Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Commonly Requested Additions to Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 17, 2011
I would like to be able to use a set mark like in wizard. It would be so helpful when doing quests far from each other especially if you don't have a land mount.

Thanks

Administrator
Added more to the list based on comments.

If I could request . . . if you have a brand new suggestion that has not been brought up before, please avoid leaving your new suggestion on this thread . . . instead make a new post!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Feb 20, 2009
with so little time to choose a face, clothes, a good pirate name, I kept getting timed out for inactivity before I could make my flag. SO, I rushed it and after seeing all the wonderful flags out there I really wish for $5 or $10 in crowns I could change my flags and dye my companion clothes to match.

Ensign
Jul 31, 2011
A good thing to put would be a way to mark your spot like in W101. I know you can return to skull island then teleport back, but that button won't last long :/
It should be that you mark your location, go ANYWHERE in the spiral, and still be able to return back. It's better cause it has an X just like X marks the spot. Plz KI, add that feature. It's painful to have to sail your ship so many places and the possible income of dying while your at it.

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
Here's what I would looove to see come in the most!

1. Bazaar/Auction House
2. Captain's Quarters on ship
3. PvP

Ensign
Jul 17, 2012
I have noticed how the main ideas for Wizard 101 and ideas about rooms on ships have been repeated a lot. This thread will be really useful because then people can check before posting another thread about something that has been mentioned a lot. Thanks.

Brave Harley Jackson

Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
How about being able to sideline some of the companions? i didnt see this idea on the thread and i know i have seen it before on other threads. just really dislike having my 1% companions show up during a really hard ship battle.

Ensign
May 07, 2011
I have a suggestion. Take all the features from Wizard101 and put them in Pirate101. Most of these features that are being asked for are from Wizard101.

P.S. I have seen a few posts recently about "capturing enemy ships". I'd like to see that so if anyone else who reads this wants it too, help us out.

Ensign
Jul 08, 2010
I like the idea of letting you place companions at your house(like furniture but with their tavern animations). though it would make it very hard to pick, some of the ones that look best, are the ones i use to fight with most often

Ensign
Nov 24, 2012
I am ESPECIALLY looking forward to seeing a bazaar as well as PvP .

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
forceofdeath on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
I have a suggestion. Take all the features from Wizard101 and put them in Pirate101. Most of these features that are being asked for are from Wizard101.

P.S. I have seen a few posts recently about "capturing enemy ships". I'd like to see that so if anyone else who reads this wants it too, help us out.
No, please don't take the features from Wizard101 and put them in Pirate 101. Let them be their own separate games.

Some of us stopped playing W101 for a reason even before the release of P101.

But the idea about capturing enemy ships, that's a good one!

Ensign
Jan 12, 2012
My friends and I would love to see the ability to enter our ship's cabins and furnish them with items we have either earned or purchased. As sea-going people it is only natural to spend time in the Captain's Cabin so why not allow us to decorate and furnish it to our liking as well as allow us to see below-decks? Please add the feature of access to the Captain's Cabin on our ships.

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
Hello,

Since we seem to be repeating ourselves, I'm starting this thread to keep track of commonly requested features for Pirate101 and linking to the major threads that discuss these topics. This list does not guarantee any of these systems or features will be implemented into the game. The only purpose of this thread is to help organize these requests into one master thread:

Updated
PvP (**Added Practice PvP 11 December 2012-- More to come!)
More housing capacity (**Increased housing capacity to 200 indoors and outdoors! -- Housing Elixirs!)
Holiday Content (**Yuletide items added to the Crown Shop! -- ** Springtime Pets -- **Birth-o-ween -- More to come!)
Add Furniture as Loot Drops (**Furniture added as drops throughout the game!)
Card Packs (**Tribal Crew Pack added 1/17/2013)
Pet Store (**Pets for Gold were added to the Crown Shop 2/28/2013)
Better Companion Management (**Benching system implemented 2/28/2013)
Better Power Management (**Power Management system added 2/28/2013)
Better hat for Ratbeard's final promotion (**Better hat added 2/28/2013)
Clothing Stitching (**Eloise Merryweather arrived in The Spiral on 3/27/2013)
Bazaar/Auction House (**Bazaar added 5/23/2013)
Add Mounts for Gold (**Don Ready appeared 5/23/2013)
More Female Companions (**Gracie Conrad, Zeena (Eagle Archer), and Serpent Augur added 5/23/2013 -- **Lady Centaur Companion in Empire Bundle -- more to come!)
Class Specific Housing (**Class Houses added 7/18/2013)
Gifting through Crown Shop (**Gifting added 7/18/2013)
Add Smashy and Stabby weapons to the Crown Shop (**New in the Crown Shop 5/12/2014)
Preview House Button (**New button in the Crown Shop 5/12/2014)
Allow pets and mounts to roam free in houses (**Let your pets be free -- 5/12/2014)
Totem Stitching (**New Accessory Slot that is stitchable 5/12/2014)
Flag/Companion Dyeing (Added to vendor in the Bazaar Sept. 2014 Update)
Captain's Quarters on Ship (Added Dec. 2014 Update)
~~
Commonly Requested
Add mannequins to housing
Ship PvP
Music player
(This is a work in progress -- thanks!)
Adding a Bazaar/Auction House would be really great. It'll me more conveint and I can find more suitable items for a cheaper price then the original. A Flag/Companion Dyeing store would also be really great. While picking out my flag colors I didn't realize it would affect my companions until later notice. (If I read and listen I would have been informed on this during character creating) My emblem looks plain and my colors don't actually scream Privateer.

I really like how P101 is coming together. I can't wait to see what Kingisle has is later years.

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
Hello,

Since we seem to be repeating ourselves, I'm starting this thread to keep track of commonly requested features for Pirate101 and linking to the major threads that discuss these topics. This list does not guarantee any of these systems or features will be implemented into the game. The only purpose of this thread is to help organize these requests into one master thread:

Updated
PvP (**Added Practice PvP 11 December 2012-- More to come!)
More housing capacity (**Increased housing capacity to 200 indoors and outdoors! -- Housing Elixirs!)
Holiday Content (**Yuletide items added to the Crown Shop! -- ** Springtime Pets -- **Birth-o-ween -- More to come!)
Add Furniture as Loot Drops (**Furniture added as drops throughout the game!)
Card Packs (**Tribal Crew Pack added 1/17/2013)
Pet Store (**Pets for Gold were added to the Crown Shop 2/28/2013)
Better Companion Management (**Benching system implemented 2/28/2013)
Better Power Management (**Power Management system added 2/28/2013)
Better hat for Ratbeard's final promotion (**Better hat added 2/28/2013)
Clothing Stitching (**Eloise Merryweather arrived in The Spiral on 3/27/2013)
Bazaar/Auction House (**Bazaar added 5/23/2013)
Add Mounts for Gold (**Don Ready appeared 5/23/2013)
More Female Companions (**Gracie Conrad, Zeena (Eagle Archer), and Serpent Augur added 5/23/2013 -- **Lady Centaur Companion in Empire Bundle -- more to come!)
Class Specific Housing (**Class Houses added 7/18/2013)
Gifting through Crown Shop (**Gifting added 7/18/2013)
Add Smashy and Stabby weapons to the Crown Shop (**New in the Crown Shop 5/12/2014)
Preview House Button (**New button in the Crown Shop 5/12/2014)
Allow pets and mounts to roam free in houses (**Let your pets be free -- 5/12/2014)
Totem Stitching (**New Accessory Slot that is stitchable 5/12/2014)
Flag/Companion Dyeing (Added to vendor in the Bazaar Sept. 2014 Update)
Captain's Quarters on Ship (Added Dec. 2014 Update)
~~
Commonly Requested
Add mannequins to housing
Ship PvP
Music player
(This is a work in progress -- thanks!)
I have a suggestion stop giving withdoctors overpowered cards they get cards that do inasne damage and i think its unfair to privateers who get no attack cards so i would like for witchdoctor to be nerfed a bit and privateer given more attack cards ok thx~scurvy orion lanyard level 26 privateer

Petty Officer
Jun 29, 2011
Isabeau82 on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
Thank you for this thread! Please don't forget other issues such as:

1) Having the option to allow others to join you in ship battles. ie; Mike Horn wants to join? Yes? No?

2) Adding more female companions to the companion list.
2) NEVER

1) yeah

Ensign
Sep 16, 2010
Crafting... oh I miss searching for goodies and making stuff!

Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
The ability to tour houses?!

Community Leader
I was thinking about the auction house. You know those free traders that are in different lands? You could make them auctioneers. Could still work like a auction house though be where ever there are those free traders.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but what about more weapon varieties in general? not just type like smashy/stabby, but different sets. like epic sets and what not. Like whole sets in wiz101.

second, what about a way to save a spot and port back to it...even if we do leave skull island. talkintheplank mentions this in his podcast. there are three ways to get to skull island, how about make it easier to port around?

Ensign
Jul 26, 2010
It would be really nice if we could dismiss companions we don't find useful. It's really hard when you have so many companions and companion training points are so hard to come by. Either that or raise the amount of training points you get as you level up (since you have more companions, more training points would be welcome).

I would also like to see the ability to remove abilities from your "dock". I have so many abilities that are obsolete now, but they still end up taking up space when I need the stronger spells quickly. You can't unlearn them, because then you lose the stronger spells.

Ensign
Sep 16, 2010
vampkaterinara on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
It would be really nice if we could dismiss companions we don't find useful. It's really hard when you have so many companions and companion training points are so hard to come by. Either that or raise the amount of training points you get as you level up (since you have more companions, more training points would be welcome).

I would also like to see the ability to remove abilities from your "dock". I have so many abilities that are obsolete now, but they still end up taking up space when I need the stronger spells quickly. You can't unlearn them, because then you lose the stronger spells.
I second these ideas as well.

In addition, I would like to see travel times reduced. Surely after one has visited a place or completed key quests, the option to travel quickly to the area should be offered. The more advanced I get in the game, the more completely bored I get with travel. I find myself leaving my computer to do little tasks. I am completely removed from game immersion.

Ensign
Oct 02, 2011
Great list!

Here is my input on some of the ideas that were already presented, roughly in order of how important that are to me:
  • I hope the Auction House comes out soon!
  • The ability to scroll through special abilities during combat would be great. Alternately the ability to designate the order in which they appear, or even the ability to filter older/less powerful skills out so they don't show up in your list in the first place would be better than it is now.There could be a limit of say 10 or so skill slots (increasing as you level?) that you choose to have available in combat. (I know this is similar to the current capability of being able to right click and remove unwanted abilities, but I would rather do this ahead of time than have to remove them in every combat.) I disagree that this would be unbalancing. What's the point in traing/upgrading your skills if you can't use the skills you need in a given situation? It is already 'balanced' to the extend that you can only use these abilities once per battle. I like the 'chess game' feel of this over the 'card game' feel of Wizard101. Let's keep our weapons available please.
  • A Captain's Quarters room on a ship would make MUCH more sense to me than any other housing in a game that is based on pirates and ships. I understand that ship upgrades could make this a challenge, but I wouldn't mind if the basic room was on a ship, and followed you to whatever ship you are using.
  • The tavern cellar Crew room would make more sense to me to be available through your ship. It would not need to be a 'housing' type room where you could place object, but it could just grow as your crew grows, rougly approximating your ship size.
  • My daughter would also love more female crewmates.
  • The ability to park crewmates that you don't want to use in battles would be nice. I seem to see the 3% range crewmates come up more often than the 20% reange crewmates for some reason.
  • Looking forward to cardpacks, more housing items, housing previews...

Ensign
Jul 26, 2010
Zabalah on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
I second these ideas as well.

In addition, I would like to see travel times reduced. Surely after one has visited a place or completed key quests, the option to travel quickly to the area should be offered. The more advanced I get in the game, the more completely bored I get with travel. I find myself leaving my computer to do little tasks. I am completely removed from game immersion.
I agree. It is a real time killer, and is rather unfair to children who have time limits on the computer (like my daughter) when she has to waste 15 minutes traveling between "worlds" on the ship.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
What I really, really, really, REALLY, want for you to add in Pirate101 is to have our Companions roam freely around in our homes, so that they'll walk around the houses, and we can have conversations between our Companions, ask them questions, talk to them about our current adventures so far, their histories, and plenty more! Put this request as a must-have request, if you please! I would LOVE to talk to our Companions so much!

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
so i think it should be a little easyer to see how much time is left on my mebership
so i know when to buy a new one and how much i should try to do before its over

thanks