, looked questioningly towards Charlotte. "Your orders, Captain Richardson?"

Charlotte smiled. "Set sail for the Avernus stormgate. We will set our course towards Marleybone."

The news was greeted with a hearty cheer. Now they would leave the stormy, beautiful skies of Valencia, where they were under threat from the Armada every moment. Even the danger of Avernus seemed lighter by comparison.

Charlotte stood at the prow, rejoicing in the wind that whipped her short black hair around her face. They had done it. The book was found; the code could be unlocked. They had saved Elizabeth from the Armada. She was not certain if the evil double had survived or not, but she hoped it had perished. If not, still, that was a problem for another day. Now it was time to report on what happened here, and get back to her own ship, and her own work.

And she had a lot of work to do. The Armada is a terrible, formidable foe, Charlotte reflected somberly, yet her eyes gleamed with a spark of determination. But someday, we will win the day. We are going to beat the Armada.

-----------The End?------------

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
Kiera allowed herself to be steered away from the deck where a well-earned rest awaited her. Kan Po, in the absence of Kiera, looked questioningly towards Charlotte. "Your orders, Captain Richardson?"

Charlotte smiled. "Set sail for the Avernus stormgate. We will set our course towards Marleybone."

The news was greeted with a hearty cheer. Now they would leave the stormy, beautiful skies of Valencia, where they were under threat from the Armada every moment. Even the danger of Avernus seemed lighter by comparison.

Charlotte stood at the prow, rejoicing in the wind that whipped her short black hair around her face. They had done it. The book was found; the code could be unlocked. They had saved Elizabeth from the Armada. She was not certain if the evil double had survived or not, but she hoped it had perished. If not, still, that was a problem for another day. Now it was time to report on what happened here, and get back to her own ship, and her own work.

And she had a lot of work to do. The Armada is a terrible, formidable foe, Charlotte reflected somberly, yet her eyes gleamed with a spark of determination. But someday, we will win the day. We are going to beat the Armada.

OOC: Oooh... the first post of page #10... very excellent way to end the story, Anne! Now, because this is already ten pages long, should we start a new roleplay post about the continuation of this story, continue the story on here, or not continue it at all?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Oooh... the first post of page #10... very excellent way to end the story, Anne! Now, because this is already ten pages long, should we start a new roleplay post about the continuation of this story, continue the story on here, or not continue it at all?
It depends on what the other participants want to do, but I think this makes a good ending here, as we have tied up the major plotlines leaving some open questions (and most good stories do that). Continuing on? Well, since you are the one who created the line that leaves the major open question , I think that is up to you. I'm sure a sequel (probably best as a new thread, but that is just a casual opinion) would be welcome.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012

----The End-----

What a way to end a post! Is this where we end the entire Roleplay? And if we are to make a 'Act II' of sorts, then I'd appreciate letting me start it because I did start this one... If no one minds I mean!

Ciao!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009

It's okay with me if we end the story here, but I also agree that since Emma started this story, she should be one who continues it. If there is a continuation of course.

------------------Most Assuradly The End ? ---------------

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Wait, I forgot in my last post. Should we ask Jack to lock this thread so that the story stays ended?

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
CdeWinter on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
Wait, I forgot in my last post. Should we ask Jack to lock this thread so that the story stays ended?
That is an excellent idea, Scarlet! But before he does, let's make sure that we have everything arranged.

So, Emma is going to start the new roleplay thread, right?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
----The End-----

What a way to end a post! Is this where we end the entire Roleplay? And if we are to make a 'Act II' of sorts, then I'd appreciate letting me start it because I did start this one... If no one minds I mean!

Ciao!
Well, Emma, I'm not sure I'm really up to an Act II -- after all, right now, Charlotte wants to get to her own ship and her own life, Kiera is exhausted, Lizzie is ill, and they have to mop up ends (off story, in effect) in Marleybone. So we know how this part ends. And a lot has been accomplished -- it makes a good story.

A sequel, perhaps, later. The major loose end is the clockwork Lizzy, which may or may not have survived. But right now, we also have lots of other roleplays to keep track off -- 'Tea Leaves of DOOM', which is entering its denoument; 'The Counterfeit Pirate' (what I playfully call Roleplay V) where right now only a couple people know that the island is an active volcano, and only one person has yet discovered alarming evidence of a struggle, etc. including the 'Masked Ball' if I can get that off the ground. I don't think it is a terrible thing to sit and let ideas simmer. But I would vote for a sequel a little time later, so that the characters have a bit of a breather. Just my two pence.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
Well, Emma, I'm not sure I'm really up to an Act II -- after all, right now, Charlotte wants to get to her own ship and her own life, Kiera is exhausted, Lizzie is ill, and they have to mop up ends (off story, in effect) in Marleybone. So we know how this part ends. And a lot has been accomplished -- it makes a good story.

A sequel, perhaps, later. The major loose end is the clockwork Lizzy, which may or may not have survived. But right now, we also have lots of other roleplays to keep track off -- 'Tea Leaves of DOOM', which is entering its denoument; 'The Counterfeit Pirate' (what I playfully call Roleplay V) where right now only a couple people know that the island is an active volcano, and only one person has yet discovered alarming evidence of a struggle, etc. including the 'Masked Ball' if I can get that off the ground. I don't think it is a terrible thing to sit and let ideas simmer. But I would vote for a sequel a little time later, so that the characters have a bit of a breather. Just my two pence.
Yeah... I kind of agree. I've gotten so busy with the roleplays lately I'm surprised I managed to keep up with them! I would kind of like a break from this one too -- I noticed I kept on getting this roleplay and 'Tea Leaves of DOOM' mixed up, and I would really like to keep track of the roleplays a little more easily. I hope you, Emma, don't mind too much? I know you already started an Act II post.