Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

scylla quest too hard

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 09, 2009
the heads are easy with solo but the Scylla spawns area way too much for a solo player when I battle with the Scylla spawns there is so many and only too companions which is a very unfair fight.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Damion4321433 on Jun 9, 2013 wrote:
the heads are easy with solo but the Scylla spawns area way too much for a solo player when I battle with the Scylla spawns there is so many and only too companions which is a very unfair fight.
this is an end game instance I did it and i was 65 already. I tried it back at 50 no way.

Ensign
May 05, 2011
..? It looks like you're in bad luck, because the Scylla spawns are easy if you're the right level, I usually have a least 2 companions by my side and at the most 3. And the spawns are equal to my numbers or just one above it. You should be able to do it.

Ensign
Jan 02, 2009
I was able to beat it doing the temples side quest. When I came back to it for the main quest there are several more spawn than before. I counted 14 on my last attempt. Anyone have any hints on beating this many? Also, can you do this quest with friends? Have not been able to yet.

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
The key to beating them is to make sure that you clear off the excess Scylla tokens (yellow with Gobbler faces) off your deck BEFORE you head into the green cloud to fight the Scylla Spawn. This should make only 3-5 appear. If you had 14 it's because you had so many tokens that turned into Spawn. After you defeat the final head back your ship up out of reach and run around the deck clearing all the tokens. THEN steer into the cloud to do the Spawn fight.

Also you may want to note that their Epic talent is Riposte so make sure that you have either Long range companions or those with extremely high Accuracy as your first mate (or top two rows).

Yes other players can join you for your deck battle. They can even help clear off the tokens while you are fighting the heads. They CANNOT unbottle their ship in this zone. (neither can you if you are on the wrong one). Just know that, like any other group battles, the more players/companions there are, the more Spawn you will have, too.

Best of luck to you!

~SM~

PS If anyone is interested I just posted my strategy for fighting the Scylla heads only for farming purposes in a thread under this forum called, "Too Time Consuming"

~SM~

Ensign
May 07, 2011
You know that when Scylla attacks your ship, she leaves 'Scylla Spawn Tokens' on your boat, that turn into the Scylla spawn when the fight starts? Just clear the tokens and you'll get like 3 Scylla Spawns-ish.

Ensign
Jul 11, 2012
How is it possible to beat Scylla. It is physically impossible! The heads either keep attacking me at once or the heads almost always dodge my ship's attacks. Please give me tips on how to beat her.

Community Leader
Swashbuckling Jay on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
How is it possible to beat Scylla. It is physically impossible! The heads either keep attacking me at once or the heads almost always dodge my ship's attacks. Please give me tips on how to beat her.
Go in slow, and from the side, approach slowly, and stop as soon as you are in range of a head. Battle it, move in enough to battle next head, and continue. No need to fight them all at once!

After done battling the heads, to make battling the Scylla easier, hit tab, and clear your deck of tokens before entering the Scylla cloud. It will keep their numbers down to a much more reasonable battle.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
Swashbuckling Jay on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
In this case, it sounds like you may need to upgrade your ship parts - check the Bazaar to see what's available.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Wonderful tips you guys. Well yarred and appreciated.

Ensign
Jul 02, 2009
I used my Eagle Galleon with the ship parts with the drops from the skyway. You should be at least level 64 character level before attempting it. You having few companions at max level helps a lot. The nautical level of the eagle galleon is 56. Crown shop ship armor and cannon are the best but the dropped stuff in the SW section of the skyway is available and drop regular. The bigger ships are easier to use and survive well.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
You think so? I had a lvl 65 there and it was easy, and none of my guys died during the battle at all, but it seems alright to me at least. Silver Griffin Xiriga