Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hidden Valley Ranch-Dungeon

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 28, 2011
My musketeer completed the Hidden Valley Ranch with a friend. Now it's my buccaneer's turn. What I want changed is the fact that there are five battles in Hidden Valley Ranch, but it is not a dungeon. If you lose one battle, then back to the beginning you go. I really would like Hidden Valley Ranch to become a dungeon so you don't have to worry about starting over from the beginning of the five battles. If there are any other tips you can tell me I would like to hear them!

Best: Bloody Nigel Templeton, Level 28
Sullen Pedro Devereaux, Level 16

Ensign
May 09, 2011
Something to do would be since buccaneers have loud, make sure not to get that here or on privs until after this. Their health is why. when i did this all my comps died in 3 battles, and no life fountain near except in coopers roost. good idea to have both your potions with you, so you won't have to deal with an all out loss. when my Lucky Jack Russell died, Boochbeard and Gandry said: B: Look out! All of your companions are down! Best get to a life fountain, quick! G: Seriously. We don't care if one's not near you, just get to one! And how many potions did i have? Zero. I went, but because it isn't a dungeon, i had to start over. Monterey Jack and Slow Jake have over 1300 health combined, so make sure you're prepared for:

Monterey Jack: Health: 697. Class: Buccaneer. Epics: Double riposte.
Slow Jake: Health: 620. Class: Musketeer. Epics: quick draw, return fire.

Bring a friend too. also keep ranged attacks at your firstmate and keep going till you run out. Also ki, make this a dungeon. I would have all the Tso warship rice by now.

another tip: Buccaneers get Hetu Rana, a water mole SLINGMAN. find tetu-poto in the gold mine, defeat the moles, get Hetu, come right back.

Agreeable Max Alcott, Level 39 Swashbuckler.

(Also, corporal sanders is waiting to give you nurse quinn, she's terrible, i learned it the hard way.)

Ensign
Apr 28, 2011
I have completed hidden valley ranch on my buccaneer by myself!
I accidentally skipped the part where you first meet Slow Jake.

Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
my buccaneer and privateer had no problem with the dungeon but my swash found it the hard way. petty william zipman level 50 loyal reed andrews level 45 ambitous seth otway

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
When I had to go to a life fountain with my swash after all my comps. died, I came back and I just had to go beat Slow Jake. weird.

Bold Seamus Percy Lvl. 24

Ensign
Jun 19, 2011
MrToro123A on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
I have completed hidden valley ranch on my buccaneer by myself!
I accidentally skipped the part where you first meet Slow Jake.
do you mean the first fight in the cave?, I skipped that one

Ensign
Sep 06, 2011
MrToro123A on Mar 24, 2013 wrote:
My musketeer completed the Hidden Valley Ranch with a friend. Now it's my buccaneer's turn. What I want changed is the fact that there are five battles in Hidden Valley Ranch, but it is not a dungeon. If you lose one battle, then back to the beginning you go. I really would like Hidden Valley Ranch to become a dungeon so you don't have to worry about starting over from the beginning of the five battles. If there are any other tips you can tell me I would like to hear them!

it is a dungeon

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
qwerty78202 on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
my buccaneer and privateer had no problem with the dungeon but my swash found it the hard way. petty william zipman level 50 loyal reed andrews level 45 ambitous seth otway
Really? It was EASY for your Buccaneer?! I did Hidden Valley Ranch with my Buccaneer at level 16 and died countless times. I tried for 5 days until my membership expired. In Skull Island, I did a bunch of side quests and got to level 17. I then got a new membership and tried again. It is actually possible when you are level 17. Were you level 17 when you did this, because for me, it was impossible at level 16!
See you in the Spiral
Tireless Blake West, level 41
Sandy Noah Collins, level 15
Liam Jackson, level 5
PS: By the way, my musketeer is close to Hidden Valley Ranch!

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
MrToro123A on Mar 24, 2013 wrote:

Hey everyone!
My Musketeer is about to do Hidden Valley Ranch! I went on the sigil and it said it is a dungeon. I guess they changed it in the update in May. It said it takes about 45 min. to do!
See you in the spiral!
Tireless Blake West: level 45
Sandy Noah Collins: level 16
Liam Jackson: level 7

Ensign
Jan 23, 2011
Eh, I never got the Nurse Quinn Chicken. Oh well. It was pretty hard for me, I was soloing it. But yeah. I did skip a battle some how. I died a lot of times, and when I died for this battle, I didn't beat it, and it let me go beat Slow Jake. I'll have to face it again on my Musketeer soon. :P

Vanessa Everhart Level 21
Melody Collins Level 14
Allison Hawkins Level 8
Misty Windlass Level 1

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
Vanessa Everhart on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
Eh, I never got the Nurse Quinn Chicken. Oh well. It was pretty hard for me, I was soloing it. But yeah. I did skip a battle some how. I died a lot of times, and when I died for this battle, I didn't beat it, and it let me go beat Slow Jake. I'll have to face it again on my Musketeer soon. :P

Vanessa Everhart Level 21
Melody Collins Level 14
Allison Hawkins Level 8
Misty Windlass Level 1
If you skipped talking to Corporal Sanders while you were at Hidden Valley Ranch, then you missed the opportunity to recruit Nurse Quinn.

You unlock her as a result of that side quest... provided that you are also a Swashbuckler

Ensign
Apr 28, 2011
CaptainBunny093 on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
Hey everyone!
My Musketeer is about to do Hidden Valley Ranch! I went on the sigil and it said it is a dungeon. I guess they changed it in the update in May. It said it takes about 45 min. to do!
See you in the spiral!
Tireless Blake West: level 45
Sandy Noah Collins: level 16
Liam Jackson: level 7
It is a dungeon now...great!! I really am going to be relieved...considering it's now my witchdoctor's turn to enter the dungeon (btw, for those witchdoctors, a quest in the gold mine called "Going Bananas" gives you another quest called "A Deadly Catch". That quest gives you a batacuda! I'm going to use him to fight with me in Hidden Valley Ranch.)

Bloody Nigel Templeton, Level 59
Sullen Pedro Devereaux, Level 28
Fiery Brody Voss, Level 16
Merciless Connor Ingham, Level 10
Noble Joseph Bristol, Level 9

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
I can help you with hidden valley ranch and I soloed it my first try too and also here is a tip.take them out one by one but if that doesn't work then just tell me what time and realm you go to .

Ensign
Aug 02, 2013
CaptainBunny093 on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
Really? It was EASY for your Buccaneer?! I did Hidden Valley Ranch with my Buccaneer at level 16 and died countless times. I tried for 5 days until my membership expired. In Skull Island, I did a bunch of side quests and got to level 17. I then got a new membership and tried again. It is actually possible when you are level 17. Were you level 17 when you did this, because for me, it was impossible at level 16!
See you in the Spiral
Tireless Blake West, level 41
Sandy Noah Collins, level 15
Liam Jackson, level 5
PS: By the way, my musketeer is close to Hidden Valley Ranch!
I think level 16 is low for this dungeon. I've never done a side quest before (at least not any members ones) and I was a level 18 at this dungeon, I think. I'm a swashbuckler, solo'd this one, only problem was I got stuck in a battle i didn't want to be in before I got use a mojo potion. I fled but it made me restart the dungeon . Anywho, second time around it wasn't any harder and I found this to be a fairly easy dungeon using the old trick only a few people use now. Have all companions go for one enemy, from weakest to strongest.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
BluJewel on Mar 25, 2013 wrote:
Something to do would be since buccaneers have loud, make sure not to get that here or on privs until after this. Their health is why. when i did this all my comps died in 3 battles, and no life fountain near except in coopers roost. good idea to have both your potions with you, so you won't have to deal with an all out loss. when my Lucky Jack Russell died, Boochbeard and Gandry said: B: Look out! All of your companions are down! Best get to a life fountain, quick! G: Seriously. We don't care if one's not near you, just get to one! And how many potions did i have? Zero. I went, but because it isn't a dungeon, i had to start over. Monterey Jack and Slow Jake have over 1300 health combined, so make sure you're prepared for:

Monterey Jack: Health: 697. Class: Buccaneer. Epics: Double riposte.
Slow Jake: Health: 620. Class: Musketeer. Epics: quick draw, return fire.

Bring a friend too. also keep ranged attacks at your firstmate and keep going till you run out. Also ki, make this a dungeon. I would have all the Tso warship rice by now.

another tip: Buccaneers get Hetu Rana, a water mole SLINGMAN. find tetu-poto in the gold mine, defeat the moles, get Hetu, come right back.

Agreeable Max Alcott, Level 39 Swashbuckler.

(Also, corporal sanders is waiting to give you nurse quinn, she's terrible, i learned it the hard way.)
buccaneers dont get sanders or quinn. the only companions they get is thunder hoof, billy the kid, and the lost ranger.

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
BigLollipop002 on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
I think level 16 is low for this dungeon. I've never done a side quest before (at least not any members ones) and I was a level 18 at this dungeon, I think. I'm a swashbuckler, solo'd this one, only problem was I got stuck in a battle i didn't want to be in before I got use a mojo potion. I fled but it made me restart the dungeon . Anywho, second time around it wasn't any harder and I found this to be a fairly easy dungeon using the old trick only a few people use now. Have all companions go for one enemy, from weakest to strongest.
Wow, you really haven't done a side quest? I did 3-4 side quests and I was a level 16 when I got here. You would be a level 15 if you didn't do any, or you just did a lot of battles and got xp from that way.

Ensign
Feb 03, 2010
I only had one bump in the Hidden Valley Ranch road, but it was because I forgot to level my companions up from level 14 to 16. Once I did that (and did Kan Po's promotion quest) I did it easy.
Sly Felix Devereaux Level 19 Witchdoctor

Ensign
Sep 13, 2009
This dungeon was extremely hard on my swashbuckler and I had to promote Sarah Steele to get through it and even then it was hard. But with persistance I was able to advance and it got way easier later on.
Bold Benjamin Hawkins level 30