Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Old Scratch problems with normal magical hits

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Old scratch is buggy - when using his normal attack most of the time it poofs even when its on 9 clean squares with just foe's on them. It has about a 50% fail rate is this intended? if you can you add a fizzle that would show up? Normal attack is 9 squares because its improved area x2 anyone else notice this?

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
WD companions are garbage.

They have very low acc and no way of boosting it via the talents which i find funny.

They would be better if the dge talent was replaced with acc since after all it is a ranged class.

As it stands now i have all my WD companions benched they just ain't good enuff to keep up in higher levels low hp,low acc,low dge.

The only thing they have is they do good dmg IF and WHEN they manage to hit

Ensign
Dec 24, 2011
Today, he hit my own pet and character just fine. But that's another bug (and I did report it)

Developer
If the witch doctor has an area of effect attack (the cross, the X, or the 9 squares) then his chance to hit is always at least 75%. Target dodge is not factored in at all.

Increasing accuracy (if the companion can train accuracy) will increase this.

I will review and make sure the calculations are working as intended.

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
TOTALLY agreed. In fact, it's the partial reason why I don't like old scratch. ( Although I still think Tricky Vinny is the worst companion. )

It seems to happen 75% of the time.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Old scratch is not bad. At all. Stop blaming him for having weak accuracy. In fact. It makes sense. If he manages to hit he will be able to pull off a ton of damage.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
As Ratbeard said, Old Scratch's (and any witchdoctor/companion that can hit multiple with normal attacks) attack ignores the dodge rating of the target. This makes him great against high dodge enemies.

Next time you use him count the number of times he does hit rather than the times he fizzles. You may be surprised at how much he actually hits.

Ensign
Oct 12, 2012
Zlyxer on May 24, 2013 wrote:
Old scratch is not bad. At all. Stop blaming him for having weak accuracy. In fact. It makes sense. If he manages to hit he will be able to pull off a ton of damage.
No need to worry solution: next time you should give old scratch a talent called spooky