Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Improved Mojo Blast

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
This companion ability (that Old Scratch & Mormo get) allows the companion to attack multiple enemies with their normal attack. But what happens when the enemy dodges? It seems that if one enemy dodges, then none of them get attacked. Is this the case or is there some other calculation done?

If that is the case, then that seems slightly unfair. It would make the companion more likely to miss if they are attacking more than one enemy. I think it should hit those it would hit and miss those it would miss (i.e a mixture of misses and hits).

Developer
KiwiChickenz on Oct 24, 2012 wrote:
This companion ability (that Old Scratch & Mormo get) allows the companion to attack multiple enemies with their normal attack. But what happens when the enemy dodges? It seems that if one enemy dodges, then none of them get attacked. Is this the case or is there some other calculation done?

If that is the case, then that seems slightly unfair. It would make the companion more likely to miss if they are attacking more than one enemy. I think it should hit those it would hit and miss those it would miss (i.e a mixture of misses and hits).
It might be best to think of it as a "fizzle"-- the attack either works (and hits everybody), or it doesn't (and hits nobody).

Community Leader
Ratbeard on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
It might be best to think of it as a "fizzle"-- the attack either works (and hits everybody), or it doesn't (and hits nobody).
Does whether it "fizzles" or not have anything to do with enemy resistance? Or is it a seperate roll based on character stats/lvl?

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
It is an attack against a single target and those who are immediately around it also get hit. It is not an area of attack. If it were an area of attack you could target the ground at any square you wanted.

Ensign
Oct 04, 2012
how about making it more like a critical hit, some monsters/ players, block and some dont. that way it would be fairer. Just my input sorry .

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
seasnake on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
It is an attack against a single target and those who are immediately around it also get hit. It is not an area of attack. If it were an area of attack you could target the ground at any square you wanted.
But when the attack is blocked it often isn't the one that I targeted that is shown to be blocking.

What I really wanted to know is whose dodge value is the attack compared against? I read once that the chance to hit was 100 - (enemies dodge chance) + (your accuracy chance). So which enemy is the attack compared against? Since, as I said above, it seems to be random which one it shows as blocking. Or does it check all the enemies to see if one of them would dodge. And if this is the case, wouldn't this make the chance to hit much less if multiple enemies are targeted.

Developer
But when the attack is blocked it often isn't the one that I targeted that is shown to be blocking.

I'll have to check into that. That would be unusual, since the animation system isn't set up to do anything like that.

There is one attack roll made, and you either hit them all, or you miss them all.

Notwithstanding the new programming we would have to invoke to do otherwise, I'm satisfied that it's perfectly "fair" as is.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
It Hitting more then 1 Enemy but dont forget it still all 1 Attack so if it Does ' Fizzle ' it not gonna hit all of them. If it Were More then one Enemy Hitting all of them Well that be a another Story

Hope i Helped & Happy Sailing

- Clever Ellie