Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

unlock crown shop companions on all character

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
i think it would be fair that when you buy a companion from the crown shop that it is bought on every charater you have. because it just isnt fair to have to buy them more than once! plus it would be awsome if on the second character you make you just receive them as you go like unstead of unlocking in the crown shop you receive them!

Community Leader
Unlocking of companions in the crown shop is generally based on the storyline.
Making them available to all of your pirates would cause some peculiar conflicts.

Unlock Gortez, Buy Gortez on low level pirate, soon you have Gortez fighting Gortez (which obviously isnt right.. lol)

They had similar issues with Fin early on, and have since adjusted the game.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
Dr Zeppers on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:
Unlocking of companions in the crown shop is generally based on the storyline.
Making them available to all of your pirates would cause some peculiar conflicts.

Unlock Gortez, Buy Gortez on low level pirate, soon you have Gortez fighting Gortez (which obviously isnt right.. lol)

They had similar issues with Fin early on, and have since adjusted the game.
you dont unlock gortez as soon as you beat him, more like as soon as you beat him 25 times :P but you know, i dont think it is fair to have to buy them twice in order to have the companions on 2 character... i do agree it cause issues but all issues are fixable ;P

Petty Officer
Dec 05, 2009
maybe they can make the previously purchased companion available to your other pirates when you have completed the prerequisites to unlock the companion in the crown shop on the new pirate of the same account. this would give you the option to ad them to your crew for free when they are unlocked in the crown shop. I feel this would be fair; or make the purchased companions trade-able

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Generally when I buy a crown shop crew-entity I don't want all of my crews to have that crew-entity.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
how about the choice to add the to your crew for free or the choice not to add them? and that as soon as you complete the prerequisite to unlocking them.