Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Release Mustang Sally and Nepoleguin...

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Hey, Kings Isle.... How about a little warning???

I started the dungeon to rescue Mustang Sally and Napoleguin at 5:00PM.

At 6:00 I quit in a rage. I had to stop to make dinner, which I had planned to do, several hours before.

These dungeons usually take fifteen, twenty minutes...thirty tops.

But no, we think we're done, we have to get Napoleguin's hat...

Then his valet...

Then his honor guard...

If you are going to put in a dungeon that is so much longer than your previous ones, could you at LEAST give us a warning?? Now I have to do the entire thing all over again, and frankly, I'm not sure I want to.

Community Leader
Did you turn off the warning that pops up when you enter a dungeon? Everytime I enter a story dungeon, I get a warning saying about how long it will take and then the standard stuff about not logging our for more that 30 min or leaving the instance. The card game instance in Cool Ranch says it takes about 2 hours to complete. Thank goodness for that warning before hand!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Dec 01, 2012
Talkin The Plank on Dec 11, 2012 wrote:
Did you turn off the warning that pops up when you enter a dungeon? Everytime I enter a story dungeon, I get a warning saying about how long it will take and then the standard stuff about not logging our for more that 30 min or leaving the instance. The card game instance in Cool Ranch says it takes about 2 hours to complete. Thank goodness for that warning before hand!
^True that ^

Community Leader
Fort Elena warns you that it make take 2 hours or more when you start it UNLESS you have these dungeon notifications/warnings turned off. Its easy to do and not realize, I have done it before.

You should be able to turn these back on, under user options in the game.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Hmmm.... Apparently, it was off, but I don't recall turning it off in Pirate101.

In any case, it is back on now, although I do find it usually annoying to be told the same stuff over and over for each dungeon, when all I really need to know is how long it will take.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Having turned the dungeon warning back on here is what it says:

"Ahoy, Pirate! Ye're going into a dungeon! If ye log out or leave for more than 30 minutes, ye'll have to start all over from the beginning. It'll take about 1 hour for ye to finish. Or maybe less if ye take a friend or three. Are ye sure ye want to go in?"

As I said, I was with a friend, and fully expected to finish in the hour I had. When we went back later, it took an hour and a half, and that was going as fast as we could, because we wanted to get it done with and over, since we were both annoyed with it.

I will make some suggestions for changes to this warning in a separate thread.

Community Leader
Max DeGroot on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:
Having turned the dungeon warning back on here is what it says:

"Ahoy, Pirate! Ye're going into a dungeon! If ye log out or leave for more than 30 minutes, ye'll have to start all over from the beginning. It'll take about 1 hour for ye to finish. Or maybe less if ye take a friend or three. Are ye sure ye want to go in?"

As I said, I was with a friend, and fully expected to finish in the hour I had. When we went back later, it took an hour and a half, and that was going as fast as we could, because we wanted to get it done with and over, since we were both annoyed with it.

I will make some suggestions for changes to this warning in a separate thread.
The only part about that warning that is innaccurate is that it goes faster if you bring a friend. While it is true that you can get through certain instances faster with a friend, the way you do that isn't by both fighting the same mobs. I've seen this in both the Presidio and the Don's tomb where when one player engages the impassable group, the other player slips buy and starts the next portion of the instance. If you fight each and every battle together, it will take longer simply because there are more turns taken per round.

Exception to what I just said is if you bring a "high level" friend. That would speed things up.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
Talkin The Plank on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:
The only part about that warning that is innaccurate is that it goes faster if you bring a friend. While it is true that you can get through certain instances faster with a friend, the way you do that isn't by both fighting the same mobs. I've seen this in both the Presidio and the Don's tomb where when one player engages the impassable group, the other player slips buy and starts the next portion of the instance. If you fight each and every battle together, it will take longer simply because there are more turns taken per round.

Exception to what I just said is if you bring a "high level" friend. That would speed things up.
Fort Elena was a quite of annoyance and hassle to me. Long and annoying. Nepoleguin wanted everything and almost got us captured multiple times. By bringing a friend is a benefit and a not so benefit. Bringing a friend takes quite longer like Talkin The Plank said. It means more turns and a longer battle. My suggestion was when I went with 3 other people, we fought the first 4 battles together. Then when we realized it took forever we split up our battles. Meaning the next fight you would go, next your friend and so on. If you needed help just say "I NEED HELP!" or something like that to get there attention. LIke when I was doing the General Tso dungeon in Mooshu it was quite long and difficult but with 3 other friends we worked together split it up and asked for help and we got through it.

You just need teamwork and a good strategized plan and you'll be able to get through it. Trust me it may be an annoyance but in the end the hard work will pay off since you've completed the dungeon.

Romantic Pearl Roland Lvl 44
Silver Valeria Xaiver 15