Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companions and How they upgrade

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
So, anyone have clues or ideas on how many times a companion can upgrade and at what levels?
I've been playing solid for the last week, and just getting a nice stack of companions. Also was wondering how many times can a companion upgrade 2-3? not a lot of information out there on this yet.

Ensign
Jan 05, 2009
I have had 5 companions upgrade once so far (Bonnie Ann at 8th companion level was the first, Rat Beard, Egg Shin and Ensign Emmett were next, then Dead Mike the last for me at companion level 24). I have all of these now at companion level 21 or higher and no second upgrade. I am waiting to get a message from Old Scratch and Nanu Nanu soon...

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Right now, your first companions (Kan Po, Kobe, etc), Ratbeard, Bonnie Anne, Old Scratch, and maybe a couple more will have a total of 2 upgrade promotions (when you are sent to a tavern and have to quest).

Who knows how many more promotions will happen once other worlds are added to the game after Mooshu.

Lazy Lenora Leech
Buccaneer L41
Nautical L41

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
MichaelS56 on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
I have had 5 companions upgrade once so far (Bonnie Ann at 8th companion level was the first, Rat Beard, Egg Shin and Ensign Emmett were next, then Dead Mike the last for me at companion level 24). I have all of these now at companion level 21 or higher and no second upgrade. I am waiting to get a message from Old Scratch and Nanu Nanu soon...
All my companions are at level 21 or 22, only three of them have have had talent upgrades. I think two more of them could have but due to the game bug I complained about they didn't recieve them. My Rat Beard didn't get his upgrade, or at least at level 21 or 22 he has only two epic talents and I think he came with both of those.

Ensign
May 19, 2009
Community Leader
Goku513e on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:
how to get a companion Dead mike?
You get Dead Mike by saying that you lost your parents to mutiny in the character creation questions. He will then show up and join your crew after you complete the Presidio. If you have already passed that part of the game, you can buy his crown show equivalent, S.M. Arson.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
The most amount of promotions a companion can currently get is 3. The majority have 2 or less and Ridolfo Capoferro is the only companion that actually has 3 promotions at this time.