Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay II!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Mar 09, 2011
kvtasmaniafan 123 on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
As both of the lizzy's were fighting nick couldn't fight but that didn't stop grace from accidently clonked real liz in the face she fainted in pain of the wrong hit but then the clockwork liz shot grace in the stomach as lizzy and grace were in a trance they were attacking Emma rapidly with her trying to block as much as she could and then kiera was scared if as she hurts them but she didn't want her friend to get hurt either she was really confused on what to do! if it was easier she would definately attacked the clockwork ...

what is next in this rapid library? we'll see

Romantic nicholas jones level 61 swashbuckler
? Did you read the whole Roleplay? Although the library was definitely involved in the story, the group is now on Keira's Mooshu Galleon, therefore for now it's unlikely that any new characters will arrive unless there's a nautical fight, so who knows what will happen next? Sorry for the confusion.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Elizabeth, Charlotte intends, after the initial grab of the Clockwork spy's arm, to continue the momentum of the grab, twist the arm behind the spy's back, sweep her feet from under her, and knock her to the ground, pinning her there. But it is up to you whether this works or not. Charlotte is more experienced than the real Elizabeth, but she is probably not the better fighter (Elizabeth being a swashbuckler after all), never mind the skills of the Clockwork, intended to be superior. On the other hand, Charlotte has the advantage of surprise (maybe). So, your call.

You do very well with villains, by the way. I am referring both to the Clockwork Lizzy and your mysterious 'Queen Victoria' you invented for another thread...
OOC: Thanks for complimenting me on my ability to be the bad guy. I'm not very used to that sort of thing, so I'm happy that you are complimenting me on one of my weaker aspects.
~
Lizzy's mouth gawped open from shock. Hadn't Charlotte just reassured Lizzy last night that she knew who was the real one? This doesn't seem right!

And then the oxygen fully reached her head. Oh... cover. Right.

Clockwork Lizzy, however, wasn't buying it. "Shut up, Charlie." Clockwork Lizzy took her dagger out of its sheath and jabbed Charlotte's weapon-holding hand, making the girl wince and let go of the spy. The Clockwork began speaking to no one in particular. "Mission failed! I have been caught, and the pirate crew is currently taking me to Marleybone to permanently disable me. I have discovered the weak links in the crew, and I have taken out the animal companions, but the pirates together against me seems like a fair fight, and therefore there's a chance that they will win." throughout Clockwork Lizzy's whole speech, her voice seem less and less human and more and more robot. Rather than her mouth moving and re-shaping itself to form each syllable, it opened at each sentence and stayed at that. Her movements looked more like that of a mechanical fiend, and her eyes didn't move like a living being, but rather they stayed still while her head moved to look around. "I can take all of them on, but it is risky. Alert Supreme Commander Kane immediately: we can no longer continue our original plan. What do you request I do?" Each time one of the pirates came near her, she swung her dagger in their direction, preventing them from even coming close to her.

Another voice, the voice of the clockwork captain the group had faced a few days ago, came out of a transmission device that Clockwork Lizzy had hidden under her topcoat. "Abort mission! You have the information we need, that's good enough and we can still continue the plan. We shall wait for the right time."

Lizzy's face turned white with horror. If that transmission device had been on Clockwork Lizzy this whole time, then that means that the clockwork armada had heard everything going on in the ship! She didn't have very much time to contemplate this, though, because Clockwork Lizzy had sprinted down the narrow hallway and scrambled up the hatch, leaping onto the sunny deck and whipping around to look at the others.

Lizzy wasn't going to let that clockwork scum get away so easily. She felt a burst of agility and all of her training had flooded into her memory while time seemed to slow down around her. That speck of dust floating through the air fell more slowly, the rest of the group didn't seem to moving as fast as she was, and clockwork Lizzy stayed frozen, staring at the original with horror. The human released a battle cry and dove at the clockwork, tearing up her clothes and cutting at the mask. "This is for Charlotte!" -swipe at the eyes- "This is for Keira!" -slash at the knees- "and this is for me!"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Lizzy went at the clockwork with all of her strength, using her knees, elbows, and dagger to thoroughly bash up the spy. The rest of the pirates watched in awe as Lizzy single-handedly took out one of the greatest threats she had ever faced. Once she was done, Clockwork Lizzy could hardly stand, let alone fight back.

“This is not the end of me.” Clockwork Lizzy assured the group, glaring at each and every one of them and making their blood churn. Before anybody could do anything else, Clockwork Lizzy hobbled to the side of the deck and free-falled into the skyway.

Lizzy rushed to the railing and leaned over the side to gaze downward, but all she could see were the clouds. She put her back to the side of the ship and sunk downward, wrapping her arms around her legs and rocking back and forth like a scared young child. Although this was a victory, Lizzy felt like she had just killed a sister and she felt hollow, like she no longer had a reason to live. Sparkles seemed to dance around her small shivering form, obscuring her from view of the others. When the sparkles died, Lizzy was pale, her scar felt like it was on fire, and she felt like she had just lost ten pounds in an unhealthy way.

“A curse.” she muttered, and then she passed out.
~
OOC: And that, Anne, was the surprise I mentioned.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy went at the clockwork with all of her strength, using her knees, elbows, and dagger to thoroughly bash up the spy. The rest of the pirates watched in awe as Lizzy single-handedly took out one of the greatest threats she had ever faced. Once she was done, Clockwork Lizzy could hardly stand, let alone fight back.

“This is not the end of me.” Clockwork Lizzy assured the group, glaring at each and every one of them and making their blood churn. Before anybody could do anything else, Clockwork Lizzy hobbled to the side of the deck and free-falled into the skyway.

Lizzy rushed to the railing and leaned over the side to gaze downward, but all she could see were the clouds. She put her back to the side of the ship and sunk downward, wrapping her arms around her legs and rocking back and forth like a scared young child. Although this was a victory, Lizzy felt like she had just killed a sister and she felt hollow, like she no longer had a reason to live. Sparkles seemed to dance around her small shivering form, obscuring her from view of the others. When the sparkles died, Lizzy was pale, her scar felt like it was on fire, and she felt like she had just lost ten pounds in an unhealthy way.

“A curse.” she muttered, and then she passed out.
~
OOC: And that, Anne, was the surprise I mentioned.
Keira was frozen for a second, and she dared not pick her staff up from its place on the floor. Then, the mention of having "dealt with" the animal companions not only alarmed her, but sent her into a flurry of rage. Mormo, Kan Po! Oh gosh, what had the pile of gears done to them?! She watched as the clockwork disappeared into the clouds. Good. That metal beast deserved it after whatever she had done to Mormo, Kan Po, and Egg Shen as well. Karma, she supposed. But upon realizing Lizzy's reaction, reality seemed to hit her over the head with a baseball bat.

The clockwork was gone... Mormo, Kan Po, and Egg Shen are possibly injured, or worse... The clockworks knew what had transpired on her ship, every moment of it... The Armada was possibly tracking the group... No, no, NOO! It was all overwhelming for the Witchdoctor. She stood there for a moment, attempting to contemplate the confusion of it all, but it was all too much. Keira's lime green eyes rolled up and she fell backward, unconscious.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Keira was frozen for a second, and she dared not pick her staff up from its place on the floor. Then, the mention of having "dealt with" the animal companions not only alarmed her, but sent her into a flurry of rage. Mormo, Kan Po! Oh gosh, what had the pile of gears done to them?! She watched as the clockwork disappeared into the clouds. Good. That metal beast deserved it after whatever she had done to Mormo, Kan Po, and Egg Shen as well. Karma, she supposed. But upon realizing Lizzy's reaction, reality seemed to hit her over the head with a baseball bat.

The clockwork was gone... Mormo, Kan Po, and Egg Shen are possibly injured, or worse... The clockworks knew what had transpired on her ship, every moment of it... The Armada was possibly tracking the group... No, no, NOO! It was all overwhelming for the Witchdoctor. She stood there for a moment, attempting to contemplate the confusion of it all, but it was all too much. Keira's lime green eyes rolled up and she fell backward, unconscious.
Completely oblivious to what was happening on the deck above her, Scarlet reached the brig slight ahead of Emma. The second she saw that Egg Shen was missing she knew something had gone wrong.

"Emma! The clockwork has escaped! Warn the others!" Scarlet yelled as she ran further into the brig.
When she reached the last cell, she found Egg Shen, Mormo, and Kan Po laying unconscious on the floor of the locked cell.

"At least they look alright for now, but I had better find the others." Scarlet though as she ran out of the brig and headed to the Captain's quarters.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Charlotte tucked her bleeding hand tightly across her body, nestled firmly in the crook of her left elbow, and staggered to her feet. She had not given up after being stabbed, although unable to hold on to the spy, and had attempted to use her legs and upper body to knock down and incompacitate the clockwork. It was a good effort, but the clockwork fought back swiftly and ruthlessly, and during most of the spy's speech Charlotte had lain battered and stunned, fighting back the black clouds of unconsciousness. Winning that battle against herself, she grimly determined to continue the fight, and hurried to join Elizabeth's side, but not soon enough. Charlotte saw the spy leap into the sky and was there to one-handedly catch Elizabeth as she sunk to the deck of the ship, looking terribly white and ill.

Charlotte whipped her head around. Kiera fell to the deck in a deep faint. She didn't see Matthew, only a number of Kiera's loyal companions who had rushed to the scene, plainly overwhelmed by shock and dismay. With Kiera down, Charlotte knew she had to take charge.

"See to your captain!" Charlotte ordered Kiera's Bonnie Anne, who took charge of the task with alacrity. She looked to several of the others. "Get the nets and do a sweep! We have to get back that clockwork spy!" It had been damaged by Lizzy's attack, most certainly, and probably would never be able to pose as the real girl again, but it was extremely dangerous. Who knew what havoc it would create if it managed to survive, riding the currents of the ether?

Charlotte felt for Lizzy's pulse. She needed tending, but she would survive, Charlotte assessed as she scrambled again to her feet and pelted for the brig as fast as she could, her own injuries of secondary importance. I have taken out the animal companions, the monster had said. Animals! They aren't animals! And oh, Egg Shen, please be alive! Please, all of you be alive!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Wow. I wonder how many other people will pass out.
OOC: Ha,ha . Charlotte didn't pass out -- I just had to render her unable to move (stunned, but awake) for a short span since otherwise Lizzy's fight against the Armada spy would not have been a solo. Wounded hand or no wounded hand, Charlotte would have been right there with you. Charlotte, like Elizabeth, is a little slip of a thing, and not tremendously strong, but she is tough. 'Twould take a lot more than that to keep her down!

~
Pelting down to the hold, Charlotte got to the brig to see Emma checking over Egg Shen, Kan Po, and Mormo. Emma looked up as Charlotte arrived, her face grim, but her expression softened as she saw the look on the dark-skinned girl's face.

"Whoa, Charlotte. It's okay. They're all alive. They've been hit pretty hard... by a stun bolt, I would guess, but their breathing is steady."

Tears of relief began to stream down Charlotte's face as she knelt by the side of her faithful companion, Egg Shen. "Thank you, Emma," she choked. She unstoppered a Yum flask. "I can tend to them. If you would, could you go on deck and check on Kiera? I think she just fainted, but I'm not exactly sure what happened as the spy jumped overboard."

"Elizabeth also looks in a rather bad way," Charlotte continued quickly. "She didn't have any obvious hurts, but I will tend to her as soon as I can. Please bring up a blanket and keep her warm before I can get there. Also, be ready for a fight. I told Kiera's crew to lower the nets to try to bring up the Armada spy. Elizabeth severely damaged it, but if they manage to catch the spy -- if it did not plummet through the ether and perish -- then it still may be capable of putting up a struggle."

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Ha,ha . Charlotte didn't pass out -- I just had to render her unable to move (stunned, but awake) for a short span since otherwise Lizzy's fight against the Armada spy would not have been a solo. Wounded hand or no wounded hand, Charlotte would have been right there with you. Charlotte, like Elizabeth, is a little slip of a thing, and not tremendously strong, but she is tough. 'Twould take a lot more than that to keep her down!

~
Pelting down to the hold, Charlotte got to the brig to see Emma checking over Egg Shen, Kan Po, and Mormo. Emma looked up as Charlotte arrived, her face grim, but her expression softened as she saw the look on the dark-skinned girl's face.

"Whoa, Charlotte. It's okay. They're all alive. They've been hit pretty hard... by a stun bolt, I would guess, but their breathing is steady."

Tears of relief began to stream down Charlotte's face as she knelt by the side of her faithful companion, Egg Shen. "Thank you, Emma," she choked. She unstoppered a Yum flask. "I can tend to them. If you would, could you go on deck and check on Kiera? I think she just fainted, but I'm not exactly sure what happened as the spy jumped overboard."

"Elizabeth also looks in a rather bad way," Charlotte continued quickly. "She didn't have any obvious hurts, but I will tend to her as soon as I can. Please bring up a blanket and keep her warm before I can get there. Also, be ready for a fight. I told Kiera's crew to lower the nets to try to bring up the Armada spy. Elizabeth severely damaged it, but if they manage to catch the spy -- if it did not plummet through the ether and perish -- then it still may be capable of putting up a struggle."
OOC: Keira has some really tough memories of the Armada. She fears them almost as much as she fears drowning... (Don't ask, all my characters have a personality-related fear. XD Emma's scared of heights, and no wonder why she hates being in the crow's next.)

~

"Keira?! Is she okay?!" Emma perked up, alarmed. "Okay, I'll let ya tend to these guys. I feel bad about not knowing about them until now... It's stupid of me, really. I can only imagine how ya and Keira must have felt, not knowin' if they're okay or not. I know that feelin'." The blonde got to her feet. "Well, I'll be upstairs if ya need me, Charlotte. I'm gonna be doin' my best to tend to Lizzy and Keira. Sheesh... Keira passes out too much." Emma darted up the stairs to the main deck, her footsteps echoing through the brig.

Upon arrival at the main deck, the blonde found both Lizzy and Keira unconscious. The blonde grabbed a card from her bag and a darkly colored hawk flew out of it, flapping its wings as it lingered over the duo of unconscious girls. A ray of light filtered through the hawk's feathers, and in an instant, some of the wounds on both girls began to fade slightly. Just slightly. The blonde was no Privateer, so it was rather difficult for her to figure out how the healing worked. She was more of the type that threw bombs, bear traps, and various explosive materials at her enemies rather than using a healing spell. Thankfully, she was smart enough to get one from the Commodore later in her journeys.

"Come on y'all, lets get ya fixed up." Emma picked up Lizzy first, seeing as her injuries were far more severe, and darted down the set of stairs to the dormitory room. She laid Lizzy down on one of the beds, and then repeated that as she went back up for Keira. "At least I'm smart enough to clean up any injuries firsthand..." She knelt over to Lizzy, and inspected some scratches on the girl from the swinging dagger of the clockwork spy, and she took a wet washcloth and very gently dabbed water onto the bleeding scratches. Emma reluctantly pressured the washcloth against the scratches, and though it seemed to sting the Swashbuckler's already burning wounds, Emma assured herself that it would prevent the scratches from infecting. Then the blonde grabbed a coil of bandages and gingerly wrapped them or placed them over Lizzy's injuries. She sighed aloud, but assured herself this was to help Lizzy, not hurt her.

Emma inspected some tears in the Swashbuckler's clothing. "Oh dear." The Musketeer pondered what to do, then decided Lizzy wouldn't mind borrowing some of Emma's clothes... Right? The blonde turned to her pack, and removed a Mooshuian kimono, as well as a hat and some boots. "I'd better wake her up... Eventually, she needs a moment to recover..." The blonde left the pretty, violet and teal Mooshuian outfit to lay on Lizzy's bed, and then continued to inspect any remaining wounds on the blonde swashbuckler. Her blue eyes widened as she noticed a large scar on her upper arm...

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Keira has some really tough memories of the Armada. She fears them almost as much as she fears drowning... (Don't ask, all my characters have a personality-related fear. XD Emma's scared of heights, and no wonder why she hates being in the crow's next.)

~

"Keira?! Is she okay?!" Emma perked up, alarmed. "Okay, I'll let ya tend to these guys. I feel bad about not knowing about them until now... It's stupid of me, really. I can only imagine how ya and Keira must have felt, not knowin' if they're okay or not. I know that feelin'." The blonde got to her feet. "Well, I'll be upstairs if ya need me, Charlotte. I'm gonna be doin' my best to tend to Lizzy and Keira. Sheesh... Keira passes out too much." Emma darted up the stairs to the main deck, her footsteps echoing through the brig.

Upon arrival at the main deck, the blonde found both Lizzy and Keira unconscious. The blonde grabbed a card from her bag and a darkly colored hawk flew out of it, flapping its wings as it lingered over the duo of unconscious girls. A ray of light filtered through the hawk's feathers, and in an instant, some of the wounds on both girls began to fade slightly. Just slightly. The blonde was no Privateer, so it was rather difficult for her to figure out how the healing worked. She was more of the type that threw bombs, bear traps, and various explosive materials at her enemies rather than using a healing spell. Thankfully, she was smart enough to get one from the Commodore later in her journeys.

"Come on y'all, lets get ya fixed up." Emma picked up Lizzy first, seeing as her injuries were far more severe, and darted down the set of stairs to the dormitory room. She laid Lizzy down on one of the beds, and then repeated that as she went back up for Keira. "At least I'm smart enough to clean up any injuries firsthand..." She knelt over to Lizzy, and inspected some scratches on the girl from the swinging dagger of the clockwork spy, and she took a wet washcloth and very gently dabbed water onto the bleeding scratches. Emma reluctantly pressured the washcloth against the scratches, and though it seemed to sting the Swashbuckler's already burning wounds, Emma assured herself that it would prevent the scratches from infecting. Then the blonde grabbed a coil of bandages and gingerly wrapped them or placed them over Lizzy's injuries. She sighed aloud, but assured herself this was to help Lizzy, not hurt her.

Emma inspected some tears in the Swashbuckler's clothing. "Oh dear." The Musketeer pondered what to do, then decided Lizzy wouldn't mind borrowing some of Emma's clothes... Right? The blonde turned to her pack, and removed a Mooshuian kimono, as well as a hat and some boots. "I'd better wake her up... Eventually, she needs a moment to recover..." The blonde left the pretty, violet and teal Mooshuian outfit to lay on Lizzy's bed, and then continued to inspect any remaining wounds on the blonde swashbuckler. Her blue eyes widened as she noticed a large scar on her upper arm...
"Thank you, Emma." Emma turned her attention to Charlotte, who was pulling aside the blanket that served as a crude divider for below-decks privacy. She gave Emma a wan smile. "Kan Po, Mormo, and Egg Shen are all well. In fact, I couldn't keep Mormo from rushing above decks to come to the aid of Kiera! Egg Shen wanted to be there too, in case the spy is captured, and he figured I'd be safe enough down here."

Then Charlotte noticed the look of shocked dismay on Emma's face and located the source. "O, Elizabeth's scar? It's old, don't worry. It seems she got a bad burn a long time ago. Although," Charlotte frowned as she came closer, "now that old injury it seems to be inflamed. Hmm," she finished thoughtfully, and sat rather heavily down in a nearby chair.

"I'll tend to Elizabeth as soon as I deal with my hand," Charlotte commented practically, pulling out the mess of her right hand from the crook of her left elbow. "Glad you brought warm water -- that was good thinking." Charlotte grimaced as she flexed her injured hand to clean and treat it, but spoke lightly. "A little Yum, some Yum salve, and it will be as good as new soon enough. But, if you wouldn't mind, Emma, if you could stay a moment to help me wrap a bandage around it, to remind me to take it easy for at least a few hours with it. It's kind of hard to wrap one's own hand," she added with an apologetic smile.

"And how is Kiera? Is she all right?"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:

~

Lizzy jumped awake to find herself drowning in pain and bandages, nearly passing out again because of the sheer force of her wounds. "Oooohhhhh..." Lizzy moaned, pressing her hand against her head, a mega headache pulsing her brain. And then she noticed Emma looking at her like she had just turned into a seven-headed hydra. "I don't look that bad, do I?" Lizzy asked, her hand moving to her hair.

Petty Officer
Dec 30, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Charlotte tucked her bleeding hand tightly across her body, nestled firmly in the crook of her left elbow, and staggered to her feet. She had not given up after being stabbed, although unable to hold on to the spy, and had attempted to use her legs and upper body to knock down and incompacitate the clockwork. It was a good effort, but the clockwork fought back swiftly and ruthlessly, and during most of the spy's speech Charlotte had lain battered and stunned, fighting back the black clouds of unconsciousness. Winning that battle against herself, she grimly determined to continue the fight, and hurried to join Elizabeth's side, but not soon enough. Charlotte saw the spy leap into the sky and was there to one-handedly catch Elizabeth as she sunk to the deck of the ship, looking terribly white and ill.

Charlotte whipped her head around. Kiera fell to the deck in a deep faint. She didn't see Matthew, only a number of Kiera's loyal companions who had rushed to the scene, plainly overwhelmed by shock and dismay. With Kiera down, Charlotte knew she had to take charge.

"See to your captain!" Charlotte ordered Kiera's Bonnie Anne, who took charge of the task with alacrity. She looked to several of the others. "Get the nets and do a sweep! We have to get back that clockwork spy!" It had been damaged by Lizzy's attack, most certainly, and probably would never be able to pose as the real girl again, but it was extremely dangerous. Who knew what havoc it would create if it managed to survive, riding the currents of the ether?

Charlotte felt for Lizzy's pulse. She needed tending, but she would survive, Charlotte assessed as she scrambled again to her feet and pelted for the brig as fast as she could, her own injuries of secondary importance. I have taken out the animal companions, the monster had said. Animals! They aren't animals! And oh, Egg Shen, please be alive! Please, all of you be alive!
Matthew was inside, searching for the others, when he heard muffled voices coming from an empty room. Opening it, he found the captured companions, tied up and gagged. When he tried to untie them, he heard someone coming, and when he turned around, he saw the severely damaged Clockwork Lizzy. "What the..."
The robot tried to stab him, but he vanished and then tackled it, sending them both rolling into the hallway. Matthew drew his daggers just in time to block her next attack, and the two continued to try and force each other back. The copy forced his daggers out of his hands, but when she struck, he used the Japenese form of iketu to dodge the stab and use her momentum to send her flying. Using his opportunity, he fled to find the others to inform them of his findings and near-skewering.

OOC:At this rate, Matthew will soon find Charlotte, with Clockwork Lizzy on his tail. Hope this is OK. How did the spy survive? Who cares? The point is to avoid getting skewered.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
CyberMaster12 on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
Matthew was inside, searching for the others, when he heard muffled voices coming from an empty room. Opening it, he found the captured companions, tied up and gagged. When he tried to untie them, he heard someone coming, and when he turned around, he saw the severely damaged Clockwork Lizzy. "What the..."
The robot tried to stab him, but he vanished and then tackled it, sending them both rolling into the hallway. Matthew drew his daggers just in time to block her next attack, and the two continued to try and force each other back. The copy forced his daggers out of his hands, but when she struck, he used the Japenese form of iketu to dodge the stab and use her momentum to send her flying. Using his opportunity, he fled to find the others to inform them of his findings and near-skewering.

OOC:At this rate, Matthew will soon find Charlotte, with Clockwork Lizzy on his tail. Hope this is OK. How did the spy survive? Who cares? The point is to avoid getting skewered.
OOC: ??? But... Clockwork Lizzy is gone? She can certainly be re-introduced to the plot if you wish, but right now is the in-between stage, when both sides are healing for another fight or another different part of the story. I planned on Lizzy asking what they originally planned for the krokotopian book, but are we going to roll with Clockwork Lizzy coming back so quickly that surely she's still battered and bruised and going to be beaten easily?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Scarlet raced into Kiera's quarters only to find them empty. (OOC: Scarlet is quite tall about 5' 9", so below decks she often has to stoop as she moves about which can slow her down a bit) But she did notice that the door to the main deck was standing wide open.

Scarlet raced out onto the quarter deck, and saw Emma attending to Lizzie and Kiera on the fore castle.
Not seeing the clockwork anywhere, Scarlet slowed to a walk as she approached Emma and Charlotte,
"I guess you already know the clockwork has escaped then?" Scarlet asked Charlotte.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
OOC: ??? But... Clockwork Lizzy is gone? She can certainly be re-introduced to the plot if you wish, but right now is the in-between stage, when both sides are healing for another fight or another different part of the story. I planned on Lizzy asking what they originally planned for the krokotopian book, but are we going to roll with Clockwork Lizzy coming back so quickly that surely she's still battered and bruised and going to be beaten easily?
OOC: I could see it this way -- As the Armada spy falls through the sky, she gets ahold of the ship's rudder or something. She has been told to abort the mission, but... perhaps she can't resist the opportunity to win the conflict, and for revenge. (Nobody said she had to be sane. And perhaps the clockworks in general are not quite sane either) So, she gets in, somehow, on a lower deck. How, I don't know, but I have no idea how she got out of a locked, guarded cell in the brig, either. She disables the crew she finds on the lower deck, and encounters Matthew... and now Matthew is running to where Charlotte, Emma, and Elizabeth are located, indeed where most of the players have a character, which is an excellent thing for the players (and Scarlet can easily show up logically as well). Elizabeth isn't in particularly good shape to fight, but she already ably did so, and now the other kids can have a turn.

However, with this scenario, the Clockwork Lizzy is unlikely to escape, and is extremely likely to be destroyed. Might want to decide on the rules of engagement before we enter battle. Charlotte, certainly, is not planning to give the spy any quarter...

In the meantime, though, Charlotte is thinking that the battles are over, temporarily, and I'm going to write to reflect that...

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy jumped awake to find herself drowning in pain and bandages, nearly passing out again because of the sheer force of her wounds. "Oooohhhhh..." Lizzy moaned, pressing her hand against her head, a mega headache pulsing her brain. And then she noticed Emma looking at her like she had just turned into a seven-headed hydra. "I don't look that bad, do I?" Lizzy asked, her hand moving to her hair.
Charlotte gave a little chuckle. "You've looked better, but I've seen worse," she gently teased. "Here, drink this," she continued, tipping a flask of Yum to Elizabeth's lips. "You can just shut your eyes for the moment if you like."

"You don't look like you've taken any but minor injuries," Charlotte analyzed rather clinically, "yet you have the appearance of one who is quite ill, and your old burn mark is inflamed, which surely shouldn't happen. Did the spy poison you? Do you know what happened?"

Elizabeth did not know what to answer, and hardly felt up to the task of trying.

"As long as you recover quickly with treatment, you don't have to answer yet," Charlotte amended hastily. "Just think about it, if you can. Also, another thing to think about: do you think you are up to the task of going to Marleybone and briefing Marleybonean Intelligence on this Armada spy? It very well may not have survived falling into the skyway, but I am sure Mr. M and his colleagues would want to know as much about this as possible. I can come with you, if you wish. I will be meeting up with the rest of my companions and my ship there, on the Isle of Dogs, so it is my present destination, now that we have the means to decipher the recent code found. Time for me to be getting back to my own world, my own dimension," Charlotte concluded with a wistful smile.

Petty Officer
Dec 30, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
I am so sorry, I just jumped in and posted. Mine came in right after some ones that totally oppose what I described. Please just disregard it. I sincerely apologize to you and the others for getting ahead of myself.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
CyberMaster12 on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
I am so sorry, I just jumped in and posted. Mine came in right after some ones that totally oppose what I described. Please just disregard it. I sincerely apologize to you and the others for getting ahead of myself.
OOC: XD It's fine, you're not the first to do that. I made a segment in Roleplay IV about Connor and Lizzy shortly after Connor made a segment about him going to Marleybone, so then we had two Connors, one in Marleybone and one with Lizzy. That got a little bit confusing. Lol that was kind of fun, working it out. Anne, is it okay if we disregard the Clockwork Lizzy thing? I do have some plans for her, but the fact that Clockwork Lizzy is still on the ship would counteract my ideas.
~
Lizzy meekly nodded in response to informing Mr. M about the clockwork, then slumped back into a laying-down position as soon as she was done drinking the yum. Lizzy thought long and hard about how she came to be poisoned, or cursed, or whatever, but she could only come up with one reason and felt ashamed about bringing it up. Still, this was important information, she might as well share it. "Shortly after my parents died, my brother and I were separated so that we had a better chance of surviving. Once we separated, something like this happened to both of us. Two kin, split apart. As much as I hate to say this, that clockwork is my kin, and she could have very well killed herself because of me."
The blonde bowed her head in shame, for she shouldn't care for that horrible bucket of bolts, but she couldn't help it. More than anything else she wondered what had happened to the clockwork. Lizzy knew that if the clockwork was anything like her, then Clockwork Lizzy would have survived to rebuild herself, waiting for another chance to do her job. I wonder if Clockwork Lizzy is going through this too.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
OOC: XD It's fine, you're not the first to do that. I made a segment in Roleplay IV about Connor and Lizzy shortly after Connor made a segment about him going to Marleybone, so then we had two Connors, one in Marleybone and one with Lizzy. That got a little bit confusing. Lol that was kind of fun, working it out. Anne, is it okay if we disregard the Clockwork Lizzy thing? I do have some plans for her, but the fact that Clockwork Lizzy is still on the ship would counteract my ideas.
~
Lizzy meekly nodded in response to informing Mr. M about the clockwork, then slumped back into a laying-down position as soon as she was done drinking the yum. Lizzy thought long and hard about how she came to be poisoned, or cursed, or whatever, but she could only come up with one reason and felt ashamed about bringing it up. Still, this was important information, she might as well share it. "Shortly after my parents died, my brother and I were separated so that we had a better chance of surviving. Once we separated, something like this happened to both of us. Two kin, split apart. As much as I hate to say this, that clockwork is my kin, and she could have very well killed herself because of me."
The blonde bowed her head in shame, for she shouldn't care for that horrible bucket of bolts, but she couldn't help it. More than anything else she wondered what had happened to the clockwork. Lizzy knew that if the clockwork was anything like her, then Clockwork Lizzy would have survived to rebuild herself, waiting for another chance to do her job. I wonder if Clockwork Lizzy is going through this too.
"Lizzy," Emma's cerulean eyes bore into Lizzy's malachite ones. "Ya okay? Ya don't seem like yourself." The blonde took a seat at the end of Lizzy's bed. "This clockwork... Ya were that close, weren't ya? Not in that friendly way that I'm close with you, Anne, Keira, Scarlet, and even Charlotte here, but in the family way. Y'all were-" the blonde looked a little reluctant- "sisters, weren't ya? By blood too, when ya look at it. According to the ringlets in that big ol' cut o' yours, you literally are BLOOD sisters, ain't ya?" The blonde snickered for a moment, even feeling bad about it, but she continued. "Ya know, even I barely know what I'm ramblin' on about, but trust me, I understand. I ain't sad with ya, or angry, I feel sad for ya. Losin' family is like losin' my snipin' arm!"

The Musketeer handed Lizzy her Mooshuian ensemble, and then looked at Lizzy's own torn attire. "Girl, on a lighter note, I ain't the fashion police, but.... Let me try an' stitch those clothes o' yours back up for ya. Till then you can borrow this." She gestured toward the violet and teal outfit spread on the bed between them.

OOC: Ok, I missed some stuff. Camping trip!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
~
OOC: Ok, Elizabeth, will do. Though that was nice writing Matthew, and I would have welcomed a go at trouncing the Armada spy. Some other time...

~

I hope it did die because of you, Charlotte thought angrily about the Armada spy. How was it possible that Elizabeth felt such a connection with the murderous creature? Surely it had something to do with the blood the enemy had taken from Elizabeth and doubtless used to create the double. Uggh. With effort, Charlotte repressed a shudder and tucked in the blankets gently around Elizabeth. "Get some more sleep, Elizabeth. This has been an awful ordeal for you. But it is over, and I hope that we can prevent this happening to anyone else." She smoothed Elizabeth's hair, and then fully stood, seeing Scarlet arrive.

Despite everything, she couldn't help but smile ruefully at Scarlet's question. "Um, yes, you would be right about that, Scarlet. And I would dearly love to know how the spy managed to escape a locked and guarded cell in the locked brig. But for now I am glad you and Emma are here to keep an eye on Elizabeth, as I had better go and see how Kiera is doing."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
"Lizzy," Emma's cerulean eyes bore into Lizzy's malachite ones. "Ya okay? Ya don't seem like yourself." The blonde took a seat at the end of Lizzy's bed. "This clockwork... Ya were that close, weren't ya? Not in that friendly way that I'm close with you, Anne, Keira, Scarlet, and even Charlotte here, but in the family way. Y'all were-" the blonde looked a little reluctant- "sisters, weren't ya? By blood too, when ya look at it. According to the ringlets in that big ol' cut o' yours, you literally are BLOOD sisters, ain't ya?" The blonde snickered for a moment, even feeling bad about it, but she continued. "Ya know, even I barely know what I'm ramblin' on about, but trust me, I understand. I ain't sad with ya, or angry, I feel sad for ya. Losin' family is like losin' my snipin' arm!"

The Musketeer handed Lizzy her Mooshuian ensemble, and then looked at Lizzy's own torn attire. "Girl, on a lighter note, I ain't the fashion police, but.... Let me try an' stitch those clothes o' yours back up for ya. Till then you can borrow this." She gestured toward the violet and teal outfit spread on the bed between them.

OOC: Ok, I missed some stuff. Camping trip!
OOC: Welcome back! Did you have fun?
~
Lizzy giggled a little, appreciating Emma's attempt to lighten her mood. Of course, Lizzy had no idea what it would be like to loose a sniping arm, but she could imagine it wouldn't be the most comfortable thing in the world. "Mother wouldn't be pleased that we have a sister," Lizzy began, her eyes glazing over for a brief moment as she left the room in the ship and entered one in her memory, "as I recall, my mother seemed to think that Andrew and I alone were a handful." She paused, regaining her breath and coming back to the present. "Thanks for the clothes, Emma..." Suddenly she felt very drowsy at Charlotte's mere suggestion of sleep, and before she could give up her ratty clothes to Emma, she conked out.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Keira had just awoken from what felt like a nightmare mixed with a horror movie. She blinked multiple times in an attempt to remember what happened. Oh yes- the clockwork escaped. Lovely. Gave her one more thing to panic about!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Welcome back! Did you have fun?
~
Lizzy giggled a little, appreciating Emma's attempt to lighten her mood. Of course, Lizzy had no idea what it would be like to loose a sniping arm, but she could imagine it wouldn't be the most comfortable thing in the world. "Mother wouldn't be pleased that we have a sister," Lizzy began, her eyes glazing over for a brief moment as she left the room in the ship and entered one in her memory, "as I recall, my mother seemed to think that Andrew and I alone were a handful." She paused, regaining her breath and coming back to the present. "Thanks for the clothes, Emma..." Suddenly she felt very drowsy at Charlotte's mere suggestion of sleep, and before she could give up her ratty clothes to Emma, she conked out.
Emma smiled in an almost motherly manner, and she disappeared into a desperate room for a temporary period of time. She intended on giving Lizzy something to eat and drink for when she woke up- and having acknowledged that tea was not a favorite of the Swashbuckler, decided on coffee for her instead. Emma started on some batter for some spice cakes- hopefully Lizzy enjoyed those!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Keira had just awoken from what felt like a nightmare mixed with a horror movie. She blinked multiple times in an attempt to remember what happened. Oh yes- the clockwork escaped. Lovely. Gave her one more thing to panic about!
As Kiera blinked, she saw a sea of concerned faces -- Bonnie Anne, Mormo, Kan Po... and then Charlotte's head wove into view. "Oh, good, Kiera. You're awake. Fancy a pot of tea? I think Emma is getting one going over a spirit lamp over in the guest quarters," Charlotte commented practically, gesturing awkwardly with a heavily bandaged hand. "Elizabeth had something of a... well, I don't know what to call it really, perhaps a 'spiritual' reaction when the spy fell through the sky, and she's not doing as well as I hoped, but she should make a full recovery given time. I hope her reaction means the spy is dead and gone."

"In any event, what do you say -- shall we go now to Marleybone and talk to Mr. M?"

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
As Kiera blinked, she saw a sea of concerned faces -- Bonnie Anne, Mormo, Kan Po... and then Charlotte's head wove into view. "Oh, good, Kiera. You're awake. Fancy a pot of tea? I think Emma is getting one going over a spirit lamp over in the guest quarters," Charlotte commented practically, gesturing awkwardly with a heavily bandaged hand. "Elizabeth had something of a... well, I don't know what to call it really, perhaps a 'spiritual' reaction when the spy fell through the sky, and she's not doing as well as I hoped, but she should make a full recovery given time. I hope her reaction means the spy is dead and gone."

"In any event, what do you say -- shall we go now to Marleybone and talk to Mr. M?"
"Set sail!" The Witchdoctor responded before endeavoring to get to her feet. She was tired, and it was becoming quite obvious as she walked. "As for that tea... Certainly. I'd love some..." The black haired girl was tired, and even tired was an understatement. Exhilarated was more of a word.

Of course, Bonnie Anne, Mormo, and Kan Po were very resistant. Bonnie spoke up in concern. "But cap'n, ye're tired and hardly fit for steerin'!" The fox exclaimed. "Ye need to lay down, let Captains Charlotte, Keira, and Emma take over for a while. I'm certain Kan Po is willin' to steer." The sniper was concerned for her captain, and not willing to let her go off and steer a ship when she's close to falling asleep again. "Come on, Emma'll get ye some tea and possibly something to eat- she's already tending to Lizzy."

"Mormo agrees."