Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Davy Jones' Locker!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Forgive me if this is already a dungeon name (It wouldn't surprise me), but I just thought this would be an amazing idea for a dungeon.

Now I have done some research on the term and found that "Davy Jones' Locker" is an idiom (Expression that is unsure where it came from) for the bottom of the sea, or where most drowned sailors rest. Davy Jones himself is thought to be an Evil Spirit of the sea, causing ship wrecks, havoc, and storms out on the ocean.

Anyways, Class is dismissed .

I feel Davy Jones could have an important role in Pirate101. He is after all, one of the great fears of a pirate (Other than Blackbeard). I am unsure of what world this dungeon could be in, that is up to Kingsisle. Anyways, I have developed some possible story plots, bosses, locations, and quests. I did not go into detail with health, gear, gold, etc. I feel that it is important Kingsisle decides those specifics themselves.

(INSERT PUPPET SHOW HERE)

Captain Avery calls you down to his office to report a disturbance. Lately, pirates have been noticing mobs of undead pirates attacking ships, freights, and islands. It is unknown where so many of them are coming from, but Avery has an arousing suspicion that there has been some stirring down in Davy Jones' Locker. He explains to you how Davy used to be a well known Pirate, but was lost at sea and never found again. It was said the he had drowned, but when Davy made a disturbing reappearance on Skull Island, the stories turned. It was said a mysterious witchdoctor gave him the abilities to breathe underwater at a cost. His life would be saved, but his innocence lost. Davy was cast out as a freak of illegal magic by the armada, and he receded into the seas where nobody would find him. He began to pull ships and Pirates down into the Ocean for vengeance. They joined his undead army, ever growing.

When you enter the dungeon, you start out in an underwater shipyard. Ships have been wrecked and sunk, and undead are walking everywhere. They are supposed to be resting in peace. It seems Davy has been causing trouble. You'll travel through Mobs of undead, swimming and fighting your way around the Pirate graveyard. Davy is hiding in a secret cove, the heart of the locker. There are four missing pieces to a dial that will open the door, spread out by four bosses on the map. Each boss is in their own sunken ship, on each corner of the dungeon.

Wetbeard (Blackbeard)
Edward Sunk (Edward Low)
Charles Rain (Charles Vane)
Hairy Morgan (Henry Morgan)

Sorry for the names, I was just trying to add humor to them, but I really don't care if they are changed. They are based on real Pirates.

After collecting every dial, you will apply them to the cove door, and finally meet Davy Jones. It is a big boss battle, so you choose your companions. Davy has with him three undead pirates. Behind him you see a magical glowing book. After defeating him, you recite the words to the sleeping spell, and rest is restored. Add what you like forum.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Ruthless Anthony on Apr 8, 2013 wrote:
Forgive me if this is already a dungeon name (It wouldn't surprise me), but I just thought this would be an amazing idea for a dungeon.

Now I have done some research on the term and found that "Davy Jones' Locker" is an idiom (Expression that is unsure where it came from) for the bottom of the sea, or where most drowned sailors rest. Davy Jones himself is thought to be an Evil Spirit of the sea, causing ship wrecks, havoc, and storms out on the ocean.

Anyways, Class is dismissed .

I feel Davy Jones could have an important role in Pirate101. He is after all, one of the great fears of a pirate (Other than Blackbeard). I am unsure of what world this dungeon could be in, that is up to Kingsisle. Anyways, I have developed some possible story plots, bosses, locations, and quests. I did not go into detail with health, gear, gold, etc. I feel that it is important Kingsisle decides those specifics themselves.

(INSERT PUPPET SHOW HERE)

Captain Avery calls you down to his office to report a disturbance. Lately, pirates have been noticing mobs of undead pirates attacking ships, freights, and islands. It is unknown where so many of them are coming from, but Avery has an arousing suspicion that there has been some stirring down in Davy Jones' Locker. He explains to you how Davy used to be a well known Pirate, but was lost at sea and never found again. It was said the he had drowned, but when Davy made a disturbing reappearance on Skull Island, the stories turned. It was said a mysterious witchdoctor gave him the abilities to breathe underwater at a cost. His life would be saved, but his innocence lost. Davy was cast out as a freak of illegal magic by the armada, and he receded into the seas where nobody would find him. He began to pull ships and Pirates down into the Ocean for vengeance. They joined his undead army, ever growing.

When you enter the dungeon, you start out in an underwater shipyard. Ships have been wrecked and sunk, and undead are walking everywhere. They are supposed to be resting in peace. It seems Davy has been causing trouble. You'll travel through Mobs of undead, swimming and fighting your way around the Pirate graveyard. Davy is hiding in a secret cove, the heart of the locker. There are four missing pieces to a dial that will open the door, spread out by four bosses on the map. Each boss is in their own sunken ship, on each corner of the dungeon.

Wetbeard (Blackbeard)
Edward Sunk (Edward Low)
Charles Rain (Charles Vane)
Hairy Morgan (Henry Morgan)

Sorry for the names, I was just trying to add humor to them, but I really don't care if they are changed. They are based on real Pirates.

After collecting every dial, you will apply them to the cove door, and finally meet Davy Jones. It is a big boss battle, so you choose your companions. Davy has with him three undead pirates. Behind him you see a magical glowing book. After defeating him, you recite the words to the sleeping spell, and rest is restored. Add what you like forum.
I really like this idea. It's evey interesting. Perhaps we use a Vortex that will sink us down to the Undersky. And with that note, here's a major, major, MAJOR problem i see: You said sea and ocean instead of skyway and windlanes. We Pirates do not deal with the seas at all (we'll say that for Celestia) as seas and oceans are way, way, WAY bellow us. That or there is an underworld (as the Aztecosaurs believe). In any case, we would go to an Undersky, a place similar to oceans and such but we're in air. We'll still move as if underwater. So in that case Davy Jones was lost far out in a Skyway and was probably cursed by a Sky god, similar to that whole Pirates of the Carribean thing. Hey! Maybe a quest can be a pun off that.

Anyway, I think this is a good idea and would be perfect for Blind Mew's and Ratbeard's first guantlet. That'll surely hush everyone up on that note lol.

Community Leader
Always like this sorta stuff, but they may not be able to go that route.

Not sure, but its possible that another company has copyright/trademark rights to that name/character when it comes to films and online entertainment.

If they can trademark "Jesus" (has been trademarked by a clothing company!) I dont think company D would have any problems trademarking Davy Jones as a Pirate/Film/Game character.

But thats for all the legal beagles to figure out if they decide to pursue such an idea.
Cool idea!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
EPIC!!!!! I think that would be a great dungeon for Darkmoore. I think it is the best idea, maybe he might have the seventh piece of the El Dorodo map, and Marco Pollo's ghost is helping you get the final piece. It would also be cool if there were some undead armada soldiers in the dungeon too, you know, the metal is rusted, barnacles on the shields and guns, that would be cool.

Petty Officer
Dec 09, 2012
A good idea. Once you are about level 28, (should be in port regal) you should get a quest that has to do with disappearances. Might be a bit of stealing from PoC, the idea of Davy Jones, and Undead Army. The rest has a good ring.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Heavyshark on Apr 10, 2013 wrote:
A good idea. Once you are about level 28, (should be in port regal) you should get a quest that has to do with disappearances. Might be a bit of stealing from PoC, the idea of Davy Jones, and Undead Army. The rest has a good ring.
I thought about this too... But Davy Jones was not created from Disney or Pirates of the Caribbean he has been an old time legend for years.

@ Oceanpainting200: I completely agree with that fact, I do not know why overlooked it. But remember, there were some areas in Skull Island where you actually did go underwater. So we can either go with the Skyway idea, or maybe the ship yard is on a certain island? Wouldn't make too much sense, but they could find a way. Anyways, thanks everyone for the support, I just wanted something a little spooky in this game ever since I saw Haunted Skyway

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Quentin Atherton on Apr 9, 2013 wrote:
EPIC!!!!! I think that would be a great dungeon for Darkmoore. I think it is the best idea, maybe he might have the seventh piece of the El Dorodo map, and Marco Pollo's ghost is helping you get the final piece. It would also be cool if there were some undead armada soldiers in the dungeon too, you know, the metal is rusted, barnacles on the shields and guns, that would be cool.
That wouldn't be a bad idea Davy Jones having a piece of the map but let's not say he had it because remember he wasn't in the el dorado picture so how about he stole the map piece from your mom after she died that way it works out even better. I love this idea though and if one of the community leaders agree please say so because I and other people have said this is a good idea and I agree with it
Good idea
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 50
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 50

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
I do think maybe darkmoore would be a good location for this dungeon...

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
Hmm it would have to be in the skyway somewhere so why not we add it to Valencia! Kane didn't want you to find it because he fears it holds something with great power!!! He is afraid if someone besides him got it they would be unstoppable!!!! Well just stating

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
how about making davy jones a good guy that gives you quests? like he only goes after pirate who are makes trouble, like the bounty hunting quest in copper's roost.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Vinny Ace on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
how about making davy jones a good guy that gives you quests? like he only goes after pirate who are makes trouble, like the bounty hunting quest in copper's roost.
I'm not sure... He was always known to be a bad pirate and I just don't see how it would add up and be as cool.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Vinny Ace on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
well maybe we should have a bounty hunting quest for every world i dont think that davy jones would be the perfect guy but maybe after you defeat him he could serve as a bounty hunter shop thing not as like he wants you to buy his items maybe he could set it up in your hideout and basically gives random quests every week or month maybe speacial holiday quests sometimes infact i thought of a few examples
For new years there would be a thug from cool ranch trying to steal all the decorations for a new years celebration avery planned,same thing with chinese new years but instead of someone from cool ranch it would be mooshu
for st.patrick's day there would be a snake pirate from scoland(my idea of a side world i writ about) because st.patricks day is kinda celebrating a guy that drove all the snakes out of scotland
for april fools there would be a troggy trying to pull pranks on all the other pirates
for easter one eyed jack's twin brother two eyed john would be trying to kidnap children from cooper's roost
and this whole putting someone in your base idea seems like it might be going some where

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I love the setting you came up with, sunken shipyard to swim through with boss battles. So far the swimable areas have been small. I think it would be interesting to have a larger area added in one of the new worlds. Perhaps we could dock at a small Scottish style fishing village filled with foxes, badgers and hedgehogs. Yes, I'm seeing it as part of the Marleybone empire. On the other side of the village could be water, a rocky cove and an entry to a sunken shipyard. Rather than Avery giving the quest, we could be helping save the villagers.

Petty Officer
Oct 24, 2012
I think this is an epic idea, however, I think it would be better as a world of dead sailors and pirates, ruled over by Davey Jones, and there is someone there who knows the location of a piece of Marco Pollo's map, and Avery needs you to go there and find them and free them!

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
Quentin Atherton on Apr 9, 2013 wrote:
That would be awesome!!!!! I wanna see a undead armada clockwork when possible cause maybe we can see a undead DEACON!!!!! ( duh duh dahhhhhh!) you know? Like with malistaire who comes back as malistaire the undying. This is better off as a afterword story after you get el dorado where vengeance shall come and the undead armada and Davy jones want to rule the spiral by conquering worlds? (That would be EPIC!) best sequel ever!!! Agreed? Say "Aye". Oppose say "Nay" (or jump off a cliff cause it's to epic to reject)

Black Rashida, Level50

Ensign
Dec 03, 2010
thatonevalenciansw... on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
well maybe we should have a bounty hunting quest for every world i dont think that davy jones would be the perfect guy but maybe after you defeat him he could serve as a bounty hunter shop thing not as like he wants you to buy his items maybe he could set it up in your hideout and basically gives random quests every week or month maybe speacial holiday quests sometimes infact i thought of a few examples
For new years there would be a thug from cool ranch trying to steal all the decorations for a new years celebration avery planned,same thing with chinese new years but instead of someone from cool ranch it would be mooshu
for st.patrick's day there would be a snake pirate from scoland(my idea of a side world i writ about) because st.patricks day is kinda celebrating a guy that drove all the snakes out of scotland
for april fools there would be a troggy trying to pull pranks on all the other pirates
for easter one eyed jack's twin brother two eyed john would be trying to kidnap children from cooper's roost
and this whole putting someone in your base idea seems like it might be going some where
Correction, Ireland, and second of all this could work, using a fox (since it seems to me that Albion, where the Foxes in Marleybone come from seems to be modeled after Ireland.).

Captain
May 16, 2011
Hmmmmmmm.....Possibly this could be the second story. After you have all the map pieces and have gone to El Dorado you get called by Avery for this situation, ta-da! The second story begins like how you start the Morganthe stuff the same could be done for Pirate101. Davy could an enemy who wants to conquer the spiral and begin an army of undead.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Thunder Hawk on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:
Hmmmmmmm.....Possibly this could be the second story. After you have all the map pieces and have gone to El Dorado you get called by Avery for this situation, ta-da! The second story begins like how you start the Morganthe stuff the same could be done for Pirate101. Davy could an enemy who wants to conquer the spiral and begin an army of undead.
No. Just no. I hate Morganthe. What's a good villain? One with a good backstory? Or one with no backstory? The good backstory of course. First of all I don't want a villain that is evil for nothing. You can't just wake up one day saying i'm gonna destroy the spiral! Kingsisle don't do this idea. If you wanna keep your fans who joined this game mainly for the story. Don't make another villain who has a terrible story and wants to kill everybody for no reason.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Zlyxer on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
No. Just no. I hate Morganthe. What's a good villain? One with a good backstory? Or one with no backstory? The good backstory of course. First of all I don't want a villain that is evil for nothing. You can't just wake up one day saying i'm gonna destroy the spiral! Kingsisle don't do this idea. If you wanna keep your fans who joined this game mainly for the story. Don't make another villain who has a terrible story and wants to kill everybody for no reason.
Sorry, and you're right, yeah the Morganthe story was a bit annoying. But for one, it was just a suggestion. It's not like I'm yelling at KI telling them to do that in particular. Heck, they probably already have something planned for the second story. And I agree, no one wakes up saying they want to destroy the spiral. But Davy Jones was an EVIL pirate. So shouldn't it be natural for him to be an evil character? Plus Davy probably has a good backstory already likely. And my words didn't come out right. I didn't mean it was going to start out exactly the same Morganthe did. But otherwise, you do have a point. KI, please ignore my other post on this thread.

"Who are you?! Surrender, or feel the wrath of El Toro!"

Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
Ethan the baron on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:
That wouldn't be a bad idea Davy Jones having a piece of the map but let's not say he had it because remember he wasn't in the el dorado picture so how about he stole the map piece from your mom after she died that way it works out even better. I love this idea though and if one of the community leaders agree please say so because I and other people have said this is a good idea and I agree with it
Good idea
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 50
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 50
But what if the mom still has the map piece? She's buried in El Dorado somehow, so wouldn't it be super secure if they hid a piece there? Then we'll never get to El Dorado Wait a minute, we're the stinking crew that found Gunn's gold, saved the bison tribes, found two pieces of the map, escaped the Armada, made enemies, defeated Deacon, and made a tasty sandwich, we can't give up because the last piece is in El Dorado! We'll manage without the stinkin map piece! If I have to kill one more armada goon, I'm searching the spiral for it using the map pieces I found, with no help from Avery! No help from anyone who knew what I was doing (besides Cao Tzu)! Heck, the crew barely comprehended what was going on! Who actually suspected Monkey King would somehow betray us? Me! Not Bonnie Anne, or Ratbeard, or El Toro, or Subodai, or Sarah Steele, or Old Scratch, or Gaspard De Vole, or Mustang Sally, or anyone!

Eh, I think I went a bit crazy. Sorry you had to read that

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Thunder Hawk on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
Sorry, and you're right, yeah the Morganthe story was a bit annoying. But for one, it was just a suggestion. It's not like I'm yelling at KI telling them to do that in particular. Heck, they probably already have something planned for the second story. And I agree, no one wakes up saying they want to destroy the spiral. But Davy Jones was an EVIL pirate. So shouldn't it be natural for him to be an evil character? Plus Davy probably has a good backstory already likely. And my words didn't come out right. I didn't mean it was going to start out exactly the same Morganthe did. But otherwise, you do have a point. KI, please ignore my other post on this thread.

"Who are you?! Surrender, or feel the wrath of El Toro!"
Yeah I might of been a little rough on my other post. Sorry about that.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Zlyxer on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
Yeah I might of been a little rough on my other post. Sorry about that.
Yeah It's okay. I understand, I guess my first post must have been really bad, I was a bit tired at the time, it probably clouded my logic.

Captain
May 16, 2011
RiverWhooshP101 on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
But what if the mom still has the map piece? She's buried in El Dorado somehow, so wouldn't it be super secure if they hid a piece there? Then we'll never get to El Dorado Wait a minute, we're the stinking crew that found Gunn's gold, saved the bison tribes, found two pieces of the map, escaped the Armada, made enemies, defeated Deacon, and made a tasty sandwich, we can't give up because the last piece is in El Dorado! We'll manage without the stinkin map piece! If I have to kill one more armada goon, I'm searching the spiral for it using the map pieces I found, with no help from Avery! No help from anyone who knew what I was doing (besides Cao Tzu)! Heck, the crew barely comprehended what was going on! Who actually suspected Monkey King would somehow betray us? Me! Not Bonnie Anne, or Ratbeard, or El Toro, or Subodai, or Sarah Steele, or Old Scratch, or Gaspard De Vole, or Mustang Sally, or anyone!

Eh, I think I went a bit crazy. Sorry you had to read that
CAUTION: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS TO ALL WHO HAVEN'T FINISHED MB AND AQ
Good point. I also suspected Monkey King would betray us, mainly because of the quest title. And you can add to your list, defeated Rooke, blew up BeachHead, helped win a war in Monquista, helped fight in a war in Marleybone, defeated the Hydra, defeated Medusa, defeated Scylla, blew up like a thousand ships, recovered a golden egg, and helped defeated Troy. So yeah. We can do a whole bunch.

x summons a unicorn that can summon cake x So what are you going to do now, hmmmmm?

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Thunder Hawk on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
Good point. I also suspected Monkey King would betray us, mainly because of the quest title. And you can add to your list, defeated Rooke, blew up BeachHead, helped win a war in Monquista, helped fight in a war in Marleybone, defeated the Hydra, defeated Medusa, defeated Scylla, blew up like a thousand ships, recovered a golden egg, and helped defeated Troy. So yeah. We can do a whole bunch.

x summons a unicorn that can summon cake x So what are you going to do now, hmmmmm?
Unicorn and cake! you read my mind

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
Thunder Hawk on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:

bake a pie is what i am going to do now
Quiet Zachary Armstrong