Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why Do I Need Those Ship Tokens?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 18, 2010
After combat at sea, there are various tokens on board...I vaguely remember a message about them, but can't find it to review it in the Help Section...
Why do I need to collect these tokens? What do they do? I don't see them stored anywhere in my backpack.
Thanks Mateys!

Ensign
Mar 23, 2009
Those turn into items if you board or are boarded. Some are traps, from are fires, Ice, and other things. In your first ship battle they teach us this. It is also helpful to have someone on your ship to keep the decks clean.

Ensign
Jun 08, 2011
You aren't collecting them; you're repairing them. Each token represents a specific form of damage that your ship took.

Entering battle on deck with tokens present turns them into hazards. Fires, ice, traps, powder kegs, holes in the floor, etc.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
I am confused about these too. While I am engaged in broadside combat, I can't imagine stopping to clear the deck. After it's all done, the tokens are gone. That may be because I am usually boarded or blown up.;)

Ensign
Oct 18, 2010
Thanks! I will keep collecting them then! See you in the skyways!

Ensign
Jun 08, 2011
telemwillP, when I'm riding along in a friend's ship, I run around on deck during the broadside battle, cleaning up the tokens so that we won't have to deal with fires and the like if boarded.

There's also at least one piece of ship equipment that has a 50% chance of eliminating the lower powered tokens when it is activated. A sails, I believe, that call a blue, bearded face that blows on your ship.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
Thanks bangoben! I didn't think about the possibility of having someone along on the ship. That is cool, and I want to give it a try soon. I will keep an eye out for those sails too.