Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Comparing pirate and wizard classes

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
I'm not sure if this topic has been brought up before, I haven't actually seen a post about this so I though I'd write one. How do you compare wizard and pirate classes? Here is how I compare them.

Swashbuckler = Storm: Most damage and highest chance of critical

Buccaneer = Ice: Lots of health and resist

Privateer = Life: Natural healing ability

Witch Doctor = Death (DUH): Ability to steal health and calls upon the forces of the dead for help

Musketeer To be honest, I really couldn't compare this to any wizard class, maybe you guys could figure it out.

And also, how would you all compare the teachers? I really couldn't do this either. KI did a really good job of making the Pirate101 teachers very different and unique from the Wizard101 teachers, but I'm sure some of you will be able to compare them. I hope this will be a very active and fun post for everyone on the message boards.

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
swashbuckler has poison which is damage over time and musketeer seems to deal more upfront damage and be a lot more prone to damage due to dodge differences... I'd list musketeer as storm and swashbuckler as fire

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Swashbuckler = Storm/Balance
Buccaneer = Ice/Storm
Witch Doctor = Fire/Storm/Death/Balance
Privateer = Myth/Life
Muskateer = Fire/Storm/Balance

Captain
May 02, 2009
In my Opinon , here is how they're compared:

Buccaneer:Ice (high health and armor)
Swashbuckler:Storm (low health but high damage)
Musketeer:Balance (fits with it somehow)
Withdoctor:Death (controls the dead and drains enemy health)
Privateer:Life (heals and helps teammates to victory) p.s. I rarely won a pvp match without one :D

Ensign
Oct 01, 2010
I actually really thought of this myself too on comparing the different classes, here's my list on it:

Buccaneer: Storm (for high damage) and Ice (for high defence)
Swashbuckler: Fire (for being able to do multiple hits)
Privateer: Myth (for being able to recrute the most companions) and Life (for having the ability to heal)
Witchdoctor: Death (for being able to steal health and summon the undead)
Musketteer: i was really unsure at first here, but maybe Balance (able to set many traps against the enemy)

See ye all in the Spiral and Skyways:
Pirate101: Humble Jack Jackson, lvl 13 Buccaneer
Wizard101: Paul Legenddreamer, lvl 79 death
Jack Legenddreamer, lvl 53 balance
Aedan Legenddreamer, lvl 37 fire

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
I would say Swashbucklers are ice because the high dodge rate sort of acts like a resistance. I thought buccaneers would be storm because of this from Morgan LaFitte: "though not as tough as a buccaneer, sacrificing toughness for damage" with toughness meaning health and damage obviously meaning damage, :P. Others are obvious except for musketeer. Musketeers have high accuracy just like life, but no heals.

Friendly Justin Everhart - Level 46

Community Leader
No offense, but I think your trying to compare apples to oranges.

Different games, different genres, no comparison.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
May 13, 2011
CaptainAureus on Dec 2, 2012 wrote:
I'm not sure if this topic has been brought up before, I haven't actually seen a post about this so I though I'd write one. How do you compare wizard and pirate classes? Here is how I compare them.

Swashbuckler = Storm: Most damage and highest chance of critical

Buccaneer = Ice: Lots of health and resist

Privateer = Life: Natural healing ability

Witch Doctor = Death (DUH): Ability to steal health and calls upon the forces of the dead for help

Musketeer To be honest, I really couldn't compare this to any wizard class, maybe you guys could figure it out.

And also, how would you all compare the teachers? I really couldn't do this either. KI did a really good job of making the Pirate101 teachers very different and unique from the Wizard101 teachers, but I'm sure some of you will be able to compare them. I hope this will be a very active and fun post for everyone on the message boards.

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~
WHAT! witchdoctor is death and myth cause of the summoning!

Ensign
Jun 06, 2011
Musketeer is like balance: they both are annoying and hard