Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

If I don't do side quests can I avoid...

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
getting all the companions that I would rather not have? I would rather not have all the companions that are forced upon my character and I have just finished the game. Am thinking about playing the same character class again all the way from the start up and avoid any quest that gives me any companion that I'd rather not have. I wonder how that would work.

Community Leader
seasnake on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
getting all the companions that I would rather not have? I would rather not have all the companions that are forced upon my character and I have just finished the game. Am thinking about playing the same character class again all the way from the start up and avoid any quest that gives me any companion that I'd rather not have. I wonder how that would work.
This is how I am currently working my pirates. Main quest line companions are unavoidable, but no sense in taking on a companion we may not need too early. The later you finish the companion quest, the higher the resulting companion will be, and the fewer tomes, etc you will need to train them. There are a few that I have gotten by surprise (not requiring a turn in), but I think this system works very well overall.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Sure. As I have mentioned in several posts, you can either decline the side quests, or get it and not finish it until you're ready, or never. You do have to get the main quest companions (and they will vary depending on pirate class).

I wait to do my side companions until about 48-50, that way, I don't have to waste training tomes throughout the game.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
All my companions are level 49 now, as I have learned where the good places to farm gold fast are at. Even at these companion levels I sincerely wish I could drop half of them and be able to select only the top 8 or 10 I'd like to be included in the random draw. Later on some of my companions may move higher in the order that I currently have them, but until they do I'd like to exclude them. I think the company would make a lot more money if they let players use only the top 8 or 10 companions that they choose to use as players would most likely be apt to pay to get 8 or 10 great companions but making player have 20 or so and the list keeps growing kinda makes the player think why bother with getting the best companions as the more companions you have the worse things become.