Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fishing? (The Pirate Gardening!)

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
This was mentioned before, but kinda bland and I cannot find the thread anywhere... So anyways read on!

Pirate101 Fishing
To me, Pirates aren't much of gardeners. I think that fishing would be an interesting turn in activities.
Each house will have at least one fishing pond. You can either buy more fishing ponds, or keep the one given to you. Fishing ponds come in different varieties . You can go from just a hole in the ground to a golden fountain/pond.
You then buy a rod. Rods give you different fishing percentages. Some rods may catch more fish than others. Golden rods, wooden rods, glass rods, rock rods, etc. Some may cost more, or require a certain fishing level. Same goes for ponds.

Now, there are tons of fish, but how do you catch the ones you want, or get any worth out of them? To catch a fish you must have bait. Bait is kinda like snacks in Wizard101. Bait can appeal more to certain fish than others. Some more rare bait can catch more expensive fish. Just go to the Fishing store (A store with ponds, rods, and bait) to buy some!
You'll level up unlocking more things to use for fishing and better fish. You can either sell the fish to the local fisherman, farm them for items, or plaque your prized fish in your house.

Please respond, I am really excited about this idea!

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Ruthless Anthony on Feb 9, 2013 wrote:
This was mentioned before, but kinda bland and I cannot find the thread anywhere... So anyways read on!

Pirate101 Fishing
To me, Pirates aren't much of gardeners. I think that fishing would be an interesting turn in activities.
Each house will have at least one fishing pond. You can either buy more fishing ponds, or keep the one given to you. Fishing ponds come in different varieties . You can go from just a hole in the ground to a golden fountain/pond.
You then buy a rod. Rods give you different fishing percentages. Some rods may catch more fish than others. Golden rods, wooden rods, glass rods, rock rods, etc. Some may cost more, or require a certain fishing level. Same goes for ponds.

Now, there are tons of fish, but how do you catch the ones you want, or get any worth out of them? To catch a fish you must have bait. Bait is kinda like snacks in Wizard101. Bait can appeal more to certain fish than others. Some more rare bait can catch more expensive fish. Just go to the Fishing store (A store with ponds, rods, and bait) to buy some!
You'll level up unlocking more things to use for fishing and better fish. You can either sell the fish to the local fisherman, farm them for items, or plaque your prized fish in your house.

Please respond, I am really excited about this idea!
Awesome idea!! Can you sell the fish, and can you get a lot of money for them?
Bristly Kevin

Bosun
May 06, 2009
What kind of upsets me at the moment is that I posted a very same Fishing idea awhile ago. Argh!!!!
But great minds think alike I suppose.

Anyway, my idea of fishing was not by using ponds (but that is an excellent idea for more house fishing) but instead by going out into the Skyways and fishing for fish near Bell Bouys. I'd go more into detail but that was a long post and I can't remember everything at the moment but it works very similar to Gardening (the system that is. Ye wastin' time putting 'em fish in the ground then in yer gullet). If you want to really look into my version, just look for the post "Let's All Go Fishing!" A few pages back in this message board.

You're idea is very good for the use of having Fishing right there in you're home instead of out in the Skyways, especially in Valencia. I also didn't go into the concept of different Fish Rods other than you had to be a higher level to use stronger ones (or at least I hope I did)

It would seem this Fishing idea is really catching fire (lol Hunger Games) and I think KI will use this somewhere down the line like Gardening in Wizard101. Obviously it's only purpose would be to get more gold like with Treasuses and another exciting way to pass time. Well, see ya in the skys (hopefully in a ship and not falling to your doom)

-Gone Fishing!

Cunning Finnigan Sharp
Level 17 Swashbuckler

Community Leader
Interesting idea.

I have a feeling they plan on changing the Pirate pet system to be something similar to Wizards, not sure how this might work alongside that activity.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Feb 9, 2013 wrote:
What kind of upsets me at the moment is that I posted a very same Fishing idea awhile ago. Argh!!!!
But great minds think alike I suppose.

Anyway, my idea of fishing was not by using ponds (but that is an excellent idea for more house fishing) but instead by going out into the Skyways and fishing for fish near Bell Bouys. I'd go more into detail but that was a long post and I can't remember everything at the moment but it works very similar to Gardening (the system that is. Ye wastin' time putting 'em fish in the ground then in yer gullet). If you want to really look into my version, just look for the post "Let's All Go Fishing!" A few pages back in this message board.

You're idea is very good for the use of having Fishing right there in you're home instead of out in the Skyways, especially in Valencia. I also didn't go into the concept of different Fish Rods other than you had to be a higher level to use stronger ones (or at least I hope I did)

It would seem this Fishing idea is really catching fire (lol Hunger Games) and I think KI will use this somewhere down the line like Gardening in Wizard101. Obviously it's only purpose would be to get more gold like with Treasuses and another exciting way to pass time. Well, see ya in the skys (hopefully in a ship and not falling to your doom)

-Gone Fishing!

Cunning Finnigan Sharp
Level 17 Swashbuckler
I think that you could catch some normal fish, but some rarer fish In certain places. You could go to Mooshu and catch Koi, Skull Island and catch Flying Fish and Battacuda, and finally go to Cool Ranch and catch Sky Snakes. You could even possibly get a pet from fishing like you can sometimes get a pet from gardening.
Bristly Kevin

Ensign
Nov 12, 2012
Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
wiz11110 on Feb 10, 2013 wrote:
I think that you could catch some normal fish, but some rarer fish In certain places. You could go to Mooshu and catch Koi, Skull Island and catch Flying Fish and Battacuda, and finally go to Cool Ranch and catch Sky Snakes. You could even possibly get a pet from fishing like you can sometimes get a pet from gardening.
Bristly Kevin
Great idea!!! I just think this would be absolutely unique to Pirate101!

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Ruthless Anthony on Feb 11, 2013 wrote:
Great idea!!! I just think this would be absolutely unique to Pirate101!
Thanks!! Also, the Koi in Mooshu that you can fish should sell for more then the Battacuda. And in Scrimshaw and Puerto Mico, you can fish Storm Sharks and Jellyfish. And the fishes and creatures in the Skyways are worth more then the fishes in other places.
Bristly Kevin