Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Some Lore(ish) Questions for Blind Mew

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 06, 2009
I've been seeing some posts for Blind Mew and I really like how he reaches out and answers questions for the community. I finished the main quest today and I had some questions I hope you wouldn't mind answering.

1. I must applaud you on the little tidbit in Motherload Mine where your Presidio Companion points out that the woman in Marco Pollo's picture is your mom. I thought it was genius, and it brings in some questions. We know our mom must have a piece of the map, so it that the piece Avery thinks he has found or the one Captain Gunn somehow had? Also, I'm curious to know how or pirate mom and dad met.

2. I remember someone saying that they really wanted to go to Marleybone to meet their foster dad. That got me thinking. Will we ever meet our foster parents or guardians again? We (the player) really no nothing about our pirate's childhood from the death of our parents til our crime that got us locked up. Or, maybe for the pirates raised in Grizzlehiem and Krok, our guardians visit us.

3. I got to the Haunted Shrine and I noticed the colossal statues. What are they of? Are they like demon deities?

4. Ever since I played Wizard101, I had a resentment towards Marleybone. The annoying rooftops, the meddling dogs, and even the fact that cats are casted into a lower class while the dogs live like kings. When playing Pirate101, I noticed we are hunted by almost every government (which I'm ok with since we're Pirates) except Marleybone. Will this change when we head to Marleybone, since they basically don't know that we basically started this war and kidnapped the Governor's daughter (and for good reasons of course).

5. What made the Life Fountains? I know you responded to someone on the history of windstones, so what about Life Fountains. To me, it seems like some immortal pirate curse since we're "bound" to it and it helps us escape death when defeated in battle and in a sinking ship.

I hope this isn't too much.
-Merciless Trevor

Ensign
Oct 13, 2012
Merciless Trevor on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:
I've been seeing some posts for Blind Mew and I really like how he reaches out and answers questions for the community. I finished the main quest today and I had some questions I hope you wouldn't mind answering.

1. I must applaud you on the little tidbit in Motherload Mine where your Presidio Companion points out that the woman in Marco Pollo's picture is your mom. I thought it was genius, and it brings in some questions. We know our mom must have a piece of the map, so it that the piece Avery thinks he has found or the one Captain Gunn somehow had? Also, I'm curious to know how or pirate mom and dad met.

2. I remember someone saying that they really wanted to go to Marleybone to meet their foster dad. That got me thinking. Will we ever meet our foster parents or guardians again? We (the player) really no nothing about our pirate's childhood from the death of our parents til our crime that got us locked up. Or, maybe for the pirates raised in Grizzlehiem and Krok, our guardians visit us.

3. I got to the Haunted Shrine and I noticed the colossal statues. What are they of? Are they like demon deities?

4. Ever since I played Wizard101, I had a resentment towards Marleybone. The annoying rooftops, the meddling dogs, and even the fact that cats are casted into a lower class while the dogs live like kings. When playing Pirate101, I noticed we are hunted by almost every government (which I'm ok with since we're Pirates) except Marleybone. Will this change when we head to Marleybone, since they basically don't know that we basically started this war and kidnapped the Governor's daughter (and for good reasons of course).

5. What made the Life Fountains? I know you responded to someone on the history of windstones, so what about Life Fountains. To me, it seems like some immortal pirate curse since we're "bound" to it and it helps us escape death when defeated in battle and in a sinking ship.

-Merciless Trevor
when i was playing wizard101 it was really annoying getting stuck in battles all the time and i wonder who made life fountains to please tell us everyone wants too know

level 50

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
I have always found it inteseting that life fountains are always on land. Even in places like Flotsam, it sits on a little island. Where the life fountains alredy there and the town grew up around them?

Developer
Merciless Trevor on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:

-Merciless Trevor
Not too much, no - but I may be very brief in the answering - I got quests to write!

1. Yes, in theory the PCs mother would have had a piece of the Map. You can bet finding it will turn into a major plot point.

2. I plan to write a series of special origin quests, one for each world option in character creation. The thing is, I don't want to introduce them until we can introduce them all - otherwise the Skull Island and MooShu folk would have an advantage in terms of content and rewards. So it may be a while, but I do plan to do them. I love the notion of foster parents coming into the mix.

3. They're big spooky demons, legendary ones. I honestly don't know more than that. One of them is probably Ching Dai, Demon God of the East.

4. I've never played through Wizard101's Marleybone, but I've heard the legends and seen the hate. I'm also a devout Anglophile and wanted to make sure that the Royal Navy of Marleybone would have a central position in the world of Pirate101. As for being hunted by them, I found when making the promotion quests that Marleybone was much more useful as a source of secret missions - that and the James Bond jokes were hard to resist.

5. Life Fountains are, quite simply, a mystery. That's what any in-game authority would tell you. They are relics of the First World, almost unimaginably ancient. Not even the Wizards know very much about them.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Blind Mew on Jan 28, 2013 wrote:
Not too much, no - but I may be very brief in the answering - I got quests to write!

1. Yes, in theory the PCs mother would have had a piece of the Map. You can bet finding it will turn into a major plot point.

2. I plan to write a series of special origin quests, one for each world option in character creation. The thing is, I don't want to introduce them until we can introduce them all - otherwise the Skull Island and MooShu folk would have an advantage in terms of content and rewards. So it may be a while, but I do plan to do them. I love the notion of foster parents coming into the mix.

3. They're big spooky demons, legendary ones. I honestly don't know more than that. One of them is probably Ching Dai, Demon God of the East.

4. I've never played through Wizard101's Marleybone, but I've heard the legends and seen the hate. I'm also a devout Anglophile and wanted to make sure that the Royal Navy of Marleybone would have a central position in the world of Pirate101. As for being hunted by them, I found when making the promotion quests that Marleybone was much more useful as a source of secret missions - that and the James Bond jokes were hard to resist.

5. Life Fountains are, quite simply, a mystery. That's what any in-game authority would tell you. They are relics of the First World, almost unimaginably ancient. Not even the Wizards know very much about them.
By any chance, are the Life Fountains suppose to be a reference to the legendary 'Fountain of Youth'? (as you probalby know Marco Polo set out for this but came up short. In this story sense, it would kinda fit in Marco Pollo's background as a side quest he ventured on but gave up on or was more attracted to finding El Dorado)
And if they are not, is there a plan to include the Fountain of Youth or even the 13 Skulls. I feel like they would fit perfectly somewhere in the story down the line. Maybe the Skulls in a hidden champer of Skull Island or the misty, deathly bogs of Darkmoor and the Fountain of Youth in El Dorado or Monquista.

Just a thought. Only a thought lol (I love to use that Dido's "Life for Rent" song reference when I can)

Many thanks!

Cunning Finnigan Sharp
Level 17 Swashbuckler