Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 meets Wizard101!!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 25, 2013
Hey everybody! what if we could make a portal that could transfer your pirate into Wizard101 and back!

sayonara!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pixelmaster01 on Oct 1, 2015 wrote:
Hey everybody! what if we could make a portal that could transfer your pirate into Wizard101 and back!

sayonara!
Welcome to the message boards Pixelmaster01!
Interesting concept, what do you suppose our pirates would do in Wizard exclusive worlds?

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards Pixelmaster01!
Interesting concept, what do you suppose our pirates would do in Wizard exclusive worlds?
Help out Sherlock Bones in Marleybone! And find our foster fathers.Arthur Wethersfield ...sorry.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Magnificent Kiley on Oct 14, 2015 wrote:
Help out Sherlock Bones in Marleybone! And find our foster fathers.Arthur Wethersfield ...sorry.
I might take a stroll through the Commons and sneer at the effete, pallid wand-wavers.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
There are many ties in both games. Take the 5 boxes event in wizard101 that takes you to skull island and saves Boochbeard and Gandry, who will save the pirate in pirate101. Then there are mounts in bot games, like wonky donkey. Then there is one of the voice actors who accidently calls you "young wizard" as if you remind them in some way of this other helpful youngster. Not to mention you're in the same spiral, which we're assuming there's only one of. The games both end in 101, you go to the same worlds. Meawarty is locked up from when (spoiler sorry, can't say anything). Stuff like that.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Pixelmaster01 on Oct 1, 2015 wrote:

sayonara!
It's a good concept and I've thought of it myself.

Please note: the rest of the comment is meant to not be taken rude or offensive. If it comes off as such, I severely apologize.

My problem with it is, I don't know where the P101 and W101 fall in a timeline. I keep thinking "W101 came first" then there's evidence that comes up to suggest otherwise like the Emperor being sick in both games.

The reason this is significant, is when we step through said portal, in what point in time would we appear? Would we come before the Azteca story arc or after(if you haven't played to that point, trust me it's significant)?

Another thing, the combat system between the two universes differs pretty much entirely.
  1. The PvP system in W101 is far more broken(sorry, couldn't resist old habits die hard)
  2. While P101 is turn based, W101 allows for both players to make their move simultaneously in a single turn of play. The Cutthroat pirates using magic in the B.O.X.E.S. event still messes with my mind.
  3. P101 allows for movement during combat while W101 has you stationary.

Sorry, but it feels weird to me to have a wizard cast a spell, then have a pirate run up and assassin's strike or brutal charge them. How would hide even function?

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 15, 2015 wrote:
I might take a stroll through the Commons and sneer at the effete, pallid wand-wavers.
Challenge the charm-casters (That's meant as an insult from a book, to the wizards) to a duel! (Might not work out, but eh..)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Aaron FireEyes on Oct 16, 2015 wrote:
Challenge the charm-casters (That's meant as an insult from a book, to the wizards) to a duel! (Might not work out, but eh..)
One of my favorite anime series is called Louis the Rune Soldier. In one of the episodes, Genie ( a fighter ) says this to Louis ( a magic user ).
"You know, wizard, I could draw my sword before you can say 'abracababra', then all the magic in the world couldn't save you."