Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

having to port to talk

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
my sisters and i have encountered a problem in the game. It seems sometime when we are fighting baddies in places like hoodoo house, after we beat the guys we have to teleport to the other person with us, and it takes about 10 times before we can get it. Can this be fixed?

Administrator
Hi! So, it sounds like you're frozen after combat and are forced to teleport to your friends to get unstuck? Can you describe this a little more for me?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 13, 2012 wrote:
Hi! So, it sounds like you're frozen after combat and are forced to teleport to your friends to get unstuck? Can you describe this a little more for me?
sure, i walk up to whoever or whatever is after the battle, I know i can talk to this because of the question mark, and I can't.

Administrator
So it isn't that you're "frozen" after combat. It's more like you can't talk to the person who is supposed to advance your quest if you're completing the quest as a group of friends?

You mentioned the Hoodoo House. Is there anywhere else you've noticed this happening?

Thanks for the additional information.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I've noticed that this seems to happen when you end the battle close to the person or object you are supposed to interact with. What I've done is back off from the person or object and then re-approach them (don't have to go far). Usually I get the "press 'x' or left mouse click" message after doing so.

Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
So it isn't that you're "frozen" after combat. It's more like you can't talk to the person who is supposed to advance your quest if you're completing the quest as a group of friends?

You mentioned the Hoodoo House. Is there anywhere else you've noticed this happening?

Thanks for the additional information.
Well, it first happened to me in the Hoodoo House, but I think it also happened in, well, I forget but that's only because I thought to remember only the Hoodoo House. All I know it happens in dungeons.