Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Are ship ports in homes ever going to work?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I dock my ship in my home but I can't use it to port to worlds or into PvP ship matches or anything. Are ship docks in home ever going to be made to work and go places? They would save a lot of time.

Community Leader
seasnake on Dec 4, 2012 wrote:
I dock my ship in my home but I can't use it to port to worlds or into PvP ship matches or anything. Are ship docks in home ever going to be made to work and go places? They would save a lot of time.
I agree. Even if it just popped you out at the Skull Island docks, it would at least do something!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Feb 16, 2010
This has been suggested before, and rightly so. I hope KI will implement some functionality to housing docks before too long. Hopefully it would give us access to a main port in any skyway we have opened or at least to the first port you go to in any new world.

I have a house I don't use at all, I keep my dorm room equipped. With the house, It is too cumbersome to use and get anywhere I need to go.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
Talkin The Plank on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
I agree. Even if it just popped you out at the Skull Island docks, it would at least do something!
It would be nice if it popped you out at the SI docks, or even at your last known location.

Community Leader
Kymma Starflower on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
This has been suggested before, and rightly so. I hope KI will implement some functionality to housing docks before too long. Hopefully it would give us access to a main port in any skyway we have opened or at least to the first port you go to in any new world.

I have a house I don't use at all, I keep my dorm room equipped. With the house, It is too cumbersome to use and get anywhere I need to go.
I don't use my house much either. I bought the Buccaneer's Den when it was on sale for 5,000c, but I don't have many housing items, since I have training tomes to buy, and like you said, there's no other reason than decorating to use the house at this point. Hopefully with the new update, housing items will start dropping from mobs and bosses (I want me some trophies!) and I'll use it a bit more. The PvP sigil they put in some of the bundled houses is a good sign of functionality to come. I would guess the devs have a lot of things in queue to be entered into the game and will get to them all eventually. We'll see!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
Love the idea of the ship ports at home. Currently the only thing I do with my house is use the bank, and since I have to run to my bank each time, I unequip it and use my dorm.

I wonder if they'd consider putting a "bank" on our ships?

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
Talkin The Plank on Dec 6, 2012 wrote:
I don't use my house much either. I bought the Buccaneer's Den when it was on sale for 5,000c, but I don't have many housing items, since I have training tomes to buy, and like you said, there's no other reason than decorating to use the house at this point. Hopefully with the new update, housing items will start dropping from mobs and bosses (I want me some trophies!) and I'll use it a bit more. The PvP sigil they put in some of the bundled houses is a good sign of functionality to come. I would guess the devs have a lot of things in queue to be entered into the game and will get to them all eventually. We'll see!
Outside of decorating, housing never served much of a purpose in Wizard101 either.

I've yet felt the need for a house as I did when I played W101, as a pirate, I'd rather be on my ship knockin' heads and taking names

(I never did understand why ships, with a below deck that you could "decorate," weren't our homes in this game anyway )

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2010
Houses need a world gate and all your ships in the docks (for showing off )

Just the world gate would make houses indispensable.