Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A problem with the crown crew...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
This is an annoyance of mine; but I assumed that like every other KI game if you bought crew for one character that you could use it on another.

Every other crown shop item has been transferable on a single account (granted you can't transfer crew but if you bought it on one it should unlock on the other). I don't see why this is any different.

I love Fin and I bought him going on what KI does with all it's other items (it does NOT warn you in the shop it's tied to a single character not ACCOUNT). Am I the only one that feels that it's a crown scam, and KI really doesn't care about it's customers anymore?

At least grandfather the rest of us if you are going to make it single character only. Had I known I would not buy crown crew. You need to clearly state how the crew works in the shop if you plan on keeping this type of selling up. I'm pretty sure people are going to be less likely to buy crew if they knew this- especially with the cost of crew. Ew.

Can't even use the Christmas Troggy off one character. :/

Ensign
May 13, 2011
If you could do this it would be chaos! Low lvl`s would befriend other pirates for help cause they have Nurse Quinn only to find out the guy they just befriended is a lower level than they are! So i disapprove. You are just being whiny!

Ensign
May 05, 2009
I feel just like you OP. Actually im getting put out with the "crown crew" altogether and would like to see some changes. Membership benifits in the game atm is poor. If you pay to play for a game you should have access to all content. Its a joke to pay $10 a month and then want $5-$15 dollars for a companion?? Especially ones that require a lot of extra work such as 25 times to unlock the right to by them in crown shop. Does this game want to be F2p, or P2P?

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
trelian5 on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
If you could do this it would be chaos! Low lvl`s would befriend other pirates for help cause they have Nurse Quinn only to find out the guy they just befriended is a lower level than they are! So i disapprove. You are just being whiny!
Bah matey no chaos found here. Companions like the swappable pets would adjust in levels when they are switched between characters. They just have to make them unchangable once they have switched to a different character on that account so they cant exploit this. Easy enough to do. You have to understand the game is about making money not losing money. Its a FTP game you only have to pay if you want to play passed the free stuff and buy better gear than the game offers through fighting. Low levels already use high level players ot get passed most of the difficult stuff in the game so that will not change i have played through several low level dungeons again primarily to try and get low level rare gear for my starting new toons I make when i get bored with one class. Anyway the point is KI shouldnt have a problem with making companions bought with crowns interchangable between toons on one account. I mean they made crown ship gear interchangable, why not crown companions. The ones that unlock later in the game shouldnt be available till you reach that point in the game and then you can access them but only if you unlock them normally like you did previously through the storyline.

Community Leader
No offense, but these are 100% optional, they are not required at all.

I have completed several pirates and never purchased a single companion, as frankly, this limitation was obvious. Companions are trained and controlled by a pirates level. Changing them from pirate to pirate definately WOULD be chaotic programming as the companion would constantly have to reassign its powers and abilities and completed promotions to its new owner pirate level.

Tieing it to that pirate level is absolutely required or it would create a loophole for overpowered companions.

They need to simply put "NO TRADE" on all the companions 'cards' in the crown shop so everyone knows how they work.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
It wouldn't be as hard as everyone is thinking. All you would need is for it to unlock for the char when they beat said quest then they add it to said crew mate. Nobody switches and so on.

And 'No trade' would be fine but they are either going to have to work out a system for crew being allotted to every pirate or compensate us for not being forward with sales.

Otherwise I really wouldnt have spent money on fin because paying 120 dollars for all 6 guys is...in a nice word insane.

You don't NEED crown crew to finish the game, but it makes it more fun. Hence why I bought Fin. Personally I think he's the coolest bad guy in the game. And having him on my crew is special.

This is just a slap in the face with his price. I couldn't even afford Fin again if I tried.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
No... Companions are almost like having another pirate by your side. This would bring pvp to it's downfall, lower levels will have an unfair advantage, and things would just be chaos.

I'm sorry, but i'm a no go for this one.

Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
Ruthless Anthony on Jan 11, 2013 wrote:
No... Companions are almost like having another pirate by your side. This would bring pvp to it's downfall, lower levels will have an unfair advantage, and things would just be chaos.

I'm sorry, but i'm a no go for this one.
I'd much rather have the game be PVe then PVP based. And I don't see how it can hurt it seeing as If you bought something from the crown shop it ALWAYS appears 2 levels above your pirate.

It's not like I am asking to trade Fin from my level 50 to my level 10 and keep his levels. I am saying that for the price payed that it SHOULD unlock as the low level you normally get it as and then you would be able to use the crew account-wide without harming any stats.