Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Slowing Ship

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 18, 2010
Is it possible to program the ship come to a slow stop instead of the dead stop it makes now when clicking the space bar? I just see everyone in the ship ending up in the water :)

Thanks.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
You can use the down arrow to slow your ship and the space bar to stop your ship.

This is not the actual seas, we are in ships flying in the skyways, ever hear of AirBrakes?

Not sure why you need to do both, but you are entitled to your opinion, I like how it is setup.

Community Leader
wilsontim2010 on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
Is it possible to program the ship come to a slow stop instead of the dead stop it makes now when clicking the space bar? I just see everyone in the ship ending up in the water :)

Thanks.
hmmm, I have grown accustomed to this and use it in my strategy. I realize its not realistic, but realism is obviously not a focus here. ;) Please dont change this! We need to control our ship! Not being able to control when it stops could be trouble maneuvering around all those obstacles/critters on collection quests too! Just my two gold pieces on the subject! Thanks for listening! ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
May 24, 2012
Lol........bull overboard would not be a good thing. I use my left hand for the movement backward, forward, left and right. Keys A S D and W. It's convenient because the X is right there for collecting treasure chests and talking to villagers. When you're approaching an island, for example, once you get out of the fast lane you can slow your ship by pressing the S. Works in the fast lane too. I use it to look for enemy ships without going so fast I'm flying by them.

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
wilsontim2010 on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:

Thanks.
The space bar is "drop anchor" which is a dead stop. If you want to slow to a stop, you have to press the down arrow key.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
At the moment I don't think you can program it to slow. The Down Arrow key is what I use to slow my ship. I find that the Arrow Keys seem to work best for me.

Also, I prefer to use the number keys (1 thru 4) to attack instead of clicking on the icons in the lower right. I have heard in these Message Boards of people trying to click on the attack icons and not getting any response (supposedly due to lag).