Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 21, 2012
Why is the summoning whistle for pets and rides blown when I embark and disembark my ship? That got very annoying, very quickly. Also, when after defeating a ship in ship to ship batlle, when I sailed over the wreckage it made the sound of when you engage your ship boost. And last, why are there two crown shop icons?

Administrator
Hello I'm unable to recreate the sound issues you mention. Are other players experiencing this as well?

The extra crown shop icon is for ease of access similar to the extra gift box icon.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
The new sound for picking up wreckage crates does sound very similar to the one when you first turn on the fuel booster. They're not quite identical, but I had to hear them both several times before I could tell them apart.

I think it's supposed to be a bosun's whistle when you get on and off your ship, but it sounds more like the "Come here, boy!" whistle when you first equip a mount.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Administrator
If I'm riding a mount and I disembark from my ship, I do get the initial "Come here, boy!" whistle that you mention, however that is as designed. I'm not experiencing it if I don't have a mount equipped.

Any further information would be appreciated as if there is a bug of some sort, I would like to pass that information along.

Ensign
Aug 18, 2011
When I hear that "Come here, boy!" whistle.. I just kinda imagine my PC's calling her mount from somewhere on the ship. Since she can't really ride it while steering!

Ensign
Apr 21, 2012
I do have a mount equipped and the "come here, boy" sound plays when I embark my ship and when I disembark my ship and when I disembarked my friend's ship. Which she was hearing the same sound and she has her mount equipped. Also, I forgot to thank you for all the fixes and upgrades ya'll did for the game. My lvl 50 privateer was finally able to get the last side quest (Gus McCrane) and I do like the promotion of the Cat bucaneer (he looks sharp). I would like to suggest that you increase the gold amount to 101000 or 100250 so that when your trying to save up on gold to get the one that cost 100000 gold you wouldn't lose gold when trying to collect the exact amount as it is now. If you could change the "come here, boy" to a bosun's whistle that would excellent.

Administrator
We'll take another look at the whistle. I do believe our QA has duplicated it playing on embarking as well as disembarking.

Thanks for the report!