Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

lower lvl HARD?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 02, 2011
on p101 people may notice every other onlinee game is so simple to lvl from like 1-10

on p101 it took me 3 weeks on w101 1 day ._0

~sneakyBakeHolystone

Administrator
Given that, we have many players already near or at max level in the short amount of time that Pirate101 has been released! Can you believe it?

You may find that as you play the game more, repeated content may go faster than when you first encountered it. (When I think about it, not only did Beta players get a head start week to get them going, but they also gained the knowledge of "doing this all before." It may just be my perception, but I really think that speeds things up.)

The ultimate hope; however, is that you're enjoying your time here . . . no matter the pace. I think that's most important.

Thanks for the post Sneaky Blake Holystone!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 2, 2012 wrote:
Given that, we have many players already near or at max level in the short amount of time that Pirate101 has been released! Can you believe it?

You may find that as you play the game more, repeated content may go faster than when you first encountered it. (When I think about it, not only did Beta players get a head start week to get them going, but they also gained the knowledge of "doing this all before." It may just be my perception, but I really think that speeds things up.)

The ultimate hope; however, is that you're enjoying your time here . . . no matter the pace. I think that's most important.

Thanks for the post Sneaky Blake Holystone!
It's true that the first character in any MMO or, in fact any RPG, will be the slowest. With the first, you are much more likely to read all the quest text, fret about what items you need to get as well as learning where best to focus your efforts for maximum efficiency and enjoyment. Every time I think I'm not leveling fast enough, I try and remind myself to relax and enjoy the ride. This is a game, after all. Make sure you don't rush past the entertainment!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
What I don't understand is, why would people want to level fast. Why is that everyone needs to be at maximum level as fast as possible?

My mother does the same thing, no longer reading quest logs, chat logs, or exploring.

Same concept in youtube players, fast forward, action replay cheats, etc etc. The whole point of playing a game, is playing the game. As long as you play the game, you will hit max level, and will get to do max level things.

But why does there always have to be a 'fast forward' button? Might as well just go the extra length and ask Ratbeard to make a "instant maximum level" button.

Community Leader
Shiningfantasia on Nov 3, 2012 wrote:
What I don't understand is, why would people want to level fast. Why is that everyone needs to be at maximum level as fast as possible?

My mother does the same thing, no longer reading quest logs, chat logs, or exploring.

Same concept in youtube players, fast forward, action replay cheats, etc etc. The whole point of playing a game, is playing the game. As long as you play the game, you will hit max level, and will get to do max level things.

But why does there always have to be a 'fast forward' button? Might as well just go the extra length and ask Ratbeard to make a "instant maximum level" button.
A lot of folks who play MMO's are stuck in the mindset that "the game doesn't really begin until level cap" which is a bit of a logical fallacy. WoW is maybe the worst offender here. There is also a lot of people who only want to play online with others so they can show off the great gear/pet/whatever to everyone else. I understand that part (I think we all do) and it's part of what makes an online game fun, but it's (hopefully) not the only part!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
May 02, 2011
ty and fyi if this meant i am a buccaneer i am not ty :D

Ensign
May 02, 2011
Blake the balance on Nov 7, 2012 wrote:
ty and fyi if this meant i am a buccaneer i am not ty :D
not bucaneer musketeer sry get them mixed up

Ensign
Apr 15, 2010
It is hard to level when lower but the reason is its not very good xp

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I would say Pirate101 lets you level 10 times faster than Wizard101.

In Pirate101, you can actually sit there and grind. In Wizard101, the ONLY thing you have is quests. There is nothing else.

So far, this is what I LOVE about Pirate101. The fact that I don't have to do quests just to level up, I can grind, and have an easier time advancing through the story on higher level characters.