Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I just realized something!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 15, 2012
which one of the magnificent seven gets promoted in aquila as a privateer jane canary or wild bill KINGSILE HELP ME(espically since im going to be making a lp as a privatter soon)

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
thatonevalenciansw... on May 27, 2013 wrote:
which one of the magnificent seven gets promoted in aquila as a privateer jane canary or wild bill KINGSILE HELP ME(espically since im going to be making a lp as a privatter soon)
They both get promoted, but the quest will be for Jane Canary while Wild Bill gets promo for gold.

Petty Officer
Jan 10, 2013
As Blind Mew and/or Ratbeard and/or OEJ mentioned somewhere else, this turn Jane gets a promotion quest while Wild Bill promotes for Gold.

I think KI will be switching which gets the quest next time they promote.

Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
Does Bat Masterson get a promotion for gold or a quest?

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Lily Evans on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
he gets one for a quest although it is really tough with him

Ensign
Dec 16, 2009
They both get promoted but Wild Bill has to be promoted with gold.

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
As far as I am aware after having promoted 3 of my own Mag 7, they will ALL (with the exception of the Jane/Wild Bill duo) be doing the same promotion quest. None of them will be promoting for gold because these are special companions. So Wild Bill will be gold (because Jane gets quest) as others have said. While Calamity Jane, Buffalo Bill, Bat Masterson, Billy the Kidd (the 3 I've done), & Duck Holiday will have a really interesting promotion quest line.

Also from the 3 I've done, the promotion is the same for them all. However, the dialogue is VERY different and also very much worth reading :)

~SM~

Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
They both get there promotions at level 60 xD

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
LoveableFloraStron... on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
They both get there promotions at level 60 xD
Thanks and welcome to the message boards Flora. We all welcome you and encourage you to let us know what you think and how you feel. We are a smart, fun, silly lot that love to visit with each other. Please continue to join us.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Firegred on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
They both get promoted but Wild Bill has to be promoted with gold.
Welcome to the message boards Firegred . I welcome your imformative input and can't wait to hear to what else you have for us.

Ensign
Mar 09, 2013
quest

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
did u no that the m 7 was real in the western times u should search there name and see for your self

Ensign
Mar 09, 2013
treasurelover224 on Nov 21, 2013 wrote:
did u no that the m 7 was real in the western times u should search there name and see for your self
I had looked them up right after i seen them

Captain
May 13, 2011
just a tip: even if you buy them with crowns, they still need to quest to promote (excluding bill). like all companions, they also get a new attack which guarantees hitting, but unlike other companions also get a new animation for mega attacks and up. for some reason, they dont get musketeers mettle. they are still stuck with musketeers mastery. i was a little confused that billy the kid changed fur color from white to brown, but i think it looks better on him now

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sneaky George Quar... on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
just a tip: even if you buy them with crowns, they still need to quest to promote (excluding bill). like all companions, they also get a new attack which guarantees hitting, but unlike other companions also get a new animation for mega attacks and up. for some reason, they dont get musketeers mettle. they are still stuck with musketeers mastery. i was a little confused that billy the kid changed fur color from white to brown, but i think it looks better on him now
Re: Fur color change. I have noticed that this is to help you know which is the real companion and which is the crown shop 'brother' The Kan Po and Kobe ones are also brown and Sara's sister Lucy has black hair. I am sure this is also true for all the crown shop siblings.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
thatonevalenciansw... on May 27, 2013 wrote:
NEITHER! You may be talking/thinking about Bat Masterson. I am actually a Privateer Lv. 65 and a Musketeer Lv. 20. Wild Bill stays as a Musketeer, Calamity Jane Canary stays as a Musketeer too

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
1Of1Musketeer on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
NEITHER! You may be talking/thinking about Bat Masterson. I am actually a Privateer Lv. 65 and a Musketeer Lv. 20. Wild Bill stays as a Musketeer, Calamity Jane Canary stays as a Musketeer too
He means which companion has a quest in order for promotion, Wild Bill, or Jane Canary.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
1of1 Buccaneer on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
He means which companion has a quest in order for promotion, Wild Bill, or Jane Canary.
Oh! In that case, Which ever one you try to promote last. Say you did Bill first, he'd get promoted by money. Then if you do Jane, she'll have the quest.

Captain
May 13, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
Re: Fur color change. I have noticed that this is to help you know which is the real companion and which is the crown shop 'brother' The Kan Po and Kobe ones are also brown and Sara's sister Lucy has black hair. I am sure this is also true for all the crown shop siblings.
but billy has no crowns shop counterpart. he simply changes fur color after he promotes. is it a reused skin? i think i saw it on another goat

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sneaky George Quar... on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
but billy has no crowns shop counterpart. he simply changes fur color after he promotes. is it a reused skin? i think i saw it on another goat
Billy is in the Crown Shop. If you already have him in your crew he will not show up in the Crown Shop. Try using another class and look then, you will find him there.

Captain
May 13, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
Billy is in the Crown Shop. If you already have him in your crew he will not show up in the Crown Shop. Try using another class and look then, you will find him there.
i think you misunderstand. all im saying is billy changes his fur color when he promotes. whether hes recruited by bucs or bought in the crown shop doesnt change anything. he has no crown shop counterpart unlike the starter, kraken skulls and presidio companions

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
i totally agree with stormy hunter zest. Bat masterson's promotion especially the part with the dread manticore is hard.
-Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 65 Witch Doctor

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sneaky George Quar... on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
i think you misunderstand. all im saying is billy changes his fur color when he promotes. whether hes recruited by bucs or bought in the crown shop doesnt change anything. he has no crown shop counterpart unlike the starter, kraken skulls and presidio companions
I understand you now.

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
Do all the m7 companions expect Bill get the same quest?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
treasurelover224 on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
Do all the m7 companions expect Bill get the same quest?
Basically. The dialogue will be a bit different and you will be fighting with a different class each time as you use different pirates.