Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your Favorite Companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 31, 2013
Darth JT on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
My most favorite companion in the game currently is Kobe YoJimbo!

He is an awesome Bull Samoori, his Crown Brother Wagyu or as I call him WagE is a very worthy purchase from the crown shop. He starts with First strike and later on, I train him in relentless twice, then riposte!

My second favorite companion is Kan Po, who is also a very worthy companion as well as his crown counterpart. He starts with Riposte, which I later get riposte 2 and Relentless twice, and he gets a heal.

What is your favorite companion and why?
My personal fav is Peter Quint, He critacals a lot so yeah, Plus he has a whales might and he does insane amounts of damaged if buffed. Strong Sebastain Jackson lvl 66

Petty Officer
May 17, 2011
Hmm... well, I have different favorites for different things.

Battle-wise
Baar. I mean, he is the strongest companion I have ever seen. Like, ever.

Storyline-wise
I would have to say Catbeard. Not only was he a member of Marco Pollo's crew, which helps a LOT in the story, he was also involved in the prison break in Port Regal AND we had to break him out of jail to get him, so yeah.

Line-wise
Hawkules by far. One word: Barleycorn.

Backstory-wise
Probably Sarah Steele. I found the whole thing with her disagreements with her uncle very interesting. I found her promotion quests to be the best out of the swashbuckler companions.

Petty Officer
May 17, 2011
flowerpirate on May 26, 2016 wrote:
Shirukulele Nero is my favorite. When I get Zeena it will be hard to decide though.
I love Shiruku. I actually got her way later then I should have (as in the middle of Aquila), and she is a BEAST. She does so much damage, and even though her health is pretty bad, it doesn't even matter, because she does so much damage, that she barely ever gets hit.

Ensign
Aug 13, 2014
Owls670 on Aug 14, 2015 wrote:
Mine are Sarah Steele, Bonnie Anne, Subodai, Wing Chun, Sky Snake (Crown Shop), Milo Graytail, Gaspard De Vole, Shiruku Neko, Old Scratch, Carcarius Grimtooth, Mormo, Ensign Emmet, Marchioness, and Chantal Livingstone!
I like your choices!

Ensign
Feb 13, 2013
My 2 facorite companions are nausica and contessa both do a lot of damage and hp is pretty good

Ensign
Jun 30, 2013

He is an awesome Bull Samoori, his Crown Brother Wagyu or as I call him WagE is a very worthy purchase from the crown shop. He starts with First strike and later on, I train him in relentless twice, then riposte!

My second favorite companion is Kan Po, who is also a very worthy companion as well as his crown counterpart. He starts with Riposte, which I later get riposte 2 and Relentless twice, and he gets a heal.

I like egg shen because he is your first companion and that is special he has been by your side since the escape from deacon

Ensign
Nov 19, 2015
The Marchioness of course! She tends to crit quite a bit and will buffs make her criticals better. She is one of the only offensive companions for privateers.

Ensign
Feb 20, 2013
My favorite companions are Contessa and Iago!

Ensign
Nov 30, 2012
dome479950 on Jul 25, 2016 wrote:
I like egg shen because he is your first companion and that is special he has been by your side since the escape from deacon
Dont forget each class gets a different starting companion.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Speaking of Moo Shu companion of the 5, my personal pick would be ( drum roll plays in the background ).

Sudobi-This is a powerful and speedy companion.This horse companion,hit really hard and was really helpful for most of the later half of the first arc. I have trained him really well early on.Although Kan Po might beg otherwise, this is truly a powerhouse companion.

Ensign
Feb 05, 2011
Hmm... This is hard, but I'm gonna have to say...

Combat-wise: Kan po. The amount of damage he can do with relentless 2, riposte 2, and blade storm is absolutely ridiculous. He also gets rally after his second premotion, which is very helpful.

Character-wise: EL TORO! Danananananana! El toro spews out personality, and lightens the mood of things (for me, at least.)

Plot-wise: rooster cogburn. This one-eyed chicken sheriff isn't actually relavent to the main plot, but he has his own string of side quests where you round up some of the meanest outlaws this side of cool ranch. Plus, watching the cooper's roost jail fill up is so satisfying.

Special mention to froggo villa for looking so awesome.

Friendly David, level 67

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
For me it depends on the situation but... the crazy Mojo Monkey that comes with the Hoodoo bundle is a lot of fun when you're fighting low levels. Boost him up and send him in and let his "Go Bananas" kick in and he can take out four enemies in one round. He packs a punch for being the smallest dude on the grid!

Ensign
Jun 04, 2016
My Favorite Is Sarah Steele When She is Upgraded to Mouse SwashBuckler :D Also Fan Flanders is a CLASSIC when she is upgraded to Frog SwashBuckler KEEP ON PIRAT'N

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
after making almost each class to level twenty and above
my favorite presidio companion for dialogue is lucky jack. birgus latro is my favorite for combat.
catbeard and monkey king are really funny. madclaw is pretty cool too especially with his color scheme of black and blue. el toro and ratbeard are always so explosive. there are a lot of great companions,

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Hey everyone,
My favorite companion in the game is Fan Flanders. She can get riposte 3 and relentless 2, allowing her to gain dodge each time she dodges an attack. She can also get tons of hits on an enemy with relentless. Also, frogs are awesome.
Sly Fergus Level 65
Sly Fergus Level 15

Ensign
Sep 02, 2016
Mine is hawkules because he is op . Level 70

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
My favorite companion is Goronado. I mean the guy is a beast with a charge and attack that only he can do. His damage is pretty good too plus who doesn't like to see a big hairy ape going crazy i know i do

Yours truely Rold Ryan Richardson (lvl 67) plus noobs not named here

Ensign
Nov 25, 2013
Subodai savage, once he's a khan relentless pretty much all the time (if you give him relentless)

level 58
level 15
level 10

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Well there are so many good companions that its hard to choose, but if had to pick a few i'd have to say:

1. Bonnie Anne, just because she's my firstmate on pretty much all my characters and when she's promoted for the last time she can unleash a chain of burst fire and Double tap. (if you give her those epics of course)

2. Subodai, one of the companions I use the most on my swash.

3. Wing Chun, because of his epics and his healing ability, always on my musketeer's A-Team.

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014

My team is a good priviy team for aqulia its.. Ju Hao, El Toro, and Iago.

Ensign
Jul 20, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Kobe and Kan Po (and their crown versions) are two of my favorites. You get those two in a battles, and the enemies start screaming and running away.

My ultimate favorite, just on pure character is ....... EL TORO. He's so full of bull (pun intended). He's arrogant, his voice over and comments are fantastic. When he gets his promotion, I laugh every time when I hear him talk about catching a fish with his bare hands. By far, my favorite companion quest.
I can agree with your pure on character. EL TORO IS ZE BULL OF THE GAME! (awful pun intended). However, the companion I think does the best in battle is Contessa Argento. You get her in Valencia 2 and she does A TON of damage. Seriously. Her only weakness is that she dies quickly. I wish that we did not need to wait!

- Yours truly, Josh.

My strongest character I have ingame is 67/68 (i forgot) Shy Chelsia Kid (ps:I cant spell ;-;)

Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
Tbh, Subudai has become a close companion.
In the start i found him useless and weak and it took me a long time to actually decide to promote him, but over the years he has proven himself, especially in the fight with the TOUGH
Unicorn gaurds.
Also include Sarah Steel and Bonnie Anne

~Huskey Valdus Stevenson level 67 and counting

Ensign
Jun 08, 2010
Hmmm
This is gonna be hard but I think I can manage.
I am going to name my favorite companion for each of my classes.
For My Musketeer-Chantal. Hands Down. Best musket companion in my opinion.
For my Swashbuckler-That would have to be Fan. Insane damage when hidden.
For my Buccaneer-Barnabus. When he has his first promotion he just looks so cool and is much more improved.
For my Privateer-Egg shen. Its a goose. He the only goose companion in the game. (correct me if I am wrong)
For my witchdoctor-Kan Po. Who does not love Kan Po???

Cya in the skyway!

Dark Patrick Mickleson-lvl 69
Hardy Ryan Renner-lvl 53
Stormy Ryan-lvl 16
Jonah-lvl 15
Alex-lvl 12

Ensign
Nov 25, 2011
My favorite companions is, hands down, the haywire battle angel. She is almost never blocked, almost always makes a hit, and when she pulls a critical, it's over for the opposing enemy. My only complaint would be blade storm. I am deeply upset that she can learn flanking, riposte, and relentless, yet she cannot learn blade storm. Also, haywire shot, surge of technomancy, and haywire strike are all very powerful. The technomancy is especially powerful in PvP situations as it removes any + effects from the victim of the attack. The haywire shot is a damage dealer and a doozy for anyone who gets hit by it. Haywire strike most of the time stuns the enemies as well. If you can get your hands on a battle angel, she is very powerful and my favorite companion.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
battle-wise: either the marchioness or ratbeard. mostly the marchioness when she promotes the first time, with the epics I gave her she is a BEAST!!!!
look-wise: bonnie anne or sarah steel or flan flanders, mostly bonnie anne after her first promotion.
personality-wise: Hmmmmmm, that is a tough one, definitely ensign emmet because when you have to save the recruits he is like the captain while I'M the captain, lol or old scratch OR egg shen or ratbeard, when ratbeard talks sometimes he makes me laugh so hard!!!

cya in the skyway's!!!!!!!!

the pretty privateer AKA FIERY alyssa taylor 21