Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Marleybone is the U.k and Ireland together?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 06, 2011
If not why the White cliffs of Rover as the cliffs of Moher are in Ireland?
It kind annoys Irish people when we're lumped in together with the U.k

Developer
Breakfastprince on May 28, 2013 wrote:
If not why the White cliffs of Rover as the cliffs of Moher are in Ireland?
It kind annoys Irish people when we're lumped in together with the U.k
No offense intended - the name is actually a pun on the White Cliffs of Dover.

We are guilty, however, of lumping Ireland in with Scotland. I hope that's less annoying...

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
Although I admit that they probably missed a good opportunity there, I believe it's supposed to be "The British Isles" in general, as it also includes the Isle of Man (or rather, the Isle of Dogs). So, yes, it would likely include the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, and the Crown Dependencies.

But then again, this is Pirate101, so it's not really supposed to be truly connected to any Real Life nation or nations. It kind of annoys us Koreans when we're mixed up with the Chinese and Japanese, but I thought Mooshu was quite fun regardless.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
~~ Noir The Sable

Developer
Aeolian Dust on May 29, 2013 wrote:
Although I admit that they probably missed a good opportunity there, I believe it's supposed to be "The British Isles" in general, as it also includes the Isle of Man (or rather, the Isle of Dogs). So, yes, it would likely include the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, and the Crown Dependencies.

But then again, this is Pirate101, so it's not really supposed to be truly connected to any Real Life nation or nations. It kind of annoys us Koreans when we're mixed up with the Chinese and Japanese, but I thought Mooshu was quite fun regardless.

~~ Noir The Sable
Actually, the Isle of Dogs is a real district in London, former home of the docks for the West India Company and one of the most bustling harbors in the city. With a name like that, it's impossible to resist!

But yes, the Isle of Man allusion definitely occurred to me too. So it's a double pun! Like the Dead Man's Hand...

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
KI also took Ned Land, a French Canadian Whaler from Jules Vern's 20 000 leagues under the sea and made him Scottish.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Petty Officer
Jan 10, 2013
Aeolian Dust on May 29, 2013 wrote:

~~ Noir The Sable
Believe me, it's really annoying to me when everybody asks that "Which part of Japan is Hong Kong in?" :P