Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best class debate

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2012
How can you guys say that privateers aren't the best class.
  • Lots of healing moves
  • Defense moves and tactics
  • Attack moves and tactics
  • and gets the most crew mates

Please tell me which class can beat that?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Everyone believes that their favorite class is best, and if you don't why are you playing that class? This debate is really quite silly, IMO.

Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
Personally, I think the whole debate is prejudiced.

Whenever you start a new pirate, you start to notice all of the advantages it has over your other pirates, because the disadvantages your other pirates had were maddening, and it feels so good to not have to suffer. In doing this, you fail to realize the Disadvantages your new pirate has, and so you don't realize that Kings Isle has done a good job balancing out all of the types. There are a good mix of types in the pirate world, which there wouldn't be if Kings Isle had unbalanced the game. If a type is better than the others, Kings Isle will either nerf that type or give the other types an advantage to balance it out. I can only tell you that my LEAST favorite type is Buccaneer , with Musketeer in close second.

Cunning Nicholas Sharp, Level 25
Two-Faced Israel Jordan, Level 10

Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
the awesome smuggl... on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
  • Lots of healing moves

A continued list

how can you say privateers aren't the best class.
  • Slashy weapons with bonus from strength, but all their boosts are will
  • Don't get any Spooky attacks that do more than 2 damage to anybody for the first 10 levels
  • End up with unused under leveled companions joining the battle instead of good ones
  • Boosts can only affect witchdoctor and privateer

how can you say witchdoctors aren't one of the better classes (see no class is best comment above).

• Staffy weapons that match their boosted will
  • Get spooky attacks that do plenty of damage and have special affects immediately
  • Can evenly level companions and not end up with extras (there is too much of a good thing)
  • Boosts affect everybody, thank you very much

Cunning Nicholas Sharp, Level 25

Two-Faced Israel Jordan, Level 10

P.S. Admittedly, privateer makes a good secondary for witchdoctor.

Petty Officer
Jun 02, 2013
musketeers all the way, we have as much doge and damage as swashbucklers do with traps to catch all other classes, we dont have that much health, but we can do a hit and run tactic and with crew and traps with obstacles we can create a wall we can shoot behind! but other classes are nice too! but i love musketeers we RULE!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
jinka45 on May 23, 2013 wrote:
i ma lvl 50 swashy
i believe swashbuckers are the best
reasons?
they are very deadly with a blade and have many criticals than any other classes
they can poison their enemies
they can bleed enemies
they get the best and most number of companions after privateers
we get a lot of attacks and talents
we are very dodgy than others
we have first strike and riposte which no one can posses ( except that witch doctors can provide haste )
we can stay hidden for a number of rounds and that way we can multiply our damage into two
we also have certain spells that increase our criticals ( and believe me it works ninety nine percent )
swhshbucklers rule
i totally agree with ya jinka,:) but lets not brag about all of our skills and powers, it could make someone a bit mad. no offence

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
jinka45 on May 23, 2013 wrote:
i ma lvl 50 swashy
i believe swashbuckers are the best
reasons?
they are very deadly with a blade and have many criticals than any other classes
they can poison their enemies
they can bleed enemies
they get the best and most number of companions after privateers
we get a lot of attacks and talents
we are very dodgy than others
we have first strike and riposte which no one can posses ( except that witch doctors can provide haste )
we can stay hidden for a number of rounds and that way we can multiply our damage into two
we also have certain spells that increase our criticals ( and believe me it works ninety nine percent )
swhshbucklers rule
oh blast it! why the flip did i say that, sry guys i did not see that this thread was for debating for each class lol

Ensign
Jan 27, 2014
Lucas Walker on Jan 28, 2013 wrote:
If it was based on PvP it'd be as follows:

1. Musketeer/ Privateer.

3. Swashbuckler

4. Witchdoctor

5.Buccaneer
that makes be feel really bad -cries- pretty taylor templeton level 24

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
All classes have there ups and downs but buccaneer, not because I am one but because I have a friend who is Max on every class and says buccaneers are the best out of them, so I'm going to go with a expert on this.

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Ensign
Nov 03, 2012
I would like to start off by saying that musketeers are the best over all because.

1. Ranged attacks .

2. Can attack multiple enemy's at once with ranged powers .

3. Can use high damage traps .

4. Have very good doge talents .

5. Have very accurate attacks over all .

So, what I am saying is musketeers are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ensign
Jan 28, 2013
JacobTHEPirate1243 on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:
I highly disagree! Buccaneers are much more tough and more criticals and they get Kobe too

Jacob Underwood lvl50 buccaneer
yes but we could easily beat a buckaneer with our deadly pression

Tarlac Percy lvl 65

Ensign
Feb 14, 2010
is the best the are really powerful sure they dont have alot of health but why have it when you can kill youre enemy befor they kill you also they are dodgy and lear really useful stuff

Ensign
Nov 23, 2013
Swashbucklers are the best by far. I have a lvl 40 swashbuckler and he is super op. He has 120 dodge and 80 accuracy so no one can really touch me and I deal massive damage
Silver David Davenport

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
I think this debate is all opinions, there is no clear best class but if my OPINION I think the best class right now is witchdoctor. They have good companions like mormo and kan po, they have good powers, they can summon monsters and they even get mojo echo. But all the classes are good in their own way I just think when rank pvp starts I would pick witchdoctor to be my main pvp pirate.

Ensign
Jun 17, 2014
Having a myself I find that there moves are very op and clear, but the health is very bothersome to me, I would of said as the best class, but for health reasons which is a important thing I think not.

I like if you know how to you it

and, currently i'm trying

but, i'm trying to use this topic as tips on the best class

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
yes witchdoctors do have low health but they don't really need a lot. They can stay in the same place the full fight and keep using spells, with training point to can get hiding, healing and shielding. And of course this is witchdoctor gear that gives spirit shield, rouse, etc etc. They aren't like buccaneers or swashbucklers that have to be in the middle of the action.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Each class has its own strengths and weaknesses. While Swashbucklers can boost their damage with Walk in Darkness, Privateers can buff their allies. Musketeers can set traps, and Witchdoctors can summon the dead as allies. Buccaneers have sheer force on their side.

It really depends on your playing style-if you are a solo player like me, a Swashbuckler would be a great class, but Musketeer would be better for group play from what I've seen. Buccaneer, Witchdoctor, and Privateer are somewhere in the middle. Privateer leans more towards group play, since they have buffs and healing, and Buccaneer is strong enough to take on most of the game solo. Witchdoctor is right in the middle.

Companions really affect things as well. Some classes earn more companions than others, and if you're a Swashbuckler and did not get Lucky Jack Russell from the Presidio, your first Privateer Companion comes in Marleybone. Swashbucklers get less diversity from what I've seen; I have many Swashbuckler and Buccaneer Companions. I have not gotten far on my other Pirates, but I do know my Witchdoctor's Companions are strong enough to deal with pretty much anything.

Attacks factor in too. Musketeer and Witchdoctor focus mainly on ranged attacks, while the other three classes are mostly physical. Privateer has bombs, yes, but their weapons are usually slashy/smashy, making them more melee fighters. Witchdoctor can hit multiple targets. Some Swashbucklers' talents have added bleeding which can knock off around 450 total health from the enemies I am currently fighting.

Epic triggers can add on additional damage, and I think Swashbucklers get the most out of this with First Strike and Riposte. Musketeers get Burst Fire, Witchdoctors get Mojo Echo, Buccaneers get Vengeance Strike. But sometimes our epics can trigger the enemies' epics, so having First Strike or Quick Draw can really hurt someone with low dodge/health when an enemy has Vengeance Strike or True Grit.

So you see? No class is the best!

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Ensign
Jul 06, 2013
Hello, please help!

I am so mad right now I can't pick out a class! I tried all the classes! Swashbuckler Privateer Witchdoctor Musketeer Buccaneer but I can't find a class for me! If someone can tell me which class they think is best and why that would be great!

Thanks!

Ensign
Jun 23, 2013
Swashies definitely! We have the greatest damage and have sarah Steele along with a ton of other great companions!

~ Hazel 24
Delaney 25

Ensign
Dec 23, 2013
I will agree to disagree, each class has a strength and a weakness, a swashbuckler is strong against a buccaneer because a swashbuckler has a lot of dodge and ripost, but is not strong against a witchdoctor or musketeers because they do not use physical attacks and can adjust if they miss, plus they hit hard since you need resistance against them instead of armor, a witchdoctor is weak against a musketeer because they have
Onager range and a lot of resistance, but they are not ver good against a buccaneer because they have the highest defense on both armor and resistance, so they can get up close and attack rather then a musketeer who can only move away then attack. So there really is no stronger class they all balance the self out.

Ensign
Apr 05, 2014
Fire lord on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys I will take a debate to see the best class you guys think guys is.I will take 50 votes i wont vote but i am between swashbuckler,witchdoctor,or buccaneer.But remember guys you can also vote for privateer and musketeer!
That is the truth

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Mr goose on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
That is the truth
The 'truth' as you see I beg to differ - swashies are not last anywhere, ever!

Ensign
Apr 05, 2014
anecorbie on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
The 'truth' as you see I beg to differ - swashies are not last anywhere, ever!
no offense but i think swashbucklers are just a teeny weeny bit overused, but you see what i said was my personal opinion.

Ensign
Apr 05, 2014
the awesome smuggl... on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
  • Lots of healing moves

no class will EVER be better than a privateer.END OF STORY.