Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

More Privateer Companions.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 26, 2012
Now, now. People have been complaining that there are not enough Witchdoctor companions, yes well that is a problem, but in my opinion, there is another problem, it is that there are not enough Privateer companions. I don't see the problem with having more privateer companions other than heals but not all privateers need healing powers because that is not their main thing. Their main thing is buffing up their teammates, here I am on my Swashbuckler on Marleybone with only ONE privateer companion, soon enough I will get Lt. Springer and Catbeard (to be fair, swashbucklers need privateers the most) that is 3 privateers right there, you may think that is enough but compare that to how many companions the other classes have, so far regardless of which class you are, MOST LIKELY you are going to have lots of swashbucklers, and maybe a decent amount of buccaneers and musketeers. I wouldn't mind at least 5 Privateers on my team, but 3 is not enough, especially for how many buccaneer, musketeer, and swashbuckler companions there are. You would say Privateers are very overpowered which is why they are not common but listen to this, why are there lots of swashbuckler companions when they do the most damage in the game? Why are there lots of musketeer companions when they are range, you see Witchdoctors are ranged too, so why leave them in the dark? Why are there lots of Buccaneers when they are the greatest tanks in the game, to be fair Privateers are great tanks so why leave them in the dark as well?

You would probably also say "Privateers get 6 privateer companions, 7 if you count Jack Russel" but I would see why they have 6 companions, because they ARE privateers, but regardless of what class you are, you will get tons of buccaneers, musketeers, and swashbucklers on your team, so why not be fair and let those classes get your class companions as well. It's basically like a deal, "you get our companions and you give us your companions" same thing with Witchdoctors. Doing this will make all classes more "equal" instead of having one class get Privateers, Swashbucklers, Buccaneers, and Musketeers on their team (Privateer) and then another class just having Swashbucklers, Buccaneers, Musketeers and only a little bit of Privateers on their team (Swashbuckler, Musketeer, and Buccaneer)

Yes I understand Privateers are supposed to have the most companions in the game but just because they get the most companions does not mean they get to hog most of the privateers.

I'm sorry if this came out a bit rude, but it just bugs me.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Do you mean more Privateer companions accumulated through the storyline and side quests? Or just more in general. If so, there are MANY Privateers in the game. Though I must agree, each one having heals is a bit repetitive. Wing Chun's crownshop counter part, Wu Tang, gets Call to Arms at master, with Rally. Maybe you should try him out.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Privateers get the most companions in game for the simple reason that is how a privateer operates - this is the officer class, their companions are their weapons and having a good mix makes a privateer successful.
I would prefer that the privateer companions offer us more; not all heal and only a few come with a buff, Lucky Jack, for example, doesn't do this.

Ensign
Apr 26, 2012
TheHoodooQueen on Nov 4, 2015 wrote:
Do you mean more Privateer companions accumulated through the storyline and side quests? Or just more in general. If so, there are MANY Privateers in the game. Though I must agree, each one having heals is a bit repetitive. Wing Chun's crownshop counter part, Wu Tang, gets Call to Arms at master, with Rally. Maybe you should try him out.
Privateers from the storyline, sorry, never made it clear, there are lots of privateers in the crown shop.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Mycin Xanderman on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
Privateers from the storyline, sorry, never made it clear, there are lots of privateers in the crown shop.
Ah, I see. Since you mean from the storyline, I agree that there are in fact not enough accumulated. If I remember correctly you said you were a swashbuckler. After I maxed my swashbuckler and finished the storyline I looked back on my companions, three privateers, none of them with heals. I was a bit concerned actually, considering swashbuckler's low health. There should definitely be more privateer companions accumulated through the story line. Hopefully KI sees this and takes action...

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Mycin Xanderman on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
Also adding, more than just heals. Buffs like Call to Arms, or Espirit De Corps.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
In my opinon, pirate characters take a long time to train. The officer class, is also special not only they heal and attack.They can use spark powers,hoodoo powers and traps as well, in my opinon this often called the all in one class.However the most common build is a suport malee.This is the only class that raises two of the three primary stats, strength and will. Also this is the only suport class in pirates, at least in my expirence. That makes them the rearest class of the five.

In summary, class are special in many ways.Be patiance when training this class,making a great leader take a lot time and partice.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
Monkrinx2024 on Nov 6, 2015 wrote:
In my opinon, pirate characters take a long time to train. The officer class, is also special not only they heal and attack.They can use spark powers,hoodoo powers and traps as well, in my opinon this often called the all in one class.However the most common build is a suport malee.This is the only class that raises two of the three primary stats, strength and will. Also this is the only suport class in pirates, at least in my expirence. That makes them the rearest class of the five.

In summary, class are special in many ways.Be patiance when training this class,making a great leader take a lot time and partice.
You guys keep talking about their buffs. What about their attacks!!!!!!!!!!