Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mystery Clockwork: Anyone have an idea?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
I have yet only just the mysterious girl clockwork in the puppet show before going to Valencia. (Even after my 1st time I did not even realize the girl) I have two ideas on who this mysterious clockwork may be and what role she may part take in the Pirate101 story line.

• Kane's Wife- I have a feeling it may be Kane's wife, due to her sitting on a throne. (May mean nothing)
  • Daughter of Kane, Rooke, Deacon, Phule etc.

As I mention these are only a few of what I may think. But, I do have a suggestion or idea that may spice the story line.

(An idea):

It would be rather nice to see a clockwork betray Kane. (Possibly the "Mysterious Girl Clockwork") or any clockwork or person who is working with Kane.

Even though my idea isn't thoroughly explained or descriptive I just thought I might just give it a try.

The question is: Who do you think is the mysterious clockwork?

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
iUnknowned on Dec 25, 2012 wrote:
I have yet only just the mysterious girl clockwork in the puppet show before going to Valencia. (Even after my 1st time I did not even realize the girl) I have two ideas on who this mysterious clockwork may be and what role she may part take in the Pirate101 story line.

• Kane's Wife- I have a feeling it may be Kane's wife, due to her sitting on a throne. (May mean nothing)
  • Daughter of Kane, Rooke, Deacon, Phule etc.

As I mention these are only a few of what I may think. But, I do have a suggestion or idea that may spice the story line.

(An idea):

It would be rather nice to see a clockwork betray Kane. (Possibly the "Mysterious Girl Clockwork") or any clockwork or person who is working with Kane.

Even though my idea isn't thoroughly explained or descriptive I just thought I might just give it a try.

The question is: Who do you think is the mysterious clockwork?
Well if I were the Cheshire cat, I would, and will, say: "Its not a question of who she is, its a question of what her NAME is."

Captain
May 02, 2009
I think the mysterious clockwork's name in Queen, because, if Kane is the king, Rooke is the rooke, Bishop is is the bishop, Deacon is the knight, Phule is the other knight, all the countless armada soldiers are the pawns (like in chess), then her name should be Queen, the queen of the Black Side of the chess board.

Ensign
Jun 14, 2012
coolster50 on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
I think the mysterious clockwork's name in Queen, because, if Kane is the king, Rooke is the rooke, Bishop is is the bishop, Deacon is the knight, Phule is the other knight, all the countless armada soldiers are the pawns (like in chess), then her name should be Queen, the queen of the Black Side of the chess board.
I like the idea of chess, but since there is only one Rooke and bishop than shouldn't there be only one knight. So that would make Phule the court jester since he's like a clown and even though you can connect it to chess it actually is more like an actual court. And perhaps it may be more like a game of chess than anything and so you could say that Valencia and skull island are actually right next to each other in the middle yet are not connected which means perhaps you'll have absolutely everyone you've ever met on your team and the armada on the other and use the spiral as a chess board. Perhaps they'll even place the chessboard throughout it and that's why they are taking all the land away, so they can put down the chessboard pieces down and you'll be like deacon and will be the spy person who will take out the high-level people while everyone else takes down the main force of troops. And there will be in Skull Island a command room in Avery’s court. And there will always be Avery and the commodore and Madame whatever her name is in the room and she keeps them informed on how the battle is going while the commodore and Avery are sending orders and the Buccaneer dude and the swashbuckler lady are the lieutenants sending the orders of Avery and the commodore to the troops and destroying the troops all the wild and finally you see Kane's final plan take place right after you get back to skull island to tell Avery about it. And what the plan is that even though it would be impossible to make a storm gate from cool ranch to mooshu, it is almost but not impossible to make a storm gate from Skull Island to Valencia. So you get there and the storm gate opens and then Kane comes with his entire fleet. So you go to Kane's ship and defeat the hundreds of armada troops and have an epic battle with Kane and his cronies. I.e. Rooke, the Queen, Bishop, Deacon and Phule. To even damage him since he is not invulnerable yet he is attaches to a giant charger so when you attack him he takes damage yet he just heals. So when you defeat everyone he says "Okay pirate I've had enough of you and he comes and attacks you (he's immobilized like those samoorai were around the chicken in the General Tso battle) and it doesn't say he has a class so that means he doesn't have a class and yet he is all the classes since he is not all the other ones (sorry for going all NASA there) but bottom line he has all the powers of the classes yet has none of the weaknesses. So he's very hard but all you have to do is hold him off for 10 rounds then when you are about to deliver the final blow. Someone comes out of a door. It's a very old Unicorn and he walks up to Kane and opens up his back and messes with some wires and then says. "Okay you win, you win". And he explains that this was all a game of chess and he didn't mean for anyone to get hurt and takes out a remote and presses a button and all the armada troops fall over and are dead and that is how it ends.

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
I noticed that too. Clockworks are like the pieces in a game of chess.

Ensign
Jun 14, 2012
More like the queen of the white side because they were the ones who attacked us and the clockworks are white.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Dinoreaper1 on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
More like the queen of the white side because they were the ones who attacked us and the clockworks are white.
Um, didn't you even remember facing Phule and his Black and White Cadres?

Ensign
Jun 14, 2012
Quentin Atherton on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
Um, didn't you even remember facing Phule and his Black and White Cadres?
Yah but since there are both and you had to choose it would be better to ave them be white since they attacked everyone first. By the way how do you like my idea for the end of the game?

Ensign
Aug 29, 2009
Dinoreaper1 on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
Yah but since there are both and you had to choose it would be better to ave them be white since they attacked everyone first. By the way how do you like my idea for the end of the game?
No offense, but your idea makes no sense.

-We're trying to stop them from getting Marco Pollo's map.
-There already is a stormgate to Valencia from Skull Island.
-Deacon dies in Cool Ranch
-It wouldn't be like that, we fight them all at one time.

-Kane sits back and watches.
-He wouldn't just give up and say that because think of what he's done. before.

You fight all the court one by one. You fight Phule, but don't kill him, kill Deacon in Cool Ranch, you see Rooke in Monte Royale and the others I don't know about yet. I'm GUESSING you kill Rooke next because he said he has business in Marleybone and I think you go to Marleybone after Mooshu, but yours an unlikely theory either way...

~Sly Wolf Laveer, Level 45, Swashbuckler.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
I wrote recently on my blog about this, and so I'll share a bit of insight of my own, not unlike yours, in fact.

I can summarize that this is indeed a sword and gold-filled game of chess, from the pieces to the board, in a sense.
Kane would most likely be the king of the Armada's side, seldom moving but being so important.
Rooke would most likely be a rook, since rooks are fashioned after siege towers, like Rooke seems to be. Deacon would be a bishop-knight "fairy piece" called an archbishop, since they are also known as deacon pieces. Also, real deacons would assist ministers, as Deacon assists Kane. Phule would be a bishop like Bishop, because a "fou" in French, or "fool" in English is the ridge in a bishop piece, making it a jester's cap.
Of course, this leaves our nameless one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but One-Eyed Jack said (somewhere one these boards) that the supposedly female clockwork was a very important part of the storyline. I can conclude that she would be the equiv. of the queen piece, due to so much power. However, it's illogical that she would be Kane's wife by anything but written notice (or something) - clockworks don't have feelings like love. Still, I'm excited to see where our queen piece goes, and why she's so important - and nameless.

D.S. Devereaux

Ensign
Feb 13, 2009
This is a pretty interesting topic, since no one knows for sure who she is. But considering we are now comparing the clockworks to chess, let me state that I feel she may be even more powerful than Kane, in the end. She may not be as important as Kane, per say, but consider how much more powerful a queen is in chess than any of the other pieces... It stands to reason that she may actually be the more powerful enemy here.

--Clever Miranda

Ensign
Aug 23, 2011
OhMyFish on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
This is a pretty interesting topic, since no one knows for sure who she is. But considering we are now comparing the clockworks to chess, let me state that I feel she may be even more powerful than Kane, in the end. She may not be as important as Kane, per say, but consider how much more powerful a queen is in chess than any of the other pieces... It stands to reason that she may actually be the more powerful enemy here.

--Clever Miranda
That's a very good idea... Like Kane's plans are coming from her, or she is manipulating him for something... That is very smart, I would have never noticed that! I was actually thinking something a little nicer about her. Like maybe she becomes companion to help stop Kane. But I think you're probably right.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
The Queens are actually easily corrupted when having a husband to manipulate. Truth be told I think she is ignoring the Armada's prime directive; to serve and protect the spiral.

Ensign
Feb 13, 2009
Quentin Atherton on Jan 11, 2013 wrote:
The Queens are actually easily corrupted when having a husband to manipulate. Truth be told I think she is ignoring the Armada's prime directive; to serve and protect the spiral.
I'm not really following... the Armada is already established to be going against that directive, which seems like a strange thing to expect of them in the first place, considering they are essentially emotionless husks. Also, I don't feel as if she would be easily corrupted if she were pulling the strings. As we seem to be assuming at this point that this is modeled after chess and that she is the Queen in all of this (although that is purely theoretical, let's not forget that) she would be the CORRUPTER, not the CORRUPTED. She is manipulating Kane and therefore corrupting him, not the other way around. There would be no one higher up to corrupt her. While her ideas are corrupted, I do not believe her to be so, as that would require her to have had a different way of thinking to begin with, which seems unlikely. But going along with this current trend in thinking, it seems safe to assume for these purposes that she has all the power, while Kane has all the appearance of it.
--Clever Miranda