Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Level of difficulty

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Aye Marleybone and Aquila are here at last! I seem to notice a fairly substantial jump in the level of difficulty from Mooshu to Marleybone. The new worlds seem to foster more of a "teamwork" type environment. My Swashbuckler struggled a little until I used mostly Musketeer companions. I did some quests with a couple of friends...a Witchdoctor and a Privateer. It went pretty well. My Swashbuckler lead the attack ( of course ) dealing out huge damage and causing chaos for the enemy with the Witchdoctor launching punishing attacks from the rear and our Privateer friend providing much needed buffs for all of us. It worked out well for us. Anyone going it alone however would be well advised to use Musketeer companions as much as possible in Marleybone. Fair sailing friends! Yarr!

Wicked Erin, Swashbuckler Supreme

Ensign
Mar 26, 2012
It was easy for me on my Swashbuckler when I did it on the test realm alone before the changed the difficulty, well I soloed the majority of it.

Cass Underwood Lvl 51
Ryan Underwood Lvl 16
Andrew Underwood Lvl 3
Samuel Underwood Lvl 4

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Spiral Cowboy on May 24, 2013 wrote:
Aye Marleybone and Aquila are here at last! I seem to notice a fairly substantial jump in the level of difficulty from Mooshu to Marleybone. The new worlds seem to foster more of a "teamwork" type environment. My Swashbuckler struggled a little until I used mostly Musketeer companions. I did some quests with a couple of friends...a Witchdoctor and a Privateer. It went pretty well. My Swashbuckler lead the attack ( of course ) dealing out huge damage and causing chaos for the enemy with the Witchdoctor launching punishing attacks from the rear and our Privateer friend providing much needed buffs for all of us. It worked out well for us. Anyone going it alone however would be well advised to use Musketeer companions as much as possible in Marleybone. Fair sailing friends! Yarr!

while i agree to most of this post the companion part is just player's opinion.

i use mostly and often swashbuckler companions and i soloed all of marleybone in both test (before nerf) and in live(after nerf) and i did just fine.

Cruel Darius Blake(58)

Ensign
Jun 20, 2009
Ok so i'm a musketeer and am having an extremely hard time with these quests, it seems to me they are too too hard to beat. The characters hit extremely hard and hardly ever miss. My companions, which I always thought were great are dying left and right. No matter who I use. I feel they have to lighten up on the hardness of the hits and miss once in a while. I'm getting discouraged in playing if It takes me 5 times to win a quest. If this continues I probably won't renew. Extremely disappointed.

Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013
Marleybone and Aquila are so muche easier than on test.I actually soloed Marleybone unlike on test where I needed help.

Ensign
Jun 08, 2009
hey,

I would have to agree that MB is too difficult. I do welcome the challenge; however, these mobs critical way too much and all my minions die too fast. I play buccaneer along with my swashbuckler friend and we are having such a hard time here, that we are considering waiting until this game gets fixed. Our damage and heals needs to be adjusted to help us stay alive and we need more healing skills. I see these gunner foxes attack us more than 3 times per turn and we barely survive.

KI, fix this. we need these worlds to be adjusted pls.

Ensign
Jun 08, 2009
Destiny DeathFlame on May 26, 2013 wrote:
Ok so i'm a musketeer and am having an extremely hard time with these quests, it seems to me they are too too hard to beat. The characters hit extremely hard and hardly ever miss. My companions, which I always thought were great are dying left and right. No matter who I use. I feel they have to lighten up on the hardness of the hits and miss once in a while. I'm getting discouraged in playing if It takes me 5 times to win a quest. If this continues I probably won't renew. Extremely disappointed.
Me and MY friend feel the same way. I am happy with a little challenge but your helpers, our damage done and our healing cannot handle these worlds. I am more of a solo players so getting bored.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Destiny DeathFlame on May 26, 2013 wrote:
Well my Musketeer friend, it seems like you're struggling. May I give a pointer or two?
Pointer: Try the fight at least once and if you die, ask for some help. If you play in a time zone when there is barely anyone is on, make sure to do those sides; lvl up and come back.
"If something is begun, it must be finished,".

Ensign
Jan 08, 2013
I think I am almost done with marleybone and the difficulty makes sense for the story. think about all the past worlds, they weren't that hard were they? maybe some parts were difficult but overall it was fine. think about it this balances out the difficulty of the overall story. and if you are still complaining make a different approach to the battle or just get some help from a higher lvl friend. don't be ashamed to get help I do it all the time, its not like your whole reputation is ruined.

Dark Tristan Noble lvl fifty six buccaneer (so far)

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
While the level of difficulty has gone up and AI much improved the overall game is the same. I have soloed all of marleybone to the point of the golems and havent died yet, (lost a few companions yes but not me) I have been as close as down to 10 HP and won with a final hit on the last NPC. This is actually more fun to me cause you have to use tactics to win you cant just go blow for blow and hope to win every battle with the addition of swashbuckler's group invis spell i havent had any problems taking down NPC's at all. I can usually take down one NPC right on round 1 as the Invis spell makes all your companions around you invis so there first hit does double damage to the NPC. Use this to your advantage. I cast group invis then run around casting poison on all the NPC's i can then attack after 3 or 4 rounds making it very hard on your opponents. If you have critical abilities on yer companions you use that as your first attack and it does upwards of 1k damage Sara Steele for instance can use her crit ability and hit for 2x 520 damage or 1040 damage thats half of most of these new NPC' life totals. Swashbukcler then uses backstab for another 800-1200 damage i did 1200 plus 335x4 hits and then followed up with any of my other companions crit abilties to annihilate 1 NPC first round. Tactics is the key use them abuse them take advantage WIN good luck hope this helps a few out there.. Timid Timothy Tolliver 57 swashbuckler

Bosun
May 10, 2010
This game can be very difficult, pending on your own personal choices.

If you are having a very hard time, try this:

1. Make sure El Toro is trained up and use him as your First Mate!
Right off the bat, use El Toro's Espirit de Corps, the 25% Accuracy & Dodge boost, especially when playing with others, if everyone does this, the boosts stack.

2. Make sure your gear is not just giving Health & Armor or Resistance, health boosts are nice, but they will not win you a war, what's better to have a little extra health, or dodge a hit completely? Use gear that has Accuracy &/or Dodge, this will ensure you hit when you need to and increase your chances of dodging.

3. Train your companions in Rough, Dodge, & Accuracy! Everything else is bonus, but these 3 are critical for having a successful team.

These are a few things that you can do to help you along the way. Good Luck

DarthJT

Ensign
Feb 12, 2012
Was easy for my musketeer. I helped a buc one time and he seemed to be having trouble so i can relate. Aquila dos seem much harder .

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
As I do say the game is getting to be more difficult I also think that this game is very easy. I've seen things in Wizard101 before that could just blow your mind. Solo in Avalon is nuts if you're facing a boss, and the dungeons are extremely tough-impossible to solo. I don't have many friends on Wizard101 which means I have to solo a lot of things. If Pirate101 got to the point where it's nearly impossible to solo a boss, then I would say it's quite challenging

Noble Mistydove, level 55 Swashbuckler
Julia Frostbreeze, level 80 Ice Wizard

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Well after viewing the comments here and talking to friends in the game it is clear to me that people just aren't using the right gear and are not training their companions. I have never needed help and solo the entire game. I have three different class of pirates and am able to go it alone with all of them so I know that it is possible with every class of pirate. Sure I might loose a battle here and there but I learn from it and then go back and win it. The only time I battle with others is when I am helping them or farming or just for fun. My friend was struggling the other day so I asked him what level his companions were and he said most were around level 40. 40? Seriously? He is level 58 with level 40 companions. What do you expect. In this game you rely on your companions so they must developed along with your main character. You must also build your pirate according to its strengths and profile. Use your buffs because they are there for a reason and make a huge difference. Take the time to research your class and play to your strengths and you will do just fine. So go farm Friar Sand for gold, develop your companions and build your pirate the right way. Please don't ask KI to make the game easier because you don't want to take the time to do things correctly. It's all spelled out for you in the players guide so read it. It's pretty simple guys. Yarr!

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Spiral Cowboy on May 24, 2013 wrote:

I have done everything alone, its faster that way anyways.

when you add company you add more to kill on each map.