Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Newbie questions about bank

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 03, 2010
Basically...can we put gold/ships/ship parts in shared bank?

Community Leader
Trickai on Jan 15, 2013 wrote:
Gold and ships can't be shared - neither can houses or Companions - but most ship parts can be, as well as pets, mounts, housing items, weapons and other gear.

Some rare items that cannot be shared will be marked "No Trade". Ringo's Revolvers, for instance, are a No Trade item; only the pirates lucky enough to win a set from Johnny Ringo themselves can use them.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Community Leader
Trickai on Jan 15, 2013 wrote:
no/no/yes. ship parts can be placed in the shared bank and are the best way to launder gold to your alts. Take your highest level Pirate, find a nautical battle in progress, the highest level ships you can find, and grind out for a while, then send all the ship parts to your alt to sell to a vendor. I spent an hour grinding NXP with my lvl 50 Buccaneer and was able to send 20,000g worth of ship parts to my Witchdoctor.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Apr 03, 2010
hmmm...about ship parts...I can't figure out how to put them in shared bank. I have tried both purchased parts as well as looted ship parts. None of the parts show up in my backpack, they all go to like a separate ship parts area (press E and they are there)...so I can't figure out how to move them to bank, let alone backpack or shared bank.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Trickai on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
hmmm...about ship parts...I can't figure out how to put them in shared bank. I have tried both purchased parts as well as looted ship parts. None of the parts show up in my backpack, they all go to like a separate ship parts area (press E and they are there)...so I can't figure out how to move them to bank, let alone backpack or shared bank.
You need to change to a different section of your backpack. When it's open there should be an icon in the top right corner you can click to go to the ship parts section.

Community Leader
Trickai on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
Just like there are different sections of your backpack (gear, ship items, housing items) the bank and shared back have separate sections as well. When you open the bank, on the left hand of the screen it will show your backpack, a safe and a safe with a yellow two-headed arrow over it. If you click on the backpack it shows what's in your backpack, the safe shows you bank, safe with arrow shows your shared bank. Click on the backpack. On the upper right hand side, it will show a ship icon. If you click that, it will show your ship items. Click it again and it will show your housing items. On the bottom of the screen, you will see a hand with a ball (equip) the safe icon and the safe with the arrows icon. Click on the ship item you want to move and then click on the safe with arrow icon to move it to your shared bank.

Hope that was clear!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Apr 03, 2010
Yes! Thanks that was very clear and instructive...I never noticed that arrow before and have now identified it and used it. Thanks VERY much, I appreciate the info and help