Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Make a Piratin' pal plea!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 16, 2010
Hello, I'm an avid W101 player and I have a lovely collection of friend's over there, some have made the transition, others have not... but I'm finding P101 more up my gangplank but feeling lonely! I mostly solo, but I DO like to chat and help/be helped now and again. I am also an oversea player (UK) but I pirate late at night, too.

Where are you all hiding? Which area do we like the most?

I miss my chats!

If anyone sees me around, I switch realms, but Agnes Taylor is my name and I stroll around on a Kirin mount!

Administrator
Welcome to Pirate101, Agnes! Hope you enjoy your time here and make a lot of friends!

See you in the skyways!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
I have the same problem Agnes. I am a social player but find it VERY difficult to meet players in this game. I cant leave my email address. There is no world chat. There is no in-game email due to name overlap. There is no (guild) function. There is no way to contact or leave messages for fellow players you see in the forums.

Quite literally, you have to just "bump" into them online, IF you happen to be playing a character hunting the same area, IF you happen to be reading names, IF you just happen to be online in that precise area at that exact moment. Its like a game of "two ships that pass in the night". And all that is given that you have a list of names from the forums of people you are looking for and you happen to remember their name. Its truely frustrating for my style of play and will be the likely reason for my moving on at some point. Im just looking for at least a couple others who enjoy playing on headsets... mumble, teamspeak, vent or any other.

I like the game and dont mind discussing the things I personally would have done different but if Im always alone.. sooner or later I will get bored and find another game to meet other player.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
You actually WANT to chat?!

With everyone shouting for either boys or girls, talking smack, finding ways around the filter, talking down to people, who would ever even want to stand around for chat?

As clean as KI's chat system is compared to what is out there, the human race still has to evolve a step or two before I'd be willing to stick around for chat. You have 'ears' of steel, my friend.

Ensign
Dec 16, 2010
Shiningfantasia on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:
You actually WANT to chat?!

With everyone shouting for either boys or girls, talking smack, finding ways around the filter, talking down to people, who would ever even want to stand around for chat?

As clean as KI's chat system is compared to what is out there, the human race still has to evolve a step or two before I'd be willing to stick around for chat. You have 'ears' of steel, my friend.
I don't want to stand around and chat, but it is nice to have friends on your list.
I met 2 of my closest friend's on W101, I helped a kid through bullying at School amongst countless of other things my friends online have done for me... and THAT is why I want to stand around and chat, or meet people in-game...

Some of the best people I've ever met plays KI games and I'd like that to transfer over to P101.

Community Leader
KI's moderated boards/forums are helpful, but can make player interaction a bit complicated.

I would recommend visiting Pirate101central forums. There are a number or pirates there to communicate with as well, you might meet a few new friends!!!

Here is a link: http://pirate101.centralforums.com/

The site is listed under the above menu Community > Fan Sites

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV