Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why Am I Such A Perfectionist!?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 04, 2010
I cannot keep one character for more than about a week. I see their weakness or feel like I did something wrong with the character and delete, and create a new one. I started playing the first day P101 came out, and by now I would have been at max level. I've gone through about 15 characters now. I'm tired of deleting characters. Can anyone help me with ym problem? XD

Clever Cole,"The Perfectionist."

Community Leader
Are the problems you have with your characters cosmetic? If that's the case, I don't think we can help, as that's just personal preference If the problem is that you think you have mis-allocated Practice Points, those can be reset (costs 350 crowns, I think). If you're concerned about your crews epics/traits, those can be reset for gold. Gear comes and goes so I'm sure that's not the issue. If the problem is you're not sure which class to choose, remember that you can have up to 6 pirates on one account, so, at the very least, you can have one of each class and then, I guess, two of one class (or save that slot in case another class is added in a future expansion). Don't delete them, in case you decide you want to go back to that class. Always takes less time to pick it up again then to start from scratch.

If the issue is none of the above, what are you having trouble with so we can help? If it's just that your favorite part of the game is character creation, then congratulations: you can do that every time you log in!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
Since you can reset training points for pirate, and companions, the only things that vary from pirate to pirate are...
Where your from? (stat bonus)
Where you lost your parents. (Companion that joins you at presidio)
Why you were arrested. (Your pirate class)

Deleting and restarting a pirate really in reality only allows you to change those 3 things. All the rest is changable/correctable within normal game play without character deletion.

As was mentioned previously, perhaps if we had a better idea of what is making you feel like you need to start over we could suggest better methods to get back on track (besides restarting your pirate).

OFxSaint
Silent Sam Stern - Lvl 50 - Witchdoctor

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Omg, Cps2001. I am the exact same way!

I will delete my character if it is not the right color. Or if the raft's flag does not look right.

Same thing happened to me with Witchdoctor back in alpha. Realizing I spent all my companion points and having had my companions anywhere from 2-15 levels behind made me quit Witchdoctor. The fact that the Witchdoctor's skeletal summon did not power up with higher levels made me want to quit Witchdoctor, and I was not happy.

Getting the wrong companion from the Presidio depressed me. Omg, I can't stop being that way! I spent so much time creating my swashbuckler, I had to restart the process twice due to inactivity.

Ensign
Aug 11, 2010
no matter what class you pick you will have the same issue what you do is build your companions up they will do all the fighting for you just use your spells to help

Ensign
Nov 04, 2010
It's not really cosmetic. it's more just I mess somthing up and I don't want to waste the crowns. Thanks for the help.
Clever Cole,"The Perfectionist."

Ensign
Nov 04, 2010
Shiningfantasia on Nov 9, 2012 wrote:

I will delete my character if it is not the right color. Or if the raft's flag does not look right.

Same thing happened to me with Witchdoctor back in alpha. Realizing I spent all my companion points and having had my companions anywhere from 2-15 levels behind made me quit Witchdoctor. The fact that the Witchdoctor's skeletal summon did not power up with higher levels made me want to quit Witchdoctor, and I was not happy.

Getting the wrong companion from the Presidio depressed me. Omg, I can't stop being that way! I spent so much time creating my swashbuckler, I had to restart the process twice due to inactivity.
Thats my exact problem. It's not really about if my companions get messed up, but it's more about not coloring my flag right, or my charcter a certain color. Then when I'm doing fine and feeling good about a character I see that, and say to myself,"That doesn't look right, I'll start over." Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Shiningfantasia on Nov 9, 2012 wrote:

I hated the rat companion so I restarted my swashbuckler to get the gerbil. The gerbil ranks fairly low on my companion list at the moment. I like the crab if it wouldn't miss so much. I liked my flag and my colors, though I always dye my ship and my clothes. I wish I could dye my companions as well as some will mostly be one color while others will mostly be another based upon their outfits. I see myself as having three colors, two for my mast and flag, and a switch in one of those colors for the hull of my ship and for my personal outfit. I would not like to change my flag colors as I like my sails as they are. Pirate101 does not cator to my colour scheme as much as I would like them to, I have three colors and it feels like they would prefer to force players into having simply 2. If I could dye my companions individually I'd be happier with at least some of them.