Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

boost on ship issue!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
i have noticed that when using the boost on a safe path in the sky way my ship often leaves the path without me doing anything. this happens mostly when it hit a turn and sometimes result in bumping into a batle by accident... would it be possible to fix this issue?

First Mate
May 01, 2012
It is my understanding that using Boost is similar to pressing and holding the Accelerator Key (up arrow or 'w' key). It's just faster. When the Accelerator Key is pressed and held, you can go right through a Windlane as if it wasn't there. This means that Boost will also disregard the Windlanes if it is activated in one or you go through one.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
SlightlyMadWizard on May 25, 2013 wrote:
It is my understanding that using Boost is similar to pressing and holding the Accelerator Key (up arrow or 'w' key). It's just faster. When the Accelerator Key is pressed and held, you can go right through a Windlane as if it wasn't there. This means that Boost will also disregard the Windlanes if it is activated in one or you go through one.
actually no you canot go right through the windlanes, they make you turn

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sure you can. Just steer straight at one going horizontally in front of you and hold down the up arrow button. You will slice right through the windlane and come out the other side and you will continue on with what ever you were heading for.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 27, 2013 wrote:
Sure you can. Just steer straight at one going horizontally in front of you and hold down the up arrow button. You will slice right through the windlane and come out the other side and you will continue on with what ever you were heading for.
yes i know but he said the you didnt need to press the up arrow key to go through them, and before that i said the when im using the boost while following one and theres a turn my ship leaves the windlane